CRIME INVESTIGATION

By Sa_Ru_Art

'Falling in love while catching a serial killer.' This is a YiZhan version of my old PeteKao fiction TASCI. I... More

PROLOGUE
Zhan? Who?
CHASE
BREAKFAST
The Case
Broken Things
Candy
Memory Card
Stranger
Xiao Laoshi
Lunch
Dance Floor
Fake Moans
Interrogation Room
Noodles
Good Night Bo Di
Good Morning Bodi
Boyfriend
Curved
Flirting Back
Guilt
AWOL
Broken Door
Tsum Tsum
Sorry Again
Vinegar
Another Rider
Not just alcohol
Touches
Green and Red
Coffee Mug
The Mask
Love Birds
Selfie
With Me
Late night talks
Fragrance of sandalwood
Bob
Expectations
Feelings
First Time
My Stupidity
Tattoos
The search begins
The Rush
NA-Rak
I got you
Who am I to you?
To Chongqing

On The Road

745 94 9
By Sa_Ru_Art

//Yibo//
________

When I parked my bike, I grabbed my phone. There was a missed call notification and it was from Zhan Ge.

I checked the time and the call came almost half an hour ago.

"Am I going to get another rant from him?" I rolled my eyes with a sigh.

I called him back immediately.

"Hello," I said when he picked up my call after a few rings.

"Where were you?" He asked and his voice was blurry. There was some noise in the background.

"Where are you ?" I asked back.

I was at the parking, outside that bar and it was almost 10.45 pm.

"You don't sound like you are inside the bar." I added,

"Nope, I'm on my way." He replied.

"Why are you so late?"

"We are almost there Baby." He said again.

"We?" I gaped.

Suddenly I heard the sound of a bike and that's when I understood What he meant with 'WE'

I didn't have to turn around and look to know who's bike was that.

"Hey Bo di, I'm here." Zhan ge announced when Jingyu stopped his bike, right in front of mine.

I didn't even glance at Zhan ge. My eyes dropped first to the hands that wrapped around Jingyu's waist and I don't know why a feeling of fire burning inside my belly...or chest? Whatever doesn't matter happened.

I looked up at Jingyu when Zhan ge climbed off of that bike.

Jingyu was looking at me and is he holding a smirk?

But that band aid on his nose made me so much happy and I was so satisfied.

"Hey, Yibo, are you listening?" Zhan ge shook my shoulder and that's when I looked at him.

I raised a brow at him in annoyance.

"You don't talk to Mark anything related to this and let me do the talking. I have a cover but you don't. So let me handle this." He said.

I looked over at Jingyu who was busy, Parking his bike.

"Explain." I demanded and Zhan ge looked at me all puzzled.

"What?" He asked.

I looked over at Jingyu again and then him.

He followed my gaze and then looked back at me.

"Oohh!! Arrr.... It's actually, Jingyu.... He offered me a ride and I thought.."

"Did you call him for that?" I asked again.

"Nope. He just showed up." He said immediately.

I nodded my head.

"What? You don't believe me?" He asked.

"I will if you ask me to." I said and I saw him blinking at me.

"Then do it. I'm telling the truth. And remember this, I won't lie to you." He grabbed my arms when he said that and with a sincere nod, he assured what did he just say.

"Mmmm... Okay." I nodded back.

"We can't go inside together. You go first." I said to him.

He looked over at that bar and nodded back at me.

"Okay then. I will go first." He tapped my arms when he let them go.

Jingyu came towards us and looked us back and forth. He touched his nose when he stood in front of us and his gaze was on me when he did that.

I ignored his stare and pulled my jacket more to make a sarcastic pose.

"Come on Jingyu." Zhan ge called him and they were about to go.

"Wait." I immediately grabbed Jingyu's jacket to pull him back.

I looked at a frowning Zhan ge.

"You go first. We will come after." I said to Zhan ge with a smile and Zhan ge frowned more.

The Jingyu guy was also frowning but I ignored it.

"Are you.....Sure?" Zhan ge looked at me and he was super confused.

"Yeah. Im sure." I smiled at him again. And why the hell he is frowning even more.

Zhan ge pointed at Jingyu, then back at me.

"You sure you won't hit him again?" He asked and that's when my fake smile disappeared from my face and I had to glare at Zhan ge this time.

"I said you to go. We.will.come.after." I specified each words.

Zhan ge blinked before nodding and he jogged towards that bar. I didn't took my eyes from him until he disappear into that bar.

"Do you smell something?" I heard Jingyu's voice and I completely turned towards him.

I'm not that dumb and I know what exactly he meant by that question.

He said that I'm jealous. Am I?

Whatever, it doesn't matter either. The only thing that matter is I hate this guy.

"Oh! You could smell? With that nose? Impressive. Such a talent." I smiled at him sarcastically.

Jingyu bite his bottom lip to hold a smile or something, he crossed his arm on his chest when he looked again at me. Fuck!!! Why is he taller than me?

"A real smartass I see." He gave me a once-over.

"I have never thought I could impress you that much. Thank You." I mirrored his pose.

We stared at each other like that for a few more moment before he smile.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Unlike you, we gay people come to a gay bar for drinks and hook-ups." He said it casually.

Did he said he is gay. Is that a statement or something. I was surprised but I didn't show it.

"Is that all?" I asked again.

"What are you afraid of Yibo?" He came close to me and he was this tall and bulky than me. I had to look up to his face but I didn't take a step back and I won't let him intimidate me.

"You are mad because I'm here or I'm here with him?" He asked again.

"What if I say both" I wasn't gonna let him win either.

He chuckled soundless.

"What if I say, I won't stop flirting with him?" He asked me back.

Again, this feeling. I bite my lip before I let out a sight of a little frustration.

"So, you admit it.?" I asked.

"I always do flirt with him. He knows that. If he doesn't have a problem with that, then I don't know why you have one?" He asked with a smile.

I was literally burning and this feeling was super annoying.

Zhan ge knows it. He knows Jingyu is flirting with him and he deliberately let him do it.

That's f*cking annoying.

I know Zhan ge is a flirty guy but.... But this little information was making me frustrated.

'YESS!! I f*cking have a lot of problems with that and you can't do that to him.' I wanted to scream it out on Jingyu's face but,

"I don't have a problem with you flirting with him." I said.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I made it more cold.

"Then Why are you treating me like this?" He asked.

"Because I just hate you." I said before I walk away.

I was annoyed. I was frustrated and I was so damn pissed off.

He did follow me but I didn't even look back.

When I entered inside, I saw Zhan ge chatting with Mark.

When I saw him all smile and flirty, a thought came to my mind.

Isn't that the way he talks to me too?

I stood there staring at him like that and I don't know how long.

"Hey, Yibo," I averted my eyes from Zhan ge only when I heard a familiar voice.

I turned over to see Bob.

He was just arrived there and he had his jacket and helmet in his hand and his coloured blonde hair was so messy.

He smiled at me so brightly. His lensed blue eyes sparkled when he did that.

"Hey, Bob," I greeted him with a smile.

I don't know why but I was happy to see him there.

"You are early today." I said.

"Yeah, I am. Hey, come on I will make your drink." He said when he tugged me with him to the counter.

He sat me on a spinning chair.

"Sit here and wait. Let me get ready." He said when he turned around to go but he looked back again.

"Don't give your orders to anyone else." He warned me in a cute way and I smiled with a nod.

When Bob disappeared to the back room of that counter, I turned my chair to look around.

My eyes directly went to where Zhan ge stood.

This time he was chatting with not only Mark. Jingyu was also there and he was claimed Zhan ge's shoulders. Zhan ge was all allowing him to. That was annoying to see and I averted my eyes.

I turned around and waited for Bob to show up.

I wanted to drink something really hot.

"Sorry for making you wait. I'm here. What you wanna have today?" Bob appeared from that rest room of them.

Now he was on his black and white uniform and his hair was perfect. He smiled some more.

"I will have a tequila please." I said.

"Hm... Not in a good mood I guess." He mused at me.

I raised a brow at him.

"Usually, you drink that when you are upset. Are you?" He asked me leaning on that counter.

I smiled at him.

That's when I see a bruise mark on his forehead.

I narrowed my eyes at that.

When I scanned him more, I saw more bruises in his neck.

My hand absently reached for his face and I touched his forehead.

"What is this?" I asked.

He was taken away by that move of mine and was blinking at me.

"That's.... Arr.... That's nothing. I just fell down." He fidgeted and his face became red.

That's when I realised, he was blushing and I immediately retreated my hand from his face.

"Can I get my drink please?" I asked and he nodded shyly.

I slapped my own face when he turned around to make my drink and I scowled myself when I turned my chair towards the crowd.

You stupid idiot, you shouldn't have touched his face.

I said inside my head.

I let out a sigh and I was about to turn but that's when I saw Zhan ge again.

His eyes were right on me. We looked at each other for a few more moments before I turn around to the counter again.

I am sure that he saw me touching Bob's face and I was wondering if he felt what I felt when I see him with that jerk Jingyu a few moments ago?

I was really wanted to know it.

"Yibo, " Bob placed my drink.

I looked up at him.

He said he fell down but I know those weren't those kinds of bruises we get when we fall.

"Is that why you took a leave?" I asked to him, pointing those bruise marks.

"You noticed that I took a leave?" He asked with a lot of excitement.

"Y...yeah... Because you are my bartender guy and I will notice if you are absent right?" I shrugged.

"Your bartender guy!!!" He repeated with a laugh and I laughed with him.

I didn't see Zhan ge there after that. I didn't see Jingyu either.

I wanted to call him but something inside my head told me to don't do it.

Me and Bob chatted a lot until the bar was almost empty.

I was still waiting for Zhan ge and I did feel like a fool. What if he already went with Jingyu. I sighed in frustration.

I wanted to drink more but I didn't drink after my 3rd one.

The bar was about to close and still there wasn't any sign of Zhan ge.

I grabbed my phone and his number was on my speed dial. I was about to call him but..

"Yibo, are you going?"

Bob asked and I nodded.

"Wait for me then." He smiled and I nodded at him absently.

Me and Bob walked towards the parking and he was talking something nonstop. I was just nodding but wasn't listening at all.

Finally we reached the parking and I was about to get y bike but,

"Hey, Yibo," I stopped when he tugged my jacket.

I frowned at him.

"Arr.... Are you.... mmm.... Are you free this Friday?" He asked and his face was again red.

I frowned even more.

"If.... You are then.... Can we..... Arr... What about we both go for a.... Arr...." He trailed off.

I was gaping at him. And I know what exactly he is gonna ask.

Is this little guy asking me out!! Yes, he is.

"Bob," I called him and he looked up at me.

"You are a nice person. A charming one. I like you a lot but.... Not in that way." I said.

His smile faded and he bite his lip.

"I am sorry if I ever gave you a idea like that." I added.

He looked down immediately and I grabbed his shoulder.

"With your innocent face, You will get a good guy than me." I said again with a smile.

He nodded when he tried to smile again.

F*ck! This hurt.

Even if I don't have that kind of feelings for him, when I could feel his hurt.

I grabbed his arms and pulled him towards me for a hug. I tapped his back to make him feel better.

"You are a good friend." I said.

I felt him nodding when he hugged me back.

When we parted, I smiled at him and he did it too. But that sad smile was a little hard to see.

"It's okay Yibo. Can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"What about you and Tim?"

I gaped at him. He is asking about me and Zhan ge.

"I saw you guys looking at each other often. I clearly saw him glaring at me when you touched my forehead today and that bracelet." He pointed at my hand and I followed his gaze.

It was the blessings bead Zhan ge gave me that night when he came back from his village. He said it was a gift from his mother.

"I have seen one in his hands too." Bob said.

Yeah, Zhan ge too has one but it was a gift right? Maybe his mom bought them together from the same place.

"I don't know what are talking about." I shrugged with a smile.

"Oh... I thought.... I thought it's a couple thing." He said and I chuckled.

"A couple thing?" I shook my head when I smiled again.

But, I did look back to my bracelet and slightly narrowed my eyes at it.

He wished me a good night before he climb on his bike and ride away.

1....2....3....4....5....6....

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" I heard a cry along with a sound of something crashing when I was about to start my bike.

I immediately started my bike and drove towards the road.

I saw Bob's bike on that road and its wheels were still spinning. But there wasn't him.

"Bob!!!" I called out when I climbed off my bike and run towards it.

I was so shocked and confused.

"Yibo!!" I heard a voice and it was Zhan ge. He was running towards me.

Suddenly a van rushed in front of us and I saw Bob inside it before they could close that door.

"BOB!!" I Shouted before I grab my gun. I shot a bullet to the tire but I wasn't lucky.

Zhan ge immediately ran after that van.

"F*CK !!!" I cursed when I climbed on my bike again.

I started my bike and I did make a stop a second after I ride.

I turned back to see Zhan ge, who was running.

"Come on." I said and I saw a surprised face before he climbs on my bike.

I didn't waste a second.

We immediately chased that van.

Zhan ge was clutched to my waist with his one hand but I know there was a gun on his other hand.

We saw Jingyu flirting with a guy on the sidewalk when that van and our bike passed by.

He saw us and after a few seconds, he was right beside us.

I glanced at us with a smirk and I didn't give any reaction. Our bikes followed that van together.

"Go fast Lao Wang, you can do it. We can do it." Zhan ge was cheering me and I don't know where did that alcohol gone that I had an hour ago.

When that van turned towards a narrow street, I looked at Jingyu. He looked at me back. We both nodded just before he turned his bike to the left and we took right.

"Yibo?" Zhan ge called me in confusion.

"Don't worry babe, WE CAN DO IT." I also couldn't believe that I said it. But I did.

__________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 1.9K 13
Hi friends...it's a yizhan fanfic Someone once told to me no one know or write the definition of love...it's only define by person who is in love or...
71.3K 5K 33
Xiao Zhan, a chemistry professor at Zhejiang University, always thinks his life is as simple as himself. He loves to teach and prepare his students t...
81.9K 3.2K 28
Ge...let's get divorce "wh..What...???" I don't like you...I love someone... "Wh...What are you sa...saying...? don't joke around didi...???" I am no...
55.3K 3.1K 21
*Present Time FF* "I'm freeing you Lan Wangji. I was just playing with you. I was just killing my time. Now I'm done so I'm breaking up with you...