The way I feel for you

By sager0se_

This is a fan-fic written after book 4 'Princess at Heart' so it does contain spoilers! Maya Ashwick --sister... More

- Chapter 1 -
- Chapter 2 -
- Chapter 3 -
- Chapter 4 -
- Chapter 5 -
- Chapter 6 -
- Chapter 7 -
- Chapter 8 -
- Chapter 9 -
-Chapter 10 -
- Chapter 11 -
- Chapter 12 -
- Chapter 14 -
- Chapter 15 -
- Chapter 16 -
- Chapter 17 -

- Chapter 13 -

204 9 11
By sager0se_

Jamie's P.O.V

 Annoyed and hurt, I marched towards the castle gardens, the only place where the presence of my mother remained. The twisted vines and blooming blossoms surrounded me as if telling me to ease up and enjoy this very moment --- even though it was just an escape. The silver moon glowed above me, I closed my eyes and let all my irritation control my clenching fists. Maya's cries snapped me back to reality.

"Jamie!"

I continued walking towards the fountain, ignoring her. I couldn't face Maya right now, I shouldn't have done what I did that night either. 

"Jamie!" I could hear the pacing of her breath. She was far behind me, running as I predicted. I still had no idea what there was to be upset about. Ellie asked me a simple question, why did it lead to such fury?

"Jamie! No matter how many times you'll ignore me, we have to talk about it!" Maya growled, grabbing my arm and turning me around to face her. 

"Talk about what!?" I suddenly yelled, shaking her hand off hesitantly. Her heavy breathing was the only source of sound during the cold winter night, mine completing the pattern "Why would we have to talk!?"

"Because don't you think it would've meant something to me?"

She had a desperate and vulnerable look on her face while I stayed silent. Maya's face morphed into despair, she had a hand on her chest, where her heart was. The moonlight brightened our faces, highlighting Maya's features. My heart was thundering, it meant something to her? In all honesty I couldn't tell whether she was lying or not. I was about to respond when a cold hand pulled me the opposite direction.

"Jamie-kun, why did you run away?"

Haru.

Maya's eyes widened, she looked as if she lost all control in her body. Skin as pale as paper, she covered her mouth with both her her hands to stop her from sobbing. Why was she crying? She hadn't even met him before. The scent of an ocean-breeze flooded my nose. Haru cocked his head to the side to get a better look at Maya. 

"Looks like you've made friends with Princess Ashwick," he smirked but in a breezy way I was so familiar with. Maya looked like she was about to collapse. I immediately brushed my hand out of Haru's grasp and took a step back towards the golden haired princess, putting my hand in front of her body to show protection. I heard the sound of running from two separate people. Ellie gave a low growl the minute she saw Haru, like the wolf inside of her ready to spark. As soon as she noticed, Lottie wrapped arm around Maya's shoulders to help her from breaking down.

"Jamie, we should go back to your father," Haru held out a hand for me to take with a soft yet devious side smile. Two seconds later, I would soon be a part of Leviathan again, but the only reason I ever joined was to save Lottie and save her from the Wolfsons. I looked at the golden ring wrapped around my finger, memories blew by me of Lottie, Ellie, and most importantly, Maya, my real family. Then my mother and father, Hirana Rajput and Claude Wolfson, my birth family. Maybe I was the one who needed saving, and maybe I was already saved from my own father. I looked sophistically at the 3 girls stood behind me. 

It was me all along

Instead of taking his hand, I grabbed him by the elbow and twisted it until he let out a yelp. 

"Jamie-kun, what are you doing?"

I let go of his arm, pushing him backwards "Getting my life back, you little-"

Ellie cut me off with a loud cry while sending a punch at Haru's fragile face. Nose bleeding, he grabbed Ellie's arm and locked her in arms of his own. Ellie let out another growl, trying to break free from his clutch. I was about to strike him another time when I heard a melodic but loud voice say..

"Get your hands off her," It was Maya. She charged towards him, pulling his arm away from Ellie's body and strangling it with all her might. She kicked him hard in the stomach, sending him tumbling towards the ground. It was so unexpected, Haru hadn't thought of Maya ever attacking someone, making it the perfect weapon. I was impressed at her skill and strength, 

Though Maya was the stubborn type, I couldn't have predicted as a deadly assassin. She was like me: strong when she chooses, cold when she had to hide, and soft with only a few people. Blood flooded Haru's nose as Maya placed her foot on where she just attacked him, pressing down hard. Haru groaned, wiping the blood off his upper-lip before gripping onto her leg and pulling her down to the floor. 

 I finally sprung into action, my fist flew to his face. He stopped my fist mid-way, gripped onto my arm and pulled me in the direction to leave. Maya got up from the ground and strangled his leg until we all plummeted towards the grassy floor. As soon as Ellie saw him across the floor, she grabbed one of the branches from the trees and threatened to stab him with it. Haru hit Maya hard in the face before Ellie did as promised, stabbing him in the leg with a tree branch. Seriously, a tree branch. I felt bad for him, he wasn't all that evil but the instinct of someone from Leviathan ravelled Ellie's nerves.The Japanese Partizan lost conscience, leaving the four of us exhaling with relief. Maya's face was bruised, leaving a hint of dark purple on her right cheek. 

"Let's go put some ice on that," Lottie said, raising Maya's chin and walking her back inside. Leaving me and Ellie alone amongst the rose bushes. She gave me a side look, we haven't spoken properly ever since she kidnapped me. The princess looked to her feet shyly "Jamie, I have to confess something," she sighed giving in and sitting down "I've been feeling guilty for-"

"Kissing Lottie," I cut her off curtly.

She froze "How did you know?"

"Ellie, I'm your Partizan and technically your cousin, I'd know."

 A shameful face washed upon her once before brutal one, she played with the strand of inky black hair blocking her eyes "Are you angry?"

I sat down next to her and raised a brow. We had a pact, we couldn't do anything about our feelings for Lottie. My princess broke those very rules the moment we made them. I looked at Haru's motionless body, the thought of sending him back to Sayuri in Takeshin crossed my mind. But none of it mattered to me at the moment, I just had to talk to Maya and sort out everything about my feelings. I forgave Ellie. 

"I was but...not anymore,"

Ellie gave me a comforting hug, grinning as she did so. I hugged her back, she was like my irresponsible little sister. Although I was heir to the throne of Maradova, I couldn't put myself up to that position, it felt wrong, I was raised to become a Partizan, not a king. "You need to talk to Maya about your feelings," Ellie muttered but in an urgent tone.

I flinched "What?"

Ellie released herself from the hug solemnly, sniffling back her sad giggles "Your feelings. I don't know what happened that night, but it caused something today, all day. I can tell just by the way you look at her, it was like how you looked at Lottie. Before she goes back to her stuck-up brother, you better confess or she'll be gone from our lives, again."

 Ok, since when did Ellie start picking up small details? Did all that really change after 3 weeks without me? This princess stresses me out so much. In spite of that, she had a point, Maya would leave soon, she knew how I felt but I needed to have a proper conversation about it. 

"I'll think about it,"

"Yeah, no. You're telling her tomorrow,"

See what I mean? This girl is the most rigid human being on this planet.

"Ellie-"

"Princess' orders!"

Damn it, I hated when she did that. It's like I never get a say- hold on, I do get a say. I'm the heir and I am of royal blood, but maybe this time, I'll let this pass. I'd rather be forced to do it than making the decision on my own. That doesn't sound right but if I had to choose I wouldn't do it. Maybe Ellie's determination actually had good purposes. 

~

Heavy sorries for the late update! I know I said I'll be updating every 3-4 days but I'm going through a tough patch right now so we'll see.

A close someone passed away recently, I may update sooner or later, who knows.

Aside from that, I appreciate all the support you all have showed me, it really cheers me up when I feel down.

Ily all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 188 20
I've really been enjoying byler lately so I started this story! Fluff - โ˜๏ธ Angst - ๐ŸŒง Smut - ๐ŸŒฅ (Smut will not likely happen.) +* started - 12/25/22 ...
6.2K 486 26
Twins, they only have each other. They can't stop it. They don't have a choice. So they hurt others instead. They don't know how to fix anything anym...
56K 1K 94
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
257K 5.9K 57
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc