Vengeance

By kaylarosewrites

[complete; editing, ROUGH draft] "Say something in Spanish." I snorted, "Like what?" "I don't know... I just... More

||Author's note||
||Playlist||
||Prologue||
||01|| Praised*
||03|| Under your nose
||04|| Numbed
||05|| Bodies drop
||06|| Undercover
||07|| Blindsided
||08|| Capo
||09|| Meaningless, yet purposeful*
||10|| Helpless
||11|| Her Wings
||12|| Partner In Crime
||13|| Over And Under*
||14|| Blown Through*
||15|| Welcome Back
||16|| Self Confessions
||17|| Re-visited pain
||18|| Risks Taken
||19|| Rules Broken*
||20|| Waffle
||21|| Grenade
||22|| Collisions
||23|| Her and I*
||24|| Two-Faced
||25|| Cope
||26|| Expect The Unexpected
||27|| Recuperating
||28|| One bed
||29|| Agosto?
||30|| Volunteer
||31|| Grave
||32|| Euphoric*
||33|| Letter
||Epilogue*||
||Thank You!||
17 years later: Angela's POV

||02|| Clue

54.8K 1.7K 1.1K
By kaylarosewrites

Oakley POV

A beam of sunlight shone directly over my face, waking me up from my slumber. I expected to be in my apartment, in my comfortable bed with the sound of my roommate attempting to sing Ariana grande. But when I opened my eyes to my legs sticking to leather and the man of my one night stand laying beside me, all the memories began to flood back in.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I threw my head back on the seat, internally slitting my own throat for staying the night. Sleeping together always means something more just like kissing, and as I said before, I don't do strings.

As carefully and quietly as I could I lifted myself in a sitting position, rolling him over to his side. Hopefully, he happens to be a heavy sleeper and I could get out of here without him knowing.

When I peered outside there were several other people walking past but it seemed as though they couldn't see me. He must have tints on his windows which I was thankful for.

I turned my legs forward searching for my shirt that was balled up in the corner of the seat and pulled up over my head. One piece of clothing down, now to locate my skirt, purse, and boots.

Which wasn't hard to find, I slid my skirt back on, leaving the ripped stocking to be scrapped. And slipped my boots on.

I glanced back at the guy after the amount of shuffling I've been doing, and I realized that I didn't even know his name.

That'll be easy to change. All I have to do is find his wallet.

I lifted myself between the front two seats where his pants were thrown over the wheel and grabbed them. Stuffing my hands in his pockets I located his wallet.

"Bingo," I whispered.

I opened it up, revealing several cards and a slit filled with cash. My mouth dropped open as I filed through several hundred dollar bills. What the hell did this man work as? I took it upon myself to borrow three hundred and slipped them in my purse, he wouldn't even realize they're gone.

Turning back to his wallet I began to examine his cards. I pulled up one of the dozen and my eyes scanned the words beside his picture.

August Creed, it read.

But his name is not what made my body go ice cold. My eyes traveled to the words at the top of the card. Two words that I'd recognize anywhere, two words that I've read a thousand times before.

Salvo Inn.

I sucked in a sharp breath as my hand flew to my chest, but it connected with nothing. The necklace that carried the bullet, which rarely leaves my neck, was gone.

"Looking for this?" August's voice came from behind.

And as an instinct I reached for my purse and grabbed a hold of my Glock 42, a small handgun I carry around with me at all times. You know, just in case I get myself in scenarios like this one.

I spun around with his card in one hand and my gun in the other, pointing it straight at his head.

He smirked, sitting up to stretch with my necklace wrapped around his fingers, completely unfazed at the fact that I was pointing a gun at him.

"And she carries a gun, you are truly full of endless surprises." He said putting the bullet up to his eyes.

"Give it back, or I'll scatter your brains across your own windows."

He began to spread his legs slightly, revealing all that wasn't covered, which was everything. My eyes, losing concentration, trailed down his body and reached the place that had given me the night of my life several hours ago.

"You want more, angel?" He asked, leaning back on the seat and causing my eyes to snap back to his, "I can give you more."

"My name is Oakley," I said, hoping he'll now stop calling me angel. "Tell me where'd you get this card from and what's it for."

Of everything, I had to find a lead to my parents' murder from a one-night stand. Unexpected yet practical.

"Tell me why it's so important first," he said, causing my blood to boil.

I clicked back the safety on the gun and raised my eyebrows.

"You won't do it. You don't have the guts to shoot me after I had you melting around my dick." He tested.

I smirked and leaned in closer to him, "I'd watch what you say, August or the woman you had at your disposal might be the cause of your death."

He glared at me with challenging eyes and I rubbed my tongue across my top teeth. He was underestimating me, but he has no idea who the hell I am.

I lowered my hand and pressed down on the trigger sending the bullet flying into the leather in between his legs.

His body jolted and an expression of fear crossed his face for a mere second before he realized the bullet didn't actually hit him.

He looked down at the hole and then back at me. "The next one will be sent through your skull." I pressed. "Now answer my fucking question! What is this card for?"

He let out a low sigh, "and she's crazy," he said. "Why do I somehow always find the crazy ones?" He laughed to himself.

In a split second, I crawled over and pressed the gun on his dick causing him to stiffen.

"Maybe I'll blow this off of you instead, let you suffer for being a twat." I had a hand on his thigh and my other hand between his legs, holding the gun to him.

"Do you have any idea how hot you look right now?"

I glared at him, locking my jaw, "One—" I began to count down.

"Okay okay, I'll tell you what you want to know. But first, put the gun down, angel."

I did as he said rolling my eyes at the nickname and leaned back to put the gun on the floorboard.

And before I could register it, he had twisted himself and reached behind the back seats where he pulled out a gun of his own. I recognized it as an A-M20, a submachine gun.

My body went still as he leaned forward with me in the leg grooves of the car, between his legs and him on the seat.

He put a hand on my throat and I shut my eyes as the gun pressed on the side of my head.

"Look how the table has turned." He said, his breath fanning over my neck.

Of course, he'd have a car laced with guns of his own. Seems to be my kind of luck.

"Just kill me and get it over with."

He made a tapping noise with his tongue, "I don't want to kill you, you're far too pretty to die."

I rolled my eyes and his hand went to mine and pulled the card out of my grip. He raised it at me, his gun still pressed against the side of my head.

"This thing? This card simply belongs to a shooting range across the city."

"Lies." I pressed. "I've spent years looking for a place of that name yet nothing surfaced. So how would a simple shooting range be the answer?"

He laughed and lowered his hand and brought it back up in my view of vision. It held my necklace, the bullet still on it. Lowering the gun from my head he took the necklace and pulled it around my neck.

His hand brushed against my skin as he clipped it around my neck. Leaning back, his lips grazed my ear, "I told you what you wanted to know, you either exit my car or you stay for round three."

His words sent a shiver down my spine and I cursed myself for being so responsive to him.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I asked.

"About round three? I'll show you—"

"No," I stopped him, my lips pressing together, "About the shooting range being where the card came from."

He is quite annoying.

He let out a breath from his nose and raised his gun once again, but not to me this time. He pulled out the magazine and dropped a bullet in his palm causing a flashback to the night the woman did the same thing.

He raised the bullet to my eyes and on the back of it were words ingrained with the same words as the bullet around my neck. It was nearly identical other than the different shape of them.

My eyes widened, I never found another bullet with that engraved on it and this guy had an entire magazine full of it.

"Came from the same range that the bullet you carry came from." He informed me by putting it back in his magazine.

"Now, angel, get out of my car before I change my mind."

Without a word, I reached over the seat to grab my purse. Not breaking eye contact with him, I put my gun back into my purse and reached for the car door.

Once I got a foot out, the warm breeze hit me. I heard August speak from behind, "Enjoy the three hundred as well."

I turned around to him laying back in the seat, still skin naked. Rolling my eyes I pulled the car door down with a slam and walked off, "Will do," I muttered to myself.

Brushing my fingers in my hair to possibly maintain it, I reached in my purse and pulled out sunglasses to help hide the fact that I literally woke up in a car naked after the rigorous night I've had.

At least I'm a step closer to getting to the fuckers who killed my parents.

[A/N]

Don't forget to vote comment, and follow. I greatly appreciate it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 4.5K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive Fiancรฉ, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...
132K 2.5K 53
Kirill's past would come back full force and as his new bride, Mia is about to stumble upon his dark world and the immense pull it has on her. Kirill...
1.3M 28.7K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...
4.5M 90K 52
"Valerio, fuck I- I can't it's t-too much" he grabbed both her wrists locking them in place behind her back while ruthlessly pounding into her from b...