Hit Home || A Spralbert Story

By Broadway_Crackers

I wrote a One-Shot in my One-Shot book and decided to turn it into a book. Race is a normal kid in Manhattan... More

Chapter 1 - The Cute Boy Across the Street (Prolouge)
Chapter 2 - Albert and Spot Almost Killed Race
Chapter 3 - Play Baseball with Two Cute Boys? Heck Yes.
Chapter 4 - We've All Been Stuck as Theatre Kids for Way too Long
Chapter 5 - Race is Confused Cause- Love
Chapter 6 - Technically a Run
Chapter 7 - Better At Offense Than Defense in Multiple Areas of Life
Chapter 8 - Albert Doesn't Understand Theatre Kid References
Chapter 9 - "Knock Yourself Out." "But Don't Actually."
Chapter 10 - The Plastics (Ft. Race, JoJo, and Elmer)
Chapter 11 - Italian to English Malfunctions and Teasing
Chapter 12 - Brookies and Former Brookies and Spot's Apparently a King
Chapter 13 - "Love is so Confusing."
Chapter 14 - "Have Some Decency!" "You've Seen Me Shirtless Before."
Chapter 15 - Laying in the Grass and the Sequal, Lovesick in the Grass
Chapter 16 - "You. Can't. Break. Me. That. Easily."
Chapter 17 - Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Troubles
Chapter 18 - Picking Pickles
Chapter 19 - Starlight Sleeping Beauties
Chapter 20 - "It's Not Like You Aren't Cute When You're Sleeping."
Chapter 21 - "Due Ragazzi Carini Mi Hanno Baciato."
Chapter 22 - Puppy Eyes and Puppy Love (Pt.2)
Chapter 23 - Peek-a-boo with a Puppy
Chapter 24 - Hatred for Haircuts and Loving for the Pups
Chapter 25 - They Love Spot, but he's Horrible at Mario Cart
Chapter 26 - "Then, You Die!"
Chapter 28 - "Guess I'm Meeting Both of my Boyfriends' Parents Today."
Chapter 29 - Plant Time Again (And Now There's a Puppy with Them)
Chapter 30 - The Slightly Boring Chapter That is Introductions

Chapter 27 - The DaSilva Family (Aka, That's a lot of Redheads)

281 8 61
By Broadway_Crackers

- Chapter 27 - "I'm the One Who Kills Spider's in this Relationship!" -
Warnings: This chapter isn't great (slight mentions of nerves.)
Third Person POV

Albert walks with Race and Spot to his step-mother's new house.

She had recently moved with his brothers to Manhattan, about twenty minutes from Race and Spot's houses.

Spot held Albert's left hand, rubbing circles into the palm of his hand to calm him down.

Race held his other hand, both of them occasionally squeezing each other's hands because both of them were nervous.

Albert was definitely more nervous than Race, though Race still hated meeting adults.

Albert had recently been invited to meet his step-mom and brothers, since he'd be moving in with them soon, along with his grandmother, who was slowly passing away.

Albert's heart rate sped up when they got to the house.

Spot presses a soft kiss to his cheek. "You're gonna be okay, Albie." He whispers assuringly. "We're here with you."

Albert nods.

Race doesn't say anything.

Spot knocks on the door to the house.

The door opens, revealing a redheaded woman with bright green eyes, a warm smile, very pale skin, and a green twirly dress that went down to her knees.

She beams. "Albert?" She asks.

Albert nods.

"Welcome boys," Albert's step mom, Autumn, greets. "Come in, come in." She ushers them inside.

The three boys share looks, Spot smiling softly, as they step into the living room.

Autumn shuts the door. "I just made tea, would you like some?" She asks, the smile never leaving her face.

"Oh my God, Albert." Race stares at her. "She's great."

The other three people in the room chuckle.

"Spot and I don't like tea, but Race does." Albert informs her politely.

"Ugh, what is wrong with you people?" A redheaded boy jokes, leaning against the doorway of the hallway and the living room with a smile.

"I know right." Race responds. "They're such Heathens."

The boy laughs. "I'm Jameson (17)." He informs them.

Albert looks over at him, smiling softly. "Hey, James." He greets.

Jameson smiles. "Hey, Al." He greets. "I missed you."

Albert nods.

Albert's step mother looks at his eyes, awed. "I haven't ever seen your eyes, Albert." She tells him.

"Oh yeah," Albert rubs his arm. "I probably should've warn contacts." He states quietly.

Spot cups his cheeks, turning his head so he was staring into his eyes. "No, no." He tells him. "Your eyes are beautiful. If I see contacts I will have you take them out."

"And I will help." Race adds, standing next to Spot.

Albert and Spot both look at their youngest boyfriend. "No, you won't." They respond in unison.

Race pouts slightly. "So rude." He mutters.

The other members of the DaSilva family in the room chuckle.

Race looks at Jameson.

He looked a lot like Albert; the same read hair, pale skin, he had green eyes, relatively tall, and definitely muscular.

Another boy walks into the room.

His eyes light up. "Al! I forgot you were coming today!" He exclaims. "It's been so long since I've seen you!"

Albert smiles slightly, pulling away from Spot. "Hey, D." He greets.

Daniel (17) smiles.

Jameson's eyebrows furrow. "Wait- did he just-" he starts.

"Yeah." Albert answers, cutting him off. "These are my boyfriends."

Jameson's eyes light up. "He's like me!" He exclaims, grinning.

Albert and Spot chuckle.

"And I have a girlfriend." Daniel states with a chuckle, his arms crossed.

"Wow..." Spot starts slowly. "I forgot that straight people existed for a while."

The people in the room laugh.

"Tea, anyone?" Autumn asks.

Albert and Spot look to Race.

Race shakes his head politely.

Albert and Spot frown a bit, sharing a look.

Autumn notices. "Race, will you help me make the tea, please?" She asks with a soft smile.

"Uh..." Race starts. "Sure, and please call me Antonio. No adults call me Race." He laughs weakly.

Autumn nods.

Race follows her out of the room.

"Awkward around adults?" Daniel asks Albert.

Albert and Spot nod.

"Don't worry." Daniel tells them with a small smile. "Mom's good with kids like that."

"Tell us about yourself, Al." Jameson tells him. "We haven't seen you since you were six."

"I remember." Albert responds with a chuckle. "Uh, I like poetry, but I'm not great at writing it."

Spot smacks his arm slightly.

"Spot smacks me gently every time I talk bad about myself." Albert adds, looking at his boyfriend.

The older DaSilva brothers laugh.

The four of them sit down.

"I was recently sucked into Race's group of friends, which is a really complicated story." Albert continues. "I'm usually at Spot's house. My favorite subject is Spanish, just because I have a good teacher. My favorite color is green, and my favorite cookie is Race's sugar cookies." He finishes.

Daniel and Jameson share looks.

"Our favorite color is green." Jameson tells Albert with a laugh. "And we both speak Spanish."

Albert laughs.

"We'll have to try Race's cookies." Daniel tells Albert. "See if they live up to their rep." He jokes.

Spot nods. "They are really good. He's a good cook/baker." He informs them.

The older DaSilva boys nod.

"Speaking of which," Spot starts, turning to face Albert. "I'm gonna go check on him. He's never left alone with an adult unless it's Medda or Hannah."

Albert nods. "Probably a good idea." He responds.

Spot gets up, pressing a soft kiss to Albert's forehead, before leaving.

Blush dusts Albert's cheeks as he faces his brothers again.

Albert's siblings turn to face him.

"Give us the details on your boyfriends." Jameson tells him.

Albert laughs. "Spot and I were dating first, when we met Race because he accidentally hit a baseball over the fence and into Spot's yard and was voted to come get it." He informs them. "He ended up letting us join his group and we fell for him, hard." Albert explains. "It was like that for a while, because he was oblivious, until we confronted him. He was so flustered he switched to his native language; Italian."

"Aww." The DaSilva boys say in unison.

Albert chuckles. "Race is the youngest of the three of us, and Spot is the oldest." He continues. "Race is definitely the easiest to tease. He's pretty smart and wants to go to MIT, and Spot has plants that he takes care of to calm himself down." He informs them.

"That's so cute." Daniel tells him.

"How about you two?" Albert asks curiously.

"I'm a single Pringle." Jameson tells Albert, his arms behind his head.

Albert laughs. "Always fun, but I can't imagine not dating my boyfriends anymore." He responds.

"I have a girlfriend, Molly." Daniel tells Albert, his voice a bit quiet. "I'm pretty sure she's just using me though."

Jameson and Albert sit up straight. "What?" They ask in unison.

"It's no big deal." Daniel brushes it off.

"If I could hurt girls, I so would, but only her and for that reason." Jameson states. "That's horrible, I'm sorry, D." He whispers.

Daniel shrugs.

"I can unleash Sniper and Smalls on her." Albert suggests.

The two other boys look up at him, confused.

"Oh, right." Albert facepalms. "Sniper and Smalls, two girls in Race's friend group, both girls and dating." He explains.

"Ooh." Jameson smirks. "Yes."

Albert and Daniel laugh.

"You should come meet them soon." Albert tells them. "I think you'd like them."

Daniel and Jameson nod.

Spot walks back into the room, sitting down next to Albert.

Race comes in a few minutes later, sitting down on the other side of Albert.

Albert looks at him. "You good?" He asks.

Race nods slightly, looking up at him. "I helped make tea, and then she- Miss Autumn- asked me to try some and rate it, so I did, and then she said I could have it if I liked it and I couldn't say no to her because she looked so happy that I liked it." He explains quietly, his cheeks reddening.

The other boys in the room chuckle.

Albert presses a soft kiss to Race's forehead. "That's probably a good thing." He says quietly.

"Mom does that sometimes." Jameson pipes up.

Daniel nods.

Albert chuckles.

"Okay, there's one thing we need to get straight." Daniel starts, leaning towards the three boys across from him.

"Is it me?" Jameson asks, staring up at the ceiling. "Cause I ain't straight and probably never will be."

Daniel rolls his eyes, ignoring his twin brother's comment. "You," he points to Race. "Look like could couldn't hurt a fly,"

Race stares at him in offense.

"But you," Daniel points to Spot. "Probably could, so hurt my brother and we will hurt you." He threatens.

Spot nods. "Not going to hurt either of them." He assures him.

Daniel nods approvingly.

"I'm the one who kills the spiders in this relationship!" Race exclaims, throwing his arms up in the air.

The other boys in the room laugh.

Race pouts, crossing his arms.

Albert chuckles, brushes his curls off of his forehead and placing a soft kiss on his forehead.

Race smiles slightly, leaning against him.

"Oh, and guess what," Daniel starts.

The boys look at him, confused.

"I have a bird." Daniel tells them with a smile. "His name is Feathers."

"Ooh." Race looks up at him. "Can I meet him?" He asks.

Daniel nods, leading him to his room

Albert and Spot share chuckles.

"Did he think he was straight before he met you?" Jameson asks the two of them, gesturing to Race.

Albert and Spot shrug.

"He definitely isn't." Jameson mutters.

"We know." Spot responds. "He is dating us," he points out with a chuckle.

Albert laughs.

Jameson rolls his eyes.

1648 Words
Name credits to the amazing grace_aledia and _fictions_fantasy_ because I'm uncreative, so thank you both.
Amazing mood board (at the top) made by the lovely Addie_your_Queen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 140 18
Jazzer Higgins is Racetrack's long lost twin sister who has just made her way to Manhattan after escaping the girls version of the Refuge. She is gla...
54.8K 636 45
"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔~" "𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚙𝚘𝚝, 𝚗𝚘𝚠" "𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝙲𝚊𝚖 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐" "𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛" My name...
6.3K 108 10
Racetrack was kind of a newsie hybrid, he sold papes in Manhattan and in Brooklyn when he went to Sheepshead. While visiting his beloved racetrack he...
3.8K 133 15
Racetrack Higgins is many things: a newsie, a gambler, witty, and smart. And he also wasn't born a boy. He can count the number of people who know th...