Cyrus & Seraphina

By bxdiekicks

A troubled King. A hard working dental hygienist. Never knew each other, never met each other. But now..th... More

Countdown
A Wife For The King
Blessing
Will You Marry Me?
Media Craze
First Day
Happy Valentines Day
Happy Valentines Day 2
Vipera
Cyrus' Birthday
Runway
Wedding Deets
No Positive Zone
It's Time
I Now Pronounce You...
Media Craze: Wedding Edition
Where Are We?
Mama's Home
Oh Christmas Tree
Rumpitur
Rumpitur 2
Memory Lane
Reconciliation
The Diary of King Revron
Christmas Day Dinner
Christmas Day Dinner- Part 2
Media Craze: Baby Edition
Another One Bites The Dust
Another One Bites The Dust 2
AOBTD- Confession
AOBTD- It's a..
AOBTD- Get On Up
AOBTD- Get On Up Part 2
It's The Little Things
Welcome To This World
Ultimo- Father's Day
Epilogue

Mothers' Day

1 0 0
By bxdiekicks

One month later...

It's Mother's Day!

Sera wants to have dinner with Ryelle and Vera today. WITH Cyrus.

Let's see how that goes.

Sera was in her office with Kayla.

"Okay, Kayla. I hope there's nothing on my schedule."

Kayla shook her head. "Nope. Like I said before, we try not to give you too much because you're still a dental hygienist and also because we want you to enjoy this little publicity for now."

Sera nodded. "Excellent. So what are you doing today?"

"Oh, my mom is coming over. Well she's been over for like a week now. So I'm making her dinner."

Sera smiled. "How nice. Just your mom?"

"Yeah. My dad died in a car crash a few years ago."

Sera's mouth dropped. "Oh. I-. Damn. I'm so sorry, Kayla."

Kayla laughed. "Your face! Anyways, it's okay. Me and my mom are doing our best to get over it. I just do that to people to see their reaction."

Sera shook her head. "You sure got mine."

"How about you?"

"I want to have dinner with Ryelle...and my aunt."

"Oh okay. That's not bad. You said they're best friends."

"And they are. But..I want Cyrus to be there as well."

Kayla opened her eyes wide. "Oh..Are you sure?"

"Yes? No? Originally, my aunt wasn't even supposed to come but I don't want her to feel like I'm shrugging her off by just giving her presents and not inviting her."

"Yeah but you said your aunt can't stand Cyrus."

"Well that was before. I'm hoping she can..change."

Kayla shrugged. "We can only hope."

Sera sighed. "I want her to really see that Cyrus is a good guy. That's really important for me."

Kayla whistled. "Some intense puppy love."

Sera made a face. "You want to talk about me? How about you and Aidan?"

"Oh! That."

"Yes that."

"Me and him are just friends."

"Oh really?"

Kayla nodded. "Yes. We really want to get to know each other first before we get into it."

Sera smiled. "That's good. You know..if it lasts which I know it will..you'll be a Princess."

Kayla chuckled. "Maybe. We don't know what the future holds."

Sera nodded. "Now that's very correct."

*****

There was a knock on the door to Cyrus' office.

"Come in." Cyrus said

Sera went in and saw Ryelle.

"Hi! Happy Mother's Day!"

Ryelle smiled. "Thank you and thank you so much for the gifts!"

"You're welcome!"

Sera sat next to her.

"Cyrus, your fiancée is really spoiling me."

Cyrus didn't look up from his laptop. "Is she?"

"Yup."

Sera smiled. "Only doing what a future daughter-in-law should do."

"Exactly! This is why you're my girl! How are you, anyways? You look good!"

"So do you! Where have you been?"

"Living, dear. Sometimes I need to escape."

Sera smiled. "I feel that. Anyways, I hope I wasn't interrupting anything."

Cyrus and Ryelle shook their heads.

"Great. So, Cyrus..I was wondering if you would join me for a dinner I was planning for tonight."

"Of course I'll be there it's for my mom."

Ryelle sighed. "It's not just for me, sweetheart."

"Huh?"

"My aunt is going to be there." Sera said

"Nope, count me out."

"Why?" asked Sera

"Cause she hates me."

"How do you know that?"

"No means no."

Sera sighed. "Why?"

"I already have high blood pressure and I'm just not willing to make it worse. I've already had lunch with my mom today so the dinner can be all yours. And to be honest, I don't want to stress your aunt out either. Obviously her seeing me gets her so mad. I really want her to be happy on her day."

Sera wanted to say something again but she thought it was best to let Cyrus sit this one out.

"Alright." Sera said

"Thank you."

Ryelle smiled. "That's nice of you, son and I'm glad you guys agreed. Makes my Mother's Day much better."

Sera nodded. "Yup. I'll let him go this time."

Cyrus rolled his eyes.

"See? Already acting like a couple. I did my job right."

Neither of them said anything.

"Oh? Did I embarrass you guys. Sorry."

Ryelle sighed in awe. "Today has been an interesting day. Mother's Day always has me thinking a lot."

"Oh yeah?" said Sera

Ryelle nodded. "Yeah. When you become a mother you'll see what I mean."

Sera nodded.

Later on..

Sera headed to the dinner. They were on a different dining table in another section of the castle. This one was lit up with candles.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late." Sera said as she came in

"Not a problem!" Vera said

Heaven was there with her boyfriend, Darren and of course, Vera and Dan were there with Ryelle.
Sera sat down next to Heaven.

"Where's your fiancé?" asked Darren

"You mean her fake one?" asked Vera

"Mom." Heaven warned

Vera snickered very rudely. "What? It's true."

They all looked at her like she was crazy.

Sera shook her head. "Aunty, this isn't funny. This dinner is for you and Ryelle. Please just show some respect."

"Excuse me?"

"She's right, Vera." Ryelle said. " I'm trying to treat you as a sister but... you're before Her Majesty, The Queen Mother. Act mature."

Vera put her hands up. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry, Your Majesty."

Vera took a bite of her korean short ribs.
"Where is he anyways?"

"He's busy." Sera said

"Busy?" Vera asked

"Busy." Sera said. "He's a King, you know?"

"Look, I may not agree with everything your Aunt has been saying but that's not a man whatsoever." Daniel said

Vera smirked. "See?"

Ryelle shot Daniel a look. " What are you trying to say, Daniel?"

"No offense, Your Majesty, but why isn't he here to face his problems."

"You don't know what he goes through." Sera said

"Honey, look, we're going to be at your wedding to show our respect and support for you AND him. But baby, it's interesting to me that he can't even face his problems and show us he's a man. Instead he let's you come down yourself." Vera said

Sera shook her head. "This is ridiculous."

"Mom and Dad. Really?" Heaven said

They looked at her.

"What? We can't say our opinions now?" Dan said

"Right?" Vera said. "So sensitive these days."

Heaven rolled her eyes.
"Wow."

"If you guys think I'm going to let you continue to insult my son, it won't happen!" Ryelle shouted

"Queen Mother, please. Let's just enjoy this dinner." Heaven said. "You too, mom. You're being harsh."

"How, Heaven?! This man probably beating her-"

"No!" Sera said. "I have said this to you over and over again. Cyrus is not like that. He's actually very gentle. Do you see any bruises on my body?! Trust me if he was beating me, I would've left or handled it. But that's not happening. He is not like that because he was raised to know to not ever put his hands on a woman. Heaven and Darren, you met him. Is he like that?"

They shook their heads.

"See?" Sera said

"He's very private but he's cool to talk to." Heaven said. "He's actually very nice."

"He's very cool." Darren said

Sera smiled. "Exactly."

"King Cyrus allows you to have visitors?" asked Dan

"Why wouldn't he? He's not a control freak. He let's me do whatever I need to do."

"Speak it up, Sera." Ryelle said

"Look, Sera. I get you're doing your best to defend him but he needs to be here to face all these problems. He can't keep hiding." Vera said

Sera dropped her fork. "Aunty, I know you're saying this because you think you're helping me but you're not."

"I'm only doing what a mother should. I don't trust King Cyrus."

"I don't care!" she shouted

They all looked at her.

Vera gave her a look. "Don't raise your voice at me! I raised you ever since you were ten! I deserve some respect!"

"And I've given it to you! I've always given it to you. I've always seen you guys as my parents, nothing less. But the constant disrespect you show me or Cyrus, or even the Queen Mother is wrong. That's her son, for goodness sakes! Him and Aidan are the only things she has left."

"And who's fault is that?" asked Vera. "Isn't it hi-"

"No it's not! I mean give him a break! If someone was talking about you or intensifying rumors about you, would you want to sit on the same table with them? Especially, when you know they're part of the reason why you're depressed and alone? Why your mental issues are sky rocketing? Would you?!"

Vera didn't say anything.

Sera shrugged. "I guess not. You seeing him would've made you so upset and you know it. You say you want him down here to face his problems but you really don't. You just want to look for another reason to hate him. Even after I've told you he's not like that. But guess what? He wanted YOU, Aunty, to enjoy this dinner because it's YOUR day. He didn't want to come here and stress YOU out. He felt that HE stresses YOU out. So if you want to know why he's not here. That's why. He wanted you to be happy. After everything you said about him, he still wants YOU to be happy because he cares about the family he's going to be married into. The last time I checked, evil people don't do that. So please stop and realize that I'm grown and I can handle my relationship."

Sera picked up her fork and went back to eating her white cheddar mac and cheese.

Ryelle smiled. "Amen."

Vera looked down at her food and Dan acted like that didn't happen.

"She ate that." Heaven whispered to Darren

"She sure did." Darren whispered back.

Later on...

"It was amazing, Cyrus! For some reason she does not tolerate ANY type of insults directed towards you. Look, I know this is her personality but this time..it was different."

Cyrus nodded. "Wow."

"Wow, indeed."

"She shouldn't have gone through all that trouble."

Ryelle made a face. "Really, Cyrus? Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with you. Why are you so afraid to accept love?"

"I'm not."

Ryelle sighed. "I'm not having this conversation again. "

She stood up.

"Happy Mother's Day, mama."

Ryelle looked at him up and down. "Mhm."

And with that Ryelle opened a portal of fire from the fireplace and walked through.

Cyrus leaned back in his chair and sighed. "How do I move on when they can't ?"

He looked around and then opened the drawers. "Where's my weed? Where the hell is my-"

Cyrus began to get frustrated.
"Hot Lava! I'm out."

He took the phone and dialed a number.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 1K 44
I stand there glaring at my husband. My Prince. His brown irises swirl, deeply glaring back at my own. "I suggest you listen to me, my princess. I s...
1.7K 113 27
„Harper? „Harper?" „Harper?" ☼♚☼♚☼♚
Rivals By SmilerXO

Historical Fiction

46.2K 2.5K 15
[COMPLETED] Across all nations, only one kingdom stood greater and stronger than the others. The kingdom of Adaresa. The king of Adaresa, King Marlan...
27.1K 996 43
✨It's complicated✨ ....read to know what's gon happen Follow me for updates