ONLY US (ongoing)

By i_dont_even_know_heh

*THIS IS A WEREWOLF STORY* Mabel Wren Romevollo is the four year old daughter of the kindest alpha to walk th... More

Prolouge.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
CAST
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 5

14.3K 276 34
By i_dont_even_know_heh

I love this song so much like Mabel and Adonis are totally each others yellow

Enjoy and sorry if it's not consistent, I want to write the story then edit it so I just wanna get it out there.

•••

It was Mabels twelfth birthday.

She was still at the orphanage, she had never been adopted. Some of the human kids taunted her, saying it was because she was ugly and unlikable. She was inclined to believe them because they don't feel the need to please her as their 'Luna' like the pack kids. The pack kids would do much to please the Luna, the human kids however would much sooner walk through fire than try and be nice to her, much to Adonis' frustration.

He just couldn't comprehend how someone could be mean or unkind to his Mabel. Even her name sounded innocent.

He was thirteen now and his father has been an on again off again Alpha. In many cases Adonis is more suitable for the role than his father, even at the age of thirteen.

Adonis often trains (in human form of course) with pack warriors and attends every pack event. He has a close relationship with the adults and children alike and his pack is one of his biggest priorities- other than Mabel.

Even though he was being pressured by everyone, excluding Mabel, Bash and Liam, Adonis still made sure Mabel was comfortable and taken care of and happy.

But today was her birthday, and he had yet to tell her he was being sent away for a year and a half.

He had been summoned by the council, they have suspected him a Lycan ever since he was a child and they want him to become an Alpha early, due to his fathers absence, so he is being sent to an Alpha training camp where he will have little to no contact with the outside world. The council are aware of him and Mabel finding each other so they have allowed letters to be passed between the two.

The Alpha training camp he is being sent to will have alpha males and alpha females who are eighteen and preparing to become Alphas for their packs- Adonis will be entering at the age of thirteen.

But he wasn't worried about that, He was worried about Mabel. The only friends she has are Liam and Bash and she can be sensitive when she is away from him. What if she gets hurt, or goes missing and no one can find her? Or what if she finds another person and realises she doesn't like Adonis and would much rather the person over him?

Adonis shook his head to clear his head and grabbed Mabels present from the side of his bed and began walking to the orphanage.

He had to be happy today, for Mabel.

Him and Bash had talked about what they should do and they decided together that Adonis would take her somewhere and then go to the pack house where there will be a surprise party and then Mabel would stay in Adonis' house, where he will tell her the news the next day.

Sebastian knew that Adonis was going away because Liam had went and blabbed to her. Liam and Sebastian were like brother and sister, just like Liam and Mabel, so when they were left alone by Mabel and Adonis about a week ago, Liam ran his mouth and told her.

Bash had cried into his arms when he came back, he was like an older brother and she wasn't gonna see him for a year and a half.
She was crying for about twenty minutes before Mabel could calm her down and when Mabel
asked her what was wrong, she refused to say.

Thank the goddess too, if Mabel had heard he was leaving she would have fainted.

They had been inseparable for almost ten years and she didn't plan on it changing anytime soon.

she still had frequent nightmares and stutters a lot too, and the doctors put it down to ptsd from the attack on her pack and they had asked her to go to a speech therapist, but she refused, she was deathly afraid of therapists and doctors alike. Adonis had to drag her to the doctors to find out what was wrong with her the first time and he wasn't planning on doing it again.

Adonis did have to admit that the stutter never annoyed him and it was going away slowly so he didn't push her decision on going to the therapist.

Adonis arrived at the orphanage, a present sitting in his arms as he knocked on the door of the colourful building.

A boy opened the door, making Adonis almost snarl.

The boys name was Joseph and he had always had an unnatural love for Mabel.

"Oh, hello Adonis! Mabel is in her room, let me go get her for you!" He said sweetly, letting Adonis in.

"Leave it. I can go to her." Adonis said, glaring at Joseph with a burning hate in his eyes.

"Actually..uh...Alice insisted that you aren't allowed in her room unsupervised again, something about uh 'security reasons'", Joseph replies, nervously.

"I can do what I want", he says, glaring at the smaller boy and pushing past him.

"D-Don't be r-r-ru-rude to j-Josie. It's me-mean!" Mabels voice rings through the room making Adonis look up.

Mabel is standing at the hallway door with her arms crossed and a glare on her pretty face.

She had always hated when he was rude to Joseph, don't get her wrong, she knows Adonis can be real rude and mean to most people who he isn't close to but Joseph had been nothing but kind.

"Oh hey baby, I have your present!" Adonis says, hoping to change the conversation as he began walking towards her.

She held her hand up, abruptly stopping him in his tracks.

"N-no tha-thank you. I d-do not acce-accept your gi-gift." She said before going up to Joseph.

"I-I'm sorry J-Josie for the ru-rudeness of A-Adonis" she say softly putting her small hand on his shoulder.

Adonis felt a rise of anger- how was it his fault that the kid was totally obsessed with his mate and literally drools when she's near him.
Now here she is, completely ignoring him and going to Joseph. This is what's going to happen when he's gone- she will realise Joseph is a much better choice than him and she'll leave him all alone.

"It's alright Mae, I must get to my homework now, I will see you later" Joseph says, patting her hand with a gleam in his eye and skipping away.

"What was that about?" Adonis says, annoyed.

"I-I don-don't appreciate y-you b-b-being rude to my friend! I-I'm n-n-not rude to Liam!" She says, calmly, her voice spiking at the end of sentences.

"You like Liam! Why can't you just be friends with Bash! She doesn't do you any harm and she doesn't look at you like your a fresh cookie waiting to be eaten!"

"W-what? A-adon-Adonis! He doesn't l-l-look at m-me like that! H-he l-looks at you l-like that" She says, getting angry.

Adonis freezes.

"He fancies me?" He asks, confused.

Mabel scoffs.

"He c-can join the c-c-club" she says, "I heard there was a free position anyway".

Adonis' heart starts racing.

"Like the position of friends?"

She shakes her head.

"Best friends?"

She shakes her head.

"..mates?" He questions softly, almost whining.

She stares at him, obviously still peeved.

"C'mon Mabel! I'm sorry okay? I thought Joseph fancied you and I got a bit protective-"

"I-it's not ju-just Joseph! You do i-it to everyone who i-isn't me, Seba, or Lee!, it's a problem and h-habit I d-d-don't want you s-sticking too."

"Okay. Now can you please open your present?" Adonis says, lifting the present to show her with a grin on his face.

Mabel couldn't help but laugh at the cute sight.

"A-a-alright. I guess so. Ca-can I have i-it please?" She says, a soft smile on a face as she lifts her hands to grab it.

Adonis nods and hands it wordlessly to her.

She clutches it and shakes it, holding it up to her ear.

"Open iiiiit" Adonis whines, getting impatient.

She opens it slowly and gasps.

"Oh m-my Helga! How m-much did t-t-th-this cost?!" Mabel says, holding her present in her delicate hands.

"Helga?" Adonis says, laughing.

"H-hey! I am a p-proud Hufflepuff!"

"Hufflepuffs are cute"

"Ravenclaws a-are cute"

"Wha- I'm a gryffindor!"

"Y-yeah b-but Joseph is-isn't" Mabel says winking.

Adonis glares at her.

"I'm o-only joking!" Mabel says giggling.

"Mhmmmm" Adonis says sassily.

"Ya k-know, you're a-a-acting l-like a real G-gryffindor right now" Mabel says patting his cheek.

"Yeah, well, I'm a gryffindor and proud"

"Y-you're a gryffindor a-and didn't a-answer m-my question!" She says triumphantly.

Adonis smirks.

"Confidential"

"I- where did y-you get I-it?"

"Confidential"

"When d-did you g-get it?"

"Confidential"

"Huh. H-how did y-you get it?"

"Now that. That is confidential" Adonis says, smirking.

"Adonisssss", she whines

"Mabellllll", he whines back.

"Thank you" she smiles, wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her head into his chest.

"Well I was walking down the street one day and thought 'hey! Why not get my lovely mate a lovely gift to make her happy, now wouldn't that be just lovely?" He says, playing with her hair as she smiles up at him.

"L-lovely" she says, lifting her head up and kissing his cheek.

"Can yo-you put I-I-it on me pl-please?" She asks, lifting her hand and handing him the gift.

"No problemo" he says, taking it and turning her around.

She lifts her hair and he places it around her neck.

She turns around with a grin, her smile shining as much as the beautiful ring necklace around her neck.

Dang it. He was gonna miss her.

————————

This is the necklace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

955K 24.4K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
1.7M 67.6K 37
Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy. His attacker is right in his home and h...
838 18 4
Giorgio Vincenzo Lazzaro He's the Alpha of Luna d'argento pack. He's 24 and he's completely given up on the ideas of mates because an Alpha usually m...
121K 3.4K 52
Disrespect her and your dead. Try and push her down and she will knock you down with twice as much force. Bailey Lowell is the daughter of two of t...