Closer Heartbeat || Anime Sto...

By lizuona

Owing to an accidental touch, the dissocial and introverted girl Sue Yue begins to feel different about her p... More

Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 012.5
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 016.5

Chapter 007.5

100 36 2
By lizuona

A little bit of Yue's and Shu's childhood.

"Yue, Yue"
"Yue, Yue" my mother called

I ignored her and continued to play games.

"SueYue!" She called again.
"What is the matter?!" I said irritated. 

"Stop playing games, come down and worship the moon godess"

"Okay~"

My name is Sue Yue and I'm a normal middle school student living in a small town.

Here once mid-autum festival comes, every family will have offerings for the moon goddess. 

"Yue light the intense sticks in the pot" mom said.
"Okay"
The smell of intense have always clamed me. And my favorite is the sandal ones. The smell of intense soon filled the air calming my soul. It was peaceful

I took my paint brushes, art supplies and put them on the platform.  Along with the fruits and lotus that were offered to the moon goddess.

As long as you add new offerings, onto the platform, you can pray to the moon goddess.

"Moon goddess, I hope that my art can improve a lot..." I joined my hands and prayed.

"Are you done?" Mom asked.
"Yeah"

"Here give these fruits and cakes to Zeng Shu" she said handing me a bag.

"Eh, so much work" I complained.

"He's alone at home today, his grandpa and grandma moved away"
"You guys are good friends you have to care for him" And there it goes her nagging starts if I don't leave she will continue to nag at me.

"Sigh- I will go deliver it, I'm leaving"

While on my walk to Shu's apartment I looked at the moon it was so beautiful. I like nighttime more than daytime. At night when it's dark the stars starts to shine, accompanied by the moon lighting the dark night.

Night sky is really pretty.

Enjoying the view I reached Shu's apartment.

Zeng Shu and I met in primary school due to an incident.

At the same time he is my only friend.

I rang his door bell
"Ding, dong" it went.

Shu opened the door.
"Yue?" He asked.
"How come you are here?"

"Happy mid-autum festival, here, my mom told me to give this to you" Handing him the bag I said.

"Sine I deliverd the item, I'm going to leave now, bye bye" saying this while I was leaving when he held my hand.

"Hey!" "Wait" he said stopping me midway.

"What now? Tell me fast I don't have all day"

"Eh... um, I..." he shuttered.

"Say it fast"
"Oh yeah! I have something to give you!" "Come inside"

Confused I followed him inside. It was all dark.

"You can sit in the living room"

"Its so dark, why didn't you turn the lights on?"

"I'm the only one here, it would be a waste to turn it on".

He was rummaging through his fridge, searching something. 

"Ah! Found it!"

"Here for you"

"Rabbit... mooncake?"

"My grandma sent it here, she made it herself " "It tastes really good" he said smiling.

Well I don't eat sweets but he have it to me, so what's wrong in trying it? It is cute also. The mooncake was made like a rabbit's face.

"There is a lot of food, pudding and cake, what do you like to eat?"

"I don't like sweet food"

"There's also a game from last time, I practiced well" "stay here to play"

"Even if you practice you are gonna lose" "And when you are begging me so much I have to stay right" I said mockingly.
"Who is here begging you to stay?! "
"You are"
"Shut up!"

" let's go to the rooftop we will play and eat snacks there"
"Okay"
He handed me the snacks
We went to the rooftop.

We sat down the night sky was beautiful. He started playing games while I just started at the sky. The scene was really pretty away from all the noise sitting there in silence. It felt so good.

"EH? HOW COME I LOST AGAIN!!" Shu shouted.
"What the hell? you startled me!" "I told you it was of no use you will always lose, I told you that, idiot"

"Don't call me idiot I am a genius "
"Then win this game then I will accept that you're a genius "
"Just you wait"
"Okay"

He lost twenty times more after that. 
"Well, this is the twentieth loss" I said
"Do you still want me to accept that you are a genius? " "You kept on losing"

"Well I will win, all this losses were just me warming up, if I show you my true potential you will be amazed"
"Ah just shut up, and give it to me I will show what a real game looks like"
Then I snatched it away from him and started to play. After sometime. I won fifty times.
"Ha ha ha learn something from me you peasant!" I laughed.

He look at me shocked and snatched it back . " I will not lose to you!" He said with tears forming is his eyes.
What is there to cry here. He is being way to emotional for such a small thing. Whatever.

Should I eat some of the pudding? Let's see how it tastes. I took some pudding and started eating it. It was way to sweet for me. Why does Shu always eat sweet stuff. We are the complete opposites I like spicy stuff while he likes sweet stuff and can't tolerate spicy things.

Ah~I want to eat something spicy now.

"Why didn't you move with your grandparents?" I asked him.

"I feel like I'm more free alone"
He is obliviously afraid to be alone, what is he acting strong for? Whatever it's not my problem.

"You can come to my house sometimes. My family welcomes you a lot. I feel like sometimes they think you as there own son only".

He suddenly went silent after hearing my words and looked at the floor for some time not making any eye contact.

"Yue thank you for staying with me tonight "

"Why are you thanking me? I only wanted to eat the mooncake your grandma made"

"You don't like sweet food" he said grinning at me.

Idiot

With a friend like you

I will never feel lonely

"So you did know and still gave me all these sweet food!"

"I didn't force you to eat them"
"ha ha ha"

Hi ! Did you love this chapter? I hope you did ! Show your support for the author by simply clicking the little VOTE button to the left of your screen! And please comment I would love to see all of your comments. And one more thing, please forgive me if there are any grammatical or punctuation mistakes ~.

Have a wonderful day !

☆☆☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 962 39
Indi, an aspiring artist and the daughter of one of the best baseball players of all time, is in her junior year of high school. She's always stresse...
404 54 34
[currently being edited] For reasons unknown to anyone but herself, Sarah does little to make herself likeable. As long as she has those she cares f...
141K 5.2K 46
There are normal people and then there is Jade Tate. The girl who is everything, she has brains, beauty, and talent. The issue? I am in love with her...
16 0 14
Stories about other M.U High characters.