Haikyuu x Reader Angst Onesho...

By ForeverSleepless33

There will never be enough angst stories to read, but I hope those who read my stories will be satisfied for... More

Backstage
Rooftop Atmosphere
Announcement
Breakups
Insomnia
Crosswalk
Announcement
Tears and Memories
Sharp Blades and Pain
Announcement
Life Unheard
Since You Guys Really Need Help and Cuddles 500 Reads Special
1000 Reader Zodiac Meme Special
Life Unheard Part 2
Broken Dreams Lead to Harsh Realities
When You Lose Someone
When Does the Search End?
Into the Woods
Burden
Even Small Mistakes Can Lead to Catastrophes
End of a Chapter
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...

Fight, Flight, or Freeze

1.3K 12 2
By ForeverSleepless33

Kuroo x reader

(Y/N POV)

I rested my hand upon my cheek, sighing as my attention pulled itself to the cityscape. My eyes wandered to different buildings, none reaching the height of my office. It was a partially cloudy day, the rain only halting no less than two hours ago. The pavement below was still soaked and heavily populated with puddles. Still, I could see the birds soaring as if the freezing temperatures and drenched surrounding did not have any significance.

"Earth to Y/N." My thoughts had been interrupted by the annoying man my age who sat across from me.

"What do you want, rooster head." I glared at him, aggravated enough to hold that glare for at least ten minutes. Whenever I were to be daydreaming, I highly despised it when people tried to gain my attention. Especially the annoying Kuroo Tetsuro. His entire existence was nothing more than a hindrance.

"Someone's salty today. Anyways, back to what I was saying, we have to meet a client two floors down tomorrow. She happens to be our top client so we have to be on our best behavior otherwise our boss will have our heads." I nodded, finally giving him my full attention. I noticed someone behind him, signaling for me to not hint at his presence.

"Hey Kuroo?" I asked. "Do you want to eat out after work?"

"Wait, actually?" He grinned surprised, but still excited as always. Before he could get out another word, one of my other coworkers shoved pie into his face and backed away.

"Nice going, Lev!" I said with an evil smirk. Kuroo grabbed the handkerchief he had in his pocket and tried to clean his face.

"Dammit, Lev! I was just getting a date from Y/N when you slammed pie in my face. I know where you live!" Kuroo exclaimed.

"I know where you live too." Lev shot back, his shit eating smirk never leaving his face.

"Yo Kuroo, since we both know where your apartment complex is located, can we post the address online? I was thinking we could put House Party Here. All Criminals and Sociopaths are Welcome. No fees or charges. Everything Inside is Free. How does that sound, Lev?" I smiled at him.

"We should also put a sign up claiming his apartment is free." Lev replied, leaving Kuroo to sulk in the corner.

"Awe, Kuroo, you poor baby." I batted my eyes innocently. "I'm so sorry you have to deal with two badass biotches." Lev laughed, ruffling my hair.

"That's right, Kuroo. You're dealing with the baddest biotches in the office." Lev chimed in.

"You both are cruel, but that doesn't matter." We both looked at him in confusion.

"Are you questioning us being badass biotches?" I looked at Lev and we both shared a mutual nod.

"Now, now, we can't have that." Lev shook his head.

"You're right. You know, I have a question." I looked at Kuroo with a smirk.

"Which is?" He questioned.

"Are you Ophelia?" He looked confused.

"From Hamlet, right?"

"Because I want to drown you in a creek." Lev handed me sunglasses and gave me a high five.

"BUUUURN!" Lev exclaimed.

"You're mean, but you still asked me on a date." He smirked.

"Oh yeah. Hehehe. I kinda forgot." I sighed, scratching my head.

"I'm thinking about this weekend." Kuroo said.

"I'm right here, you know. Don't forget about a fellow badass biotch." Lev complained.

"My bad." I said, patting his head. I turned my attention to the clock on the wall above the door.

"Well would you look at that, it's time for us to go home. Time sure does fly by face, correct?" We all gathered our things and left the building for the night.

.

.

.

I reached my complex, making a mental note of what I needed to complete within the next twenty-four hours. Despite the slight goofing around, working at the company could be plenty more than exhausting to say the least. The numerous papers I approved along with my own packet of pages I typed were enough to make me desire to sleep for a solid week. Unfortunately, my apartment hadn't been cleaned very much this past month so I decided to stay up another couple of hours to get things in order. My desk was the first to be organized. I placed everything in their respectable areas and started to sanitize. From my phone which laid charging on my bedside table, my Spotify app blasted depressing songs such as Sara by We Three and This Isn't the End by Owl City. Despite the fact that I cry easily with depressing topics, stories, and movies, I listened to songs like these quite often.

"And then with a gunshot he left them behind." The lyrics left my lips as I wiped a paper towel over my nightstand.

"He abandoned his daughter and never returned," I sang as I carried a garbage bag out to the dumpster. Before I descended back to my apartment, my head turned to my right. Staring back into my eyes was wide brown ones. I took a second to scan him before racing behind my door and locking it. His dusty blonde hair ended in red. Maroon splatters newly painted themselves around his face. In one hand was a scarlet colored spear point knife. In the other was the strawberry blonde hair that attached itself to the bloodied corpse he had been dragging. The odor was enough to send bile up my throat and onto the wood flooring.

Gaining my senses back, I quickly grasped one of my dining room chairs and placed it underneath the door handle. At the very least, I would have time to hide and call the police. Then again, the police station was at least ten minutes away. I hurried myself into my room, pulling out one of the draws on the side of my bed. I hurried underneath before putting it back into place. I quickly dialed the police and informed them of the situation. While in the middle of my sentence, the sound of kicking against the front door began to echo throughout my home. I then dialed Kuroo's number. He lived down the block and could make it in no less than three minutes if he were still awake. It rang three times before Kuroo picked up.

"Kuroo, thank god you answered." I whispered closely to my phone.

"Is something the matter?" He asked, obviously confused by what was taking place.

"There's someone in here and he has a knife. He was dragging my neighbors body and he's now-" I cut myself off hearing the door smash open.

"He's inside." My call ended. I couldn't keep my phone on so I powered it off. I couldn't risk the man hearing it. I placed my hand over my mouth to try to quiet my breathing.

"Come out little bitch. If you come out now I can kill you almost painlessly." His voice was giddy, with a scratchy tone to it. It was as if he had a cold of some sort. Still, the way he said those words sounded like lies. Odds were, he was going to kill me slowly. Torture me in ways I could never forget whether I lived or died. My heart rate quickened. I quietly shook my head, trying to get those thoughts out of my head. I could hear my furniture being smashed in the distance. Tears began to trickle down my cheeks. My form began to shake out of fear as my thoughts grew more and more gruesome. I was more than scared. Even if I were to survive this ordeal, I'd be haunted for months, years, decades, and maybe even more to come. I just wanted to go to work as usual, see my coworkers, go on that date with Kuroo. I wanted to be anywhere but in that situation. The draw in front of me was yanked out from its place and revealed me to whoever pulled it out. I begged, hoped, and prayed it was Kuroo. My luck, however, chose otherwise. With a fist full of my hair, I was dragged out and thrown to the floor. Looking at who it was, the same brown eyes met mine. I couldn't run anywhere. I was trapped in the far corner of my room. I couldn't fight, hell, I couldn't even move. I let out a high pitched scream, terrified of what would happen to me. As if it were in slow motion, the man's arm moved down, his other holding mine tightly. He began to write something. The pressure of the blade to my arm was agonizing. I couldn't help but to keep screaming and struggling as he tried to write more. Blood poured down my arm and began to stain the light grey carpeting underneath. His arm moved down again, signaling he was going to continue, but something wrapped around his neck. He immediately dropped the spear point knife, causing it to hit the floor and land next to my ankle. I forced my eyes to look up. Before me was Kuroo, strangling the man who attempted to end my existence after engraving something in my right arm. Most likely a signature of some sort. I pulled my arm close to my chest, seeing the man finally pass out. Kuroo held his position for another thirty seconds before letting go just to make sure he wasn't faking. He grabbed the rope I had lying around for crafts and tied it around his wrists.

"Y/N!" he rushed to me in a speedy manner. He grabbed one of my shirts I had on my bed and wrapped it around my arm. "Tell me what I can do to help. Let's get you outside. He walked me to the outside of the building just as the police arrived. They quickly grabbed the man and drove him away and questioned the two of us for a solid five minutes before leaving. One of the ambulances drove the kind woman next door's body away while the other one examined Kuroo and I. After wrapping my arm and giving me some pain medication, they drove away. The police would call me into questioning after I recovered a bit. Kuroo walked me to his apartment. We both sat on his bed as soon as we made it inside. Kuroo rubbed my back as I released my fear and exhaustion into his chest. After a while, my eyes began to close until I finally drifted off into a deep slumber.

Author's Note: That was a lot of fun for me to write. You all can suggest who you want to see next in the comments. Until next time.

Word count: 1785

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 125 27
2 men who refuse to accept themselves and there past can not properly cope and move on. when Niragi and Chishiya- who both absolutely loathe eachothe...
642K 23.9K 38
ʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ's ʜᴇ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴜᴘᴘʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ. ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ғᴀᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ. ʜᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇ. ~~~~~~ I DON'T OWN ANY IMAGES USED. I DON'T OWN HAIKYUU OR...
69.9K 1.8K 24
A story in which y/n and kenma are put in the same hospital room and fall in love. ANGST, CONTAINS DEATH! Also this is my first actual story so plea...
88.2K 3.8K 35
Running into eachother. Watching their smile grow for eachother. Falling in love. It was never to be expected. Y/n l/n is a first year at Tokyo Unive...