Project X ✔ [O L D V E R S I...

By _salacious

Book 1 of 3 [ C O M P L E T E D ] Most people dream of the stars and the things that come from them. They e... More

Author's Note
|preview|
+ intro +
+ chapter one +
+ chapter two +
+ chapter three +
+ chapter four +
+ chapter six +
+ chapter seven +
+ chapter eight +
+ chapter nine +
+ chapter ten +
+ chapter eleven +
+ chapter twelve +
+ chapter thirteen +
+ chapter fourteen +
+ chapter fifteen +
+ chapter sixteen +
+ chapter seventeen +
+ chapter eighteen +
+ chapter nineteen +
+ chapter twenty +
+ chapter twenty-one +
+ chapter twenty-two +
+ chapter twenty-three +
+ chapter twenty-four +
+ chapter twenty-five +
+ chapter twenty-six +
+ chapter twenty-seven +
+ chapter twenty-eight +
+ chapter twenty-nine +
Question
Rewrite

+ chapter five +

123K 6.3K 2.5K
By _salacious

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

Alexa widened her eyes, fear taking over as Xander tightened his hold around her arm and yanked her away from his room. Her throat felt dry and her eyes were damp. She couldn't speak to tell him that he was hurting her and he seemed too angry to care.

His eyes were pitch-black, resembling the demons she saw on Supernatural. The only difference was that it was actually happening; it was her life, not the Winchester brothers'.

She stumbled over the carpet, almost falling on her face, but Xander's hold on her prevented her from doing so. Instead, he yanked her to stand and angrily pressed some buttons on his watch. She tried to look to see what he was doing, but in a blinding flash, they were gone.

A sick, acidic feeling began to crawl up her throat, flipping her stomach over until she thought she'd die on the spot. Her head was spinning and her hands were clammy. She blinked multiple times, trying to adjust herself and squealed once Xander released his hold on her.

"General," He growled, still managing to raise goose bumps on her arms. They were standing in the General's office and he was staring at them with surprised eyes.

"Xander? What is wrong?"

"Take her back," he spat, glaring at Alexa with so much hatred it burned through her soul.

He stood up, frowning and said, "What?"

Xander curled his lip over his teeth, adding an animalistic look to his features. "Take the human back; I do not want her in my presence anymore. It was a mistake; mating with them is not going to get us anywhere."

General Jenks deepened his frowned, completely confused. Xander was one of the first to recommend mating with the humans; why would he want to back down then? "Xander, try to calm down first."

"I cannot," he spat, his anger making the room feel smaller, "this Earthling is impossible! I have tried every possible thing. I have bought her what she likes, given her space, treated her like if she were one of our own and she repays me with childlike tantrums! She is not worthy of carrying my lineage; I refuse to mate with her."

"Xander," he softened his voice, knowing that what the girl must've done had to be serious. His second in command never angered easily. "Let us talk first. What did she do?"

Alexa gulped, playing with her fingers nervously and lowered her eyes in shame. She wanted to cry. She wanted to get to her knees and beg for forgiveness because she was an idiot. But all of that diffused when she thought of why she had been acting like a child in the first place.

She wanted to go back to her home; to her life.

Xander breathed in deeply, his eyes turning into watered pools of black as he thought of the irreplaceable picture of Corah. "She is insufferable. She wants to go back home; to her fiancé."

General Jenks frowned, quickly searching Alexa in the database and raised his eyebrows at the blue screen. "Fiancé? It says here she is single."

"It was a mistake," Alexa croaked, looking away from Xander's deathly stare.

"We do not work by mistakes, Ms. Dominick," he stated, standing up from his seat, "it says on your survey that you are single. You filled it out for us."

"Clearly she is incompetent," Xander snarled, "can we not return her? One of the qualifications was to be intelligent. She is neither smart nor willing; we have to take her back."

She felt her jaw dropping, anger filling her thoughts as she glared at him. She was not stupid. When she had gotten the survey in the mail, she thought nothing of it. She had gotten in the argument with Seth and jokingly put single as her relationship status.

Never in her twenty-two years of living, did it occur to her that a simple survey would ruin her life.

"I am not incompetent, you piece of shit!" She hissed, "It was a mistake." Alexa turned to the General, "Sir, with all due respect, I swear it was a mistake. My fiancé and I had gotten in an argument the day I was filling out the survey. I must've checked the 'single' box in anger."

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair and shook his head. "I do not understand why you filled out the survey; you had to be willing to come. Nonetheless," he turned to Xander, "she cannot go back to her home."

"Why?" Alexa whispered.

The General turned to Xander, hoping to calm him down, but knowing that his next words wouldn't change his mood. "When Trent went around taking the women the database had chosen, he brought them here. As soon as they were in our land, we conducted tests to make sure they were healthy and fertile. Once they passed those tests, we injected them with our blood."

"YOU WHAT?!" She screamed, feeling faint and looked down at her hands in horror.

He narrowed his eyes, "Were you not paying attention during the presentation?" She bit her bottom lip, lowering her eyes and he sighed again. "We fused your blood with our own to make sure that you would be able to carry our children. Our doctors had to make sure that you would not be infected with the epidemic that took our women. Ms. Dominick, if you go back to your home, they will conduct experiments on you. If your people come into contact with our blood without the right equipment, we do not know what could be the result."

"What's so damn good about your blood?!" She snapped, fear making her feel like she was suffocating. Her chest was constricting, making it harder to breathe and she settled on releasing her emotions through anger.

He ignored her disrespectful tone and calmly stated. "Ms. Dominick, if you had only paid attention during the presentation, you would not be questioning this. Our genes are interlaced with different particles; our central nervous system is more complex than yours. We have abilities that your civilisation hasn't been able to evolve into."

Alexa raised her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Xander rolled his eyes, grabbing the knife in his boot and stabbed his arm. She gasped, almost passing out from the sound of the knife digging into his skin, but it didn't seem to affect him. His eyes never wavered or blink. He simply stared at her with the angry black irises.

He pulled it out, extending his arm out so that she could see his skin healing. A strange noise came from the back of her throat; a mixture of disgust and fascination. His skin seemed to be sticking to itself, closing the wound quickly and he wiped the red blood on his jeans.

"Oh," she whispered to the General, who seemed amused at her reaction.

"That is only a miniscule thing compared to the other things we are capable of doing, but I believe that this conversation should be for another day. It is late and I have a meeting with the President tomorrow morning."

"General," Xander gritted his teeth, "she broke the only picture I had of Corah. I want her nowhere near my house; if she wants to go, then I am more than glad to take her back."

His eyes widened for a millisecond, anger flashing through them and as soon as she saw it, it was gone. His voice softened, but there was still a strange edge to it. "Son, our people look up to you. If you give up on this, so will they. No matter how difficult it is now, you must persevere. Our lineage depends on these women."

He turned to Alexa, his voice becoming slightly hard. "I do not know much about how you humans work, but I do know this; if we take you back to your home, the government will take you and conduct experiments on you. You will lose your humanity and become another toy for them; I suggest you stop thinking so much about your fiancé because the chances of you returning are zero to none." He bowed his head at his second in command and waited for them to leave.

Xander grabbed Alexa's hand and took them back home, the anger still radiating off him. Once they were in his house, he released her and stalked away. The door slammed shut behind him and Alexa winced. She didn't even know that the sliding doors could be slammed and she was even more surprised that the glass didn't shatter under the force he used.

They made the humans sound like they were animals. She was sure that they wouldn't treat her like a lab rat. They couldn't. It was unconstitutional. Yeah, like they haven't done unconstitutional shit before, Alexa.

She sighed, sitting in front of the bar and leaned her head on the countertop. Her nose began to burn with tears and she found herself sobbing. It was a mixture of a plethora of emotions. Her heart ached for Xander; whoever the woman was on the picture, she was important to him.

And she had broken the only thing he had of her. She also felt angry at herself. She was usually mature about things she wasn't content with, but being taken by Aliens was absurd. There wasn't a guide on how to act and she felt lost.

In her mind, she had to act out until they gave her what she wanted; home. But her heart felt for them. They lost their women, their sisters, mothers, girlfriends, wives; and she was most likely making the hurt for Xander worsen.

Another part of her missed Seth, but it was vague. It confused her. She missed their happy times and the sporadic moments they spent together. When they first began their relationship, he had to take a week-length trip to Canada with his parents and she had missed him terribly.

She even missed the arguments they had. At that moment, she didn't. Even a blind man could see that their relationship was slowly deteriorating, but that was all she knew. She had been with Seth for a very long time; she couldn't just give up on them when things seemed lost.

Her mother taught her to fight for the things she wanted, but she didn't know if fighting for constant fights was worth fighting over. She widened her eyes, confused at her own thoughts and groaned.

Part of her knew that she was in the wrong. Everything Xander had said about her was true; she was a brat, ungrateful and selfish. But she was human; she was also compassionate and caring. She just didn't know how to show it to an Alien that kidnapped her; his presence continuously reminded her of what she never wanted to be, a cheater.

Xander made her feel things that an engaged woman shouldn't feel for anyone, but their fiancé.

Alexa sighed, standing up from the stool and wiped her tears away. The only reasonably explanation for her constant mood swings was her damn period and she couldn't remember when she had gotten it. She had marked it with a bright red marker on her calendar, but she didn't remember the date.

She missed her mom. She wanted to go to her and ask for her thoughts. Her mother was crazy, but she always had the best advice. Except when she tried to make her go to law school, but besides that; she was spectacular.

She sniffled, shuffling to the room and walked to the bed as if she were hypnotized by it. Suddenly all of the drama from the day got to her, and she fell asleep with tears drying on her face.

~*~

The next couple of days were torturous. Alexa made a complete 180° turn. She cooked for Xander, tried her best to be civil and even tried to have conversations with him.

But he wasn't having it.

Every time she entered the room, he'd get up and leave. If she asked him questions, they were short and curt, but his hatred for her was evident. And it was killing her. He'd leave before she was awake and arrive after she was sleeping; he was avoiding her like the black plague.

He knew that if he avoided her, the chances of wanting to strangle her would lessen. He had never felt such hatred for a person; it was eating his insides slowly, like poison. When his squadron would ask him about her, he'd avoid the topic and immediately change the conversation.

If they persisted, he'd force them to work extra hard in their training and it was affecting their relationship. He was becoming one of the things he despised in a leader, but as long as Alexa was in his life, he'd be miserable.

The door handle turned as he entered the house, breathing out quietly once he was able to take his shoes off. It was almost one in the morning and he was certain that Alexa was nowhere in sight. But he was wrong.

She stayed up all night, watching a documentary on the Holocaust and drank soda to keep awake. Her eyes were puffy and red from all the crying she had done and she was on the verge of stabbing her ovaries out.

As soon as he saw her, Xander grimaced and quietly walked towards the kitchen, hoping that she would ignore him like he would ignore her. His stomach grumbled loudly and Alexa lowered the TV's volume. "There's some leftover lasagne in the fridge."

He nodded, stiffening once she got up from the couch and walked towards him.

"Xander?" She whispered after he didn't answer her.

His entire frame froze and he tightened his hold on the crystal container in his hands. "What?"

"I'm sorry," she whispered, then broke down and began to sob as if her life depended on it.

Xander widened his eyes, turning to her with confusion in them and stared at her as if she were an unknown specimen.

"I am so sorry I've been a bitch," she hiccupped, "I'm sorry I broke the picture of the girl and I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. You didn't deserve how I treated you, but I didn't know how else to act." She wiped her runny nose against her sleeve and rambled on, "It's not every day that a girl gets taken from her house to live with aliens. We don't exactly have a guide on it, you know. I just...I miss my family and I was going to have my period and I have it now and I don't have any pads and I'm sorry."

He stared at her, his eyes widening even more and she whimpered. Xander continued staring at her, not knowing what to do and she sobbed even louder. He took a step back, placing the lasagne on the countertop and cleared his throat. "You have a period? For what?"

Alexa looked up at him, bursting into a fit of giggles and groaned once her cramps intensified. "My menstruation cycle...?"

"Oh," he muttered, and then slowly widened his eyes again in realisation, "oh! I bought some of those...things for you. I did not know which ones you used, so I ordered a variety."

"You bought me pads?" She whispered, unable to hide the smile growing on her lips. Even Seth wouldn't go out and buy them for her. He said it lowered his "manliness." Idiot.

Xander nodded. "Well yes, does it not come every month? The information given to us said so."

"I just meant that not a lot of guys would go out and buy them..." she trailed off, sniffling as she wiped her tears away. She was a hormonal mess and she knew it.

He shrugged; turning away from her once he remembered his anger towards her. For a slight second, her laugh wiped it away. But he knew once she wanted to stop being nice, she'd turn into the brat she was days earlier. It was just a matter of time. "They are in the last drawer on the right side of your bureau."

"Thank you," she whispered, noticing that that would be the most they'd speak that day, "Xander?"

His back tensed again, his muscles rippling as he tightened his hold on the counter.

"I..."

"Please just leave," he whispered, his voice holding no emotion, "I do not want to have these meaningless conversations with you."

She nodded. "I just wanted to know how your day was...I heard you yesterday talking to someone-"

"My day was fine," He replied curtly, finality ringing in his voice.

Alexa sighed, nodding her head once and walked towards her room. After she took a much needed shower, she thanked the gods above for the tampons and cursed her uterus for being in so much pain.

That night she couldn't sleep. Guilt and cramps were enabling her from doing so and she did the only thing she could think of that would distract her mind. She just didn't think she'd end up painting a woman with jet black hair and piercing blue eyes. Corah. 

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
61.4K 3.3K 34
After the Ship Masters arrive Violet seizes her chance to experience life beyond the Farm. She learns that a planet nestled in the stars is waiting f...
44.4K 1.1K 20
"hey krel, what do you think the colours pink and blue make?" Y/n asks krel, as they sit in a tree watching the night sky. "purple why do you ask?" h...
175K 8.1K 41
60 bullets 59 58 57.. The countdown to 17 Bullets begins now. Eleanor was prepared for the zombie apocalypse, not a completely different planet with...