The Better Ones [JeongMin]

By jeongmin-

Jimin and Jeongyeon constantly spread nasty rumors about each other in their campus. ๐™– ๐™Ÿ๐™š๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ญ... More

Foreword
Characters/OST Bank
Prologue: Miss Cupid
Chapter 1: The Pharktom
Chapter 3: Something About Him
The Bulletproof Update #1
Chapter 4: Confusions
The Bulletproof Update #2
Chapter 5: The Perfect Girl
The Cypher Update #1
The Bulletproof Update #3
Chapter 6: Nobody, Somebody
The Cypher Update #2
Chapter 7: Friends or Foes
Chapter 8: Shining
The Bulletproof Update #4.1
The Bulletproof Update #4.2
Chapter 9: For a Show I
Chapter 10: For a Show II
The Cypher Update #3
The Cypher Update #4
Chapter 11: Controlled Emotions
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #1
The Bulletproof Update #5
Chapter 12: He-hello
The Cypher Update #5
Chapter 13: Interests and Whereabouts
The Cypher Update #6
Chapter 14: Like Him, Like Her
Park Jimin Update #1
Park Jimin Update #2
Chapter 15: The Protector
Chapter 16: Gut Feelings
Always Here
The Cypher Update #7
The Cypher Update #8
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #2
Chapter 17: Welcome Back
Chapter 18: Park Jimin I
Chapter 19: Park Jimin II
Chapter 20: Are You Okay?
Popcorn, Parkies! Update #3
Chapter 21: Pretend Play
The Cypher Update #9
Chapter 22: Five Harsh People
A Little Update
Chapter 23: Yoo Jeongyeon I
Chapter 24: Closure I
Chapter 25: Kim Taehyung
Chapter 26: Nayeon and Hoseok Time
Chapter 27: Playtime
Chapter 28: Dandelion

Chapter 2: He's Everywhere

445 39 4
By jeongmin-

Jeongyeon resigned from The Bulletproof. She thought about it the whole weekend and decided to not get involved with Park Jimin. She knew she'd get over what she found out sooner or later.

Jeongyeon: Mianhae Namjoon-oppa. You'll find a better writer than me, and a braver one.

This left Namjoon frustrated at first but moved on and looked for another writer. However, all the write-ups that he was reading were far from what Jeongyeon had showcased before— they were too plain.

Sana and Namjoon were in the staff room and just finished reading seven of them, Sana set three apart saying that they had potential but Namjoon dismissed them all in the end.

Sana: Oppa, time is ticking, The Cypher will get ahead of us again.

Namjoon: Again? Ever since they were launched in this school we never got ahead of them. Aish. I'm really gonna put Kim Seokjin in his place! *sighs* Anyway, these are trash. The Pharktom will not be happy. He will just ruin us. Yah, can't Jeongyeon really do this?

Sana: You really need to give up.

In the end, a charismatic and bubbly Jung Hoseok was chosen and Namjoon believed that he could be trained. The important thing here was he accepted the task given to him, which was to spread rumors about Park Jimin. He did not tell Hoseok about The Pharktom though, out of concern that he would have the same reaction as Jeongyeon.

〰️

Have you ever had this sensation when you were sure a certain someone never existed until you crossed paths with him, then this someone would just appear almost everywhere as if shoving in your face what you missed in your life?

This certain someone in Jeongyeon's life was Park Jimin. Sejeong mentioned his name a few times before but she never really listened to her as she was not interested. But ever since that day at the diner and Sana confirmed it was him, he had become everywhere.

He would be at the school's gym, she'd sometimes see him in the bathroom areas, and she even noticed how their lunch schedules were almost aligned. The crazier part here was how his eyes would sometimes lock on her's. Whenever that happened, she'd feel tensed. This had been going for almost two weeks now that Jeongyeon already felt sick, she had to skip school.

She was lying on their bed when she suddenly became curious about him again so she visited one of the school's Facebook pages— Popcorn, Parkies— that talked about popular students of the University. If it was true that Jimin's a rising star, surely, his photos would be posted there and a lot of fans would be commenting.

Not even a minute had passed and she already found a photo of him along with Taehyung. The page was asking the students to choose the heart-react button if they felt like Jimin wore the denim better or the haha-react button if they liked Taehyung more.

Jeongyeon: Oh. Jimin got more votes? *voted for Taehyung* This is kind of unfair, if this post comes across anyone and they don't read the caption, they'd probably either like or heart this. Tss. Why am I so upset?

The comments section was a mess. There were fan wars because apparently, The Bulletproof posted something about Jimin. Then she came across Im Nayeon's comment.

Facebook:

Im Nayeon Really, The Bulletproof. You're really gonna do Jimin dirty? A piece of advice, if you are gonna push for it, make sure you write prettily and not pettily. Got it?

↪️ Kim So-jung What happened?

↪️ Im Nayeon @Kim So-jung Seems like The Bulletproof can no longer think of a way to surpass us that they had to slander Jimin. Check their Instagram page. It uploaded a photo of Jimin with a caption that they'll be posting weekly updates about him and that they will be exposing him.

↪️ Kim So-jung @Im Nayeon Lol, you just gave me the details I don't think I need to visit the post anymore. Loljk. But seriously, expose him of what?? He's like so sweet and gentle and funny.

↪️ Popcorn, Parkies @Im Nayeon @Kim So-jung we just want to clarify that we are not in any way associated with TB. But we gotchu!

Jeongyeon checked the post that Im Nayeon mentioned and there it was, they really did it. She wondered what kind of stuff Jung Hoseok would be posting about Park Jimin in the next few weeks. With that thought, she inhaled deeply and exhaled sharply. She didn't want to think about him nor The Bulletproof nor The Pharktom again.

〰️

Jihyo was at the cafeteria, eating alone, when Kim Taehyung found her. He walked towards her and greeted her with a warm smile before he sat across her. As usual, they asked each other how they were doing until Jihyo mentioned Jeongyeon before he left for his next class.

Kim Taehyung, 21

Jihyo: Yah, oppa. Jeongyon is sick today, you might want to visit her today?

Taehyung: Mwo? That girl gets sick? *laughs* Arasseo, I miss her anyway. You have my number, right? Text me after your last class is done so that we can go to your house together.

Jihyo: Okay, oppa. Will do that!

Taehyung: Don't tell Jeongie that I will be coming so that she won't take a bath 😆

Jihyo: Yahhh! So horrible! But it's gonna be so funny! 😂 I will not tell her.

Taehyung: Okay. I need to head back to my college now. Thanks for letting me know, Jihyo.

While walking down the hallway, Taehyung ran into Im Nayeon, one of The Cypher's writers. He sighed at her sight, a sign that he was not in the mood.

Im Nayeon, 23

Nayeon: Taehyung-ah. Good thing we bumped into each other. So... I am writing an article about the students' suggestions to have online schooling for at least two days. It's gonna be an interview article so I will be needing you to take photos while I do the interviews. Send me your schedule so that we could meet halfway.

Taehyung: Arasseo. I will PM you. I need to go now, noona.

Nayeon: Ah wait... what about later?

Taehyung: I have an important matter later.

Nayeon: Okay then. Just don't forget to send your sched to me, arasseo?

Taehyung: Okay.

He smiled and bowed at her even though he was rolling his eyes at the back of his mind. He never liked Im Nayeon as she was a self-proclaimed Ms. Popular of Park University, making her his counterpart. Not that he cared about his popularity or what. Anyway, he never really liked anyone in that school aside from Jeongyeon and Jihyo, so far.

He would always find something to hate or be very annoying about a person— for instance, Nayeon. He did not only hate her guts but he was also irked with the way she would laugh and how she'd always get dirty fingernails.

Kim Taehyung had been like this— judgmental— and Jeongyeon, whom he met in high school, was the only person he could confide in. She knew this side of him and he was always relieved that she never found him weird nor different. She would laugh sometimes, but that was okay for him.

Like what they had agreed with, Jihyo and Taehyung met after their classes to go to the Park's home together. Jeongyeon hadn't taken a bath yet making her glare at Jihyo for not telling her that Taehyung would be visiting her. Jihyo stayed for a while but had to leave again to help out at Better Butter.

Jeongyeon: This is horrible! I'm sure you are judging me now.

Taehyung: Aniya. I promised myself I'm never gonna judge you, remember? *giggles*

Jeongyeon: Then why are you giggling?? *glares*

Taehyung: *laughs* Nothing! It's just so good to see you again. You're so busy. You don't even text me. I got worried that you might be you know... changing your mind about me...

Jeongyeon: Yah! Would you be careful with your words? People might get the wrong idea about us! *chuckles*

Taehyung: I'm only teasing you! But also, I'm serious that I got worried I lost my only friends.

Jeongyeon: Yah! Stop that... you know it's not gonna happen.

Taehyung: *touched Jeongyeon's forehead* Hmmm, your temperature seems fine. Are you really sick?

Jeongyeon: I was vomiting. I don't know, I guess I am stressed.

Taehyung: Could be... *lied down near the rear part of the bed and shut his eyes*

There was a minute of silence as Jeongyeon wanted to ask about The Pharktom but not sure if it was okay since Namjoom particularly said that he trusted her with that information.

Jeongyeon: Taehyung-ah...

Taehyung: Mwo? Taehyung-ah? Ohhh...

Jeongyeon: I mean, oppa. Have you watched... The Pharktom of the Opera?

Taehyung: The what? Phantom of the Opera?

Jeongyeon: Yes...

Taehyung: Of course! Wae?

Jeongyeon: Uhm... nothing.

She decided she would just keep it to herself and anyone else who already knew about it.

〰️

Even though Jeongyeon was no longer a part of The Bulletproof, Sana continued being friends with her and Jihyo. She had even brought Jung Hoseok along for consecutive days now. So, when one day she showed up without him, Jeongyeon and Jihyo got curious.

Sana didn't know why Hoseok was not at school that day and he was not answering her messages and calls as well.

Jihyo: But his phone was ringing?

Sana: Yes. I'm worried, to be honest. Namjoon too.

Jeongyeon: Wae?

Jihyo: Yeah, why? Jeongyeon was absent the other day too. Why worry?

Sana stared at Jeongyeon who got what she meant— The Pharktom. She remembered Namjoon's warning about him before. Jeongyeon did not tell Jihyo about it as well, she really couldn't have anyone important to her get involved.

Sana: That's exactly the reason why I am worried. Maybe he's sick. I wish I know where he lives so that we can visit him.

What's The Pharktom pulling off this time?

Jeongyeon was deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice she was looking straight into someone's eyes from the other table, the other person was not looking away as well. She gasped and her eyes widened when she realized who that someone was— Park Jimin.

〰️

It was Saturday morning and Jeongyeon was sitting in one of the Better Butter tables while reading her textbook when the next customer came in— it was him again.

Park Jimin was wearing a red-orange shirt, black sweat pants, and slippers. He automatically locked eyes with Jeongyeon who was batting hers uncontrollably as she couldn't believe that he would be here even on a weekend.

Jimin looked away and headed in front of the counter, Jeongyeon then rushed inside and faced Jimin who looked at her blankly.

Jeongyeon: Good morning, sir! What's your order? 😃

Jimin blinked then gestured like he was shooing someone.

Jimin: *muttering* Swipe left.

Jeongyeon: Huh? Sorry sir, I didn't hear you. What is it?

Jimin: Swipe left. *waved again*

Jeongyeon: *frowned* Swipe left? What do you mean? Sir, would you be more clear?

Jimin stopped moving and just looked at her again. This got Jeongyeon's chest to palpitate abnormally until she realized something.

Jeongyeon: Are you... deaf?

Jimin did not answer so she assumed that she was right. After all, she never saw him talk to anyone. She just quite couldn't understand how Sejeong or Sana never told her about this. She sighed.

Jeongyeon: Arasseo. Mianhae, I didn't know.

She still waited for him to answer just in case she was wrong about him being deaf but he just waved again and said "Swipe left".

Jeongyeon: Yah. You know you look like an idiot. *chuckles* Omo, you don't really understand me. Yahhh. Swipe left if you think I'm pretty. *smirks* Tss.

▶️ PLAY: look at me - george

Jeongyeon: *bits her lower lip and leans a bit closer* Park Jimin-ssi... *giggles* Nan neol joha-hae (I like you).

Jimin: *gulps* Swipe left *waves*

Jeongyeon: *leans back* Tss. *exhaled* Is that the only thing that you can say? Arasseo, let me look for a board for you.

She was looking for a board and chalk while she was muttering. Meanwhile, Jimin still had his eyes on her.

Jeongyeon: *mutters* You might be thinking I'm a weird lady by now. When I think about what I was doing a while ago, I think I look like an idiot. Oh— there you go, my board.

Jeongyeon wrote 'What do you want and what do you mean?' on the board and showed it to Jimin who chuckled when he read it. He took the chalk from Jeongyeon and was about to write something down when Sejeong appeared from the kitchen and gasped.

Park Sejeong, 20

Sejeong: Omo! Jimin-oppa!

Jimin and Jeongyeon were startled and that was when Sejeong noticed the board and what was written.

Sejeong: What's this Jeongyeon?

Jeongyeon: Uhm... he couldn't understand me, found out he's deaf so I had to write these down.

Sejeong: WHAT? Who's deaf??

Jeongyeon: He was not answering me and only talked about 'swipe left' something.

Sejeong: Swipe left? *snorts with a laugh* You don't know where it is and what it means? Hmm, you go in the kitchen and let me handle this.

Jeongyeon: Uhm. Okay?

Although she quite couldn't get it, she followed Sejeong and walked towards the kitchen when she heard Sejeong greeted the man she was just talking to a while ago.

Sejeong: Annyeong!! Jimin-oppa!

Jimin: Annyeong, Sejeong!!

Jeongyeon: Wh— what??

She looked back and saw that they were now conversing. She stayed for a while and then he did that— it was very subtle but she was sure he smirked at her again.

〰️

Before going outside for a morning jog, Namjoon checked their mailbox first. He only found one that was addressed to him by an anonymous sender.

Namjoon: Is this even possible?

He also noticed that there was no stamp on it. He then got what it meant and quickly opened the envelope to see what was inside.

Letter:

"Fire Jung Hoseok and have Yoo Jeongyeon write on Instagram. You have no idea what I can do."

Kim Namjoon got terrified and looked around for any signs of someone who just passed by. This was from The Pharktom. He only usually received his letter in his locker but today, The Pharktom just sent a clear message. He is everywhere.

〰️

A/N: Ahhhhh... I'm worried about the articles/writings/clapbacks in the next few chapters. Haha I hope I can pull them off, or at least will be able to justify them.

Thank you guys for reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 1K 30
After a life changing unfortunate event, Jeongyeon made a hard decision to leave her hometown for a new life and got herself a promising babysitting...
25.3K 2.3K 49
Highest rank-#1 in Jeongmin #2 in btsxtwice #1 in Jimyeon #1 in Bogoship...
62.9K 2.7K 32
jin: do you guys mind if i add someone to the group jin: he's the new roommate i got for this year yoongi: yeah that's fine seokjin added namjoon to...
9.6K 493 10
"๐–จ'๐—† ๐—๐—๐–บ๐— ๐—€๐—‚๐—‹๐—… ๐—๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—‡ ๐—๐—Ž๐—‹๐—‡ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—…๐–ฝ ๐—Ž๐—‰๐—Œ๐—‚๐–ฝ๐–พ ๐–ฝ๐—ˆ๐—๐—‡." \\ bookone of his target. In which Myoui Mina was in a t...