š‘šŽš’š„ | šŸšŸ–+

By cassidyhudspeth

ā š™Žš™ƒš™€ š™’š˜¼š™Ž š™š™ƒš™€ š™Šš™‰š™‡š™” š™‹š™€š˜¼š˜¾š™€ š™ƒš™€ š™ƒš˜¼š˜æ š™†š™‰š™Šš™’š™‰ š™„š™‰ š˜¼ š™‘š™€š™š™”, š™‘š™€š™š™” š™‡š™Šš™‰š™‚ š™š™„š™ˆļæ½... More

synopsis
prologue
1 || welcome
2 || rules
3 || improvise
4 || insomnia
5 || the journals
6 || boundaries
7 || frustrations
8 || nightmares
9 || urges
10 || progress
11 || fresh air
12 || past
13 || first session
14 || cat and mouse
16 || bloom
17 || cold shoulder
18 || retrogress
19 || confrontation
20 || progress two
21 || confessions
22 || second session
23 || vulnerability
24 || coping mechanism
25 || vanilla
26 || labels ... or not
27 || even balance
28 || midnight hour
29 || third session
30 || progress three
31 || party
32 || one month down
33 || possessive
34 || truth be told
35 || passion and pain
36 || bad news
37 || fourth session
38 || let the walls down
39 || quality time
40 || progress four
41 || the last good day
42 || ten words
43 || goodbye
44 || ready to comply
45 || radio silence
46 || end of the line
47 || salvation
48 || stay
49 || let's go home
50 || fresh start
epilogue
author's note
bonus chapter - the wedding

15 || contact

46.2K 1.3K 566
By cassidyhudspeth

alexa, play apartment by bobi andonov

DAY 15

        It had been a whole day since Amelia had spoken to James.

        Ever since she had stormed off to her bedroom last night, she was determined to elude him for the rest of the next day. There were so many things that were wrong about their encounter, so many voices screaming in her head telling her that this couldn't happen, but she found it painfully hard to stop herself each time. Did she just crave the physical touch she hadn't experience in so long? Did she care about James? These were the thoughts that made it impossible for her to fall asleep at night. 

        Amelia's heart fluttered at the thought of running into him, therefore, she ate all of her meals inside the safety of her room - only coming out to grab whatever she wanted to eat before retreating back inside. She immersed herself in her book, took a few naps, soaked in the bathtub ... all to stay away from him

        What had gotten into her? 

        Getting involved in any kind of way with a patient could potentially sabotage the entire thing. All she had worked so hard for, all she had spent so many nights laying awake thinking about. Despite being an expert at helping others process their feelings, she couldn't even process her own. 

        She let a loud sigh escape her lips as she rolled over in her bed to see the glowing red numbers on her alarm clock that read 3:58 AM. Flinging her comforter from her body in annoyance, she climbed out of her cozy mattress and quietly tiptoed out of her room and down the hallway - beelining it to the kitchen. The only thing that sounded remotely soothing right now was the strawberry ice cream in the freezer that was calling her name. 

        The crisp air from the freezer felt nice on Amelia's skin as she opened the door to grab the ice cream, setting it on the counter-top and whisking off the lid in no time. Grabbing a large spoon, she began to dig in with a low, gratified groan as she closed her eyes, shoving a spoonful into her mouth. 

        What she hadn't realized was that James had heard her moving around, therefore, came into the kitchen to see what she was up to. Much to his amusement, she was dwelling in the remnants of her ice cream, her beautiful eyes closed as she enjoyed the taste. Oh, how he wished Amelia was tasting him. His eyes trailed over her pale, pink pajama set hungrily - her tiny shorts that did the curves of her hips justice, her little tank-top that was tight enough to show off her perky breasts.

        James couldn't hide the smirk forming on his lips as Amelia's eyes opened to see him standing there watching her, making her jump with a tiny gasp. 

        "Boo." 

        "You have to stop scaring me," Amelia scolded breathlessly, her hand hovering above her chest where her heart was beating furiously. 

        "I can't help that you're always awake at this time of night." 

         She tensely observed his blue eyes watching her, the eagerness that filled them, as she placed her spoon back into the ice cream container. It was becoming difficult to keep her eyes from surveying his grey t-shirt and boxers that fell right above his mid-thigh. Why had she never noticed how massive his thigh muscles were before? 

        "I couldn't sleep," Amelia huffed with a small pout. 

        "You know what I think?" James asked playfully, taking a minuscule step in her direction, making her heart lurch in her chest once more. 

        "What's that?"

        "I think that I'm not the only one who needs to relieve stress," he whispered raucously, his head cocking sideways as he examined her expression to his every word. "You don't think I notice how you can't sleep most nights?" 

        Something about the way James' bright blue orbs looked at her sent electricity through her veins. Amelia crossed her arms over her chest in exasperation as her eyes narrowed towards him before saying, "I'm here to help you. I'm not worried about me, James." 

        Bucky placed his metal hand on the marble counter-top as he tauntingly stepped even closer to Amelia. He loved seeing her fidget nervously under his stare, even though she was trying her best not to look nervous, he was no idiot. He caught her chewing at the inside of her lip and the way her chest rose and fell raggedly - she was definitely affected by him. 

        "So help me then." 

        Amelia's hard glare faltered at his words, and even she knew that he could see the way her face fell, her attempts at hiding her emotions had failed epically. Her brow furrowed pleadingly as she took her bottom lip between her teeth. She hated feeling this vulnerable. 

        "It'll ruin all of my work," her voice came out in a whisper. 

        Watching Amelia become so exposed in front of him made James feel even more aroused than usual. Her confidence, her arrogance, her calmness - all gone. Her chestnut eyes were begging him not to push her vulnerability even further, but he couldn't help himself when he closed the distance between them, bringing himself only inches away from her desperate face. 

        Amelia was gorgeous

        "I don't think so," James said lowly, holding his breath as the lip she was holding between her teeth popped back out into another pout. 

        "I can't be your therapist and your ..." she trailed off, shaking her head, at a loss for words. 

        Without hesitation, James leaned forwards, grasping onto her exposed thighs, and hoisted her swiftly up onto the counter - knocking over the container of ice cream. Amelia involuntarily let out a petite yelp at the gesture, her mouth popping open in surprise. The shock on her face sent waves of warm butterflies through him, his hands still grasping her heated skin. 

        Amelia couldn't even hear her own thoughts over the sound of her heart beating inside of her eardrums. Her hands were frozen in the air at James' sudden movements, her stomach felt like it had been lit on fire as she focused in on his broad hands holding onto her legs. His hair fell in a mess around his face, his full lips parted just slightly as he processed her reaction. 

        "My what?" he asked fervently. 

        The tension in the air was thick. Amelia was sure that she could just reach out and touch it. She was silently thanking God that his torso was covered in a t-shirt, she wasn't sure if she could handle the feeling of his skin against her own as he perched himself between her spread legs on the counter. No one had ever made her feel this ... helpless

        "Anything," she continued in a squeak. Why must her voice give up on her now? "We can't do this, Bucky." 

        The sound of her saying Bucky sent chills down his spine. 

        He leaned forward, pressing harder against her inner thighs with his upper body, as he reached up slowly with one hand to grab one of her own. "I like when you call me that," he murmured, bringing her shaky hand up to his mouth as he kissed each of her delicate, little fingers. Her heady, vanilla scent swarmed around in his nostrils. 

        "Don't," Amelia pleaded, but it came out a lot softer than she had meant it to. Whisking away her hands from his grasp, with the last ounce of strength she had left in her, she shoved his chest tentatively as she jumped down from the counter. 

        James was loving every second of it. Somehow, toying with her this way ended up being more fun than trying so hard to get her to leave. 

        He was sure now that he wanted nothing more than for her to stay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 1.2K 47
You look...happy? Bucky leaves Wakanda and returns to the States to try to figure out life again. Sydney is a newer member of the team that Steve hop...
3.5K 169 22
A year after the second snap and everyone returned, Dr. Willow Price pushed Shield to let her take the case of James Buchannan Barnes. The plan is to...
3.8K 68 23
This tells the story of how a 15-year-old girl made in a lab helps Morgan Stark get back home to her family after getting kidnapped by Hydra. Follow...
159K 5.5K 55
"A gift." One guard says to someone else in the room as he leaves. I groan in pain and scrunch myself into a ball, squeezing my eyes shut. Seconds l...