FINDING STARS IN SCARS..

By reverie_of_moon

Those blackish blue eyes staring in my soul.. Those hypnotic blue grey eyes hypnotizing my so called mind to... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
〈 chapter 1 〉
〈 chapter 2 〉
〈 chapter 4 〉
〈 chapter 5 〉
〈 chapter 6 〉
〈 chapter 7 〉
〈 chapter 8 〉
〈 chapter 9 〉
〈 chapter 10 〉
〈 chapter 11 〉
〈 chapter 12 〉
〈 chapter 1 3 〉
〈 chapter 14 〉
〈 chapter 15 〉
〈 chapter 16 〉
〈 chapter 17 〉
〈 chapter 18 〉
〈 chapter 19 〉
〈 chapter 20 〉
〈 chapter 21 〉
〈 chapter 2 2 〉

〈 chapter 3 〉

635 129 121
By reverie_of_moon

✦┈⋆┈⋆┈ ⋞ 〈 3 〉 ⋟ ┈⋆┈⋆┈✦

WITH curiosity killing her to know about his talk with Maryam, Najma quickly walked towards her and peered, "Did he leave?."

Her adrenaline spiked looking at Maryam's glazed expression, as she entered the house.

"Yes," Maryam replied with a stolid face.

"What did he say?" She asked in concern.

"Marry"

Najma quickly looked behind to make sure what she just heard.

"What?" She questioned Alizeh, who had the same expression Maryam had; blank..

"He asked her to marry for his deal with a company,"Alizeh replied with a dead face.

--------------------------------------------------

"How can you do this Shamsher? I promised her mother to fulfil her dreams" Najma gritted, throwing down a file her husband had asked to bring. That is what brought attention to the middle aged man who was brutally ignoring the words his wife was rambling on.

He briefly looked at his wife and then the file. Chills went down her spine by the glare he sent, she slowly kneeled down, picked up the file and kept it on the table.

"Now, don't you dare utter a single word, woman." Shamsher threatened as he scowled at his wife.

" Do what I say or die. I don't care about any of your freaking promises. Besides I have searched about the man, he is a good young man" he coldly replied, staring at file and then noticed his wife, her nose flaring, fist curled ; she gave him bloodshot eyes with tears present in the corners.

"OK I will freaking die but not let her marry !!" She scowled and stomped out of the room.

------------------------------------------------

"Young man??? He is a freaking old man Ammi! I have seen him" Alizeh growled pacing back and forth around the room.

"Don't say me you are going to accept it Maryam" she said, giving a quivering laugh

Maryam's blurry gaze slowly wandered to her. Her voice became sore as words weren't ready to come out. Her head started to ache and chest started to feel heavy, either way she had to sacrifice. Marry him and sacrifice dreams or die in guilt if he gets Alizeh married to him.

"I don't know" She finally spoke in a croaked voice, shaking her head left to right.

She had only 2 days for her exam and god was testing her at the time like this. "Why me? ; everytime" she questioned her god and coughed hard to hide her tears from the two presence in the room.

Alizeh sighed and sat down wiping the tears formed at the corner of her eyes. 

"Don't worry you two, I will die but I will never let my precious girls marry without consent" She consoled the girls as they looked up in hope.

"Maryam, you go and study, I promise no one in hell will try to stop you, Allah is with us" She smiled looking at the pale blue eyes, tired of reality.

"But.." Maryam started to speak to be cut off by Najma.

"No buts...you go and study, make sure you get good marks. Forget everything that happened" Najma assured her...

2 days later..

5 am in the morning, a sluggish feeling to remain in the sleep forever aroused in her because she could see things better with her eyes closed, but life doesn't go as you plan. Remembering she had her most important exam, she jolted up and wrapped up her blanket and jogged towards her bathroom.

Inhaling a deep breath she looked at herself in the mirror. Killing every negative thought she smiled, even after such horrific days in the past she looked confident.

The heart that broke made her question her god. Am I not his servant too? He should either just let me live or kill me, why this suffering?. She continuously asked grieving; blaming her god for her cruel existence.

Expectation doesn't hurt when God's on your side, she thought looking at her reflection as little insecurities started to build up thinking what will happen if she will not qualify..

The house was quiet as everyone was sleeping. She tiptoed into the kitchen like a thief trying to do a silent robbery. She slowly opened her fridge and a chocolate velvet cake flashed before her eyes ; she started drooling over it. She shook her head reminding herself she had an exam.

"Today is my exam, that is why I am drinking you, don't have hopes" she rolled her eyes talking to the milk as if it was going to reply.

Stuffing a bread, she wrote a note for her aunt, stuck it on the fridge and walked out of the house to stay in the café till the bus arrived. The café owner was a kind woman who had sympathy for the orphan child.

_____________________________

Ring ring, the buzzing on his phone disturbed him from secretly stuffing the file of his patient in his bag.

Annoyed by the continuous ringing he took his phone and answered the call.

"Assalamualaikum, there is a problem"

He heard a voice of someone familiar,

"Walaikumassalam, let me guess.... You caused it" Hassan replied in a tight voice to hear the laugh of his stupid friend.

"How did you know?" he jested.

"Meet me at our adda, there is a guest waiting for us, we will solve your stupid issue there itself" Hassan replied and cut the call before he would be bombarded with questions.

Wearing black jeans with a denim jacket over a light grey sweater and black boots, he walked out of his room ready to meet his friend after a long time.

"Ammi I'll be back, going to meet Amir" He yelled from the living room.

"Ok come back soon, invite that child to dinner today" She yelled back from the kitchen.

Hassan inhaled the smell of leather seats and twisted the key to hear his car roar.The dashboard is illuminated with all kinds of lights, aftermarket back lights light up the speedometer with a low green tone, ready to fly over the mountains.

"Let's go buddy" he smirked, pressing the accelerator he drove off in his illuminating charcoal black Porsche to let out his stress.

The dark clouds pour over the mountains in the distance as the car reaches 120 mph, as it reaches a curve in the middle of the road, without slowing the car barrels around the slow grade turned with ease.

Finally reaching his destination he parked his car and jogged towards the café; he had found in his teens, the serene view with a cup of coffee was enough to calm him down.

Walking inside the café he looked over to find his friend, knowing he would reach there before he did. Amir waved at him, smirking.

"I win, you have to pay" He said pointing at the menu.

Hassan chuckled reminiscing about the bet once he did as a child, whoever comes early pays.

"Kiski shadi me ja raha hai bhai?" Hassan asked, looking at his friend overly dressed with a perfect blue suit, gelled hair and handsomely fine looking sharp jaw.

(whose wedding you attending?)

" kya pata meri hi ho jaye us guest ke saath". Amir winked at Hassan to see him disgusted even at the thought of it.

(who knows.. That guess can be my wed)

"Ok," Hassan replied, stopping himself from laughter leaving Amir all confused.

After 2 hours..

"Hey" Someone interrupted the serious conversation that was going on between the two friends.

Hassan glanced up to see Jonathan Edward waving, with a smile on his face. A grassland cow vintage oversize knitted sweater on a white shirt and black pants looked cute on his brown curly hair and brown eyes.

"The guest is here" Hassan nudged Amir trying hard not to burst out in laughter, seeing his friend's astonished face. Amir stepped Hassan's foot to calm himself down. The satisfaction of seeing his expressions change from a maniac to normal was good. He avenged his friend for deceiving him.

"Hello" Jonathan said, offering a hand shake.

"Hi," Amir replied, accepting the hand shake, and glared at Hassan who was making efforts to change his trying so hard not to laugh face into a professional one.

"This is Amir Hussain, my friend and a Prosecutor by profession." Hassan introduced his friend

"This is Jonathan Edward, my patient and the one I was talking about." Hassan introduced him to Amir and he smirked.

"Oh, have a seat, we have a few things to talk to you."  Amir motioned at the chair.

Jonathan sat down and had a few chats with an unknown doctor and a prosecutor, or were they really unknown?.

"What would you like?" Amir asked

"A black tea with..."

"With exactly 3 cubes of sugar" Amir completed looking at the menu.

Jonathan gulped thinking how he knew. Amir looked at Hassan with a sly smile and he smiled back.

"Now Mr. Edward, you are a Christian?" Hassan asked, sipping his cappuccino.

"yeah" He replied nodding

"What about you mother?" He again asked, glancing at his way.

"She is a pure catholic, very regular to church" Jonathan chuckled

"Then what are your comments on this video?" Amir questioned handing a mobile to him.

In the video..

"Did you give Anesthesia?" Hassan queried Sumaira.

"Yes sir, we will wait for 3 minutes and start the surgery" she replied.

"What is she mumbling?" Asked Fareed who was going to assist Hassan..

Hassan went closer to the patient and kneeled down to hear the hushed words the patient was whispering. His eyes got wider, astonished at her words, he quickly took the camera from the nurse and made sure to record her whispering.

Her finger were in a continuous motion like she was counting something and indeed she was counting the number of times she declare;

"La Illaha Illallah (there is no God except Allah)..."

*

*

*

-----------------------

Assalamualaikum people
How are ya'll?
How was the chapter?
Thank you for reading this mess lol
Love ya'll ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 1.2K 19
"Go and meet your bride, son. She is waiting in my room. She is on fire." Di said smiling and I sighed smiling while all just laughed. "The time I t...
5K 929 17
Aarav x Aditi Adirav He loved her when she thought no one cared about her. And she loved him and made him realise how worthful he was. Her blue eyes...
25.2K 1.2K 61
"Open your eyes love, Look at me" Goosebumps spread across my skin as soon as his voice hit my eardrums. I nodded negatively meanwhile his grip tortu...
36K 4.3K 57
"Why did you leave me all alone in this cruel world, Hoor? You promised never to let go of my side. How am I supposed to live without you? I miss you...