Dare Or Dare|18+

By xoxo_nix

⚠️Sensitive topics such as: sexual assault, suicide, depression.⚠️ Roxanne is just out of college, working at... More

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝
𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊
Author's Note

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔

9 2 0
By xoxo_nix

Just get the cash and go home. Just get the cash and go home. Just get the cash and go home.

"Hey Roxi, you're up next." The DJ says as I walk over to say hello. I nod and smile as I stand next to him, I've still got 3 minutes before I start.

"You got my songs right?" I ask as I look down at his monitor.

"Yeppers, have fun kiddo." He says as he gives me a smile and I walk to the edge of the stage. I smile to the girl getting off and go up as I wait for my song to play.

As I usually do, I just feel the music. I dance like I'm alone in my room and there's no one around me. I will admit, spinning on the pole is fun, I only get dizzy if I spin too much.

I slide to the floor and dance on the ground for a while, the guys and couple girls all throwing money on the stage. I feel someone staring at me from across the room, but I mean, that's normal around here.

I finish my dance and collect my money before locking it up and locking that in my locker. When I walk out I dance for a few guys, getting huge tips which I'm thankful for.

The feeling like I'm being watched has gotten worse all night, I just can't seem to find who could be watching me-

I freeze when I see him, his stupid brown hair and stupid green eyes, his stupid smirk that never seems to leave his lips. He walks over, looking amused as ever.

"Hey there Rox, how's life treating you?" He asks as he leans on the table. I swallow and look down, he can't hurt me here.

"Life is well, why are you here Kyle?" I ask as I avoid his eyes. I hear him laugh, that terrifying laugh that's been burned into my memory.

"I wanted to come see you. I miss you and our little girl." He says as he puts his hand on my waist. I try to push him off but he just digs his fingers further into my skin.

"She's not interested in seeing you." I choke out, trying to be brave, I have to be, for Octavia.

"She doesn't even know I exist." He scoffs, his grip tightening even more, enough to leave marks.

"Please get your hands off of me." I whisper, tears burning the back of my eyes. He ignores me and continues to stare down at me.

"Listen Rox, I'm sorry for how I treated you. You just got so annoying at times and especially when you were pregnant, you were unbearable." He tells me.

"I was pregnant because of you Kyle, you couldn't take no for an answer and you- you did that to me and left me in my room alone and in pain. I was 17 Kyle, and I got kicked out of my house because of you"

He sighs dramatically, letting go of my waist but holding my face. "I wanted a baby, and besides, you still came back to me. You obviously wanted to be with me."

"I was homeless and pregnant, I stayed with you until I had to money to get a place for myself." I snarl. He squeezes my jaw tightly, his nails clamped around my face.

"You watch your attitude with me, I want to meet my daughter Roxanne, and you can't stop me." He whispers dangerously.

It's like slow motion as his hand flies up, getting ready to hit me. I brace myself but the blow never comes. When I'm brave enough to open my eyes, I see a tall figure holding Kyle's wrist, the person's face hidden by a hoodie.

"What the hell man? Let me go." Kyle exclaims, pulling away from the man who even though he just helped me, I'm still kind of scared of.

Kyle's hand is dropped and the man grabs him by the throat, squeezing visibly hard until Kyle starts to lose focus.

"If you lay a hand on her ever again, I will rip your tongue from your head and make you swallow it." The man threatens. I recognize that voice, the raspiness that I thought was so hot.

Kyle gives me one last look before walking out another man in a dark hoodie following him. The tall man turns to me, looking down and taking his hood off, his hair falling over his eyes.

"Are you ok?" He asks, looking at my side, now a deep blue and sore. I nod slowly, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Why are you here?" I ask as the second man comes back, taking his hood off and ruffling his hair.

"We came for a drink and he recognized your hair." River says as he too looks at my side. "That looks terrible, do you need a ride home?"

I shake my head. "I'm fine, I need to make a certain amount by tonight and I really can't leave now." I share as I cover myself, now feeling self conscious about being partially naked.

"How much?" Kai asks, pulling out his wallet from a bag. I put my hands up in protest. I want to work for my money, not get it handed to me. He pulls a wad of cash out, not even counting before he puts it in my hand.

"I-I can't take this. I need to work for it or I'll feel helpless." I admit as I try to hand it back. Kai just shakes his head and crosses his arms, taking a scary looking pose.

"Let us take you home, I can stay and make sure that creep doesn't show up." River says as he holds his hand out. I nod as they lead me to the back, both standing at the doors while I grab my stuff and leading me out to my car.

"This is yours?" Kai asks, looking at my car. I nod embarrassedly, I can see the Mercedes keys in his hand.

"I'll ride with you and Kai will tag along to make sure you're not being followed." River says as he opens my passenger seat door for me. I get in with a small smile as he takes my keys and starts driving.

"Did you hurt him? The guy that was grabbing me?" I finally ask as we sit in silence. River shrugs and leans back comfortably.

"I broke his arm, he probably headed straight to the hospital." He says, glancing over. "Did you not want me to?"

"No no, I'm thankful. I just, no ones ever done anything about him before." I say quietly. River gives me a sad look as he pats my leg.

"Where's your daughter tonight?" He asks as I direct him to my apartment.

"She's asleep at home. I didn't want to leave her but I had to work and I couldn't find anyone to watch her." I say, ashamed of what a bad mother I am.

"When we get there just make sure she's ok and relax. I can make you something to eat while you change." He says. I nod as he pulls into the parking lot with Kai following behind us, parking next to my car.

"Mommy?" I hear as I open the door. I feel my heart breaking as Tavia sits on the couch crying. I run over and hold her in my arms as she hugs me back.

"What's wrong honey? I'm so sorry I left you." I whisper as I kiss her bed head. She sniffs and rubs her eyes.

"I tripped getting out of my bed and I hurt my knee but I couldn't find you." She says as she shows me her scraped and bloodied knee. I knew I should have asked to get these floors done, all of the splintered wood.

"I'm sorry honey, I had to work and make some money. I'm so sorry you were here alone." I say, practically begging her to forgive me although I know she will.

"It's ok mommy, you need money for the home and my food right?" She asks as I nod slowly. "Who are they?" She points to the boys as they stand in the doorway.

"That's River and Kai, Brooke's big brother and his friend." I explain to her and I pick her up and hug her.

"The taller one looks like Prince Charming." She whispers as she stares at Kai. I laugh lightly and roll my eyes as I sit her on the counter, grabbing the medical bin.

"Were you ok tonight, other than your knee?" I ask as I use water to clean the scrape. She nods.

"A guy stopped by and kept knocking on the door. You always tell me never answer the door so I didn't, but the guy said he's my daddy." She says. I freeze and stare at the counter as my stomach balls up. He knows where we live...

"Ok honey, I don't know who that man was but good job not answering the door." I say as I try not to scare her. "All better, can you go back to bed now?" I ask.

"Ya. Goodnight, goodnight Prince Charming and other guy." She says as she waves to the boys before going to her room. River laughs lightly and Kai even smirks.

"He knows where I live. He knows where Tavia lives." I whisper as I sit on the chair and put my head in my hands.

"Roxi, who is that guy?" River asks gently as he kneels in front of me. I look to Tavia's door to make sure it's shut before speaking.

"Her father, an old boyfriend who like to... speak with his fists. He got me kicked out of my house because he wanted a baby and I said no. He didn't listen." I say bitterly.

River frowns, taking a seat next to me as Kai just stands in the same spot, unmoving. "I'm sorry Roxi, you're probably terrified right now." He says as he rubs my back. I just nod as I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"How much money would you need for a new place?" Kai asks, grabbing out a different wallet from his bag again. How much money does this man just carry around on him?

"I'm not saying, I don't need your money." I say as I grab my bag and pull out everything I made, plus the money from him. "How much did you give me?" I ask.

"I don't know, probably a hundred thousand." He says and I swear I choke on the words.

"One hundred thousand?" I manage as I stare at the floor. "I can't take it, take it back." I say as I grab the neatly rolled cash and shove it into his chest.

"No." He says as if I'm the one causing the problem.

"I won't take that much money, you could need it one day." I say as I take his hand and put the wad in it. He stares me in the eye and leans down, grabbing my wrist with a firm but somehow gentle grip.

"You will take it." He states, not letting go of me.

"You're acting like this is some kind of childish dare! I can't take that much money from anyone without feeling guilty." I say angrily.

"If it's a dare you want it's a dare you'll get." He says as he closes my hand around the money. "I dare you to take this money for you and your daughter."

I stare at him in disbelief. "Well I dare you to take it back." I say as I try to hand it to him. He just dodges me and crosses his arms again.

"You'll never win." River says from behind me. I look back as he sits with a smirk on his face. "How much do you need to afford a new place? And I mean one with good flooring and air conditioning." He says, fanning himself.

"Everything decently nice is over four hundred thousand, I can't afford that." I say as River nods.

"I'm sorry but you shouldn't have to live somewhere where your daughter is getting cuts from just tripping, plus someone knows where you live. I've got a few rooms at my place you guys can stay in."

"W-Huh? No I can't. I can't accept that." I say as my heart beats through my chest. "I need to be responsible and-"

"Getting out of here is responsible. If it makes you feel better I'll charge you rent. Five hundred per month for the both of you, food and everything included." He says as I look at Tavia's door. "You know it's better than staying here."

I nod as I feel my eyes water again. This night is going terribly, he found us, Tavia got hurt, and now I need to give in to peoples help.

"We can have a moving truck here by morning and have you guys settled before we need to leave for that dinner." River says as he texts someone.

"I really don't think I can eat right now, thank you guys for everything." I say as I walk to the door to let them out.

"I'd like to stay here." Kai says, the first thing he's said in a while. "I don't trust that guy not to come back."

I nod slowly, looking at the one ripped up couch.

"You're both welcome to stay, I only have the couch and my room." I say awkwardly. The boys look at each other and nod.

"He'll take the couch and I'll take the floor, keep your bed." River says as I nod and give a small wave as a goodnight. As soon as I shut my door I break down.

I've always tried to teach Tavia to work for things, she's only 4 but she's really starting to understand it. I know leaving here is what's best for her but I'm scared I'll seem hypocritical for letting them help us. She'll understand we had to move, I'll tell her it's because she hurt herself and that's not ok. God, this is the worst day I've had in a while.

There's a knock at my door and I wipe my eyes before opening it. River has a glass of water and a small smile.

"I can hear you crying, here." He says softly as he sets the glass on my small nightstand. He helps me into my bed and covers me with the blanket before sitting on the edge.

"Thank you, you're really nice." I say timidly as I cuddle my pillow.

"No problem, would you uh... I can stay here if you want, in case you just need to talk?" He asks, a small smile on his face. I nod and move over, letting him crawl into the bed as he turns off my light.

"Thanks." I whisper as he stares at me through the darkness. He just nods once but keeps eye contact, his soft hazel eyes reflecting off the streetlights. I can't help myself but lean forwards and hug him.

"You're welcome." He whispers and places a light kiss on my forehead before I close my eyes and we both fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76K 5.7K 44
"I'm assuming that little speech was meant for me?" "It was meant for everyone." "But mostly me. Is it because I called her selfish earlier? Are you...
2.4M 91.8K 37
I got into my Mercedes Benz and made my way out of the parking lot. I was driving while listening to some music when I caught sight of a blonde girl...
8.4K 138 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
23.5K 1.5K 40
A saga of making her his. A saga where in the process of making her his he breaks the girl with whom he fell in love with. *Blurp* I flinch when the...