unpredictable - Sirius Black

By m0nsterBl0od

NO LONGER WRITING-FINISHES WITH NO ENDING LIKE LITERALLY ENDS AT THE MOST RANDOM TIME WITHOUT ACTUALLY ENDING... More

disclosure
who are you?
Going home(ch.1)
1st impressions matter(ch.2)
Glances from afar(ch.3)
Disrupted peace(ch.4)
An evening ending in bliss...(ch.5)
dreaming (ch.6)
compromise(ch.7)
classroom boredom (ch.8)
unwanted attention(ch.9)
jealousy can sting(ch.10)
mutual understanding (ch.11)
realisation(ch.12)
Detention(ch.13)
Walks In The Forest(ch.14)
Broom cupboards(ch.15)
The Common Room(ch.16)
Bad Decisions(ch.17)
More Coincidences(ch.18)
Hidden truths(ch.19)
Yellow flowers(ch.20)
Guess who(ch.21)
Butterflies(ch.22)
Preparations(ch.23)
Bonfire Activities(ch.24)
Dancing & Drinking(ch.25)
Drunken Conversations(ch.26)
Endings and Beginnings(ch.27)
Late Night Talks(ch.28)
Conflict(ch.29)
Quidditch Practise(ch.30)
November Days(ch.31)
November Nights(ch.32)
lil reminder
Helping Hands(ch.33)
Train Rides(ch.34)
Short Winter Nights(ch.36)
armour(ch.37)
Christmas(ch.38)
expect the unexpected(ch.39)
How lovely(ch.40)
new year, same drama (ch.41)
February weather (ch.42)
amortentia(ch.43)
Amber love (ch.44)
sundays (ch.45)
Remus (ch.46)
end of the night(ch.47)

Long Winter Days(ch.35)

931 36 14
By m0nsterBl0od

Squinting your eyes open, you slowly awoke. Rolling over, you pulled your silk bed sheets over your head, letting out a groan. Your head was pounding and you felt like absolute shit. For the last couple of days, you had taken the opportunity of getting black out drunk, every single night. You were hungover, to say the least.

The saddest part of it all was that you were alone during this tragic episode.

Sitting up, you looked around the room. Clothes messily flung on the floor, cups collected on the dresser, cig stumps on your table. It was a complete mess, your morals for cleanliness had really gone out the window recently.

Just as you were about to collapse back down, you smelt the familiar cooking of your house elf. Based off your senses alone, you assumed it was bacon and maybe eggs of some kind, paired with toast.

Before stumbling out of the dark and messy room, you grabbed an old knitted jumper that you had stole from Sirius a few weeks back. You'd all gone to hogsmeade for the day and not realising how cold it would be, brought only a thin jacket. Sirius being the charming gentleman he was, didn't waste any time before giving it to you, smirking and smiling whenever he'd see you wear it.
It was a fun day, you'd all gone to the muggle markets afterwards, finding an American style diner, staying there for hours, sheltering from the snow.

Song after song played, from Bowie, to Fleetwood Mac, to Queen, to Hendrix, to The Beatles; that place knew good music. Obviously James and Sirius couldn't help but be in the centre of the room, dancing and singing away, somehow dragging you to dance with them. Staying there for hours and hours until the sky was black. For you all to arrive late back to Hogwarts and get scolded by McGonnagul. It was truly a day that you would always remember.

The jumper was dark grey, with patches where holes had ripped and then been stitched up with some different material. The stitching was messy and plucked out, you could tell he tried to repair it himself, you found it rather cute. Even after many many washes, it still smelt of him. The recognisable smell of smoke and cherries. It was heavenly.

Along with the jumper, you grabbed your big sunglasses, in the hopes of helping your eyes.

You made your way down the grand staircase, your warm skin colliding with the cold floors. Paintings decorated every wall and light was beaming through the wide windows. The house had a blue atmosphere, as if the windows were tinted, projecting the prussian aura around the aged building.
Quickly you found yourself in the dining room.

It was a large space, with a long table stretched to opposite ends of the room. Candle sticks were placed at the centre of the table and chairs were placed around the edge.

Walking closer, you could see there was a range of foods on the table, from toast, to cereal, to eggs, to bacon and sausages and pancakes and fruits. It was a lot.
You sat down, pouring yourself a glass of water. Half of you wanted the food, the other half, not so much. Gawking at it all, you didn't know if you could eat it.

You reluctantly put a piece of bacon and a slice of toast on your plate. You knew Sirius wouldn't be happy but, what he doesn't know can't hurt him, you thought before biting into the crispy bacon.

Once again you zoned out, food in hand whilst in your mind. You wondered what everyone else was doing. They were with their families you knew that but, what did they do? Lily adored her family, so you knew she'd be happy. Sirius was with the Potters and Remus, you assumed would also be with his family, though he never really talked much about them.
"Miss?"
Startling you awake, you gasped turning to see your house elf waiting patiently behind you.
Drowsily, you turned to see him fully.

"I didn't know you were there " you stated smiling at him,

"Sorry for giving you a fright miss y/l/n, is the food not okay for you miss? I can get you something else if you'd prefer" He offered genuinely

Sighing, "Oh no the foods.. amazing-great!..I'm just not hungry, i'm not exactly in the best state...if you know what i mean"

"Yes miss,may i suggest that you..refrain from such activities tonight, for tomorrow is Christmas and it would be a shame-"

"Tomorrow's Christmas? Oh for Merlins sake, i haven't even got my friends presents yet" You huffed, getting up and angrily walking up the stairs. You were not a morning person.

"Shit"

Reaching your room, you quickly scanned through your wardrobe for something to wear. You went with the classic baggy jeans, keeping on Sirius' jumper, before putting on a bra and some deodorant. Yanking your boots off of the ground you fumbled with your laces, not caring if they weren't tied properly.

You got your bag, before looking in the mirror.

Makeup smudged and dark circles under your eyes; not having time to make a hangover potion, you grabbed your sunglasses, once again.

- - -

Strolling through the crowded and bustling street of Diagon Alley, you knew exactly what to buy.

Snow was on every inch of the ground, perched on top of the buildings and falling right in front of you. Christmas decorations purposely placed in shop windows and on shop fronts. Bright lights delicately hung from building to building, lampposts guiding the way. It was a sight you knew that. You never really saw the fascination with Christmas like everyone else, maybe it was because of how you were brought up but even still, in your eyes it was a waste on money, a waste of time and just not important.

You had already bought James',Lily's and Remus' presents, you got James a joke book along with a fancy lighter, since he was always robbing yours and not knowing what else to get him, decided to give him the 8 galleons that he gave you at the start of the year.

For Lily, you got her a pocket knife with her initials engraved, a photograph of the two of you and an ABBA vinyl, as they were her new found obsession. And for Remus, a big book on philosophy that you knew he wanted, and a stack of chocolate along with a packet of cigarettes.

Only Sirius and Regulus left. You weren't gonna bother to buy Peter anything, he was being a dick at the moment.

You were baffled as to what to get them both. As much as they pretend they're completely different from one another, they definitely share some similar qualities.

Walking into an old looking building, with brick walls and dimly lit lanterns outside the entrance, you were hit with the smell of wax and perfume. It was an art shop, a very old one.

Stepping through, on your left was the counter, underneath, a glass shelf case, with old antique jewellery boxes and beautiful crystals.

On your right, there were big shelves of pottery, mugs and vases all delicately crafted. Around the room were baskets, filled with boxes of quills and bright pastels.

The room was empty, no one else was inside, the only noise coming from the record player at the front of the room, playing classical wizard music.

Towards the back of the room, the walls were plastered with paintings and artwork. You noticed a shelf filled with notebooks, putting your glasses on your head and walking over, you picked one up. Regulus was good at drawing, even though he wouldn't admit it. Flicking through, the pages were blank, it was of good quality so you decided to go with that. Looking for some pencils to go with you found a box, one that read,

Paisanders pencils,
they bring the drawing to life.

Hm, they'll do. Walking back to the front of the shop, you arrived back at the till, only for there to be an old woman sat there changing the record.

She had her back turned to you as she began humming to the tune. She was tall and thin. Her skin was dark brown and she had a grey afro, whilst wearing a silk, light pink gown with feathers, one you might see in an old Hollywood movie.
After a few minutes of standing and waiting for her to turn around, you coughed impatiently.

She turned around to face you, her face relaxing and smiling widely at you. For an old woman, she looked amazing. Barely any wrinkles, the only she had were the obvious smile lines. She had full shiny champagne lips, and subtle gold eyeshadow.
"Sorry darling, guess i was just lost in the music. How can i help you?" She spoke smoothly, a deep voice filled with confidence and elegance.

"Just these please" you said putting the items on the counter.

"Are you sure that's everything? Couldn't i interest you in one of these?" She voiced, pointing to the glass cases below, the brown jagged crystal that's centre was orange to be exact.

"Erm i don't think i'll need it thankyou" you said confused, the woman let out a hearty chuckle

"Trust me, this isn't for you, it'll go to the person these other gifts are going to" She explained, a smug smile on her face like she was hiding something.

Looking at her confused, to Regulus? you thought.
"Here let me show you"

Gently picking the crystal from the others she placed it on a miniture cushion in front of you.

"What is it?"

"This is carnelian. A very powerful crystal that helps motivate you, stimulates your creative side, gives you courage and last but not least, helps you make better life choices"

"But why would-"

"Trust me darling, he'll need it" She said with authority, as the two of you held eye contact. Sighing,
"Well when you put it like that, i guess i have to get it then" you mumbled sarcastically, crossing your arms and looking down. You heard her chuckle, as she placed the crystal in a bag.

"Also, you do know what these do right?" she asked, picking up the box of pencils.

You paused, looking at the box "They're pencils, i'm gonna guess you draw with them"

"Yes yes, be sarcastic all you want,"she said, opening the box and getting out a pencil "here"
Taking the pencil, it looked ordinary.
"What do you want me do with this?"

She huffed, "draw something" pointing to the paper. Not having the energy to deal with this woman you were about to protest
"Oh my just draw something" she spoke

Drawing a stick man in the book you looked at it for a second, nothing happened. You made eye contact with the woman once again, as she rolled her eyes at you "just wait"

As if on cue, the doodle began to move. The stick man now had a walking stick and was dancing and twirling itself around the page. The walking stick then turned into a car, as the the man then hopped in, driving off of the page.
Looking back at the woman astonished, she had a knowing smile on her face.

"Incredible isn't it. Had my friend design those a few years ago" she said proudly

"They're cool, guess they're not suitable for drawings that you want to stay on the page?" you stated handing her the money.

"No no but they are fun" " Do you like my gown?" she said changing the subject. The gown in question was beautiful, clinging to her slim frame, and being tied in a bow at the centre of her waist.

"It's lovely" you said genuinely

"Yes i know, i made it myself" she grinned

"Really?"

"Hmhm, when one is an artist, the only person they will truly ever need, is themselves. Why buy something when i can make it for better quality? That's what my mother always said", she smiled as she began boxing the gifts. Drifting into your thoughts, you now needed to get Sirius something. Maybe something for his motorcycle? No, that's too boring. How about something to do with astrology? You'd figure it out when you get there

"There" she smiled handing you a bag ", and here's a tip, if you go right around the corner and up the steps, on your left you will find what you're looking for, i'm sure you're silver eyed friend will love it darling" she grinned wisely

"What? But how-"

"Nevermind how, just go there. Also, take this"
Handing you a rough looking light purple crystal.

"I'm not spending more money on crystals"

"No need, it's on the house. This is lepidolite."

"I suppose you're gonna tell me this gives you manners or something"

She laughed before shaking her head "It's always good to heal your wounds young lady, even if they're not physical ones"
she gave a small smile, as you looked at her confused

"-now go get out," she motioned for you to leave "You should never stay in one place for too long, another thing my mother taught me now go shoo" Abruptly you made your way out,

"Oh and have a wonderful Christmas dear"

Opening the the door you stopped to face her, "You too"

Giving her one last smile, you left the shop, heading for the one she suggested.

- - -

It was a short walk to wherever you were going. The sun was now slowly fading away, as the winter skies washed over.

Standing in front of a secluded building. You peered inside through the window, from what you could see it was dark and dusty. Is this the right place or what?

Being too tired to care, you waltzed into the establishment. Globes and telescopes filled the room. The floors were dark oak and a flight of stretched out stairs were directly in front of you. Looking around, star charts and architectural drawings filled the walls. There were a few people in the building, mostly sat down reading some books.

Walking up the steps, you were met with an entire library on the right and more shop based things on the left.

After a while of looking around you settled on a small telescope and a ring. You knew he wanted a telescope as he never shut up when he'd see one for sale in the papers and the ring, well you had seen it and it intrigued you. It was a chunky circular ring, with a symbol engraved into it. You'd recognised the symbol from divination class as the symbol of the grim. It consisted of intertwining triangles surrounded by runes. You thought of him when you saw it as his animagus looked like the grim, you hoped that he would like it.

The telescope was the more expensive out of the two, but that didn't matter as you have plenty of money to spend.

- - -

The clock struck 8. It was now completely dark outside and you were bored out of your mind. The house was still, as you were sat in the living room reading. Candles lit around the room and a crackling fire keeping you warm. Just your typical Christmas eve night. Maybe you should go write to your friends, you hadn't spoken to them for a few days. Just as you were about to get up and go find your quill, you heard beeping from outside. Like a car horn.

The first time, you ignored it, then they beeped again, which is when you heard shouting. Getting up and leaving the living room, you put on your boots, to go and see what was going on. Then, the doorbell rang, then rang again, then again and again like an impatient child would do.

You were getting really annoyed, storming through the hallways, right to your front door, you undid the locks and yanked your door open. Expecting a choir or some stupid kids, you were completely shocked when you were met with neither, instead the familiar tall boy with glasses.

"HERE SHE IS" James bellowed excitedly, turning his head and giving a thumbs up to the car parked in front of the garden. "Well, you getting in then?" he motioned back to the car a giant smile on his face.

"What the actual fuck"

————————————————————————

IM BACK BITCHES SORRY FOR THE LONG LONG WAIT I JUST FINISHED MY EXAMS AND IM READY TO WRITE AGAIN 😍😇

I will be posting again this week-hopefully and yeah u should get updates more now ☺️👊

lots of love -sparkle jump rope queen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 7.6K 28
In which a headstrong Muggleborn Gryffindor and a stubborn Slytherin pureblood can't say the right things to each other at the right time and must le...
6.7K 286 24
"You're the last person I expected to save me from my disastrous date.", she placed her gloved hand on his, letting herself be pulled closer. His lip...