His Soul

By huma_libra

On the wet sand beside the seashore, the strong, tall man was laying with a cigarette in his hand. His bike p... More

A/N ATTENTION
PROLOGUE
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Sorry :(
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (part 1)
Chapter 28 (part 2)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 1

17.5K 667 219
By huma_libra

Leaving the operating room, the young woman wearing the blue scrubs directly headed to her office, allowing her colleague to inform the family outside the room about the results of the operation.

Entering the lady's washroom she took of her bloody hand gloves, threw them in the dustbin, turned on the basin, and splashed water on her face.

The consequences of working hours upon hours were visible in her body. She looked at herself in the mirror. Pale face, dark circles under her eyes, furrowed eyebrows, fatigue were evident on her face. A yawn of exhaustion left her mouth. She sighed deeply. Washing her face again, she left from there to her cabin.

In her beige-themed cabin, slightly to the left was her rustic wooden table, on top of that was her MackBook, a lamp, a pen holder, and some other papers. A small closet behind it. Not far from the table was a large window. Since her room was on the 5h floor and there were no big buildings around the hospital as the area around it was pretty much open. Thus sunlight could easily enter the room through the window and illuminate the room naturally. On the right were a hospital bed and a clock on the wall. An ensuite bathroom at the far corner of the room.

Entering her cabin, she kept her stethoscope on the table thus her gaze went to a certain photo that made her lips adorn in a smile. Only a photo of him was enough to make her smile happily.

Taking her clothes from the closet she was about to enter the washroom to change but a nurse burst through her door suddenly, panting heavily.

"It's an emergency," she breathed out.

"But it's past my working hour." She furrowed her eyebrows confused.

"But ma'am the supervisor has asked for you. You have to attend this one too," the nurse said sadly as she knew how tired the doctor was.

"Ok, you go. I am coming."

The nurse nodded and left the cabin.

She couldn't deny it, she had to do it as it was her job, her life. The life of Dr. Habiba Abedin.

Her profession was not easy for her as it took a lot of hard work. since it was stressful emotionally. She had to go through a lot.

Seeing them cry and their heart-wrenching wail wasn't something that she enjoys in her job. But those were not enough for her to give up.

The happiness that reflected in their eyes and the bright smile on their faces made her feel like she had won a battle.

That's why she never gave up, no matter how hard the situation was. Even though she was losing the battles of life, she was still winning.

Habiba puffed out a breath and pouted as her kingpin boss asked for her again.

With a screaming stomach demanding food, she dragged her feet to the operating room, ignoring the stomach's protest.

She was surprised when she set foot in the operating room as most of the seniors were there in the room, she had never attended any case with that many seniors.

A hustle and bustle were going on there as everyone was running here and there preparing for the operation.

A nurse came to her and gave the patient's information notebook.

Name Hasim Ibtyaj.

Age: 60

She read all the information about the patient and looked up when one of the prominent doctors of her department, her supervisor, Dr. Alham called her.

"Yes, sir!"

"You will perform the operation perfectly and there should not be any mistake or error," he said sternly.

"Ok, sir but are we all going to operate?" she said directing all the doctors in the room.

"No, only the 8 of you," he said pointing to the 7 other doctors who were the best of the best cardiac surgeon in the city moreover the country.

Her eyes widened to hear that.

"But sir, the case is not that seri...." she tried to say but her speech was cut short, " I don't want to hear another word about how the case is or why 8 of you will have to do it. The client is very important so not a single mistake. Am I clear?" he said oppressively as if he was scolding a child for nothing.

She grumbled under her breath and mumbled forcibly," Yes, sir"

He nodded his head, fixing his spectacles that tilted slightly on his nose.

"Since I have taught you guys well, I believe you all will do the operation successfully. Best of luck," saying that he looked around one last time and left the room.

She walked forward where the patient was kept in the middle of the room, laying on the bed unconscious, under the operating lights, monitors attached to his chest, oxygen mask on his nose, and 7 of them around his bed.

She greeted the team and one of them from the team spoke up," You look awful." John who was her good friend said scrunching up his nose.

"It would be awful if I didn't look like this since I have a kingfish supervisor and a kingpin boss." Her voice was dripping with sarcasm.

Everyone laughed at her silliness and the nickname she gave to her supervisor and boos.

From the first day, Dr. Alham had been so strict with all of them. He didn't show an ounce of mercy on them since they all were newbies still he made them work like a robot.

Although he was very strict he had been a very good teacher to them. He taught them a lot and his teaching was the best for any medical student and newbies could ever have.

But his strictness still overpowered his teaching skill.

And about her boss, let it be a story for another time.

"Rough day, huh," Jhon said raising an eyebrow.

"It just started, the rest is yet to come," she said dismally.

After preparing everything they were ready for the surgery. She did a quick dua in mind.

بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ(In the name of Allah, Most Gracious​, Most Merciful ) saying that she started.

Once they hooked up the patient to monitors they did what's called a timeout, which was a safety check.

"All right, timeout, " Habiba called.

The patient had what's called aortic stenosis.

The valve at the top of the heart called the aortic valve had become very tight over time and as a consequence, his heart had to work extra hard to try to push the blood through that tight valve. When all the blood couldn't go forward it started backing up and it backs up into the lungs and it caused shortness of breath. As a result, it caused his chest pain because the heart working extra hard. So they were going to replace the valve.

"Okay, you can ventilate both lungs," one of them told her.

After two long hours, the operation finally ended successfully. It was a straightforward case so everything went well.

"I am going to tell the family," saying that Habiba removed her gloves, mask and went outside.

Coming out of the room Habiba saw a beautiful woman maybe in her mid-fifties accompanied by a young man of her age sitting eagerly on the waiting chair in the corridor.

Her heart pained to see the woman's state as her cheeks were puffy, eyes were swollen and bloodshot due to crying.

Seeing her the woman bolted towards her and asked," How is my husband?"

Flashback

The phone fell from Shahnaz Begum's hand on the polished tiled floor, making a crashing sound proving the phone had broken.

The maid, Razia bi, who was going to the kitchen heard the noise and sprinted towards that to see what happened. Arriving in the living room she was shocked to see her Bari-Malkin in a terrified state trembling abundantly.

"Bari bibi, ap thik hai?"

Hearing her Shahnaz Begum reached out her hand to hold her as she couldn't stand properly.

The maid ran to hold her and sat her on the couch. She called for another maid to bring a glass of water for her Bari Bibi.

Shahnaz Begum touched Razia Bi's shoulder to seek her attention and said that "Ask the driver to bring out a car, call your chote saheb and tell him that his father became sick and he has been hospitalized. Tell him to come to the hospital quickly," she breathed out.

Razia Bi gasped to learn that about her Bari-Saheb. But she didn't ask her anything about it as she knew it was not the right time.

She helped Shahnaz Begum to drink the water and helped her to go out of the mansion as she had asked the guard to bring out a car earlier through another maid.

Shahnaz Begum hopped inside the car and told the driver to drive towards her destination.

Burak Ibtyaj, the youngest son of the Ibtyaj family was terrified when he got a call from his family driver, Rashab that his dad fainted after a meeting with some unknown client.

He informed his brothers and sisters immediately and head towards the hospital where his mom was all alone.

Reaching the hospital, he rushed to the 6th floor where his dad was admitted. Arriving there he saw her mom crying, sitting on the chair in front of the operation room.

Realizing that his dad's operation was going on, fear spiraled inside him but he stayed strong for his mom.

"Ammi," he called.

Hearing her son's voice he extended her hands towards him who ran to her and hugged her.

She hugged her son and a sob left her mouth as she was sobbing her heart out the next second.

Suddenly the operating light went off and a young beautiful doctor came out of the room. They both stood up abruptly and rushed towards her.

"We are all done with surgery. Everything went well. We replaced the valve. He is fine now Alhamdulillah." Habiba informed them of the good news.

The woman closed her eyes, they both sighed deeply, and relief crossed over their face and it brought tears of happiness in the woman's eyes. The boy's eyes became slightly moist too but he quickly wiped them off.

Expressing their gratitude to their Lord, Allah, the woman asked, "Can we see him now?"

"Yeah after we move him in the ICU. He is unconscious now and yeah remember that only one person can enter the room at a time and he should not be disturbed at any coast, that means no breakdown, no noise in the room. Please stay strong. He will fine like before soon Insha'Allah." She smiled at them, telling them to be strong.

Shahnaz Begum smiled at her, fascinated by her generosity. Keeping her hand on the doctor's head wrapped with hijab, she caressed her head as if to bless her.

Habiba was astonished by her act, she looked down as she was shy suddenly.

"May Allah bless you with all the happiness that could ever exist in the world." She patted her cheek lovingly as she made dua for her.

Her act brought a blush to Habiba's face, since she was a stranger to her, she was shy, she mumbled a quick Ameen and excused herself from there.

Shahnaz Begum smiled looking at her drifting form.

Going to her cabin, she changed her clothes hurriedly in a loose white t-shirt, beige skirt, and a brown cardigan over her shirt. Taking her purse, phone, she closed the window, switched off all the electric devices, she walked out of her cabin speedily. She looked at her watch, it was already 9:30 pm in the night.

Her hand started to sweat as she was in trouble. Double trouble in a day. Could her day be worse than that?

Fixing her hijab on her way to the elevator, she wasn't paying attention to her way. And the result of her stupidity occurred the next moment when she bumped into a wall.

She hitched as it hurt her forehead, rubbing her forehead she looked up to glare at the wall but the moment she looked up all her anger replaced with her jaw-dropping on the ground.

It wasn't a wall she bumped into, it was a living human more like a rock.

Eyes widened, with parted lips she was gaping at him as a teenager gaped at her first crush. She had never in her life seen any male as good-looking as the man standing in front of her.

Midnight black slightly curly hair, straight prominent nose, high defined cheekbones, jaw sharper than a knife, broad shoulder, sea rover almond-shaped hypnotizing blue eyes, at a height of about 6'3 feet he had it all. He was enormously handsome.

"Do you walk with your eyes in hand or are you done with using your sense?" A deep husky voice dragged her back from her fading sense.

She quickly looked down and muttered Astagfirullah, thinking that she was drooling at him she cringed in her mind.

"Sorry," she apologized softly which didn't have anything to warm his heart or had it?

"Fu***** blind." He stormed away from there annoyed.

His curse caught her attention as she furrowed her eyebrows at his rudeness.

"Why he had to be so rude? He looks so handsome, but his behavior is just the opposite. I take my word back. He looked like a garbage can. Such a beautiful face for such an ugly person. What a waste," she thought.

She got out of the hospital, the outside's cool breeze touched the warmth of her cheek as soon as she came into the entrance of the hospital. She stopped for a while and closed her eyes, the breeze ruffled the hem of her hijab and made her skirt move as if it was alive. She breathed a sigh of relief although her whole body was aching like hell for standing hours after hours.

Suddenly the reminding of upcoming trouble made her eyes popped open. She ran to her car and got into the car quickly.

Her stomach grumbled as she was hungry like never before. She pouted, she thought it was just double trouble but that blue-eyed jerk helped to make it triple trouble.

"Oh, Allah, please make it easy for me. Please, please, please make the upcoming trouble easy for me, Allah Ta'lah." She looked up at the sky and prayed way too dramatically.

She roared the car to life and drove towards her home.

After driving for 30 minutes she finally saw the cozy white house with beige trim that would attract everyone's eyes at first among all the houses in that area.

She stopped in front of the garage and stepped out of the car.

Walking to the front porch she brought the keys out of her purse, pushed them into the keyhole, and opened the room.

A very messy living room and the wailing of a baby welcomed her when she entered the house.

Looked like she wouldn't have a good night's sleep after a troubled day at work.

Why?

Cause she had to handle her third trouble which was to calm down her crying son and that was nowhere near easy.

Yeah, she was a mother and blessed with a lovely son who was the love of her life, her everything, her son Zayn Abedin.

**************

Cold Skin, Drag My Feet On The Tile

As I Am Walking Down The Corridor

I Know We Haven't Talked In Awhile

So I Am Looking For An Open Door

*****************

Thanks a lot to @smwritesalot who helped me to edit the chapter. I Love You 3000 Saroosh...

...................

Assalamualaikum Readers...

I hope you all liked it...

Don't forget to comment and vote......

I love you all......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 946 51
'No....'she spoke anxiously in anger, her rose-tinted lips trembling, and tears welled up in her eyes. hearing 'No' from her mouth, it felt like my...
363K 45.9K 66
A battle of love between two people of different world. One is used to having a social and stable life and the other has to work hard in other to hav...
551K 24.3K 41
He was the Man who preferred darkness. She was the Woman who preferred brightness. He preferred Loneliness. She preferred Togetherness. He had suf...
1M 36.3K 56
"Leave me"...I struggled hard ...but his grip was too tight around my waist.. . "Never in a million years....love..... you are mine"he said... . "I'...