The Cursed Relic

By AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... More

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 13

4.1K 214 29
By AvaFics

~*~

Gotham Alley, Ainchleim Central Capital..

A hooded person lurked in the shadows of the cold quiet street. The man slipped through the moderately high walls of every house and buildings.

He arrived at the end of the alley and entered it. The place was abandoned on the outside, but it was cleanly taken care of on the inside.

The person walked through the only way where 'that person' is. Standing infront of a door, he knocked.

''Come in.'' A small feminine voice gave permission from the inside.

He opened the door and saw her sitting on her chair as she played the knife on her hand.

''I have arrived, m'lady.'' The man greeted while kneeling on one leg.

''You're here, Carlos.''

The woman said and looked at him. She was a very attractive and beautiful lady in mid-20's, with her deep burgundy brown hair that waves down her waist, her glossy cerulean eyes that reflects the ocean, perfect curved body and her apple red lips.

''What did you find?'' She asked the man named Carlos.

''Nothing suspicious in political views as of now, m'lady.''

''Is that so? How about the personal matters?'' The lady added.

''There is one thing, milady. According to the other spies on the manor, they heard that the duke is planning to transfer his trading marks in other places soon. I believe this may also expand his business for the areas that didn't have a chain of his property.'' Carlos stated.

''Oh, so he's trying to overpower the other business influences eh? That man isn't as stupid as I thought. What else?''

''They recieved a few credits from Aphen Household and created a good relationship with them only a few weeks ago.''

''Aphen Household? Marquis William Geord Aphen's?''

''Yes, m'lady.''

''My, my, not only were they expanding their money maker but also their man power and connections. This will be troublesome.'' She said.

Carlos raised his head. ''Shall I take care of them..?''

''No. They have been suspecting us for quite some time, you should know yourself. Don't do something rash or everything we have worked hard for will crumble down.''

''Yes, I apologize. I will do as you say.''

''Good.''

''Do you need me for anything else, m'lady?''

''I have been waiting for that question to come.''

''May I recieve the orders?''

''Find him. He can't run away for too long, we need his power. As one of the most powerful wizards in Dehnsiara Continent, and the only neutral one, he may have the ability to recreate the seal.'' She said.

He bowed his head and answered.

''Your wish is my command.''

***

Razon Manor

Rosh is relaxing at his room's balcony while gently rubbing his ring. He have been thinking for awhile, he have already tied Diego on his side and will soon constrain the headmaster of Blueclyne. Moreover, their birthday banquet is coming soon in less than two months.

''Troublesome.'' He muttered.

He have to execute his upperhand preparations. Befriending the ones in the society with high-standing and influential family.

*knock knock knock*

''Come in.''

Yves, along with Hugo, opened the door and entered his room.

''Greetings, young master.'' They both stated.

''Hugo, Yves, what is it?'' Rosh asked.

''Your brother, young master Josh, requested for us to have a walk in the back garden, young master.'' Hugo was the one who answered.

''My brother..?''

Rosh furrowed his brows, confused as to why his twin wanted to have a walk with him. Is he planning something? Rosh almost shooked his head.

'No. Josh is too innocent to even think of something like that.'

''Young master?''

He snapped out of his thinking when he heard Yves' voice, it seemed like he spaced out too much. Rosh smiled.

''Of course, let's go.''

-

''Your here, brother!'' Josh excitingly said as his ocean blue eyes greeted straight to Rosh's blood red eyes, he hanged his arm on Rosh's shoulders. Rosh wanted to slap his arm away but he couldn't. Yves, Hugo, and Josh's servants are still there. He can never show such actions to them.

Rosh only smiled. ''Yes, I was surprised when I heard you wanted to take a walk.''

''Oh come on, it's been a while. We always take walks when we were little.'' Josh said. Rosh wanted mock him.

'Childish.'

''Haha, why? Are you still a baby?'' Rosh joked while there's a hidden insult under his words.

''No, I'm not a baby! Even adults take walks, you know.'' Josh defended.

''Okay, okay. Haha.''

The Razon twins went to the wide and beautiful garden at the back of the manor. It was full of colorful flowers and neat grasses. The scent of the plants was also refreshing.

''So, don't you think this is great? I've been so busy with my tutor lately, but it was fun learning things! What about you brother?'' Josh asked.

''It was..alright. I get along very well with my teacher.''

''That's good then! If you have free time, why don't we train swordsmanship together, brother?'' Josh suggested.

Rosh wanted to show a bitter expression. He would rather read a whole stack of history books than train with Josh, but unfortunately, he couldn't say that.

''Of course, that would be great, Brother.'' Rosh answered with a smile even though he wanted to cuss.

''Yay! Thanks, brother.''

''Sure. Anyways, are you completed with your preparations? Our birthday celebration is coming.'' Rosh asked.

Josh nodded continuously. ''Well, not yet, but father and mother have already prepared my outfit for that day.''

Rosh's smile twitched as he heard Josh mention their parents. They ordered an outfit for Josh? They did that as early as sunrise for Josh when they didn't even check if he have an outfit or not.

''Really, that's great then!'' Rosh said wearing his fake happy-expression.

They continued to walk and talk with each other. The servants, specifically Josh's two maids, behind them saw this as a sweet time for the brothers, but of course, Yves eyed them, especially Rosh like a hawk. Hugo and Quen, Josh's personal knight, followed them quietly as they act like normal bodyguards.

A few hours passed, Josh and Rosh parted with their people so they could rest.

''See you next time, brother!'' Josh said as he waved his hand.

''Yeah. You too brother.'' Rosh said before he turned his back with dark expression.

Those few hours standing side by side with his twin made him feel so dirty, as if he was poisoned. He wanted to go back to his room fast so he could scrub his skin hard where Josh touched them.

'Ugh, this is gross.'

After that, dinner time came. The duke and the duchess wasn't able to come because of state affairs. So, Rosh had a peaceful supper except for Josh being a blabbermouth and kept talking about useless stuff.

Going back to his room, he took his bathe and clicked his tongue. He wasted half a day with Josh as the skies are already dark. Rosh laid on his bed and sighed.

'Such a tiring day.'

Yves dimmed the room's light. ''Goodnight, young master. Sweet dreams.''

Without waiting for answers, Yves closed the door and left. Rosh glanced at the door.

''Goodnight too, Yves. Hope you have nightmares where you can never wake up again.''

*

In the next morning, Rosh waked up very early. The whole estate was silent as the sun haven't risen yet. He stretched his body and went to his washing area. Now that his free time is running out as their birthday celebration comes, he needed to spend his days more meaningful and not just slack off.

And today, he thinks it was already time to get that.

He washed his face and went to his clothing room. Rosh wore his coat and leather boots. Then, he stepped outside and quietly went outside.

Cautiously looking around to see if there are someone awake, Rosh continued his short journey to the training area. He arrived at the location not less than 5 minutes.

Opening the warehouse where the weapons were found, Rosh walked, ignoring all the other hanging and stacked things, towards a moderate sized rectangular box at the back corner of the depository. The box was dirty and covered in dust, detailing that it wasn't touched for quite a long time. Rosh opened the box and found a group of assorted weapons such as swords, knives, spears. They were all rusty and old.

However, the thing he needed wasn't a blade or any kinds of weapon.

Rosh noticed that his ring was reacting to something and began to glow. He started to dug down under the weapons to find the thing he wanted. After taking away the useless stuff, he finally found it.

Gazing at the object in his hands, Rosh grinned victoriously. Finally!

''Josh's relic.''

Aside from Rosh, Josh also had a relic when he recieved his light blessing. Having a relic on your hands along with recieving a blessing is a very rare and gifted occurence for blessed nobles, not to mention special commoners who also recieved blessings by chance. With the help of a relic, one's magic power will boost as if it was doubled. After that, the relics owned by some people was hidden or was secretly sold to an incredible amount of gold coins.

Due to this fact, the appearance of people who obtained relics is nearly impossible except when you have great wealth and power, such as the royal family and ducal families.

Although Rosh wasn't favored, he was given a relic by chance by his grandfather who saw potential in him. Something that others never saw. That is why Rosh hid and cherished the Siltheur's emblem out of all the things he owned, for it is from someone who first genuinely understood him. His grandfather.

On the other hand, at the age of 16, when Josh recieved his blessing, he coincidentally found a relic. It was hidden under an old box in the warehouse where Rosh is currently in.

It was a precious relic, from their great great grandmother who was once a saint, the piece was as expensive as three mansions combined. The relic was a holy item.

In contrast to Rosh's relic which is cursed, Josh's relic was blessed. It was in the form of a white pin with a blue diamond crystal adhered on it.

The relic was known as 'Anselm's vitreus', meaning ''a crystal imbued with divine protection.''.

Josh's relic was believed to have given him divine protection to parry attacks with evil intentions that may cause harm to the relic's host. In the past, Rosh saw that everyone admired Josh for having such a thing, but now, Rosh have it. The thing with divine protection, it was now his!

If someone knows of this, they will think that Rosh made a useless effort for he is unable to use divine items because of his dark magic. However, with the current circumstances, Rosh doesn't need to be compatible with light, holy or divine magic at all.

With the help of Siltheur's emblem, Rosh will be able to absorb all types of energy or magic regardless of their kind. Whether it was dark, neutral, elemental or divine magic, once it was absorbed, it's automatically crafted into the magic energy compatible for the host.

Rosh held the Anselm's vitreus tightly in his palms and smiled. Thinking that Siltheur's emblem will be having a meal again after weeks of not absorbing energy.

''Now, my dear partner. Absorb.'' Just as he stated, the ring immediately pulsed a glow.

Siltheur's emblem started to suck up all the energy inside the relic, the pin's diamond gem slowly started to crack.

Rosh felt it. The power inside the relic that he took. It was magnificent, it doesn't feel uncomfortable for being a divine object but instead gave him the matching kind of mana that he has. His body got surrounded by a faint red light, he felt a bit warm but not to the point of being burnt, then it stopped.

The relic's diamond crystal lost its full color as the once deep blue turned into bluish grey. The magic inside was now residing in Rosh's body.

Rosh clenched his fists. ''Josh won't have a chance, now.''

''Magnificent! I finally found someone worthy!''

Then, Rosh jolted out of his genoflection when he suddenly heard a voice. Did he get caught? Who in the world would wake up this early in the morning? Was it the knight commander? He looked around and saw no one besides him on the warehouse.

''Am I starting to hallucinate because of my worries lately?'' Rosh mumbled under his breath.

''No, you are not hallucinating, kid.''

Again, Rosh almost lost his balance when he heard the voice. It was like someone was talking right next to him but he was absolutely alone. He started to wonder if he got the ability to hear ghost because of his dark magic.

''Who are you?'' Rosh said coldly.

''Huhu, that's exactly what I like. The image of dominance and influence to those who exhibit threat.''

''Speaking such nonsense infront of me. I asked your being's recognition. Who are you?'' Once again, Rosh said with a dark expression.

''Don't be displeased, Rosh. I only wanted to show my acclaim, my dear successor.''

Rosh gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw.

He hated being treated like this. Him being watched like a rat without any clue where the cat is. Feeling his anger rising, Rosh showed a grimace of madness, a dark aura crept up on the very floor he was stepping on.

''How do you know me? Don't hide in the dark and show yourself.'' Rosh said with a commanding tone.

''Ohohoho, what an attitude you have. Well, as you wish then, my successor.''

Slowly, Rosh's dark magic suddenly wavered. It was like, someone was trying to control his power. Figures of shadows suddenly merged infront of him as it produced a being's figure.

''You...''

''Nice to finally meet you, Rosh Edward del Razon.''

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

MATES By ~MK

Werewolf

406K 19.4K 46
Two Brothers...One Girl...One Choice Who would you choose? ~ "How Dare You?" I shoved him until he was pressed up against our sliding glass door "...
1.2K 48 43
My fingers slid down his frangible ribs, subconsciously counting each one. I stared upon his scrawny figure. My hatred had quickly turned into guilt...
782 33 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...
16.7K 340 57
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...