Against All Odds

By Dijah_Love

THE NEW GENERATION IS FINALLY HERE: Aliyah Alsina, daughter of the once infamous August Alsina. At eighteen y... More

FULL CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (PART 1)
Chapter 32 (PART 2)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73 (PART 1)
Chapter 74 (PART 2)
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Description
Against All Odds INTRO
Chapter 56

Chapter 4

72.3K 2.2K 2.6K
By Dijah_Love

Aliyah P.O.V

"Did he answer yet?" I took my phone from my ear once I heard Tyree's voicemail pick up for the seventh time today. "Nope, he still hasn't answered." I said in a sigh. Amara shook her head as she handed me my beach towel.

"Do you think he overslept or something?" I shrugged. "I don't know...maybe...but it's Senior skip day, I doubt he would be sleeping through this, all he talked about was coming to the beach today." She shook her head.

"Damn, how long did his dad have him working yesterday?" I threw my towel over my shoulder and thought for a minute. "He got off around 9:30 last night, we were on the phone for the majority of the night, until he had to go."

She lifted a brow. "Had to go? For what??" "He claimed he was tired and wanted to go to bed so he could have some energy for today, but now he's not here, and Im even more mad that he had me waiting on him for thirty minutes for a ride." I shook my head, feeling myself getting upset.

"This isn't even like Tyree, he never blows you off like this, especially if he knows he's picking you up from somewhere." I nodded my head in agreement with her. "I know." I slightly mumbled.

"Aye Li." I looked up too see Tyson walking towards Amara and I. "You know where AJ at??" I shook my head. "No, maybe's he's on the beach already, Marrisa's there, so he's probably with her." He nodded. "Ight thanks."

"...We still meetin up after the beach?" Amara smiled and nodded her head. "Of course." He smirked before walking away.

She turned to me with a huge smile on her face. "See? I told you Li-Li, he's gunna ask me to be his girl." I frowned. "Wait, I thought y'all was suppose to talk the other night when we were at the Pit?" She nodded.

"Yeah we were, we met up to talk, but not alot of talking got done if you know what I mean." I slightly rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Of course, Im not suprised." Her smile grew wider.

"You ready to get on the beach? It's filling up pretty fast." I scanned the beach and slightly sighed once I seen all the Seniors making there way into the water, setting up there spots or passing out red cups for alcohol.

I looked down at my phone and shook my head. "No, Ima just wait five more minutes for Tyree to call me, then I'll be coming." She shook her head. "Come on Li, I know your probably upset about Tyree missing Senior Skip Day, but I refuse to let you miss out because your trippin over him."

 I was silent. "Just come down to the beach for a little while and have some fun, then if he hasn't shown up, you can give him another call." I paused before sighing. "Alright, okay, fine, let's go." She smiled, quickly grabbing onto my hand before dragging me into the sand.

*****************

"And who bathing suit you got on? Is that mama's?" I rolled my eyes, getting annoyed with the sound of AJ's voice."It's mine, that's why Im wearing it." He looked me up and down before shaking his head. "I hope you brought a jacket or something, cause all yo shit is hanging out, I should call pops on yo ass."

I folded my arms across my chest and turned in my chair. "And tell him what? You saw me wearing a bathing suit at the beach...on Senior skip day?? He scratched his chin, silent.

"Yeah, let that marinate." Marissa chuckled, shaking her head at the both of us. "Can y'all two stop? Leave Aliyah and her bathing suit alone, let's just enjoy today." AJ rested his head on the back of his chair, wrapping his arms around Marissa's waist while she sat on his lap.

"Ight, I'll chill, only for you though." She smiled and pecked him on the lips, causing me to roll my eyes and look the other way.

"Why'd you let him sit over here?" She shook her head. "I invitied Marissa to sit with us, your big headed brother just followed." I sighed. "Don't you wanna go over there with Tyson and them?" I asked, fanning in there direction. "Nah, Im good right here." He flashed his annoying smile at me before looking back up Marissa.

"Im going to get a drink." Amara nodded. I stood up from my beach chair and re-adjusted my bathing suit, causing AJ to groan. "Do that shit somewhere else, and wrap your towel aorund yourself, ion need these little niggas staring at yo ass when you walking." I sighed, snatching my towel out of my chair and wrapping it around my waist.

Once I was out of AJ's sight, I unwrapped my towel from around me and threw it across my shoulder. I pulled my phone out from the side of my bikini and turned on the screen.

I sighed softly to myself once I seen I had no missed calls. I had already been here at the beach for a little over a hour and I still haven't heard a word from Tyree. I bent down in reached into the cooler infront of me and searched around for a can a soda. I pushed past all the beer bottles that were in here, and pulled out a grape soda.

"If it ain't the rich birthday girl." I closed the cooler and stood up straight once I recognized that voice. I turned around to see Meeka standing behind me with a smirk on her face.

"Im actually suprised you came, I thought you would be to bougie to be here with us regular folks." I rolled my eyes. "Everytime I see you you always have to comment on me being rich, are you that jealous that you have to bring it up every time you see me???"

She smirked. "You don't like me commenting on your family's money? Fine. Where's your rich little boyfriend? I haven't seen him, with his fine ass." I clenched my jaw, trying not to get upset.

"Why you checking for him? Last time I checked that was my concern, not yours." She opened her mouth to speak, but the sound of Cordarius' voice stopped her.

"Meek." He walked up to her, throwing his arm around her shoulder.

"What y'all over here chattin about?" She shook her head. "Nothing." He nodded. "When you got here? She smirked. "A few minutes ago, I got caught up at the house."

He frowned. "Doing what? Smashin some nigga I bet." She laughed. "Something like that, this kid spent the night with me, so you know how that goes."

I slightly scoffed, getting ready to walk away, when Cordarius called me back. I lazily turned back around to face him. "Uh Meek, DeShawn looking for you in the parking lot." She nodded and stepped out from under his arm.

He watched her walk away before turning back to me. "You know, I ain't never got a chance to apologize for what happened at ya party, I ain't mean for that to go down." I slightly frowned. "But you did, you hit Marcus first, and kept talkin shit, knowing that was gunna set him off, don't act like your remorseful now Cordarius." He smirked.

"Ight fine, Im not sorry about fighting Marcus, that was long overdue, but I do apologize for fuckin up yo lil party." I nodded as I folded my arms across my chest. "Thank you." I mumbled.

He rubbed his hands together as he licked his lips, looking me up and down. "You look good." I sighed. "Damn, why you always gotta act so salty? Im just givin you a compliment." I chuckled.

"No your not, and you know it, I know how you operate, don't act like I forgot about all the times you've tried to get with me and I turned you down, your tryna flirt with me, but Im not for it." He smiled widely.

"Damn Alsina, I guess you really do know me huh?" I nodded. He looked me up and down again. "You the only female that's turned me down so far, shit it honestly makes me wanna try harder." I rolled my eyes. "For the millionth time, I have a boyfriend, and from what I hear, don't you talk to Meeka??"

He busted out laughing. "Me and Meek? Nah, hell nah, we just real cool." I lifted a brow. "Really? Cause that's not what I heard." He dropped his hands in his trunk pockets and lifted up his chin. "What you heard then?"

"That y'all was a little bit more than friends, friends with benefits to be more exact." He rubbed his small beard and nodded. "That's half right." He started. "I smashed her a few times, but that situation is dead now, she tryna get with my nigga DeShawn now."

I scrunched up my face. "Wait, didn't she just say she was with some guy last night? Now she's tryna get with DeShawn??" He smirked and shrugged. "Aye, hoes gon hoes, that ain't none of my business." I shook my head. "But it's DeShawn like a brother to you? Aren't you gunna tell him??" He shook his head no.

"Nah, it's not like he tryna wife her up or some shit, he probably tryna get some head or fuck or something, and if he was tryna wife her, that's him." I sighed and shook my head. "Right."

He chuckled. "That's cute." I frowned and looked up at him. "What's cute??" "That your notlike that, I respect that." I nodded. "..Thanks."

"You be thinking Im playin, but Im forreal, I would drop all these hoes for you Li, you just gotta say when." He smiled at me, causing me to roll my eyes. "Bye Cordarius." I stepped around him, walking away.

"Ight, the offers still on the table, Im ready whenever you are." He said behind me." I shook my head as I walked down to the other side of the beach where everyone else was.

I turned my phone screen back on, and began to dial Tyree's number. It was going on two hours and he still hasn't showed up. I placed the phone to my ear and waited for it to start ringing. As soon as it did, I could hear Tyree's ringtone behind me.

I frowned and turned around as quickly as I could to see a smiling Tyree standing behind me. I took my phone from my ear and hung up.

"Hey bae. Im sorry about being late, I overslept." He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"I've been calling you." He nodded. "I know, I seen all the missed calls on my way over here." I frowned. "So you didn't bother to call me back?" He shook his head no.

"No, I mean I was on the way here, there was no point." I frowned. "There is a point, a point of letting me know you're okay, I haven't heard a word from you since last night when you told me you were tired."

"And I was." He started. "Hince why Im late today, look Im sorry Li, I know I was suppose to pick you up today but it was my fault for oversleeping, I promise no shit like this will ever happen again ight? I just wanna enjoy the time that Im here for since I missed damn near two hours already."

I sighed before nodding. "...Okay...yeah, alright." He smiled. "Cool, so what everybody been doing?" I shrugged. "Nothing basically chilling, they just the music set up not to long ago." He nodded and looked around the beach.

"You got in the water yet?" I shook my head. "No, I wasn't tryna get my hair wet." He chuckled. "That's too bad, cause you going in." I smirked. "Says who?"

"Daddy of course." I chuckled. "Daddy's gunna have to make me get in." He shrugged. "No problem." Before I could speak, I felt Tyree lift me up and throw me over his shoulder.

"Tyree put me down!!" I yelled. All he did was laugh as he made his way over to the water.

*************************

I snuggled up closer to Tyree, wrapping myself in his large towel. We spent almost a hour in the water, playing and getting everyone else wet. I brought my knees to my chest as I tried to finf the best angle to cover the both of us with his towel.

"You cold?" He asked, looking down at me. I sightly smirked. "How's you know." He chuckled. "I could feel your body shaking agaisnt mine, you want my shirt?" I nodded. "Yeah.

He was just about to pull his white Tee over his head for me, when AJ stopped him. "Nah, keep yo clothes on, she'll be fine." I sucked my teeth. "Shutup, Im cold." He shook his head.

"That's what you get for wearin that lil ass bathing suit, you deserve to be cold." Tyree chuckled as he reached into his trunk pocket, pullig out his car keys.

"Here bae." I took the keys from him and sat up straight. "I still got that blanket you left in my car last month, you can get that." I smiled. "Alright, I'll be back."

 I stood up from my seat and walked over to the other side of the beach where the parking lot was.

"Hey Aliyah." I turned to my right and smiled once I seen Will and his crew standing together in the parking lot."

"Hey.....did y'all just get here?" I walked over to Tyree's cae and leaned up agaisnt it. "Yeah, Marcus' car broke down in the middle of the damn highway, so we had this long ass delay until we got here." I slightly chuckled.

"Damn, Is everything okay with your car?" I asked, turning to Marcus. He nodded. "It's straight." He said dropping his hands in his pockets.

"That's good."

"Aye,but thanks for watching out for us, and especially Marcus, we heard  you had let the cops know wassup." I smirked. "Oh..yeah, well I knew that the whole fight thing wasn't Marcus fault, so I did what I had to do."

He nodded. "Yeah well we appreciate it ma, forreal." Marcus nodded. "Yeah, I appreciate it...thanks." He stared at me for a few seconds before walking away towards the beach.

"Don't mind Marcus, he can be hella rude sometimes." I chuckled. "I've noticed that, but he does seem kind of nice, I mean he did pay for that wrap for me." He chuckled.

"Yeah, he's coo when he wants to be, you just gotta get to know him." I smirked. "Note taken." "Ight den." Will said, giving me a head nod. "I'll see you at school." I nodded and smiled. "Okay."

Once they were out of sight, I hit the the unlock on Tyree's key ring and made my way over to it.

I opened up the driver's door and slid inside. I placed his keys in my lap and turned to the backseat, grabbing my pink blanket I left in here a while ago.

I placed my hand on the handle and was just about to open the door, when I noticed Tyree's phone sitting in the middle between both front seats.

I quickly looked out the window, making sure he wasn't anywhere around. I hit the locks on his door before picking up his phone and turning on the screen.

I put in his lock code, since I seen him do it before and went straight to his text messages. I scrolled through all of the message threads from me, or his family memebers, trying to find something unsual or suspicious.

I scrolled through his messages, not seeing anything out of the ordinary, until I stopped on the name MK. I lifted a brow and opened the thread.

My eyes scrolled back and forth through the text messgaes, letting me know he was definetely talking to another female, flirting with her, actually.

 I scrolled down to the older messages, stopping on the night we had went to The Pit. I frowned once I seen messages between him and this girl, planning on meeting up at her house.

I scrolled back up to the earlier days, stopping on some messages from last night. There was messages from the time we got on the phone, until after we got off. Reading these messages, automatically let me know that he was lying about being tired, since he made plans to spend the night with this girl at her house.

I could feel my blood boiling with every text I read. I scrolled through the thread, which seemed like it was never ending. Messages full of I miss you, and I need to see you filled the screen. My eyes started to sting once I seen the more explicit messages about what they were gunna do to each other when they finally got together.

"Who the hell is this bitch?" I mumbled to myself. "Who could he be spending the night with??" I automatically stopped scrolling through his messages, when I realized who he had been texting this whole time.

"Meeka." I said lowly. "MK stands for Meeka."

I snatched his phone up and forcefully pushed the door open, slamming it behind me. I wiped the few tears that dropped, not wanting him or anyone else to know that I started to cry.

I made my way back over to our section, angry as hell. I threw his phone as hard as I could into his chest. "Damn Li, you good???" He asked rubbing his chest. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I wiped a few more tears before speaking.

"Your cheating on me with Meeka's hoe ass?!" I semi-yelled. "What? What you talkin about?"

"Don't play fuckin dumb with me Tyree, I seen y'all's messages!" He was silent for a second.

"Alright look, just calm down for a second and I-" "Don't tell me to call down Tyree, your cheating on me!! How could you fuckin cheat one me!!!!"

He looked around at everyone that was staring at us and stood up. "Look, we can talk somewhere in privtate, don't cause a scene here." I shook my head and wiped my face.

"Hell no Im not going anywhere with you, we can talk right here! Just admit it, your fuckin hoe ass Meeka!" He cleared his throat, probably feeling uncomfortable.

"Look Li, let's talk somewhere in private." He grabbed a hold on my arm trying to pull me with him, but I snatched my arm outof his grasp. "Don't touch me!" I yelled.

"Stop actin a damn fool, and come on." He said motining in the direction he wanted to go. I opened my mouth to speak, but the sound of AJ's voice stopped me.

"She ain't goin nowhere with you, and if you touch her ass again, we gon have a problem." He stood up from his chair and stepped directly infront of him.

Tyree sighed. "Let me just talk to her."AJ shook his head. "Nah, you did enough talkin with her." He opened his mouth to speak again, but Meeka's voice cut him off.

"Aww, did the little rich girl find out about us baby?" She asked, making emphasis on the word baby. She grabbed onto Tyree's hand, but he shook her off.

"Aliyah, let me explain." He tried stepping towards me, but AJ blocked him. "Just let her ass go Tyree." Meeka said with annoyance in her voice.

"Your always complaining about how she ain't givin you no pussy, just cut her ass loose, it's about damn time she found out." I clenced my jaw together, feeling the anger taking over my body. I couldn't believe not only was Tyree sleeping with her, he was sharing my personal information with this hoe as well.

"Fuck you Meeka!" I yelled. She laughed. "Damn, the rich girl got some balls now huh?" I lunged towards her, trying to grab her, but AJ blocked my way.

"Aye!! Chill out!" He yelled. "Im not about to let you fight this bitch, her ass ain't even worth it, ight?" I was silent, all I could do was try to contain the anger that was growing inside of me.

"Get yo shit Li, we leavin."

*************

Amara P.O.V.

I dug my nails into Tyson's back, feeling myself about to release any second now. I buried my face into the crook of his neck, trying my best to muffle my moans and screams the best I could. He gripped my waist extremely tight, letting me know he was about to reach his peak as well.

In unison, we both let out grunts as we released all over one another. I placed my hands at the top of his shoulders, lifitng myself up before sliding back over into the passenger seat, trying to catch my breath from all thr work we both just put in.

"You still on the pill right?" He said, trying to catch his breath. I nodded, too tired to actually form words. I pushed my hair away from my face and bent over, grabbing a hold on Tyson's manhood. I was seconds away from pushing him in my mouth and cleaning him up, when he stopped me.

"Hold up." I looked up at him, waiting for him to speak. "We gotta talk." I smirked. "Right now? Im sure it can wait until we finish." I placed my tongue on his tip and licked it. I could tell he was slightly hesistant at first, knowing he wanted me to continue, but he shook his head. "N-nah, we gotta talk now, sit up."

I softly sighed as I sat up straight, making sure no one was around us outside. "Okay, talk." He let out a sharp sigh as he scratched his head. "Ight look." He started.

"I know we've been messin around for a little minute now, being fuck buddies and all, but I wanted to let you know that shit gotta change." A small smile formed on my lips as I felt the butterflies in my stomach. "Change like how?" I asked, trying not to sound as excited as I was on the inside.

He paused for a second, trying to get his words together. "...Ion really now how to say this, so Ima just say it." I nodded, fighting the wider smile that wanted to appear on my lips.

"I've been talkin to another female." I immediately frowned. 'What??" He sighed. "Since When??" He slightly shrugged. "Ion know, like a few months." I scoffed and shook my head. "And your just now telling me this because?" He slowly nodded.

"Because...shit is gettin pretty serious between us." I sat there for a second, silent. "Serious aa in what?? She's your girl or something?" He shook his head. "Nah...not yet."

I frowned. "So wait, you've been talkin to another girl this whole time and you haven't told me about her, do I know her? Does she go to our school?" He shook his head. "No, not yet." I frowned. "Excuse me?" He sighed.

"That's what I wanted to tell you." He started. "She's been going to a different school this whole time, but starting Wednsday she'll be at our school." My eyes widened. "What???" He sighed.

"I know I should have probably told you sooner, but it's not ike you my girl or anything like that." I scoffed. "Right, so what made you tell me now then??"

"Because." He started. "Im thinkin about askin her to be my girl." I frowned, totally confused. "And in order to do that, I need to end all my other relationships I have goin on right now, so I could do the right thing by her." I shook my head.

"So let me get this straight, the only reason your tellin me about this female is because you wanna stop fucking wiht me so you can be with her??" He scratched the back of his neck before slightly nodding. "....Uh....yeah...I mean, when you put it like that it sounds fucked up, but I ain't mean it like that."

"Well how else would you have meant it Tyson??! Your such a asshole I swear." He frowned. "Ight, I admit that I should have told you sooner, but damn, why you gettin all mad? You ain't my girl and you never been my girl, you knew what this was about from day one, just sex, we ain't never had no type of connection."

I sat back in my seat and buckled my seatbelt. "..Just take me home, now." He sighed before pulling up his pants and starting the car.

Aliyah P.O.V.

I closed my door behind me and layed down in bed. It's been a good 45 minutes since AJ and I left the beach and I was still slightly angry. On the ride home I had calmed down alot, giving me alot of time to think of how fucked up Tyree was for what he did.

I buried my face into my pillow once I started to cry. I couldn't believe after two years with the same guy that this would be happening to me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aliyah and her bathing suit in the Multimedia.

Vote/Comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 79.8K 23
(COMPLETED | UNDER EDITING) Fresh out of college, Veronica Odair is hired as a forensic scientist at the infamous B.E.A.R. Laboratories. She is put t...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
4.8M 254K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...