Murderer On Earth

By Lis_Rose

Rae Evans never planned on being locked up for murder, nor did she plan on being one of the first people to r... More

Prologue :
Chapter 1 : Dropship & Down
Chapter 2 : Ways To Annoy Bellamy Blake
Chapter 3 : Banging In The Bushes
Chapter 4 : Secrets & Making Out With The Enemy
Chapter 5 : I Don't Know How To Do The Whole Tent Thing
Author's Note
Chapter 7 : Rescue Missions Are A Bitch
Chapter 8 : Tell Me How I'm Supposed To Breathe With No Air
Chapter 9 : "I Don't Need Walking Lessons."
Chapter 10 : Actual Walking Lessons
Chapter 11 : Bittersweet
Chapter 12 : Toxic
Chapter 13 : Thanks For The Memories, Even Though They Weren't So Great.
Chapter 14 : "Why Is A Murderer Afraid Of Death?"
Chapter 15 : Disaster And Impending Doom
Chapter 16 : Happy Birthday.
Chapter 17 : The Cornellian Dilemma.
Chapter 18 : Hangman
Chapter 19 : Farewell My Sweet Nightmare
Chapter 20 : My Own Worst Enemy.
Chapter 21 : Daydream.
Chapter 22 : Midnight Strolls & An Unfamiliar Face.
Chapter 23 : To Wish Upon A Rocket.
Chapter 24 : The Blake Hunt.
Chapter 25 : Trapped Within Myself.
Chapter 26 : Break My Arm, And I'll Break Your Face.
Chapter 27 : The Apple Operation
Chapter 28 : As Pale As A Snowflake
Chapter 29 : "Unity Day? More Like Screw You Day."
Chapter 30 : Wandering Into The Hands Of The Enemy.
Chapter 31 : The Destruction Of What We Created.
Chapter 32: A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words.
Chapter 33: Bellamy Blake.
Chapter 34: Accepting Death.
Important Author's Note
Chapter 35 : Goodbye.
Sequel

Chapter 6 : It's The Middle Of The Night

20.5K 566 196
By Lis_Rose

Chapter 6 : It's the middle of the night.

I couldn't sleep.

I'm not sure if it was the change of atmosphere or the weird noises I could hear from outside, but either way, I was not sleeping tonight. Or at least not for a while.

I sighed and pushed my way out of my new-and-not-collapsed tent. The camp was void of human life, the fire was still going making small crackling noises.  I was about to sit down near it when I heard what sounded like faint noises coming from somewhere west of the camp.

I swear if there was some kind of a party going on without me I would be murderous.

I quickly turned and headed that way, such a brilliant idea given the noises I'd been hearing- note sarcasm- tripping over a few stones on the way. I made my way down a rocky slope, skidding to a halt and freezing as I saw Wells being surrounded by Murphy and a few others, as Bellamy watched a few meters away.

How fucking dare he.

"What the hell are you doing!?" I yelled, losing my balance and slipping down the hill.

Oh wow, stupid move Rae.

They all turned to stare at me, and I saw Bellamy frown. "Get her."

I scrambled to get up, but didn't get far before a pair of arms grabbed me. "Get the fuck off me or I swear to god I will slit your throat."

I was hurled over to Bellamy, and I quickly realised what had happened when I saw Wells wristband on the floor. He gave me a solemn look, but stayed where he had been pushed on the floor.

I crossed my arms defiantly across my chest.

"What now your highness?" I sneered.

"Hold out your arm." He said.

"What, willingly? Oh Bellamy. You wish."

I swung my fist at his face, catching him off guard. I knew I wouldn't get away with it, what with all his followers around, but seeing the blood trickle down from his nose was well worth it.

I didn't struggle against the two guys who grabbed me, and held my arm out. I saw Murphy move forward, and within a few seconds my bracelet was rolling on the floor.

Bellamy picked it up and carelessly threw it into the bushes. Wells was looking up at me with an expression I couldn't decipher, pity? Fear? Who knew.

I was released, and I quickly moved to help Wells up.

Bellamy just stared at me, before moving away, along with the rest of his crew. Murphy hung back.

"You know, you had that one coming." He said to Wells, "and you, you're too nosy for your own good."

I laughed, "and you? You're just a follower." I spat.

Murphy just rolled his eyes, and marched back to camp.

"Are you okay?" I asked Wells, checking to see if he had any life-threatening wounds.

"Fine."

There was a moments silence before he spoke again. "Thanks. For trying. I thought they were going to kill me."

"I might be a murderer Wells. But I murdered for the right reasons, I don't tolerate bullying."

He nodded, "we should go back."

"I'll follow you on." I said, ignoring Wells' questioning look.

I watched as he retreated up the hill, back towards the camp. I saw he was still limping slightly, Murphy was a bitch.

I scoured the bushes for a good five minutes before finding the remainder of my metallic bracelet. I sighed and tried to piece it together, to see if it still worked, but to no avail.

I know right, why would a murdering bitch want to stay in contact with the Ark? I wasn't doing it for me, or at least not mostly.

I knew how much it meant to a certain few people in camp, like Clarke. And I did have friends on the Ark, it would kill them if they thought I was dead.

I cursed Bellamy's name and threw my bracelet back into the bushes. So much for staying alive.

~

I awoke early the next morning- well... That was a lie. I awoke late the next morning. Or afternoon. You know, whatever you wanna call it.

I could hear commotion outside my tent and I groaned, "holy shit you guys, shut up! It's like the middle of the night!"

Within seconds my tent flap was pushed open and Carter's head poked through. She babbled something furiously in Swedish, or as I like to call it, tree language.

"Um, I speak English." I told her, yawning slightly.

"Murphy, Wells, fight!" She managed to get out, before disappearing again.

I sighed, how was this my problem? It took me a split second before I realised that I was probably the only one stupid enough to try and kick Murphy's ass, so I got up and pushed my way out into the sunlight.

     It was so nice, warm on my skin. If only I had time to enjoy it, but no, instead I had to push my way through a bunch sweaty teenagers to break up a fight between the kid who I kissed then got my bracelet ripped off me by, and the guy whose father locked me up.

My life is a winding path of what the fuck.

I broke through the crowd to witness Wells on top of Murphy. They could have been such a perfect gay couple were it not for the strangling going on.

I marched forward, determined to sort shit out before Wells was murdered, or Murphy (although I wasn't holding out much hope for Wells winning, even if he did have the upper hand now). Before I could drag Wells off Murphy, I was grabbed and pulled back against someone's chest.

"Don't."

Freaking Bellamy Blake. Always shows up at the most annoying times.

Wells hauled himself off Murphy to look at Bellamy, "don't you see, you could stop this!"

A glint caught my eye and I refocused on Murphy who was now standing, and holding a knife.

"Yo Wells." I said, grabbing his attention, "I'd focus more on the maniac behind you then on Abs Of Steel over here."

Wells turned back around, facing Murphy.

"You're dead." He spat.

"Let the fight begin!" I said sarcastically, in my best commentator voice. If I couldn't stop the fight, why shouldn't I do the voice over?
Oh yeah. Murphy had a knife.

"Bell." I said, tilting back my head to look at him pleadingly, "at least make it a fair fight."

He stared at me for a few seconds, then released me and stepped forward. "Wait." He pulled out his own knife and dropped it at Wells feet. "Fair fight."

"My line." I mumbled as Bellamy moved back to my side.

He gave me a sideways glance filled with humour, then returned his gaze back to the fight.

"Bellamy?" I asked, lowering my voice as Wells and Murphy started to circle each other.

Bellamy looked back down at me, tilting his head slightly to the left as his eyes told me to ask what I needed.

"You aren't going to let them kill each other, are you?"

Bellamy didn't answer and I sucked in my breath, "I might have killed people but I'm not sure if I'm cool with seeing it happen in front of me." I admitted, tensing slightly as I felt Bellamy put a hand on my shoulder. That was the only answer I needed to make me relax, I knew he wouldn't let it get that far. I just knew.

Murphy feigned a stab at Wells and laughed when he flinched. Wells regained his composure and tried to slice any part of Murphy he could get to, unfortunately this backfired when Murphy twisted and sliced Wells arm.

"This is for my father." He stated monotonously.

He charged at Wells who dodged at managed to flick the point of his knife up against Murphy's neck.

"Wells get off of him!" The familiar voice of Clarke rang through the clearing and I spun to see her and Finn jogging forwards. I didn't however see food.

That made me sad.

Wells pushed Murphy away, but he didn't take the goddamn hint, and went for him again, only to be stopped by Bellamy.

I looked past Clarke and Finn and saw Monty helping a limping Octavia into the camp. It seems I wasn't the only one who spotted her because a split second later, Bellamy was racing over to her.

"We didn't make it to Mt.Weather." Finn said.

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy asked, briefly looking up from his sister.

"We were attacked." Clarke said solemnly.

"By what?" Wells asked, his eyes wide.

"Not by what, who." Finn corrected him. "Turns out, when the last man from the Earth died on the Ark, he wasn't the last grounder."

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the Earth was wrong, there are people here. Survivors." Clarke said, "the good news is the radiation won't kill us is."

"The bad news is, the grounders will." Finn added.

"Well holy shit." I commented, suddenly feeling a bit light headed.

"Wait, where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells asked.

My head shot up, Wells was right, Jasper wasn't there.

Jasper. The first guy to acknowledge my presence in a year and a half. The little sweetie with the goggles.

I looked over a Monty and saw the expression on his face.

Just what the hell had we gotten ourselves into here?

------------------------------

I wrote it all, and half my freaking chapter was deleted so I had to rewrite, so yeah, it's been a while!
But here we go, enjoyyyy :D
Thanks to This_CraZy_World for correcting my typos, you're da' best.

-Lis x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 62 13
Y/N Reyes lands on Earth with the rest of the 99 prisoners. Being one of the first people to come back "home" after 97 years of living in space, she...
2.7K 114 10
It's been ninety-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were...
1.7K 30 14
Y/N Reyes lands on Earth with the rest of the 99 prisoners. Being one of the first people to come back "home" after 97 years of living in space, she...
494 33 7
𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒. when nadine frobisher's girlfriend cheats on her with her own best friend, the girl makes a deliberate, grandiose plan of revenge...