can you manage? *dramione*

By bruhdawg__

"'Are you sure you can manage it, Granger?'" ----- Hermione has, once again, gotten caught for being out afte... More

Chapter 1: Warm Welcoming
Chapter 3: The Locker Room
Chapter 4: Hermione's First Game
Chapter 5: A Slytherin Party
Chapter 6: Private Practice
Chapter 7: Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin
Chapter 8: Hermione Remembers
Chapter 9: Meet Montague
Chapter 10: Football Practice
Chapter 11: T-1 Day
Chapter 12: The Quidditch House Cup
Chapter 13: Mud
Chapter 14: Press
Chapter 15: The European National Cup
Epilogue

Chapter 2: Hermione's First Practice

5.9K 159 61
By bruhdawg__

There is no way it takes 45 minutes to put on training gear.

I take back the comment I made about the weather, it's hot. Despite being in the shade, I feel my back growing that sticky, sweaty feeling.

Malfoy was the first to emerge from the locker room. I rushed over to him, the heat pissing me off "Malfoy, what's taking everyone so damn long?"

He stopped looking at my sweaty, disheveled appearance, then smirked "We had our team meeting, we do that before every practice"

I rolled my eyes, "Shouldn't I be involved in that?" I pointed to myself "I am the team manager and all"

Malfoy had started stretching, moving his arms in circles, pulling them above his head. I hate to admit it, but he is a bit fit. I was brought back from watching him stretch by him asking "Well, you know nothing about quidditch, so it doesn't change anything"

I put my hands on my hips, looking down at him as he reaches his hands to his feet "I beg to differ-"

"-Differ?"

"-but after having spent years at quidditch matches, I've actually picked up a lot about the sport." I stated, yet he still looked at me like he didn't believe me.

I was about to go on but the others started appearing and started their stretching routines. Flint only did a few stretches before walking over to me, "Oi Granger, while we practice I'd like for you to clean up the locker room a bit, I honestly can't tell you the last time it was cleaned"

I started laughing, assuming he was joking. "Funny, but I know you slytherin's live in luxury."

Nott, who was standing closest to me, looked around at the others before saying "He's not joking, we might get the nicer things compared to other houses, but that locker room has never been touched"

My smile fell, "Well, sorry I can't clean it, I have to stay out here to make sure no one gets hurt, it will also help me to watch you all play for when I do your stats and ranks" I tried saying as Flint was moving towards me, growing visibly annoyed with presence.

"We'll get you if we need you" He said, pushing me towards the locker room, "But thank you for the concern of our health, Granger" he said, faking his sincereity.

"Flint," Malfoy said, rolling his eyes "Must you physically touch her, she knows where the locker rooms are"

Flint let me go, but was still facing me as he addressed Malfoy "You get to boss me around when you're captain" then turned to look at the team, then Malfoy "Which you aren't, and won't be while I'm around"

Malfoy flared his nostrils but didn't say anything as he shot up in the air, starting his laps. Nott was shaking his head as he hopped on his broom, Crabbe and Goyle eyed each other before grabbing their beaters and getting on their brooms. Pucey and Zabini stared at Flint, who had yet moved from his spot in front of me. Pucey spoke first before flying away "That was a low blow, Flint".

Zabini just stared a few more beats, challenging Flint with his eyes, "Watch yourself"

Flint was about to retort, even taking a step closer to Zabini, but Zabini had already flown away, so he turned to me and with one last huff he said "Enjoy the locker room, love" and marched away to the center of the pitch then bolted on his broom towards the sky.

***

I'm proud of all the work I got done with the room. It really was awful in the beginning though. The smell, oh the smell. How did they stand it everyday? It made me feel like I was going to pass out.

They had lots of random food items in there, so no wonder it smelt like dragon shit. Their uniforms and clothes were thrown all over, because they weren't able to reach their cubbies, which were blocked by random equipment from the storage closet, which was overflowing with unnecessary shit.

I first sorted through all the equipment, getting rid of the biggest problem first. When I was finished moving everything into the storage closet, I realized I actually had a lot of space left in it, so I was able to separate everything accordingly.

I then loaded all the jerseys and other training gear into the wizarding world washers to have them clean while I organized everyone's cubbies. When the gear and jerseys were done I put them in their corresponding cubbies and took a step back to admire my work.

Those idiots just needed to clean to realize that they actually do have a luxurious locker room. Their showers were extremely private with glass doors, they had a mini sauna room, and they had a small kitchenette in the corner, but I bet they didn't know how to use it, it doesn't look like it's been used in 50 years. "Purebloods" I sighed, rolling my eyes. Unlike the gryffindor locker room, they have leather couches, and much, much more space.

It was about 7:40 when I finished, giving me 20 minutes to watch their practice before it was over.

***

How have I never noticed how good they are?

As much as I dislike them, they all work like a well oiled machine. Crabbe and Goyle really utilize their muscles and larger bodies to make bludgers go flying at speeds I've never seen Fred or George do. You could tell Zabini, Nott, and Pucey got along well, they didn't ever hesitate to pass the quaffle to each other, doing tricks and going at speeds that left me in awe. Flint, as much as I hated to admit it was a good keeper. No matter how many times one of the chasers tried to fool him, he never let a quaffle past him.

Then there was Malfoy.

Harry was obviously the best seeker at Hogwarts, usually the reason gryffindor always beat slytherin. But there was just something about the way Malfoy played. He had this carefree aura to him as he flew around, weaving through the tops of the towers. There were plenty of times he could've definitely gotten the snitch, but he seemed to into the flying to reach for it. It was almost majestic to watch.

It started getting closer to 8, and the three chasers, and two beaters, had already started descending to where I was on the pitch. Flint stayed up near the hoops, watching Malfoy fly towards the snitch, like he was finally ready, willing, to catch it.

As he was reaching forward, he slipped up a bit, and his hand missed the snitch, letting it get away. I could practically hear his growl for where I stood on the ground. I know he was able to get it, why didn't he? He finally caught back up with it, I watched him reach again, but this time I watched his broom. He almost missed it, but he had to really leap for it. If that were a play at a game, he would've already lost.

Flint was shaking his head, swinging his legs off his broom in a swift movement, making a beeline to Malfoy, who jumped from his broom that hadn't even been near the ground. I know Malfoy saw him coming, but he just kept stomping towards the locker room.

"The fuck wrong with you, Malfoy?" Flint said, stepping in front of the blond.

Malfoy kept his head forward "I don't know what you mean, Flint"

The shorter of the two scoffed "I think you do, you fuck up everytime, it isn't that hard to reach forward and grab the damn snitch. You're the reason people look fucking past us-"

"-the reason they look past us, is because we're not Harry fucking Potter" Malfoy cut him off, sneering, then shooting his eyes towards me. I felt as if I was in a territory I wasn't supposed to be in anymore.

Flint jabbed him in the chest with the tip of his broom "Stop making lazy ass excuses for yourself, just grab the snitch, it's not that hard-"

"Are you a seeker?" I asked, not realizing I was speaking out loud. Everyone's eyes turned towards me. I honestly didn't care, Flint was being an ass for no reason, and as much as I hate Malfoy, I can't get out of my head what he said about Harry, so I continued "because last time I checked, you are the keeper, and always have been. You are also the captain, so instead of being a total prick, maybe correct his flying."

I was breathing heavily now, but I kept ranting. I took a step towards them but someone wrapped their hand around my forearm, holding me back, I didn't stop to see who, "If you were truly watching to help him improve you'd see he puts too much weight on the hand that holds the broom, making his flying unsteady, which causes him to miss the snitch"

I was practically gasping for air when I was finished. I expected Flint to yell at me, storm over to me telling him I'm wrong, or that I shouldn't even be here. I expected Malfoy to roll his eyes and tell me to stay out of his business. What I didn't expect was for Flint to step away from Malfoy, a grin growing on his face, calmly saying "Everyone to the new and hopefully improved locker rooms. I'll be there in a minute"

My nerves kicked in then. Maybe I should've just kept quiet.

After a few beats, and eyeing each other, a few of the boys started to move towards the room. Only Pucey and Malfoy remained. Flint looked at them both, raising one eyebrow "I gave you two orders, I don't want to have to kick you off the team from not following simple instructions"

"These aren't simple instructions, Flint. You know they aren't" Pucey said.

Flint tilted his head "But they are, go on you two" He said waving his hands like instructing children.

Malfoy moved his eyes from the ground, which he had been staring at since the others left, to Pucey. They seemed to have an understanding in whatever they communicated and nodded to each other before leaving.

Flint watched them leave, not saying anything till the door to the locker room was closed shut. Then he took three long strides to me, I tried to step back, but he got a tight grip on my wrist. "They were right when they said gryffindor's are brave, because you are pushing all the limits I have."

I tried to rip my hand from his death grip, but he held on tight. "I'm just saying what everyones thinking, you should be grateful I did, or maybe nothing would've changed. His issue is a very easy fix, I don't know how you've never noticed"

He shook his head, the veins in his neck showing "We're doing just fine without you-"

I laughed, interrupting him "Are you? I thought you needed a manager?"

"That was before you opened that pretty little mouth of yours" He sneered, flicking his gaze to my parted lips, then moving them back up to my eyes.

I snapped my mouth shut before saying "I don't know who you think you are-"

"I'm the captain" he stated, pulling me a bit closer for emphasis "And you're the team manager, who works for us, and will learn to keep her mouth shut, or I'll give her a reason to keep it shut"

I wanted to reach out and smack him but the locker room door opened "Flint," Pucey said, already dressed back into his robes. Flint quickly let go of my wrist, which would surely bruise, acting like he wasn't just threatening me. "Curfews in a bit, I think you'd want to be changed before you end up being caught by darling old Severus"

Flint flicked his eyes to me in warning, then left for the locker room where the others had already started leaving from. Flint very obviously bumped into Pucey as he passed him, walking into the room. Malfoy was the last one out, him and Pucey had a small exchange which ended with another nod from each of them, before the blond joined Zabini and Nott then left.

I moved to the side of the pitch, where I put all my stuff and their paperwork. Pucey met me there. He ran a hand through his floppy brown hair before looking around to check no one was around. He then reached his hand into his pocket, pulling out a jar of Bruisewort Balm, handing it over to me.

I inspected the jar, noticing it was almost empty "What's this for?" I asked, holding the jar up.

He looked down to my wrist, the wrist Flint had been holding, and said "For the bruise that would no doubtingly be there tomorrow"

"He normally acts like that?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders "To certain people I guess"

I tucked the jar in my satchel, "Well thank you, I will happily buy you a new one to replace it"

I pushed a hand out "No need, it's Malfoys, Salazar knows how many he has"

I tilted my head in curiosity "Malfoy gave you this?"

Pucey quickly covered his mouth "Oops, I said too much, he'll kill me if you knew he actually gives people things". I started chuckling, and he joined in, pleased with his joke "Want to walk back with me?"

I smiled up at him, honestly relieved by the gesture, it was very dark out. "Sure, why not?"

Once we reached the side entry to the school he asked "Can I call you Hermione?"

I raised an eyebrow "Why?"

He moved the hair that had fallen in front of his eyes to the side "I guess I just feel more friendly saying someones first time than their family name"

"You call Flint, Flint though?" I asked.

He stilled, but nodded "Yes I do, I have not called him Marcus since 4th year"

He seemed a bit touchy about it, so I didn't push him on the subject "Then I guess you can call me Hermione, can I call you Adrian?"

He sighed "Yes, please, never Pucey"

I laughed as we parted with short goodbyes.

***

The gryffindor was empty, except for Harry.

"Where have you been, Ginny said you haven't been in your dorm all afternoon, so I checked the library, and even the astronomy tower, yet you were nowhere."

I just kept walking past him to the stairs that led to the girls dorms "I went by the Black Lake, no worries"

Harry sighed, "Is this about Ron? He's really sorry you know?"

"No, it's nothing, and I don't care how sorry he is, I just need time to myself now that I actually have freedom." When I finished I turned, and went upstairs, to my dorm without waiting for a response.

The next morning I was grateful for the Bruisewort Balm that Adrian gave me, wait no, Malfoy gave me? I don't really know what to make of it, maybe he gifted it to Adrian when he needed it, and now Adrian gave it to me. Yes, that seems more likely, even though I've only seen Malfoy really interact with Adrian a handful of times these past few years, the most being last night.

My wrist was covered in dark bruises, but thanks to the Bruisewort Balm it was gone by lunch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 51 4
*SEXPOLLEN SMUT WITH LITTLE PLOT. COMPLETE* "-I told them this wouldn't work." He cut in through gritted teeth as he kept his eyes on Hermione, makin...
6.1K 133 20
warnings⚠️ -smut -y/n l/n -your the bad girl -hooks up with nearly every guy in the year -6th year(18 yrs) -swearing - Draco x reader ranks #84 nas...
2.7M 71.3K 48
In which honesty had never been so missed and verity ever so falsified. "Then ruin me, Malfoy." - A Draco Malfoy fanfic with a messy plot. Trigger...
454K 15.6K 40
Draco Malfoy has been changed into a snake. Since Harry is the only one who can understand him, he has to carry him everywhere -even in his own bed. ...