How Jesse Got His Karma

By TheChiaPet

[Completed] "In a twisted way, I guess I'm glad I fucked up so many times in my life. They always said I'd ge... More

intro/author's note
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six*
sixty-seven
epilogue
NEW STORY
Follow my Bookstgram!

sixty-eight

2.2K 125 24
By TheChiaPet

Part 2 of 2

"I don't know why you think everything I eat is weird. When you heard that Selena Gomez's favorite snack was popcorn and pickle juice you actually started eating it and claimed that it was your favorite too." I say looking at Paola who rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at me while she opened up a bag of taco shells, setting them down one by one on a platter

When Ryan dropped me off at Paola's she claimed that she was hungry and hadn't made tacos in a while. So we decided to make a buffet-style lunch by setting things like lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, meat that she prepared, shrimp, and sardine and tomato sauce mixture that I prepared for myself.

Jesse had told me he was going to pick me up after he was done with some prior engagements so we decided that the six of us, including Cyrus, Justine, and Ryan, could have a night in together before we go back to his place.

Justine said she was on her way but that she would pick up drinks before coming here.

"Hey, Paola can you call Ryan or something? Every time I call Jesse it goes straight to voicemail." I say looking at my phone in confusion as I look at the time. It was already 3:45 PM and he isn't back yet?

Opening up the "Find My" app on my phone, I look to see his location is marked unavailable. "He never turns his phone off," I say and watch as Paola grabs her phone and dials Ryan's number that she somehow knows by heart.

After almost four rings, Ryan's voice can be heard through the speaker, "Hey, Baby." I almost 'aw' at the sentiment before I realize how stressed his voice sounds, "Is Karma still there with you?"

Paola nods her head before realizing he can't see her, "Yeah, she's here. We were making food for your guys when you get back how much longer is it going to be until you guys get here? Oh. And tell Jesse to turn his phone on, Karma's been calling him."

"Um." Ryan starts and then curses under his breath, "Fuck, I can hear myself. Am I on speaker?"

Paola side-eyes me and shrugs saying, "Yeah."

Ryan sighs staying silent for a few minutes before answering, "I-I'll see you guys when I get there, alright?"

Paola and I raise my eyebrows at his response and I decide to speak to him, moving Paola's phone closer to me, "Hey, Ryan? Is Jesse busy? He's with you, right? Why is his phone off?"

I hear a few cars honking and I realize he's driving. He sighs and clears his throat briefly before saying, "Karma--" he says before getting cut off, someone else's voice in the background, before Ryan speaks to me again, "Look, wait until Justine gets there alright? When I get back you can ask me anything you want and I'll try my best to answer but right now I'm not the one you need to hear this from. I love you guys." Ryan finishes before hanging up the phone and I can't hide the worried look on my face as Paola mirror the same expression.

"Did he really just hang up?" Paola says grabbing her phone from me. "I'm gonna go upstairs and call him again. I don't know why he got quiet when I said he was on speaker. I'll come back and tell you what's going on with him." Paola says walking up the stairs most likely heading to her room as she dials Ryan's number.

I knew it had to involve Jesse since Ryan completely avoided speaking about him and I can't help but feel nervous.

What if he got hurt and he's injured?

Oh my God, what if he's dead?

If he's dead I don't even know what I'd do. From how stressed Ryan sounded, it sounded bad.

I just wish he told me exactly what those 'prior arrangements' were so I'd know just how bad the situation could be.

We had such a good night. It was the closest I've ever felt to him and now I'm worried about whether he's alive and well?

I hear rapid banging on Paola's front door and I immediately go to open it thinking it must be Ryan. When I swing the door open, I'm met with Justine's face with her hands full of plastic bags, most likely holding the drinks she bought.

Her face looks uneasy and she bites her lip as she releases a shaky breath looking at me, "Hey, Karma." she gives me a weak smile as I move to the side allowing her to get in before I close the door behind her. She drops the bags on the ground near Paola's kitchen counter.

"Ryan told me to wait until you came back," I say sticking my hands in the back pocket of my jeans. "Do you know what's going on?"

She shrugs her arms out of her jacket and places it on the coat rack near the front door. "Yeah. Cyrus called me while I was in the parking lot of the store. Told me not to talk to you until I could see you face to face." she says playing with her hands.

"Well, what is it?" I say impatiently just wanting her to come out and say it. Ryan didn't tell me anything and I just want to be reassured that Jesse is okay.

She licks her lips and walks towards me slowly, grabbing my hands in hers, "Kar. Jesse is in trouble h--"

"Karma!" Paola says rushing down the stairs, "Ryan told me. Karma, I'm so sorry." she says meeting me and Justine downstairs

Removing my hands from Justine's grasp, "Can someone just tell me what the fuck happened to him? Please?"

Paola and Justine's eyes widened, Justine points to Paola, "Cyrus didn't go into detail you probably know more than me. Tell her."

Pursing her lips, Paola sulks as she eyes me warily, "Karma. Jesse go--" Paola cuts herself off with a groan as my phone rings and I turn around to look at it on the counter to see my mom calling me.

I raise an eyebrow in confusion. She knows I'm staying over and I already spoke to her today so I don't know why she'd be calling me right now. I raise one finger up towards Paola telling her to wait, grabbing my phone and answering it, holding it closer to my ear, "Hello? Mom?"

Immediately my mom starts shouting on the phone, "Karma have you heard about that boy you brought into our house?! Your classmate?!" she yells, "I cannot believe my eyes. I just knew something was wrong. He was too kind to us, I knew something was off about that boy. I gave this boy food. I really allowed this boy to rest comfortably in my home, Hey!" She says in shock and I just know she's seen something on TV. I felt my heart drop.

My mom was very loud so I knew Paola and Justine heard as they're somehow got bigger, looking at me in horror.

I go around the corner, heading towards the living room where Paola's brother sat on the black leather couch, watching a gaming video on youtube on the TV.

Paola screams at him and he jumps up in shock, "Brian, get off youtube and turn to the local news station!"

"But he's not even finished showing me the cheating ha--" He starts but Justine and Paola shout in unison cutting him off

"Change the channel!", his face hardens as he quickly grabs the remote and exits off youtube, pressing the number 'five' into the remote.

"This is Lesly Pierce from WKLA news coming to you live from our studio. Breaking News, local gangster and student at Rochester High School, 19-year-old, Jesse Duran arrested earlier today after police had been given a tip in regards to suspicious activity committed by Duran within the past couple of months. More details coming soon when we learn more informati--"

The TV host gets cut off as the TV is turned off and I turn to Paola who holds the remote in her hand looking at me warily, "That's what we were going to tell you." she licks her lips, "Look, Ryan told me it's really bad Karma."

I turn away from her in shock, my mom is still on the phone and the next thing she says continues to ring in my ear, "Oh Good! You saw the news I heard it on TV!" she sucks her teeth, "Stupid boy. Thank God, You will never see him again." the phone drops from my hand as a sob escapes my lips, using my hands to cover my mouth. Brian, Paola, and Justine's arms wrapping around me but I can barely feel them. Everything feels numb.

You will never see him again

Will I ever see him again?

---------------------------------------------------------

[A/N] And that's the last official chapter of How Jesse Got His Karma. The epilogue is coming after this.

The announcement I wanted to make is that this book will definitely be getting a sequel. I already have some things planned, no chapters written yet but yessss This isn't the end of Karma and Jesse's story :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 5.6K 34
"𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒉𝒆'𝒅 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒕." 𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌 1 Copyright...
189K 9.8K 81
The Lone Wolf and The Hidden Nigerian Princess✩ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥. 𝐇�...
30.6K 633 29
Scarlett Salvatore a sweet and shy girl but she can find her confidence when she and her cheer squad hit those fields to support their football team...
53K 7.3K 39
"I dare you to kiss the girl on your right." The girl on the right. . . my sleep deprived mind made out sluggishly. Girl on the right, it repeated ag...