Eternal ✓ [A Rapunzel Retelli...

By bjorghalla

[A Rapunzel Retelling] Freya is the girl that is stuck inside a tower, but give her a purpose to her magical... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue
The Retelling Series

Chapter 19

102 8 2
By bjorghalla

Eternal

.•*•.XIX.•*•.

     With the heart in my hands as I hold the stick I point it at him. No longer is the heart turning black. Still, there are few spots of black of them. As if there are parts of it that have died while the other parts of the jewel remain alive. I walk towards him. "Unlike last time, I know how to use it" I tell him. I no longer fear this monster that is in front of me. His face does not show any fear either and neither did I think that he would show the fear that I know that he fears me.

As he should. The magic is all around me. "I may not have any memories of the past that we share, but I know how to use the heart and how to save magic" I speak. I continue to walk towards him, feeling that I want nothing more than to get this over with. All he does is chuckle, and he takes the knife that he holds in his hands and throws it at me. The knife does not get close to me. It stops mid-air and then falls down to the ground.

I kneed down and take the knife into my hands. It still carries my blood on it. I study the knife for a second, still keeping an eye out for him to make certain that he is not doing anything at the moment. He seems stunned. Perhaps because he did not think that I would be able to overpower him. "This knife carries magic, it was meant to kill me. Only it was not forged to kill me. But rather you" I speak and then look at him. This time there is fear on his face, the fear of what I can do to him.

He does fear me and the things that I can do. "You lied to me, tricked me, made me believe that you loved me. You never loved me at all, did you? No, I do not think that you ever loved me at all. You never cared about me. None of it was real" I speak. The pain in my voice is true. The earth around us shakes as I walk towards him. The wind starts to pick up and is flowing everywhere and in every direction. My eyes remain only on him. It is then that all of the memories of my past lives run through me.

The times in which the two of us meet, and I laugh and fall in love while he plots to take away the very thing that I hold dear. The world. The world which I love and that is my one true love. It is not him that I love but the world and the magic that the world has to offer. It is of wonder and joy which the magic is born of. I see inside my mind that I always live happy lives until I end it myself.

I end my own life to0 safe the world. This time I do not need to end my life. Only his. I continue to walk towards him. The ground opens up and these large and long holes begin to form. So deep that I can see the fire deep down there. The fires that give life to the world. I stare at him with such anger that even he can feel my anger. With the heart in one hand I point it at him while I hold the knife in the other. "Never again will you threaten the world" I speak to him.

I stalk towards him and when we are so close to each other I can see that he backs away. Until the ground has opened up on all sides of him except for one. The side which I am walking towards him. I can see clearly in my mind what he is and who he is. He is someone that used the darkest of magic for his own gain and therefor got cursed a long time ago. The Witch that cursed him was I. He had played with magic that was beyond his knowledge and had to pay the price.

For he had taken the lives of innocent people. Though the curse that I put on him was not to punish him for long. I did not make him into the monster that he is now. All that I did was make him suffer for one lifetime. It was the dark magic that and made him like this and that is punishing him as well as the world. Dark magic is evil, and it is the source of all evil in this world. It will do all that it can to see the world fall

Even if that means destroying a man's life. "I will kill you!" He threatens me. I do not feel frightened of him. Perhaps I never was. I only needed to find the person that I have always been. My feet lift from the ground where I float in the air. Just barely off the ground itself as I go towards him. "No, you will not. You cannot kill the very thing that holds this world together. I am the world" I speak to him. I go towards him, and now I am in front of him. The fear in his black eyes is true.

The fear that he should not be feeling. "I have to end this. All have suffered because the wrong forces are at play here" I speak. I find that I am much more than just the girl that I believed to have been. I know now that the world cannot exist without me for I am the world itself. Life flows through me as it does the world. If I were to fall and my magic would fall than the world would as well and nothing would ever be saved. Everything will die along with me.

"I do not wish for anything terrible to happen to you. Your soul is pure on the inside, but the dark forces have it caged and locked up where it will be difficult to find. It cannot be saved" I speak to him. I stare down at him. The heart floats away from my arms as this heavy rain falls on us. "The spirits have spoken, and they are prepared to remove this evil from you. I will have to do this" I speak to him. I think both of us always knew that this was coming, this end was inevitable.

As I was about to raise the knife to end all of this, I am pushed back by this force that I cannot see. "Like you, I have spirits on my side" He tells me. While I am still floating in the air, I am not as close to him as I was before. I do not have a shot at ending it all. The heart is still floating near him, and he reaches for it. He cannot grasp it. I smile as I find myself  floating back towards him. "You cannot defeat me. Not when my power is at its highest" I tell him.

Nothing can ever defeat me now. It has been all the rebirths and all the lives that I have lied that have made me stronger. I have fought in wars, defended the world, suffered, loved and died. I have cared for people and watched them die as well. I have lived many lives to the point where I have forgotten what my first life was and who I was born as. Perhaps I will never know. But the world is mine, and I am the world. I shall defend it until my very last breath.

All that he does is chuckle and look at me. "It may be at its highest, Freya, but you will not kill me. Not when your love for me is so strong. Every single life your love for me becomes stronger" He says to me. I run through the memories of our lives that we have shared. Each life he makes me fall in love with him. But, in truth it is not him that I fall in love with. It is Caelestinus. The real one and not the fake one that Azrael creates by himself to trick me.

"No. My love for you is non-existent, Azrael. The love that I feel and the man that I love and have always loved..." I speak. I smile at the memories of Caelestinus when he finds me, and we are reunited in the love that we share. "Is Caelestinus" I say. It is the truth and I realize that I have always loved him. Somehow I knew who he was when the letters were written to me. I fell in love with him all over again by his letters alone. To show me that I am and always will be in love with him.

We were meant to be. Azrael's face falls, but I catch the face of the man that I love in the distance behind his brother. He may be far away, but he is here and that is all that matters. He has come to watch as I destroy the evil that is the plague in the world. Once more the world will be free from it, and it will be able to continue with life like it was always meant to. "Forgive me, but I have to do this" I speak as I near him and I drive the knife into his heart.

Azrael falls backwards onto his back, so close to the tear in the ground that has formed. Both of our clothing are soaked with water but neither one of us care. The wind howls around me, but it does not touch me that much. It leaves us alone. It is there to witness the end of all evil. I watch as he cries out in pure pain. His hand snakes around the knife and pulls it out of his body. The blade is coated with blood. He lets out a breath once it is out.

While all that I can do is stare in horror as he smirks at looks at me, alive and well as if the pale had not pierced his heart nor body at all. "It is not that simply to kill me, little girl. I though all those centuries had taught you something. Perhaps the next one will" He speaks and then the takes the knife and throws it to the ground. It is then that I watch some glint at one side of it which I had not seen before. Something is written on it. I go towards the ground where he had thrown the knife and kneel down to pick it up.

The magic around me forces him to stay back, where I know that he cannot touch me. I wipe away the blood with my hands which is on the knife until I can see what has been engraved into the blade itself. I had not seen it before, but I can see it now. "Hjarta {Heart}" I whisper to myself as read what has been written there. I gasp once I realize the truth and turn around. "This knife was not forged to kill either one of us" I speak to him.

I watch as his face pales. If he knew then he never showed it before. I just figured out how to save the world as well as magic and without ever killing anyone. I hold the knife in my hands and look at the heart where it continues to float. There is so much aura of magic there that it is strong. My eyes catch the sight of Caelestinus in the distance and see that he nods at me, and then I look at the frightened look of Azrael before I make contact with the heart. Then I throw the knife as hard as I could towards the heart itself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 40 18
"We must run, before they find us!" He said. He's the one whom I've lived with since birth. His glasses have fallen off his face, and his clothes we...
2.5K 124 16
Tribrid Series- Book 2 ********************************************* The Blood moon eclipses had bought more tragedy to Alexandrea's life than she co...
9.6K 729 32
Seventeen-year-old Rapunzel has been locked up in a tower ever since the Plague arose in time with her birth. When Gothel, the only mother she's ever...
17.1K 2.1K 56
*Wattys Shortlisted!* A witch. A hunter. And a curse. ~*~ Theiden Guster hadn't intended to abandon his family. But after trying to kill the witc...