Sunrise (Todoroki x Reader)

By storytimewithleo

After an unexpected opportunity, y/n begins her exciting new life in the prestigious hero course at U.A High... More

Prologue
Chapter 2 - Chance
Chapter 3 - New Beginnings
Chapter 4 - Hero Training
Chapter 5 - One on One
Chapter 6 - Dorms
Chapter 7 - Elevator
Chapter 8 - A Question
Chapter 9 - Freshly Baked
Chapter 10 - Sleepover
Chapter 11 - A Stroll
Chapter 12 - Invitation
Chapter 13 - Combat
Chapter 14 - A Strange Sickness
Chapter 15 - Plan
Chapter 16 - Core
Chapter 17 - Wait For Me
Chapter 18 - Heartstrings
Chapter 19 - Sparks
Chapter 20 - Suspicious
Chapter 21 - Assumptions
Chapter 22 - Apologies
Chapter 23 - Premonition
Chapter 24 - Snug
Chapter 25 - Sunday
Chapter 26 - Preparations
Chapter 27 - Sports Festival
Chapter 28 - Showdown
Chapter 29 - Bombshell
Chapter 30 - An Ugly Truth
Chapter 31 - Mission
Chapter 32 - Confrontation
Chapter 33 - The Fight
Chapter 34 - Family
Thank You!

Chapter 1 - Sunrise

796 13 11
By storytimewithleo

The first thing y/n saw was blurry, orange sunlight, streaming through her window as she slowly opened her eyes. Yawning, she rolled over to the other side of her bed, closing her eyes again. Mmm.. sleep...

"...WAKE UP!!! ...WAKE UP!!! ...WAKE UP!!! YEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!"

Y/n jumped up to a seating position, startled. She frantically looked around for the source of the sound; the Present Mic alarm clock on her nightstand. Her cheeky little cousin, Hana, had probably put it there last night. With an annoyed sigh, y/n went to turn it off. Whoever decided to make Present Mic alarm clocks is both a genius and an asshole. But wait... isn't today...

OOHHH!! THE U.A. ENTRANCE EXAM!! OH SHOOT, IT'S TODAY!!! 

Y/n leapt out of bed and smashed the alarm, almost breaking it in excitement.

"I can't believe it's today!" Y/n thought to herself. She looked out of her window and saw that the sun was indeed rising, a smile slowly spreading over her face. 

Y/n decided that this was the most beautiful sunrise she'd ever seen in her life. Okay, well maybe it was on par with the one she saw on the holiday trip back when was eight. 

The warm memories of the trip flowed through y/n; playing with her parents on the empty beach. Dad chasing her on the sandy shore, picking her up and spinning her around while she laughed hysterically. Mom smiling and waving at both of them from the beach towel she lay on as y/n ran back to watch the summer sunrise that they had all woken up early to see. 

Y/n lying next to her Mom, who stroked her hair as she lay her head next to her round, protruding belly. Dad pointing up at the orange sky.

"Look, y/n! Do you see that?" Dad had said.

"Yeah! The sun is waking up!" An eight year old y/n happily declared.

"Yes, honey, it is. Now, do you know what it means when see a special sunrise like this?"

"What does it mean, Dad?" 

He grinned. "It represents a new beginning."

...

It had been her birthday surprise...

"Y/N! Are you up? Time for breakfast!" the voice of her aunt called out after a knock on the door before y/n could dwell on the past any longer.

"Yes! I'll be there in a few minutes!" Y/n called back. She quickly changed into her tracksuit and got ready for breakfast. 

~

In the kitchen, y/n's aunt was stacking plates on the breakfast-loaded table while her uncle, seated at the table, scrolled through his phone. Y/n's other cousin, Jun, was sitting at the table reading some comics with Hana, who upon seeing y/n started to sing out "U.A! U.A! U.A! YAY!" and sprinted over to jump up on her.

"Hey, kiddo!" y/n grinned, picking Hana up and spinning her around. "Woahh!" y/n fake groaned, "You're getting too heavy for meeeee!" she made a dramatic gesture and pretended to fall down to the floor, sprawling out her arms and legs as if she had fainted whilst gently dropping Hana to the floor. 

The little girl laughed at her and teasingly poked y/n's cheek.

"But heroes can lift anyone!!" Hana yelled with excitement, shaking y/n's floppy arms up and down as y/n stuck her tongue out, pretending to be dead. 

She suddenly opened her eyes wide and pulled herself up to seating, as if hearing what her cousin just said had brought her back to life.

"Of course!" y/n gasped. She grinned and turned around, offering Hana a piggyback. The little girl laughed and jumped onto her back. Y/n stood up and whooshed around the kitchen, holding onto her cousin's hands as Hana shrieked in laughter.

"Hana! Get down and let Y/N eat, please!" Y/n aunt's called out, a little annoyed. Y/n put Hana down and she scurried back to her seat with a giggle. Y/n sat down in her seat as her aunt promptly put a plate of food in front of her. 

The smell of fresh toast entered her nostrils. Her stomach suddenly seemed to drop as she pushed down a gulp. The warm feelings from before faded into nervousness and her breath became short. 

Y/n felt like throwing up.

"Don't tell me you're not hungry? I made all of this food for you" y/n's aunt said, raising an eyebrow.

"I am... Thank you for the food, it's just... I'm just nervous" y/n stuttered.

"We know, dear, just try and eat something. Some fruit at least, if you don't want the toast" she sighed.

Her uncle looked up and nodded in agreement. "That's right. You're gonna need your strength today, y/n."

Grudgingly, y/n forced herself to nibble at some toast and gobble down a couple of fruits to wash down with her coffee. 

"Can I do the U.A entrance exam too?" squeaked Hana as y/n set down her cup. 

"No, sweetheart" said y/n's exasperated aunt, " you're only seven."

"What about Jun?"

"He's eleven. Also too young"

At that point y/n checked the clock and almost jumped out of her chair. She only had 15 minutes to catch the train! She grabbed her plate and shoved it in the sink.

"Ah! Sorry, I need to go now or I'll miss my train!" Y/n announced to everyone. She speedily brushed her teeth, grabbed her backpack, shoes and ran to the door.

"Y/N!" y/n's aunt called out, arms crossed as she watched you go through the door.

"Yes?"

"Good luck today!" She said with a sympathetic smile. 

"Thank you."

"You know... your parents would be proud of you, dear" she called out right before y/n closed the door.

~

Y/n stood at the daunting gates of U.A High School. She gulped. This was really happening. She was going to take the U.A entrance exam. 

Here we go!

She stepped into the school and joined the rest of the examinees in the presentation hall. 

She took her seat around the middle top row of the large hall. Y/n then took the opportunity to scan the other examinees around her. It was slightly dark, but she could see all types of different kids.

This reassured her slightly, having expected to only see examinees who looked like they might have fighting style quirks. But still... a shiver went down her spine just knowing how many people were competing for the very limited spots at U.A.

"ARE YOU REEEAAAAAADYYYYYYYY?!?!?" suddenly screeched a familiar voice. Y/n's eyes widened as she looked to the stage and saw, not an alarm this time but the real thing, Present Mic! The leather-clad hero stood frozen, arms wide open as if expecting a cheer from the audience.

After a dead audience response, he proceeded to explain how the exam would be scored; examinees would need to defeat enemy bots in order to gain points; however, there was a 'zero point bot' to watch out for. 

Even if y/n hadn't understood Present Mic's instructions, a green-haired boy next to her repeated all of them as he excitedly muttering to himself. However, the boy was promptly scolded by another strict-sounding boy with glasses, causing him to go red from embarrassment. Y/n chuckled to herself. 

He must be a hero fanboy.

~

At the battle grounds, y/n took in a deep breath as she tried to calm herself just before the practical exam started. She and about 50 or so other examinees stood nervously at the gates of the battle centre, rolling out their wrists, warming up up anxiously on the spot. 

She then noticed that the green-haired boy was standing nearby. He must have been assigned to the same battle ground.

"Hey!" Y/n called out to the green-haired boy, causing him to jump a little.

"Y-yes?!" he answered, flustered.

"I was, uh, sitting next to you in the presentation" y/n said with a nervous smile. "I'm a little nervous too. I just want to say, um... good luck!"

The green-haired returned her nervous smile. 

"Oh, thank you! ...You too!" he stuttered.

Suddenly, Present Mic's voice screeched; "WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!?! REAL HEROES DON'T WAIT FOR A BATTLE TO START!!" - shocking everyone.

All of the examinees to abruptly rushed into the battle centre. Y/n bolted to join them.

Mom, dad, I'll get into U.A... I'll become a hero.

I'll do you proud.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 7K 40
Momo Yaoyorozu and Shoto Todoroki are classmates at UA High. Both teens find themselves torn between doing what they want to and what their family ex...
336 13 17
Y/N Shota just enrolled in U.A high. Her quirk? You will find out soon enough... Y/N finds her long lost friend Ochako Uraraka and ends up being in t...
747K 22.1K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
486 22 22
modern au (quirkless) Y/n, an aspiring actress meets Shoto Todoroki, someone who doesn't have a true aspiration but rather is living to accomplish hi...