can you manage? *dramione*

By bruhdawg__

"'Are you sure you can manage it, Granger?'" ----- Hermione has, once again, gotten caught for being out afte... More

Chapter 2: Hermione's First Practice
Chapter 3: The Locker Room
Chapter 4: Hermione's First Game
Chapter 5: A Slytherin Party
Chapter 6: Private Practice
Chapter 7: Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin
Chapter 8: Hermione Remembers
Chapter 9: Meet Montague
Chapter 10: Football Practice
Chapter 11: T-1 Day
Chapter 12: The Quidditch House Cup
Chapter 13: Mud
Chapter 14: Press
Chapter 15: The European National Cup
Epilogue

Chapter 1: Warm Welcoming

9.9K 176 206
By bruhdawg__

I've had it.

I'm done with Ronald Bilius Weasley. I mean it this time too.

I should've known it would end up like this, a mess. It technically all started with Lavender back in 6th year. He knew I liked him, he had to, it was so obvious, yet he still chose her over me.

But finally towards the end, he realized I was the one for him. It really was great between us in the beginning. He was just himself. Funny and kind. I spent the whole summer at the Burrow with him and his family while my parents were away on vacation in France. We had barely left each other's side. He was my first serious boyfriend too, I don't really count Viktor.

Then it's like the switch flipped when school started again in September. It started small, with little things. Like he'd constantly forget school work, which is normal, but then he'd ask me for it. It started to grow, he'd get possessive of me even when there was no reason to. I wanted to study with Dean, who everyone knows is gay and with Seamus, but he freaked the fuck out claiming people would think I'm cheating on him. Soon I never got time to myself, my life was Ron's life.

So I started lying, saying I was in the library studying, which sometimes was true, but other times I'd go hide in the astronomy tower or hang around the Black Lake. He never liked when I did school, so he'd let me be. I had gotten caught a few times by McGonagall but she'd usually let me off with the usual warning because she knew I did work very hard.

I wasn't so lucky this time around. I feel like such an idiot. I should've known he was going to follow me, snoop to find out what I'm actually doing.

"Why're you lying to me 'Mione?" he asked, walking from behind the bush he was hiding behind.

I turned around from the Black Lake, still surprised to see him here "I wanted to be alone, honestly"

He looked at me skeptically, then started shaking his head "You're cheating on me aren't you." He moved forward, I stepped back "Who, who is it?"

I rolled my eyes, looking at him in bewilderment "No one, Ron. Stop being so ridiculous!" I started pacing back and forth in front of the lake "You're jealousy is the reason I'm here. I'm tired of you constantly being around me, dictating what I do. That's not who I am, I don't let people just control me like that."

His face was growing red, visibly showing his rising anger "But you love me, it doesn't matter, we're happy. You could've told me-"

"Stop. Just stop" I stopped pacing and turned to face him "I couldn't have told you because we'd start the argument that we're currently having!" I sighed, taking a few angry breaths before continuing "We're not happy, Ron, I did love you at one point" His face fell, unreadable "But not anymore. You're not the same, I don't know what happened but I didn't choose to date an absolute prick!"

"Miss Granger, Mr. Weasley," The depressing voice of Snape grumbled, "I do hate to interrupt this conversation, but I'm a bit fatigued and would like to finish reporting you both in for being out after hours, in order to get to my chambers."

Ron didn't so much as look at me as we followed Snape to the headmaster's office, even as we were led to sit in the seats next to each other.

Dumbledore summoned McGonagall, who arrived in her nightgown with her hair braided in a crown plait on top of her head. They discussed privately while Snape retired to his chambers, just as he said he would.

"Mr. Weasley, you may go back to your dorm, but remember this as a warning" Dumbledore announced once the professor and headmaster had returned.

Ron left without a word.

McGongall watched him leave, with a curious look on her face. Yet when she looked at me, all I saw was disappointment. "Miss Granger, I have let you off with far too many warnings for you to be caught again and this time with Mr. Weasley"

I stiffened "I assure you Professor McGonagall, nothing was going on between Ron and I, I would never, ever sneak out to-"

Dumbledore waved his hand, causing me to close my mouth "Yes, yes, we are well aware nothing of that sort was going on" he said, slightly chuckling to himself.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. McGonagall continued "I hate to say but I can't let you off with a warning this time, you have to deal with the consequences now." I nodded my head, understanding that she had already been very generous. "While you would usually do a week or two of detention-"

"I came up with a better idea for you" Dumbledore butted in, his eyes filled with pure glee. "I wouldn't want that brain of yours to go to waste for weeks, especially when a perfect opportunity has just arisen."

My curiosity peaked, I would honestly do anything to not have detention, especially when I'd most likely have it for weeks. "What is it?"

He seemed like he couldn't even control his excitement, "A certain quidditch team at our school has some wonderful players, and are having a truly fantastic season, but since our teams manage themselves, they've requested to be assigned a team manager. Especially when they aim to even attend the National Quidditch Championship. Would you want to be their manager?"

That doesn't seem too bad. I knew gryffindor had been doing well, but I didn't think this well. "I can do that, at least for Harry"

Dumbledore barked a laugh, looking at McGonagall who didn't seem as amused. "Think more 'for Draco' than Harry"

I stilled, "You mean the slytherin quidditch team?!"

I wanted to smack the grin of Dumbledore's face "Yes, the slytherin quidditch team. You will help keep track of their roster, oversee practices, keep their locker room and uniforms clean, supply refreshments at games, maybe advise them a bit at practice, keep track of their quidditch scouting, you may even need to do some medical practices during practice."

"Well I haven't even agreed to this" I stated, I was not about to spend all my effort babysitting a group of assholes, letting them boss me around.

He rose his eyebrows, surprised by my possible defiance, "Well you could turn it down, but then you'd have 3 months worth of detentions with Professor Snape-"

"I'll do it"

***

The next day was, as you could probably assume, very, very, awkward. I skipped breakfast choosing not to sit with Harry and Ron, but when lunch rolled around I had no choice.

I was giddy with joy when I saw only Harry sitting at our spot at the gryffindor table. I sat down across from him, already grabbing various foods to pack onto my plate.

"So Hermione, I heard-" Harry started to say.

I held my hand up, "Harry, I don't want to talk about it. I know he's your best mate, so I don't think it's the best idea to discuss this"

Harry nodded, staying quiet for a while before saying "I actually am kinda on your side, he's been a prick for a while now and I just chose to ignore it"

"Yeah, I did too," I agreed, peeling my orange. I had been so distracted by the orange, I didn't even see Ron approach beside me.

He reached a hand out to touch my shoulder, but I quickly retracted back. "'Mione-"

"What, Ron? You don't need to touch me to talk to me" I snapped, vaguely aware of everyone's eyes on us.

He sighed, looking anxiously around the Great Hall "Can we go talk somewhere private, please"

I laughed, "I'd rather not Ron, anything you have to say to me can be said right now" I gestured around the table, which was empty around us. Harry had already gotten up saying something about potions and Snape.

He rubbed the back of his, still glancing around the hall at everyone watching us like they're at a lunch & a show event. "So we're okay right?"

I barked a laugh, head thrown back and everything "Can you really not see that we are not okay? Ron, I can't deal with this anymore, we're done."

His mouth gaped at me "Like broken up?"

"Yes" I said, standing from the table, orange forgotten. "It's for the better"

Everyone around us was completely silent, waiting, anticipating Ron's reaction. He seemed to not even know how to react, but of course because this is Ron, he chose the worst reaction. "Well actually that's fine, I liked Lavender better anyways, she knows how to truly fulfill all a man's pleasures"

SMACK

My hand was still stinging as I walked up to him, so close to his face, "Don't you dare. You know that's not true. I seem to recall you always begging and begging for me to go down on you, even with your mother in the room." I turned towards everyone around us "Now does that seem like something someone would do if they didn't like what they were receiving?"

Most people remained silent but a few from the the other end of the gryffindor table, and even slytherin table shook their heads no or said a quiet "no"

I turned back to Ron, still fuming with anger. "That's what I thought. If I were you, Ron, I'd watch what you say, because I at least can back myself up." I moved my throbbing hand to now point at him "Unlike yourself, but since you brought up pleasuring each other I think it's time for me to admit something, I faked it. every. single. time. just to get you to stop. Wanna back that up?"

He shook his head no. I huffed, stepping back straightening myself out. I looked at no one as I strutted out of the Great Hall.

***

I skipped all my afternoon classes. Dumbledore didn't seem to mind when I stopped by his office after lunch to pick up things for the slytherin practice tonight, saying that I wanted to get a head started on player stats. I could obviously care less about their stats, but I just needed the excuse.

Practice was supposed to start at 4. I was ready in my dorm at 3:30, but I didn't want to head down to be the first one there, or have to awkwardly stand around with one of them while we waited for others. I don't know if Dumbledore told them I was their new team manager, or if he even found a manager at all.

I knew these next few months were going to be hell, but when I looked at their roster, all hope was lost.

Draco Malfoy (seeker)

Blaise Zabini (chaser)

Theo Nott (chaser)

Adrian Pucey (chaser)

Gregory Goyle (beater)

Vincent Crabbe (beater)

Marcus Flint (keeper and captain)

Of course the majority of the team had given me hell these past 7 years. I didn't really know Pucey, Nott, or Flint well, but I can only assume they're like the other 4, especially when Nott, Zabini, and Malfoy only hang around each other.

At exactly 4 I decided to walk down, giving them time to chat and hopefully all arrive before my presence, no doubt, ruins their day.

Luckily the stroll down to the pitch was easy, I took note that the weather is very lovely this afternoon, so if I'm murdered, at least I will die surrounded by beautiful skies and fresh air.

As I arrived at the bottom of the pitch, I realized I was the only one on the ground, everyone else was already flying around, tossing the quaffle back and forth. I guess I didn't really plan this well.

I watched them goof around for a bit till one of them, Zabini, pointed at me and everyone started to descend, hopping off their brooms looking at me like I just told them magic isn't real. I also noticed they were all still in their Hogwarts uniforms, not their quidditch gear. Were they just tossing the quaffle around for fun? Odd. I've sat through many gryffindor practices, and they never did that.

"Lost, Granger?" Zabini said, picking up his broom.

Ah, Dumbledore didn't tell them. Merlin, I don't like that man.

When I didn't answer right away Goyle budded in "We get you came here to ogle us, but this is a closed practice" Crabbe chuckled at the joke while I rolled my eyes.

"Actually, I'm your new manager, so there will be no ogling" I said, painting an atrociously obvious fake smile on my face.

They all looked at each other and started laughing, Nott even having to put both hands on his knees to stable himself from laughter as he said "He actually took us seriously, that Dumbledore believes everything"

I slightly gasped "Wait, so you don't actually need me, well, that's great. I'll be on my way now-"

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down, you're here now, and it honestly wouldn't hurt to have a manager" said the boy with dark hair. I just looked at him before he continued "I'm Captain of this fine team, Mar-"

"Marcus Flint" I finished for him, unamused by the hand he was offering me to shake.

He grinned "Big fan are we?"

I grinned back "I read the roster, don't think you're special"

Nott started laughing again, but was quieted when Flint shot him a glare. After his glare, he looked back at me, not as joyful as he was the first time he acknowledged me. "I assume Dumbledore already went over all your duties you are to complete for this team"

I nodded my head, chancing a glance at everyone. I noticed Malfoy was standing a bit away from everyone else, moving a stone around with his shoe.

Flint clapped his hands, startling me from Malfoy's shoe "Perfect, then let's get practice started." As everyone moved towards the locker room, Flint turned back around with a final instruction "And Granger, don't interfere with our practices, we really only need you to clean and do our paperwork."

I gaped at him as he vanished into the locker room. I felt a pat on my shoulder and turned to see Nott giving me an awkward smile "I'm gonna apologize in advance for anything that happens while you're manager"

I blinked at him but he just chuckled and left to change for practice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 12.4K 58
It had been too long, why reveal the truth after years? Hermione Granger was believed to be Muggleborn most of her life, till she found out some une...
26K 409 49
Hermione stepped in for her sick roomate Ginny to interview an successful business man Draco Malfoy for their campus paper, but little does she know...
1.7M 36.7K 53
His hands gripped her waist, and his head fit perfectly in the crook of her neck. She leaned back into his chest, a small smile spreading across her...
1.4M 41.2K 33
*COMPLETE* CRAZY and COMPLICATED. That's what Hermione's life becomes when, after a heated argument with the Slytherins, Ron impulsively bets away H...