The Light to His Darkness

By theboywhosabrat

Ruthless, heartless and a man with no weaknesses. That's what they say. Those steely grey eyes of his hold t... More

A/N
Characters and Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 44

3.9K 103 5
By theboywhosabrat

"Have you taken your meds, bella?"

"Yes, Alessandro, I did; thanks for reminding me, though," I said, leaning against the cupboards, admiring my man fixing his tie.

"Your wellbeing is my main priority. You should know that," Alessandro spoke with a smile, his dimples appearing.

I was just simply taking in his handsome self.

Alessandro looks good in almost everything, but he reaches a whole other level of attractiveness when he wears his business suits. He appears to look like this dark and brooding person whenever he wears that specific article of clothing.

And I find myself being surprised with my mind whenever I imagined Alessandro to be those businessmen where we find in romance novels.

"Someone looks extra fashionable today," Alessandro said, eyeing me.

"Is it? I wore my clothes like any other day for work."

"We have to go. It's 7:30 already." I went to bring my office bag from my study.

"Good morning, Mary," I greeted the maid whom I had made friends with since we started staying here as she was sweeping the stairs.

"Good morning, Miss Amy," she greeted me back. I had told her a few times to just call me Amy.

Ugh, having maids to do housework really makes me feel like a bad person.

I walked to the garage where Alessandro was waiting for me in his car.

"Can we stop by Starbucks if there's enough time? I am in dire need of some coffee," I requested.

"Sure. There's one near work," he said, looking at his watch.

"Do you want anything? Coffee? Pastries?" I asked him before stepping out of the car.

"Just get me whatever you're getting," he replied.

"Be right back," I said and went into the place.

"Can I get two cold brews with an espresso shot and milk and two of these buns, please?" I ordered, pointing at the cinnamon rolls.

The barista took my order, and I paid for it. After a few minutes, I got my order and went back to the car.

"Here," I handed him his drink and cinnamon roll.

We both took our first sip at the same time, and oh my goodness, the cold drink going down my esophagus made me moan in pleasure.

"It's nice, indeed," Alessandro said, chuckling.

"You should eat the cinnamon roll while it's hot," I told him.

"Mmmm," he mumbled.

We had our breakfast right outside the Starbucks place because I was strangely feeling hungry today.

"We should go. It's nearing 8," I said.

"I'll have to remind you that you have an interview with GQ magazine today," I informed him.

"Oh yes, I know. I've been avoiding them for years, and now they're lucky," he replied.

"Why'd you ignore them?" I asked.

"They tend to ask nonsensical things a lot. And they love to pry into my personal life. Now me having you, they're probably gonna be asking about our relationship a lot," he said.

"One of the struggles of being someone famous, sadly," I muttered.

"Isn't GQ like a fashion magazine? I always see actors and singers on the cover," I asked in confusion.

"No, it's a men's lifestyle magazine. Practically anyone influential can be in the cover," he said.

"Have you been on the cover of any magazine Alessandro?"

"Yeah, Jake and I had been on the cover of Men's Health once three years ago. Forbes offered me after reaching my one billion dollar mark, but I declined."

"Wait, what? That's crazy. I have to tell Hailey this," I said to him while searching for the cover on the Internet.

I found it within seconds. The cover was a picture of Alessandro wearing a tank top, hanging his arm around the neck of a shirtless Jake. Both men were smiling cheekily, showing their pearly whites.

"They interviewed us about fitness and workout stuff, our diets, just general health-related questions. Jake was more than excited to answer the embarrassing questions than me."

"Wow," I said, being amazed.

"I have a copy or two in my study at home. You can have it if you want."

"I don't want it, but I could have a look of it once, though."

"Do you think you want to be in any cover after this?"

"As for now, no, because my mind is in the next product launch. But maybe in the near future, I will, with you," he said.

"With me? Nah, you don't need to."

"That's what you'll say now, but we will go on a couples shoot one day."

"We'll see about that," I said. I am never going on a magazine cover. Ever. I'm too insecure to do that.

Alessandro entered the private garage, which was in the back of the building.

"Not to forget, we have to attend a charity gala tonight," Alessandro told me as we were walking to the elevator.

"Who is hosting it?"

"Ryker Enterprises. We had a meeting with their CEO last week."

"We don't have to go if you want to, bella. I'm not pressuring you," Alessandro continued.

"You're not. I'm okay with it," I replied.

We went up to our offices and work started.

An hour later, the people from GQ called me to inform me of their arrival. I quickly called the receptionist at the lobby to guide them to the uppermost floor, where only occupied by Alessandro and me.

I went to Alessandro's office to inform him as well.

"Hey Alessandro, the GQ team are here," I said, walking towards his desk.

"Oh really? I didn't expect them to be this early," he told me.

"You don't need to," he said, as I was fixing his tie and making sure his hair looks nice.

"I need to make sure my boyfriend looks good."

"Okay, enough. They'll be here soon."

"Good luck," I said, kissing his cheek, and went out of his office and walked to the elevator for their arrival.

The elevator dinged, alerting their arrival—the elevator door opening, revealing two men and a woman. I'm assuming they will have a video interview and write an article about Alessandro in the magazine because they had camera equipment with them.

"Hello there, good morning," the woman greeted.

"Good morning. Welcome to Durante Enterprises," I greeted them back.

"Here. Come this way," I guided them to Alessandro's office.

"Mr.Durante is ready for your presence. He can be interviewed right away," I told them.

"Noted, Miss. Roberts. Thank you for your kind service," one of the men thanked.

"Sure thing. I'll leave the three of you to it," I said and returned to my office.

Sitting on my chair, I huffed.

Around half a year ago, I was just an ordinary woman, freshly graduated from university and finding a decent job.

But now, I am the personal assistant for the richest man of North America, and the cherry on top, I'm his girlfriend too; the irony.

Life is going on crazy for me. This is never something I had imagined, even in my wildest dreams.

I called the receptionist again to tell them that any calls directed to Alessandro were diverted to me until I said otherwise.

Opening my computer, I logged into Alessandro's account to answer some emails while thinking about how lucky I am to be led into this life. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all. This is kind of a shorter chapter this time. Regardless, I hope you guys enjoy it. 

This is how Alessandro and Jake looked like in the Men's Health magazine:

P.S.  Jake's appearance can be up to your imagination. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 38.6K 59
'SHE CAME INTO HIS LIFE, AND BECAME IT' The most powerful and ruthless member of the 𝐝𝐞'𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐨 family and the top business tycoon of Italy...
163K 3.4K 25
check out the story trailer on Youtube "Black sugar wattpad trailer". ••• "Let go of me" I coldly said. "I'm gonna make you scream my name" he whisp...
425K 12.5K 56
"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss off the great Cavallaro. Last night was...
8.7M 227K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...