Cheeky

By Innocence_is_bliss

Nineteen year old Cassidy Forester wants to get away from it all. She wants to be as far away as possible fro... More

№ I. Takeoff
№ 3. Panties & A Bridge
№ 4. Leaky Faucet
№ 5. Only One
№ 6. Coffee Pimp
№ 7. Jaffa Love
№ 8. Paint War
№ 9. Smashing
№ 10. Let's Get Accepted
№ 11. Love Is Love
№ 12. It's Just Egg
№ 13. A...friend
№ 14. Warm On A Cold Night
№ 15. Kelly
№ 16. How It All Happened
№ 17. Two Truths and A Lie
№ 18. Road Trip
№ 19. George's House
№ 20. I've Got Game
№ 21. Define The Relationship
№ 22. Mr. Panty-Dropper
№ 23. 50 Shades of Biscotti
№ 24. I'll Hurt Him
№ 25. London Calling
№ 26. Chocolate Cake
№ 27. Let Me In
№ 28. Choices
№ 29. Burning Bridges
№ 30. The Finish Line
№ 31. Sour
№ 32. Make it To Me
№ 33. Daylight

№ 2. Double C's

1.9K 41 7
By Innocence_is_bliss

I grabbed everything from the overhead compartment and slung it across my shoulder as all the passengers made their way out of the plane. It was all happening so fast, everyone was leaving, rushing, and as soon as I left the gate it looked as though every person on the planet was in London Heathrow Airport. It was jam-packed with crowds of babies, families, couples, and I was whirling around like a chicken without a head. I just needed to find the damn Luggage Return and then I could leave.

There were signs overhead at every corner and I kept my eyes glued to the ceilings until I eventually wandered over to the baggage carousels. The entire airport was some sort of  palace constructed of steel and lights and I spent many moments staring in awe. Massive arches swept across overhead and everything was tactfully designed with an innovative air.

Lines of people wrapped around the conveyors waiting, and I gently wedged myself past a throng of German students until I was next to the carousel. They didn't seem to like me very much and I kept my head down as they eyed me with distaste. They were very tall and bundled up in puffy jackets with thickly knitted scarves of yellow, red and black that strangled their throats. 

Suddenly the giant red buzzer that sat atop the carousel went off and the small mouth of the conveyor began to spew forth luggage. All I needed were two light blue suitcases and I was out of here. One step closer to freedom. After a while it seemed to be endless and every bag eventually started to look the same. This had to be a cruel joke, did my baggage not make it on the plane? It's light blue, not that hard to miss. Hell, every other piece of luggage that was coming out was either black - or black.

After fifteen minutes of standing my legs started to cramp and I looked down at my wrist to my watch. This was ridiculous, I had - finally! Two, beautiful, clean, blue suitcases rolled out on to the conveyor belt and I was prepared to shove people out of the way to embrace them. I had never seen anything more beautiful and I felt my eyes begin to water. Damn, all those Nicholas Sparks movies on the plane had me on a hormonal roller coaster. But I had to contain my excitement, after all, I was surrounded by hostile Germans.

They arrived, turning the corner of the conveyor and just as I prepared to reach for them, two pairs of hands snapped out and snatched them. My eyes went wide and every cell within my body became layered in ice as I entered bitch mode. No. Mine.

I gritted my teeth as I turned to find a girl from the group of students roughly dragging my suitcases off of the carousel and preparing to leave with her buddies.

I cleared my throat, waving my hand a little to get their attention, "Excuse me, but I think there's been a mistake. Those are mine."

As I reached out to take the luggage the brunette suddenly jerked away from me, throwing me a harsh glare as she suddenly spat rapid-fire German. Crap. This was going to be harder than I had expected.

I paused for a moment, trying to think this through. I didn''t know sign language. So I pointed to the luggage calmly and then gestured to myself, "Mine."

The brunette's friends, five very tall and very mean looking men, suddenly turned to tower over me. One of them turned to her, questioning her. Tall and equally ferocious, she suddenly cried out.

"Diese Hündin versucht, mein Gepäck zu stehlen!" and jabbed a finger at me.

German number one spun on his heel, his face suddenly stricken with anger. Oh boy - shit just got real. I had no clue as to what she said, but whatever it was, I was now in a very bad position. I became flustered as I tried to explain myself.

"Listen, I'm just trying to say that this is my luggage. You have the wrong stuff," I tried to grab for them again, catching the handle of one and the brunette flipped.

"Nimm deine Hände weg!"

"But they're mine!" I was suddenly thrust forward as she tried to rip it from my hands.

We tumbled onto the floor and Christ, this girl had power. My backpack flew off my shoulder, thwacking her in the head but she hardly noticed as it flew on to the carousel. What the hell, is she now made of steel? Crap, now my other bag was running away just as well. I struggled to get up as the conveyor took the backpack away, but my other hand was still tethered to my luggage. I had to choose between the two and this girl wasn't about to wait.

With all my force, I jerked the suitcase from her and jumped onto the carousel with both feet as I hurried to track down the backpack. But no, it couldn't be that simple. It was never that simple. The psycho had hopped on after me and I glanced over my shoulder quickly. Bad idea - My eyes went wide as I saw the rabid thing trying to claw her way towards me and I could swear she was foaming at the mouth. Oh no, Germans bite.

Now it was a wild chase as I picked up my suitcase, all forty pounds of it and  started skipping over various pieces of luggage as I spotted my purple drawstring bag a few feet away. So close, I was almost there, and then psycho came. Out of nowhere I was flung off the carousel in a mad frenzy of limbs and luggage as the brunette and I barrelled into a group of Japanese tourists.

'Nein!"

"It's mine!"

A punch was thrown, dodged it, I ducked "Ha!".

"Arschloch!"

"I'll shove it up your Arschloch!" My drawstring was now getting in the way of her hands and I was close to prying her fingers off.

It seemed like her friends found this amusing, because all I heard in the background were tremendous fits of laughter while I struggled to wrench one of my two suitcases from an unstable German. Her foot sudenly collided with my hip and I was forced to let go as searing pain tore through my side. I crumpled up, doubling over as my hair fell over my face. The laughter stopped and there was uncomfortable silence as I rocked back and forth, gripping my left side.

I had clamped my eyes shut, not realizing that German girl was sitting, watching me.

"Bist du in Ordnung?" I blinked as I felt a hand lightly touch my shoulder. I recoiled from the touch and she quickly drew back.

Looking up, I could see the brunette gazing down at me with sudden worry and I assumed that she was asking if I were alright.

I nodded, gingerly getting on my knees. Putting both hands up I gestured for her to wait, swallowing anxiously as I feared for the safety of my fingers. Then, cautiously pointing to the suitcase she let me scuffle over to it. Slowly flipping it onto its side, I led her to look on the back of the fabric where a small film of plastic had been stitched. Inside the pocket lay a white slip of paper with my information, including name and address. Her eyes widened as she read the name aloud, "Cassidy Forester," in her thick accent.

I nodded my head; a wave of relief washing over me as I watched comprehension spread over her sharp features. Thank sweet baby Jesus, she understood.

The girl got up, quickly extending both hands to me. I was hesitant at first, good God she was strong, but latched on and let her help me up.

A brief fit of frustration wrinkled her face as she said, with struggle, "I am sorry".

I did my best to smile, "It's okay". Well, not my physical state.

The girl and her friends handed me my luggage, rambling as they tried to make conversation but I was exhausted and sore, so I just turned and walked off. My brain was fried and I was jet lagged; this was no time to learn a new language - I just wanted to sleep. Grabbing my luggage I left, somehow finding the exit and walking out into the brisk English air. It was a rather dreary looking day, as large gray clouds hung overhead and the air nipped at my exposed arms.

I wasn't used to the lack of warmth or sunlight, and squinted to look for a phonebooth. I would get the hang of my cell phone problems later, but for now I needed to call my dad. I was now in the pick up area, and stood on the tips of my toes to search over the crowds. Taxis and compact cars of all sorts were arriving and departing as people came in and out, and I moved with the crowds until I made it the end of the area where a series of phonebooths were set up.

Entering one I squinted to read the monetary requirements for the call. Putting in some sort of jumble of coins, I dialed quickly, jamming each button harshly with my forefinger as I wedged the phone between my ear and shoulder. After three rings, Dad picked up.

"We aren't interested in your free trials."

"No-"

"Look, you guanranteed it free but we tried them out and they broke, if you know what I mean," In the background I heard Kelly giggle and suddenly shriek as my Dad growled, most likely grabbing her. I think I'm going to puke.

"Dad."

There was a pause, and I heard a throat clear, "...Cass?"

"Yeah. Cassidy."

"Oh! Sweetie, you landed? How was your flight?"

I sighed, "Long. But then there was this whole thing at the return-"

"No, sugar-lips, that's the closet. The bathroom door is on the other side."

"Dad?"

"Yeah munchkin?"

Resting my head against the glass of the phone booth, I felt my determination to make conversation suddenly fall, "The flight was great."

"That's nice. Listen, there's a driver waiting for you. He'll take you to your apartment."

My eyebrows rose in anger and I stood straight, "Dad, you told me that I could stay in a dorm."

"I don't want you staying in some dirty room with strangers."

"It's a clean room that I'll share with one other person - a girl! It's not an orgy!"

"Trust me munchkin, I've experienced these sorts of things first hand. I don't want you around it."

I felt my gag reflex kick in and hastily cleared my throat, "The school paid for everything, it didn't cost you and I wanted to be on my own; get a job and study."

I heard a chuckle on the other line, "Oh don't worry, you'll get a job. I'm only paid half for the first month of rent and the security deposit with your roommate. You'll have to cover for the rest of your time there."

"Roommate? I thought you didn't want me living with a stranger."

"She's not if I already talked with her."

I smirked, "What's her name?"

There was a pause, "You know, I was in such a rush, didn't quite catch it."

Inhaling, I understood that this was the best that my father was willing to compromise. He was a big time cardiologist in San Francisco, loaded in Kelly's eyes, but I never let myself depend on him. Time and time again, I proved to him that I could provide for myself and he didn't like it very much. I had gotten a free ride to go to this school, wanting to cut myself away from my parents as much as possible, but Dad wasn't having it.

"Look, you either stay in that apartment or you're coming back home. Take it or leave it."

"Ultimatum. Really?"

"You know my style munchkin," I could practically hear him grinning over the phone. I couldn't help but smile; I was grateful for what he had done for me.

"I love you."

"Love you too sweetie. Take London by storm!"

Saying goodbye, I hung up the phone and turned, nearly falling on my ass as out of nowhere a man with a sign stood at command on the other side of the glass. I shrieked, wondered how long he had been standing there, and looked him up and down with surprise. He was in his fifties, salt and pepper hair, and wore a corduroy suit. On the sign read my last name in bold caps, written in Sharpie presumably, and I carefully stepped out of the phonebooth.

I was about to speak when he interrupted, "The car is just down the road, is that your luggage?"

He was Scottish, and I nodded dumbly. The driver folded the sign, slipping in into the inside breast-pocket of his suit jacket and gracefully pulled out the handles of both suitcases, rolling them in front. I collected myself, scrambling after him as I tried to rearrange my things. I was freezing and my shorts and t-shirt didn't help.

It felt like winter in England, well it was February after all. I followed him past the pick-up area to a parking lot with hundreds of rows of vehicles until I was led to a sleek, black car with some foreign company symbol stamped on it's trunk. The driver gently placed my things in the trunk and then opened the passenger door for me. I looked up from the hem of my t-shirt, giving up on trying to pull it any lower past my knees and swallowed to see him waiting.

"Oh, sorry," I rushed over, getting inside. Strapping on the seatbelt, we geared the car in drive and took off. I was exhausted and I felt my eyelids start to droop. It was near night time here, although I didn't know the exact hour. I rested my head against the seat and slumped, casually glancing to my side but realized suddenly that I was on the left side of the car. He was driving on the right. Strange

 I could no longer look to my left for a clock, and was only met with acres of pasture. The skies were dimming and the fields of green grew darker as the day wound down to its end. In no time, I would be at my apartment.

~~~

"Miss?"

"No, I don't want a scone."

"Miss."

"Hidden Calories!"

A sudden sharp pain pinched my ear and I jolted forward out of the passenger seat. The car came to an abrupt stop but my body didn't. I was thrust forward and gracefully thwacked my forehead against the dashboard of the car as we came to a screeching halt. It felt as though someone had clubbed me in the head with a hammer and I groaned as I slumped back, holding my head with my hand.

"Oh Lord, my deepest apologies Miss. I was just trying to wake you."

I stole a glance from my side at the Scottish driver and gave him a dissatisfied look. He flicked me in the ear! What kind of a person flicks another person in the ear!  Germans and now Scots - this country was already summing up to be splendid.

"Well, we're here Miss."

"Where?" I rubbed my forehead with closed eyes.

"Your flat."

I gave him a blank look and he smiled understandingly, "Right. American term, um, your apartment?"

"Oh!" I snapped to attention and turned to my right so excitedly that my forehead collided with the passenger window, "God dammit!"

I need to stop doing that! I haven't even been in this country for a day and I've already hurt myself plenty, this couldn't be a good sign.

"Are you alright-"

"Fine! Just peachy!," I spoke hurriedly, wiping the pane of the window with my hand to try and erase the print of my forehead.

We got out of the car and unloaded everything. I looked up to see that we were in a neighborhood of chic apartment buildings with same cafes that dotted the streets. People walked by leisurely and I suddenly smiled as the atmosphere of the neighborhood made me feel at home.

"Your father told me to tell you that your apartment is on the fifth floor. It's 10D."

"Thank you," I turned and stuck out my hand.

He blinked at it, and then heartily shook it, grinning at my gesture. I grabbed my suitcases, thanking him once more, and walked up the steps to the building. But the door was locked and as I turned around in confusion, the driver had already sped off. How was I supposed to get in? Maybe if I banged really hard then someone would come, but then I would look like a crazy. I don't need any police getting involved -

"Take that you bloody bastard!"

I tuned, startled at the sound of the cry and the sharp sound of breaking glass. There on the sidewalk was what appeared to be a destroyed lava lamp, and I blinked at it curiously. A guy in his early twenties suddenly appeared, running to the mess in horror with outstretched arms. Sorry buddy, that ain't coming back.

He suddenly looked upward with anger, "That was a gift!"

The voice from earlier came back in a screeching reply, "From your whore!"

Aw snap. Looks like Mr. Lava Lamp's a cheater. This is good. What kind of guy even owns a lava lamp anymore.

"I'm coming up there! Let me in!" He shouted back.

A sudden flurry of boxers and socks came raining down in response, a pause, and then the crashing of a large wooden drawer. Nice. This girl had style. He unfortunately dodged the flying drawer, but I was relieved that I wouldn't have to call a medic.

"Now bugger off you wanker!"

Oooo, she just called you a bad word bro. Whatcha gonna do? I watched excitedly in anticipation of lover boy's next move, but he just yelled back a multitude of curses at her. This wasn't going anywhere and my face was starting to go numb. It was freezing! I left my bags at the doorstep and proceeded out onto the sidewalk next to the tomato-faced boy. Looking up, I finally spotted a rather arrogant looking blond situated on the ledge of her window smoking a cigarette. She had long, curly hair that framed her face and rested her back against the wall as she exhaled a large puff of smoke.

She looked like she could kick some ass and I rose an eyebrow at her attitude. She also looked like fun.

"Uh, excuse me!" I called out.

Lover boy suddenly shut up and the blond turned lazily to glance down at me, "What?"

"I was wondering if you could let me into the building, I don't have a key."

She eyed me up and down, "Are you the twat that's been shagging this arse?"

I shook my head vigorously, not helping the fact that I also let a laugh slip, "No, I just came to England a few hours ago." I also hastily stepped away from the weird lookin' lava lamp boy, fearing what I might be able to contract from simple contact.

The girl gave me a slight look of interest and then took a long drag from her cigarette, "Really? Where from?"

"America. California to be exact," I shouted back.

She nodded and then suddenly her eyes expanded to the size of bowling balls and she  pointed two cigarette clutched fingers at me, "You're the girl from the States?"

I nodded slowly, not knowing where she was going with this until she slapped the window sill and let out a laugh, "I'm your new flatmate!"

Oh boy. This was going to be fun, "Well then, come on up. I'll throw you down the keys!" She disappeared from the window sill and then reappeared moments later with a jangle of ten or so keys, "It's the gold one!," and then threw them down. I rushed to catch them and did, awkwardly, as they almost fell down my shirt in an uncomfortable mess. Swiping through the keys, I found the one gold one and rushed to the entrance. I nearly forgot that Lover Boy was standing next to me the whole time in dumbfounded disbelief at our conversation. He ran with me and as I unlocked the door I suddenly realized that he was expecting to come in after me. To my now apartment. Ah hell no.

I rushed my things inside and quickly turned, facing him as I was on the other side of the door and he had his foot in the threshold. I'm not about to break his foot but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to get this maniac to leave. He obviously already got the idea that I wasn't about to let him inside, and he began to do what he thought best. Flirt. Ugh, now I knew why my roommate must hate him so much. The guy was a total douche bag.

"Now come on hon'," he started.

"I don't think so," I smiled back sweetly.

"Now look, there are just some things I need to get sorted out. How about later we go and I buy you a pint?"

I felt my eyebrows rise in amusement, was this guy serious? He had a more than pissed girlfriend upstairs and at this very moment, was offering to buy me a drink later. I had the overwhelming urge to give him a hard kick to the family jewels but decided to keep the situation PG. 

"Okay. Than sounds nice," I decided to play along.

He grinned, bleck, he had had gross teeth, "Fantastic, I've never been with an American girl before."

"Well, there's a first for everything," I smiled sweetly at him, noticing cleverly that he had removed his foot from the threshold and was simply leaning in.

"How about we go now?"

He thought it over, about to answer when I latched on to the handle of the entrance door and slammed it shut. There were loud bangs and curses at the door as I rushed to the elevator that was in the middle of the lobby, grinning at my cunning skills. I arrived on floor five and rushed down the hall with my luggage, finally arriving at apartment 10D. Home sweet home I guess.

Before I even had time to knock the door swung open with a tall, curly blond waiting on the other side, hands in the air and with one fist clutching a lacy bra.

" 'Ello! My name's Chelsea!"

She ushered me inside and I glanced back at her, "My name is Cassidy"

She grinned, "Well would you look at that, a pair of Cs," she walked over to the large open window that was along the left wall of the apartment and chucked the bra out, "Those are the kinds you like, wanker!"

She turned back to me, grinning as she finally shut the window and locked it. Chelsea was rather pretty and very tall, naturally slender and dressed in sweats with a pink tank top. She had a thick bob of blond curls that fell bast her waist and pale green eyes, with thick lips and light freckles that sprinkled her nose and cheek bones. I smiled, enjoying her rambunctious sense of humor and snappy attitude.

"Some trouble with the boyfriend?"

Chelsea sighed, waving the subject off with an impatient hand, "Ex-boyfriend. But that's over with."

She looked down at my attire and laughed, "You must be chilled to the bone. You've got goosebumps."

I looked down, suddenly noticing the trail of said goosebumps covering my skin, "Oh yeah, I'm not used to the weather you could say," I laughed nervously.

"I'll get you a blanket."

She led me from the foyer of the apartment through the large open space that was sectioned into kitchen, living room, and dining room by simple placement of furniture. I liked how open it was, no walls, and admired the roughness of the whitewashed brick walls that were adorned with paintings and photographs.

"I like what you've done with the place," I commented as Chelsea picked up a wool blanket from a couch and handed it to me.

"Thanks. There's a hall further down and that's where the bedrooms and bath are. I'm sure you'll like your room."

Chelsea was nice. Definitely outspoken, but nice. I was already warming up to the place and she seemed to be pretty cool. Maybe today just came off on the wrong foot, but things were looking up now. I wrapped the blanket around my shoulders and finally settled my gaze on Chelsea with a tired smile.

"Thanks, for taking me as a roommate."

Chelsea grinned, "Yeah, well as you can tell, I'll be needing one since my last decided to use my room for 'other' purposes. Your dad's a man of many words. Real great at convincing too you know."

"Mhm, that sounds like him. But I promise I won't get in your hair, and I'll find a job soon."

"No worries, it's okay. Just get settled in and we'll talk in the morning."

I nodded, bidding Chelsea a 'good night' as she left to her room. I walked over to the window, making sure the ex-boyfriend was gone, and then looked out to the street. Everything was going to be fine, just breather Cassidy. Your roommate seems relatively stable and you've landed in one, throughly bruised, but whole piece in England. By tomorrow morning, everything would be settled and I could finally get started. Who knows what could happen here. The possibilities that the apartment held and the bustling neighborhood, made all the difference, and I smiled to myself in thought of what was to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 0 21
Martina Barry is a new student in town and at Bridgefield High. A very outgoing and active girl. But when player and flirt of the school, Juaquine Va...
22.9K 687 11
First-Person POV: After graduating from college you decided to move to London for a year, but what you didn't expect was to find your future in your...
24 0 8
Callie has just moved to university to start her first year of college. She knows no one at her new school and is desperate to make some. After all...
341K 13.5K 200
This story follows the journey of a girl by the name of Cassidy Monroe who falls in love with her mysterious yet charming professor, unaware that she...