Silence

By AndySimps

Death. I expected it but it came when I I least expected. Reincarnation. I don't know what to expect from it... More

1.Death
2.Time Really Flies.
3. Oh God No!
4. Blood Splattered Walls.
5. Isn't That Ironic?
6. Weird Neighbour.
7.Peaked My Interest.
8. Tick Tock.
9. Plot Begins.
10. It's So Simple.
11. Moment in Time.
12. You Pass.
13. The Puddle Of Doom.
14. Hit Rock Bottom.
15. It's Just A Sprain.
16. Chakra Not Chatora.
17. Awkward Dinner.
18. Miroirs De La Mort.
19. He's really short.
20. Home Sweet Home.
21. Talking Tortoise.
22. Sadist Ibiki.
23. The Forest Of Death.
24. Maki Modosu
25. Right Now?
26. Karito VS Karasu
27. My Paddles.
28. Abyss of Shadows
29. Try Again.
30. Oh, Goodbye.
31. Dramatic Entrance.
32. The Nightmare.
33. So Attached.
34. Just Give Me A Break.
35. Calm Down.
36. Too Pure.
37. Behind Kakashi's Mask. (Part 1)
38. Behind Kakashi's Mask (part 2)
39. Open Up.
40. Marathon Drama.
41. Ships And Banana's
42. Shinobi Mary Poppins.
43. Change In Style.
44. Promises and Betrayals.
45. Through The Eyes of Others.
46. Too Far Gone.
47. I Couldn't Bring her Back.
48. Till Death Do Me Part
49. Guilt and Sly Bastards.
50.Never Ending Tears.
52. Linoleum and Fluorescent.
53. Dark Voices and Plush Sharks.
54. Power Crazed Lunatics.
55. Sugar High.
56. Far More Valuable.
57. Sneaking Out and Midnight Rendezvous'
58. Awkwardness and Bleeding Noses.
59. Spare Keys and Apologies.
60. It's Just A Bump
61. Spilt Blood
62. Behind the Mask.
Chapter 63. Unblemished Linoleum.
64. Bloody Ceilings
65. Rain Check.
66. Ramblings and Fair Warnings
67. Fallen Cans and Stale Coffee.
68. Torture and Iced Tea.
69. Grocery Shopping and Unprompted Conversations
Hiatus till the 30th of May 2024

51.Baby Foxes and Owls

7.1K 404 104
By AndySimps

Third Persons P.O.V.

The news that Shizukana was awake had reached Shikamaru at around seven in the morning the next day.

As soon as the Nara heir heard, he got dressed and rushed to the hospital with all his power.

He dashed through the corridors and gently knocked on Shizukana's door. He opened the door expecting to see Shizukana awake but instead, she was back to laying on the bed. The only difference was that she didn't have her oxygen mask on.

"Shikamaru." Sakura greeted as she smiled at him. There was this small twinkle in her eyes that made Shikamaru sigh in relief.

"I thought she woke up," Shikamaru muttered softly as he walked towards the bed.

Kakashi who was standing near the window looked at him. "She did but she went back to sleep and still hasn't woken up," Kakashi answered making the Chunin nod.

"When do you think she'll wake up?" He said as he glanced at the clock. He had a C-Rank mission in two hours that required him to leave the village and head to Sunagakure.

"We can't say for sure. Shizukana still needs to rest." This time it was Sakura who answered.

Shikamaru tapped his fingers against the metal rails of the bed. He wanted to stay by Shizukana's side but he had a responsibility as a Chunin to attend missions.

But that meant that he had to leave the village for three days. The trip to Sunagakure in civilian speed took at least two days and back with Shinobi speed was five to six hours.

Shikamaru was torn between staying with his best friend or keeping his duty as a Chunin.

With a heavy sigh, Shikamaru rubbed his eyes. He would complete the mission. He knew that Shizukana would want him to do so.

"Is something wrong?" Sakura asked when she noticed the Nara's distressed expression.

Shikamaru looked at Sakura before shaking his head. "I have to prepare for a mission. I won't be back for three days at least."

"It's alright. Complete the mission and be back as soon as possible." Kakashi spoke making the Nara glance at his superior.

"But-" Shikamaru was interrupted by Kakashi.

"You're worried about Shizukana?" Kakashi questioned. He looked at the Nara who slowly nodded. "Don't worry. The hard part is over. Shizukana woke up. She's just a little tired." Kakashi said trying to lift some worry of Shikamaru's shoulders.

Kakashi's words calmed Shikamaru but he still wished he didn't have to go. He glanced at Shizukana who was laying peacefully before smiling a little. At least she woke up. She's going to be okay.

Shikamaru took a deep breath before nodding. "I have to go prepare." He glanced at Shizukana one last time before walking out the door.

Sakura watched Shikamaru leave. As soon the Nara walked out the door, a small smile crept up Sakura's face. "He cares about her so much. I remember the two of them at the academy. How much has changed." Sakura said while remembering the days when Shizukana and Shikamaru were inseparable.

"Good morning!" A cheery voice came from the corridor. It was Naruto. He walked in with flowers and a bright smile.

He flashed that blinding smile towards Sakura and Kakashi who returned it with a nod or a small smile.

"Naruto, what are you doing up so early?" Sakura said glancing at the clock. None of them had told Naruto that Shizukana had woken up.

"I dunno. I just felt like heading out early." Naruto said as he placed the flowers on the table before giving a small smile towards Shizukana.

"Well, we have something to tell you," Kakashi said as he walked towards the blond-haired Uzumaki. With a kind and enthusiastic smile, Kakashi placed his hand on Naruto's shoulder. "Shizukana woke up."

Naruto's eyes widened in joy. If possible, an even brighter smile appeared on his face as he snapped his head towards the unconscious girl. "But-but she's still unconscious," Naruto said furrowing his eyebrows.

The smile he had was shadowed with a slight frown.

"She's going to keep waking up and going back to sleep." The voice of Lady Tsunade made everyone, except Shizukana, face towards the door.

Lady Tsunade was leaning on the frame with a composed expression. "Her injuries were severe and her body needs to rest. She'll wake up in a while and then just go back to sleep within just a few hours of waking up." Lady Tsunade explained making Naruto nod.

"At least she woke up," Sakura said trying to lift the orange-clad ninja's hopes.

"Yeah," Naruto said numbly before shaking his head. He had this determined look on his face that made Kakashi and Tsunade share a knowing look.

"I'm going to stay by her side until she wakes up," Naruto said as if he was going on a mission. He grabbed a chair and placed it by the bed before taking a seat.

Kakashi and Sakura smiled while Tsunade shook her head at Naruto's antics.

Timeskip...

At around noon, Naruto left the room to get some lunch from the hospital cafeteria. He wanted to head out and get some ramen but he wanted to be by Shizukana whenever he can. Even if it means sacrificing some ramen.

Sakura and Lady Tsunade has left. Sakura to complete her tasks and Lady Tsunade back to the Hokage's office.

While they were gone, Kakashi decided to read his book but as soon as he opened the book, a strong wind entered from the window and swept up a stack of papers and petals from Naruto's flowers. They scattered themselves around the entire room making Kakashi softly groan.

Knowing that he would have to walk out to get a broom, Kakashi bent down and picked up the papers and petals one by one. He was too busy picking up the flowers to notice the movement on the bed.

Shizukana woke up to meet the grey ceiling once more. She slowly lifted her head and looked around the room. Her eyes caught the Jonin who was crouching. His back was turned to her.

Shizukana wanted to gain his attention, so she opened her mouth to speak but found her throat dry as a desert.

Using her right hand, Shizukana reached to the nightstand to grab the glass of water which was kept. With a shaky hand, she drank some water.

Halfway through the glass, Shizukana lost grip of the glass and it toppled onto her body. She let out a yelp as the water soaked her blanket and clothes.

The sudden yelp caused Kakashi to drop the petals on his hand and turn to Shizukana. He rushed to her immediately with wide eyes. "Shizukana!" Kakashi exclaimed as he scanned her for any injuries.

The white-haired shook her head as she grabbed the empty glass on her bed. "Some water spilt. That's all" She said managing to calm the panicked Jonin.

Kakashi took the glass from Shizuakana's shaky hand. "You have to stop surprising me. Just call my name next time." Kakashi gently scolded Shizukana.

"I'm sorry." Shizukana apologized.

Kakashi let out a quiet sigh before handing Shizukana some napkins. She gladly accepted and dabbed some of the water from her clothes and blanket.

She was glad that the glass didn't shatter. Shizukana didn't want any more injuries and she didn't want to burden anyone else.

A calm yet awkward silence filled the atmosphere. The silence reminded Shizukana of times when she activates her Time Manipulation.

Her mind then wandered to the last time she used her ability. To reverse the Chidori effects. Shizukana's fingers subconsciously traced her chest.

Shizukana could feel her vision blur but she shook her head. Crying isn't going to change anything. Swallowing her emotional feelings, Shizukana stole a glance at Kakashi who was staring at her.

Both Kakashi and Shizukana made eye contact. Kakashi tilted his head while Shizukana frowned.

Before either of them could say a word, the door opened and a familiar blond stepped in. He froze at the sight of Shizukana.

"Naruto? You're okay!" Shizukana said once she laid her eyes on Naruto. Sasuke didn't hurt him. He listened to me.

Naruto nodded before walking towards Shizukana. He had a smile on his face but that turned into a frown when he noticed the tears gathering in Shizukana's eyes.

"No." He said as Naruto felt his eyes water at the sight. "Don't cry." He said using the back of his hand to wipe his tears.

Kakashi's heart ached as he watched the interaction. Naruto cared for Shizukana. Even though he doesn't mention it, he cares for Sasuke too.

"I'm sorry. I-I couldn't bring him back." Shizukana said. Her words caused both Kakashi and Naruto to stare at Shizukana in astonishment.

They couldn't even comprehend the fact that Shizukana was feeling guilty. It wasn't her fault. She was the one who suffered the most.

Naruto took silent steps and stopped right next to Shizukana. "Shizu-chan," Naruto whispered calmly. He was having a hard time trying not to cry. He gently grabbed Shizukana's hand as if she was fragile as glass. "It's not your fault."

Shizukana wanted to tell him how wrong he was but she feared that if she spoke, her voice would break at all the emotional feeling she was going through.

Naruto was torn. He didn't want to see Shizukana like this. He wanted her to be happy and always having a smile on her face. Unsure of what else to do, Naruto leaned closer and carefully wrapped his hand around Shizukana. He made sure that he didn't hurt her as she covered her face in Naruto's jacket.

Shizukana was embaressed. She hadn't cried like this in a long time. But she felt like she needed to all these negative emotions out.

Kakashi clenched his fists as he watched his students pour their hearts out in grief and sorrow. They were children who faced problems half of society's adults didn't have a clue about.

It was at this moment that Team Seven knew exactly how cruel reality was.

A/N. Hey guys. Wow, my heart was literally aching while writing this chapter.

Hope you enjoyed it and here's a little bonus.

Kakashi had left the room to give his students some privacy. About an hour later, he returned to inform them that a doctor was coming in a while to do a check-up. Even though Shizukana was awake, she had to be checked to see if everything was alright.

The silver-haired Jonin opened the door to find a cute and heartfelt scene. Both Naruto and Shizuakana were sound asleep.

Naruto had shifted to take up half the bed. Shizukana's head was rested on Naruto's shoulder while Naruto placed his head on top of hers. He remained on Shizukana's right since her left arm was injured. His hand wrapped itself around her waist as if not wanting to let go.

Overall, it was cute. It almost instantly reminded Kakashi of a baby fox and a baby snow owl cuddling.

Not wanting to interrupt their restful slumber, Kakashi turned back to find the doctor and tell him that he should come another time.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter overall.

Ciao...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 50.7K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
66.7K 2.4K 25
The Fourth Shinobi War was a tragedy for everyone. With her teammates dead, 18 year old Haruno Sakura found herself hurled back into her genin body...
151K 6.2K 60
Like your daily isekai anime/novel, I died to what fans would call 'Truck-sama' or 'Truck-kun'. Dying without being able to fulfill my dream, I wishe...
39.9K 914 18
Who would of thought that after death you could reincarnate into a new world, a world of anime. Well I didn't before I actually died and was reborn i...