JUST BEST FRIENDS

By Samfreddy

Have you ever been madly in love with your childhood best friend, but they never loved you the same way? I me... More

CHAPTER 1: THE CHALLENGE.
CHAPTER 2: THE TURN DOWN.
CHAPTER 3: HOPE.
CHAPTER 4: SWEET CANDY.
CHAPTER 5: TRUTH OR DARE.
CHAPTER 6: THE PROMISE.
CHAPTER 7: LISTEN TO THE RADIO.
CHAPTER 8: HEARTBREAK ON A FULL MOON.
CHAPTER 9: THE REQUEST.
CHAPTER 10: ALL THE BEST.
CHAPTER 11: THE WARNING.
CHAPTER 12: THE DISCUSSION.
CHAPTER 13: A BIG MISTAKE.
CHAPTER 14: A SAD LOSS.
CHAPTER 15: A BLOODY NIGHTMARE.
CHAPTER 16: EMOTIONS.
CHAPTER 17: HAKUNA MATATA.
CHAPTER 18: FINAL WARNING.
CHAPTER 19: SUGAR AND SPICE.
CHAPTER 20: SHOTS GONE WRONG.
CHAPTER 21: LOVE IS BLIND.
CHAPTER 22: CHAOS.
CHAPTER 23: REVELATIONS.
CHAPTER 24: WELCOME TO LAGOS, BABY.
CHAPTER 25: LOVE OR LUST?
CHAPTER 26: PROOF.
CHAPTER 27: MAYHEM.
CHAPTER 28: INDECISION.
CHAPTER 29: HEART TO HEART.
CHAPTER 30: MOVING ON.
CHAPTER 31: PEACE OF MIND.
CHAPTER 32: CONSEQUENCES.
CHAPTER 33: COMPLICATIONS.
CHAPTER 34: RECONCILIATION.
CHAPTER 35: A WAKE-UP CALL.
CHAPTER 36: DEEP REGRET.
CHAPTER 38: THE BIG NEWS.
CHAPTER 39: A DREAM COME TRUE.
CHAPTER 40: MEMORIES.
CHAPTER 41: HOMICIDE.
CHAPTER 42: GOODBYE.
CHAPTER 43: RIP.
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BOOK PROMOTION.

CHAPTER 37: KARMA STRIKES.

848 179 23
By Samfreddy

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 37: KARMA STRIKES.

As a baker, Isioma had quite a lot of loyal customers in her school, simply because of the outstanding quality of her products and their affordability, and of course her exceptional marketing skills and her friendliness too. Today, she'd come to deliver a birthday cake to an evangelist's wife in the school's central church and she was heading out when she spotted someone kneeling before the altar, praying.

To Isioma's surprise, it was Jordan, and he'd just concluded his prayer when she saw him. He stood up and sighted Isioma behind him.

“Isioma!” Jordan exclaimed at once. “Are you spying on me?”

“I wish I was,” Isioma replied, amused. “But, actually, I came here for business. I was on my way out when I saw you. What a pleasant surprise.”

“Oh, wow, you came to the house of God for business… Isn't that just lovely!”

Isioma giggled, rolling her eyes. “Don't even start, Mr. Prayer Warrior.”

Jordan managed a coy smile, uttering nothing.

“Come to think of it, what's up with your odd mood yesterday?” Isioma folded her arms, arching an eyebrow. “You were acting so weird, and I tried to call you later in the day but your phone was off all the times I tried. I couldn't even reach Steve, either. What happened to you?”

Jordan sighed, then said, “Do you have some time to spare? I'd like to discuss something vital with you.”

Isioma consented and they both went to sit on some vacant chairs outside the church.

“Okay, so what is it you wanted to tell me?”

“Yeah, um, look, Isioma, what I'm about to say might look fabricated to you, but I want you to believe every single word that comes out of my mouth, because I'll be completely honest with you.”

“Okay?”

“Okay, so, first of all, I've broken up with Steve.”

“Wait, what? When?”

“Yesterday. I broke up with him just before I stumbled into you and Mike, and that was part of the reasons why I wasn't in a good mood then.” Jordan explained.

“But why? Why did you do that? I could've sworn you guys had a good thing going.”

“I thought so, too, but apparently, the reverse is the case.” Jordan said with regret. “What we were doing was wrong.”

“In what way?”

“In every possible way!” Jordan answered. “How can I be a Christian and practice homosexuality at the same time? Does it make sense? Does it speak well of me?”

Isioma said nothing.

“You see? Even you yourself can't support it with your heart. Give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar and to God what belongs to Him.” Jordan went on. “I wonder why it took me so long to admit this. I should've known I was living in denial from all those times when I'd open my Bible and cringe at the scriptures that speaks against homosexuality, and even those times when I'd be very afraid to open the Book of Revelations just because of the powerful messages it holds. I knew I was living an unclean lifestyle but I never wanted to embrace the truth, until two nights ago.”

“Two nights ago?” Isioma pointed out. “What happened?”

Jordan's eyes widened at the memory. “For the first time in my life, I heard the voice of God, Isioma.” He revealed frightfully. “His voice was soft, calm, astonishing, unlike anything I had ever heard before. As hard as this might seem for anyone to believe, I'm telling you that God actually spoke to me in my sleep, Isioma. It felt more like a revelation, more like an encounter, than a dream. It was amazing, just amazing!”

“Wow.” Isioma was really fascinated. “Please, go on. What did you hear?”

“Hmm… Isioma, God told me to desist from the act and repent while I still can. He told me that I can't serve two masters at once, that I have to pick a side. Then He told me to warn Steve too, that I should help him see the light by all means. And lastly, just before I woke up, God told me to read Leviticus chapter eighteen verse twenty-two.”

“And did you?”

“Yes, I did. I woke up sweating profusely and I picked my Bible at once and opened the passage, which says, "You shall not lie with a male as with a female; it is an abomination."”

“Hmm…”

“I also researched further and stumbled upon First Corinthians chapter six verse nine, which says, "…Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals…"” Jordan added, fear evident in his eyes and his voice. “Honestly, I'm really scared, Isioma. What have I gotten myself into? With the amount of sin I've committed, can I still achieve salvation?”

“Of course, you can. God is so merciful. He loves everyone equally. And salvation is free. God is always willing to forgive us for our transgressions, if and only if we acknowledge them and come to Him with remorse, just like you've already done.” Isioma assured him, placing her hand on his unsteady hand. “Trust me on this, there's still hope for you, JD. If you follow God's instructions to the letter, you'll find inner peace like you've never known before.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yes, hundred percent sure.” Isioma affirmed. “Who else have you told about this?”

“Nobody else, just you and Steve.”

“Okay, good. Now, I think it's best if I take you to the pastor so that he can look into this case for you.” Isioma suggested. “I don't know what he'll tell you, but personally, I think that a couple of days of fervent praying and fasting should do the trick. What do you think?”

“Um, I don't know. Won't he judge me if I confess to him?”

Isioma smiled. “No, he won't. A true shepherd does not judge his sheep. Instead, he develops them and leads them to salvation, to greater heights. Besides, the pastor is only a vessel of God. If he judges you in his heart, what difference does it make? Do you need man's approval or God's infinite mercy?”

As if by magic, Jordan's hope was suddenly restored; his spirit was automatically lifted. “Isioma, you're the best. I really needed to hear that. Thank you.”

“Of course.” Isioma squeezed his hand gently, her smile broadening. “So what do you say? Let's do this?”

“Yes, let's do it. I'm ready to be born again, to start afresh.”

“That's the spirit!” Isioma cheered him on. “Come on, let's bounce! Salvation calls!”

__________

Yesterday, Candice received a phone call from Chief Rochas, in which he'd warned her to steer clear of him from that moment on, and she knew that Isioma and Mike were behind it for sure. But surprisingly, unlike Candice, she didn't call them to threaten them at all or come up with a payback plan immediately. Instead, she decided to let it slide for a while and just chill in the meantime, at least until she could think of a huge scheme against Isioma alone. She exempted Mike from her upcoming revenge not only because he was her step-brother, but because, to her, Mike was only trying to be a hero to his newfound mistress in distress, and she assumed that with time, he'd come to his right senses and pick her own side.

This cool afternoon, however, Candice sat in a restaurant with her middle-aged boo, having fun as usual when his enraged wife suddenly showed up from nowhere.

“So it's true!” The busty ebony woman exclaimed on sight, gaining everyone's attention. “People have been telling me what you do outside but I never believed them. I decided to follow you here today to see for myself. So it's absolutely true!”

“Is that your wife?” Candice started panicking as the woman approached their table.

Titus couldn't even talk; he was shocked by his wife's abrupt entry.

“So this is what you do, huh?” The furious woman halted before them, pointing her fingers so close to Titus' eyes. “You feed me with lies day after day just because of this small rat? This insignificant thing?”

“Sonia, please calm down. You're making a scene.”

A dirty slap landed on Titus' face for that statement. “Are you mad? You still have the effrontery to speak. Do you think I'm playing here?”

When Candice saw what just happened, she knew that all hell had just broken loose. She was in for a really, really rough treat today.

Titus, on the other hand, held his right cheek in shock. Although he personally knew that Sonia's temperament was no child's play, he never saw that swift slap coming. Sonia was raised abroad almost all her life, so she wasn't really submissive like most African women. She was a no-nonsense woman who believed in equality big time, hence her courage over Titus, but that wasn't all to it.

Even if she slaps Titus a hundred times today, he would never touch a strand of hair on her head, all because she somehow happens to be his major source of income. Her father owns the Shell company he was currently working in, and apart from that, she usually pumps money into his account as a symbol of love, so, in a nutshell, he really knew her value.

“And you,” Sonia faced Candice, “I have just one question for you. Did you know that he is a married man or not?”

Candice stood up, fidgeting. “I… I…”

Sonia casted two sizzling hot slaps onto Candice's cheeks amidst her annoying stutter. “Did you or did you not know? Answer me!” She started closing in on Candice.

“Please, ma. Please forgive me.” Candice burst into tears, holding her cheeks that were literally on fire whilst stepping back. “I'm begging you, please.”

Instead of intervening, people just stood by and watched while others recorded as Sonia rushed Candice with fierce blows until she was on the floor, screaming for help. Titus tried to intervene, but Sonia bit his hand and punched him too till he backed off, then she carried the plates of egusi soup and the bowls of dirty water from the table and poured them all on Candice, whilst bombarding her with aggressive kicks.

If there was any possibility of Candice surviving this day, it had to be by God's grace, because her chances were very, very, very slim, to say the least.

Karma was, indeed, absolutely real.

Hey, guys! Sorry about the delay! I hope this chapter was worth it? Candice finally got what she deserved! ☺️

Please don't forget to VOTE and comment. I'd really appreciate it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.8K 13.5K 52
" Idara it's not like that , let me explain . " He said begging her again but she had made up her mind. "Look everything and everyone is saying it's...
8.2K 1K 61
Isrealla morenike Jones..... An introverted, intelligent and lovable girl who wants nothing more than to be accepted, appreciated and loved. Both by...
1.5K 292 37
Money, wealth, fame, power, these teens have all you could ever want, but all that glitters Is not good. **** What would you do if you found out you...
15.3K 1.9K 31
FEATURED AND PUBLISHED AS A PAID NOVEL ON WEBNOVEL Meet Omotara Evelyn Banks also known as Tara Banks. An entrepreneur, a nurse & a model. Beautiful...