Hit Home || A Spralbert Story

By Broadway_Crackers

I wrote a One-Shot in my One-Shot book and decided to turn it into a book. Race is a normal kid in Manhattan... More

Chapter 1 - The Cute Boy Across the Street (Prolouge)
Chapter 2 - Albert and Spot Almost Killed Race
Chapter 3 - Play Baseball with Two Cute Boys? Heck Yes.
Chapter 4 - We've All Been Stuck as Theatre Kids for Way too Long
Chapter 5 - Race is Confused Cause- Love
Chapter 6 - Technically a Run
Chapter 7 - Better At Offense Than Defense in Multiple Areas of Life
Chapter 8 - Albert Doesn't Understand Theatre Kid References
Chapter 9 - "Knock Yourself Out." "But Don't Actually."
Chapter 10 - The Plastics (Ft. Race, JoJo, and Elmer)
Chapter 11 - Italian to English Malfunctions and Teasing
Chapter 12 - Brookies and Former Brookies and Spot's Apparently a King
Chapter 13 - "Love is so Confusing."
Chapter 14 - "Have Some Decency!" "You've Seen Me Shirtless Before."
Chapter 15 - Laying in the Grass and the Sequal, Lovesick in the Grass
Chapter 16 - "You. Can't. Break. Me. That. Easily."
Chapter 17 - Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Troubles
Chapter 18 - Picking Pickles
Chapter 19 - Starlight Sleeping Beauties
Chapter 20 - "It's Not Like You Aren't Cute When You're Sleeping."
Chapter 22 - Puppy Eyes and Puppy Love (Pt.2)
Chapter 23 - Peek-a-boo with a Puppy
Chapter 24 - Hatred for Haircuts and Loving for the Pups
Chapter 25 - They Love Spot, but he's Horrible at Mario Cart
Chapter 26 - "Then, You Die!"
Chapter 27 - The DaSilva Family (Aka, That's a lot of Redheads)
Chapter 28 - "Guess I'm Meeting Both of my Boyfriends' Parents Today."
Chapter 29 - Plant Time Again (And Now There's a Puppy with Them)
Chapter 30 - The Slightly Boring Chapter That is Introductions

Chapter 21 - "Due Ragazzi Carini Mi Hanno Baciato."

343 13 61
By Broadway_Crackers

- Chapter 21 - I've Kept You Waiting Long Enough :) -
Warnings: Fluffff (and slight nerves lol)
Third Person POV

Race swore his heart was pounding in his ears.

He hadn't been this nervous in two years.

Race paces in front of Albert and Spot's door.

Technically, it's Spot's, but Al is almost always there-

Race smacks himself.

The door opens.

Race looks up at Albert, who was leaning against the door.

The redhead crosses his arms. "First off, don't smack yourself. It's not good and it won't help nerves, though you shouldn't be nervous." He tells him.

Race looks at his arm, before quickly hiding it behind his back.

Albert looks at him. "Secondly, how close are you to running?" He asks, an eyebrow raised.

"If you don't stop me, I'm going to run." Race answers quickly, before smacking his hands over his mouth.

Albert chuckles, gently grabbing Race's arm and leading him inside.

"I feel like I'm getting kidnapped." Race mutters, his eyes a bit wide in fear.

"You're not." Spot chuckles softly, his arms crossed as he stands in the middle of the living room.

"What's with your arms being crossed?" Race asks quickly, his nerves obvious. "You've both been crossing your arms like you're mad at me," he watches Albert close the door.

The redhead boy chuckles, turning back to face Race. "Are we not allowed to cross our arms now?" Albert asks, an eyebrow raised.

"No!" Race exclaims, his eyes wide. "No, no. I'm just nervous. Crossed arms means being mad and being mad means I'm in trouble." He tells them quickly.

Spot puts his hand out.

Race looks at it, his eyebrows furrowing as he looks back up at Spot. "What do you want me to do...?" He asks quietly.

Spot chuckles. "Either smack me or let me hold your hand, your choice." He answers.

Race stares at him, his cheeks heating up. "I'm not hurting you, and I'm not sure I want to hold your hand right now..." his voice slowly got softer.

Spot chuckles. "I can calm you down," he responds, his hand still out. "Ask Albert."

Race looks to said boy.

Albert nods, his arms crossed.

Race's eyes land on his arms.

Albert notices, quickly uncrossing his arms. He makes a gesture for Race to take Spot's hand, before being silly and making his two entwined hands go skipping off into a sunset.

Race laughs quietly.

Spot just rolls his eyes, a small smile betraying him.

Race looks back at Spot's hand, still seemingly confused. "No one's ever asked me if I wanted to hold their hand..." he says quietly.

"Well, I'm not going to just grab your hand out of nowhere." Spot responds obviously. "Especially because we're not dating."

A bit of blush forms on Race's cheeks as he looks to the floor beside him.

"Unless you want to be." Albert adds with a small smirk from behind Race.

Blush spreads across Race's face like it was painted on at that moment. "Jack explained what Polyamory is..." he trails off.

Albert shares a silent exchange with Spot.

"And?" Albert gestures for Race to continue.

Race purses his lips, still staring at the floor. "Uh... I don't know how to follow up, because- I didn't think I'd get this far?" He responds.

Albert chuckles softly.

Spot steps towards Race, slipping two fingers under his chin and lifting it.

Race was forced to look at Spot, their faces only centimeters apart.

Blush slowly creeps up Race's neck until it covered his cheeks, ears, and upper neck, the same color as Albert's hair.

Spot chuckles softly. "What do you say, Antonio?" He asks, his voice at a whisper. "Would you go on a date with us?"

Race's mouth falls open, gaping slightly as he stares into Spot's eyes, having no other choice.

How do I respond to that?

Answer the question.

How?

With an answer. Do you or do you not want to go on a date?

Uh- I've never been on a date before.

Not the question.

"I- uh-" Race's eyes flick from Spot's eyes to his lips to his cheeks. "Date- me- you?- what?- x equals fifty-nine- brown eyes?" He squeaks.

Albert and Spot chuckle, Spot still staring into Race's eyes, a smug smirk on his face.

"Sì- mi piacerebbe." Race completely forgot how to answer in English, so his mind switched to his native language.
(Translation: 'Yes- I would like.')

Spot raises an eyebrow at him.

"We really need to learn Italian for you..." Albert mutters, a bit amused.

Race's eyes widen. "No! No. Mi dispiace, non è necessario." He quickly responds.
(Translation: 'No! No. I'm sorry, that's not necessary.')

Race's hands fly over his mouth, his eyes closed in embarrassment. "I'm... so... sorry." He starts slowly, as if to remember English. "My mind is... failing."

Albert and Spot chuckle softly.

"Mind repeating your answer then?" Spot asks quietly, his hand dropped to his side, but he was still staring into Race's eyes.

"Yes." Race answers.

They stay silent for a minute.

Albert and Spot share a confused look, raising an eyebrow at Race.

Race facepalms. "That was the answer..." he mutters. "I said, 'yes. I'd like that'."

Spot grins, grabbing Race in a hug.

Albert stares at him. "When I answered with that, you kissed me." He comments.

Spot chuckles.

Race's face reddens.

Spot looks at Race, cupping his cheeks. "Well?" He asks softly.

Race's eyes flick down to Spot's lips, before back up to his eyes.

Spot smirks, telling Race that he saw.

"Sure?" Race hadn't ever been asked if he wanted to kiss someone before.

"You seem nervous." Spot states softly, his eyes soft and concerned. "I want to make sure you're okay with this, because your heart is beating so fast that I'm scared you're going to have a heart attack if I do anything." He comments.

Race laughs weakly. "I haven't ever been kissed before, so..." he trails off.

"Spot is a great kisser, don't you worry." Albert comments from behind them. "He's good if you haven't had your first kiss yet."

Race could practically hear Albert's smirk.

And the smirk tugging on Spot's lips wasn't helping.

Blush colors Race's cheeks and nose. "God help me for falling for you two." The blonde haired boy mutters, the embarrassment flooding his body.

Albert and Spot chuckle.

"Get used to it," Albert responds. "You'll be hearing a lot more of those comments." He states with a smirk.

Race looks at Spot. "If you kiss him, does he shut up?" He asks.

Spot chuckles. "Rarely with me anymore," he answers. "But you could try it."

Race blushes a bit.

He pulls away from Spot and walks over to Albert.

Albert stares at him, his cheeks reddening. He hadn't thought Race would actually do it.

Race grabs Albert's collar and pulls him down slightly. "Are you okay with this?" He asks quietly.

Albert's mouth gapes a bit, but he manages to nod, words failing him.

Race gently presses his lips against Albert's.

Albert swore he melted.

He hadn't even noticed Race had pulled away until he heard Spot chuckling.

"Wow..." Albert mutters, touching his lips.

Race touches his lips softly, looking at his fingers after.

Spot chuckles, leaning against the wall. "Don't worry, Race. Kisses aren't contagious unless we're talking about the love-bug." He winks.

Race blushes. "That was horrible," he comments quietly, before giggling. "And somehow still funny."

Albert and Spot laugh.

"He used that on me, too." Albert comments, looking at the other two boys.

Race shoots Spot a mock offended look. "Come on, Spot! Get some new flirty-stuff!" He dramatizes.

Spot smirks at him, stepping closer.

Race gulps, his face reddening as his back his the wall.

Spot places his hands on either side of Race's head. "I have enough pick up lines to keep you silent and your face bright red for a week, wanna try me?" He asks, whispering in Race's ear.

Race blushes more, turning his head slightly and closing his eyes. "No." He squeaks.

Spot chuckles, pressing a gentle kiss to Race's lips, before pulling away.

Race stares wide eyed ahead of him, the blush on his face darker than it had been all day (and he had been blushing a lot).

Race touches his lips again, his eyes still wide. "Due ragazzi carini mi hanno baciato." He mutters. "È stata una giornata pazzesca."
(Translation: 'Two cute guys kissed me.' And 'It's been a crazy day'.)

Albert and Spot share a look, chuckling again.

1424 Words

You're welcome.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 1.1K 46
Racetrack Higgins, a Manhattan Newsie. Spot Conlon's best friend and crush, not that they would admit that they have crushes on each other. No one...
409K 9.1K 47
Avery Reyes decided to leave her old town and move across the country. She was fresh out of college and found a job in a small town of Indiana. Her o...
99.6K 3.6K 53
Davey Jacobs was the new kid. And boy, did he hate being the new kid. His whole life, Davey had gone to private school but now, since his father hurt...
1.6K 48 22
"Jack why's do I have ta come?" Race questions. "Because Racer, your my second which means you have ta come ta meetings and that includes Brooklyn."...