The villainess will survive!

By Bellahahahahaha

All Sayuri wanted to do was live a peaceful life. However, when she go into an accident and transported into... More

Part 1: Woke up as the villainess
Part 2: First day of school
Part 3: The heroine is here!
Part 4: My Onii-sama is a capture target
Part 5: Meet the Magic Genius!
Part 6: The lab room
Part 8: Another capture target
Part 9: Politician's son
Part 10: Spying on my Onii-sama
Part 11: A capture target?
Part 12: A busy day, indeed
Part 13: Finishing first semester
Part 13: The dream
Part 14: Meeting at the Royal Palace
Part 15: A god's regret
Part 16
Part 17: The sleepover
Part 18: Lucas meets Ivy
Part 19: Coming back home and parting again
Part 20: Investigating the drought
Part 21: Human traffickers
Part 22: Reporting at the Royal Palace
Part 23: Morning, on a typical day
Part 24: The festival
Part 25: Festival #2
Part 26: The festival #3
Part 27: Festival #4
Part 28: New Semester
Part 29: O-Onii-sama???
Part 30: My fiance
Part 31: Nurse's office
Part 32: The spy
Part 33: The heroine, finally acting
Part 34: Down in the dungeon
Part 35: At the lab
Part 36: Should I tell him?
Part 37: The hidden Principal
Part 38 :Appointment???
Part 39: Transfer student
Part 40: J-jealousy?!
Part 41:Dark arts
Part 42: The invitation
Part 43:Ellios' father
Part 44: The magic tower
Part 45: The magic tower #2
Part 46: The magic tower #3
Part 47: The Magic Tower #4
Part 48: Back at the academy, except.....
Part 49: Allies or foe?
Part 51: Elijah's motives
Part 52: My father was a duke, of course
Part 53: Wrong conclusion
Part 54: And so The Tournament begins!
Part 55: Determination to win
Part 56: Medical contest, the second part
Part 57: House arrest
Part 58 : Who??? And why?
Part 59: Finding someone trustworthy
Part 60: Investigation results
Part 61: Request
Part 62: A visit
Part 63: The Prince's arrival
Part 64: A surprising welcome
Part 65: Decision
Part 66: The Temple and the trial
Part 67: Unexpected interruption
Part 68: Testimony
Part 69: Secret revealed
Part 70: Explanation
Part 71: Letter delivery
Part 72: Settling suspicions
Part 73: Dress
Part 74: Small surprise
Part 75: Asking the Crown Prince
Part 76: Adriana's secret revealed
Part 77: Taking advantage of a situation
Part 78: Accusations at the ball
Part 79: Regret
Part 80: Count Castria
Part 81: Drug distribution
Part 82: Ivy's father
Part 83: Breakdown
Part 84: Unstable
Part 85: Not what it seems
Part 86: Explosion
Part 87: A big brother's regret
Part 88: Ivy Castria
Part 89: Farewell
Part 91: A walk in the garden
Part 92: Tying up loose ends (END)

Part 59: Going to court

2.4K 108 11
By Bellahahahahaha

I sipped my tea as if I were idling as any other lady would, just like anybody would expect. 

What would a lady who has been raised with needlework and other elegant things do other than that when it came to this situation?

She had been suddenly accused, obviously she wouldn't be worried because of her rich family. 

But I wasn't that ignorant and naive girl everybody thought I was. 

Even if I were protected by my family, they still served under the Royal Family. 

And the next monarch in line would be Albert, my own fiance. 

Usually there would be no better matches for the future King other than me, since I had been raised to fulfil this role. 

But everybody knew how Albert had been spending more time with Ivy recently, and how he started showing her favoritism that had never been shown with me. 

Ivy would pose a threat to my future, because Albert would be the one handing me power. 

They thought that I would obviously get jealous and poison her. 

Its a reasonable assumption, who else could have done it?

But that was my question too. 

I had been long suspecting the Temple since a few days ago, but its quite apparent why they decided to poison Ivy. 

If I were framed, Ivy's reputation and status would rise. 

And the Temple needed a saintess as of the moment, Ivy was the perfect person for it. 

But to be honest, sending a priest, even a lower rank one..........it was a very bold and rash act. 

Did they really expect me to shut my mouth about it, and be the loyal dog to whatever their scheme is?

The Temple surely can't be that stupid, right?

                                                                 ***

I walked in the court steadily while ignoring all the judging eyes on me. 

It was a rare sight to see a noble, much less one my position in court. 

Its not that nobles didn't commit crime, if they didn't commit more. 

But with money and power, you could bribe anybody. 

If that didn't work, a few sprinkles of blackmailing would do. 

But my father wasn't like that. 

While he stood in a position higher than most people, it came with risks. 

But he had always been a loyal servant of justice, so he wouldn't cover up any crimes. 

Not even when it came to his family, but somewhere inside me I was well aware that he trusted I hadn't done these kind of things. 

I didn't dare to look up, especially at the position of the judge. 

It would make me look like I was hoping for my father to be there, and save me.

I could already tell that my father wouldn't be the one sitting there, but if this one was fair and all, I didn't mind. 

I gulped as the session started, and prayed mentally that the judge wasn't one of those people who hated my father and my family's immense power. 

The creators wanted Roselyn to be a full-on selfish and cruel villainess, with only a lot of power supporting her from behind. 

Perhaps if Roselyn had a normal background, she wouldn't be anything special much. 

Perhaps she wouldn't have grown up as such a self-centered girl, because her luxurious upbringing definitely affected her personality.

But she needed to be the 'final boss' of the game, while also being a very disliked character. 

They made her supposedly intelligent and strong, but jealousy blinded out all 5 senses. 

She didn't have very good self control, because nothing in her life hasn't been hers with a flick of a finger. 

She probably had never felt jealousy in her life until her fiance was taken away. 

The judge's voice interrupted my thoughts, and my shoulders stiffened as the trial began. 

When the time came, I stood up told them about the priest handing the bottle to me, which eventually was placed into Ivy's hand. 

Now, obviously I wouldn't say this without preparing beforehand. 

I needed some help on my side, but that priest was currently present as well. 

Its not like refusing my sincere invitation would have done him any good, either. 

He would have to face court sooner or later, without doubt. 

Running away now wouldn't have saved him in the long run. 

I caught him staring at me from the other side of the room, and I smiled as courtesy. 

He quickly turned his head away as if he had seen a ghost, and that confirmed that he was scared of me. 

'If you're so scared now, wouldn't you have rethought your actions before that led to this?', I wanted to scream at him. 

The priest, to my surprise, didn't deny anything but opened his mouth to speak. 

"I indeed passed the bottle to Lady Villinie, on the behalf of her father." 

My eyes slowly shifted over to Ivy's father, who had actually come to this trial. 

I had originally forgotten he was there, but he looked as if he hadn't had a wink of sleep since forever. 

He must have been worried sick for his daughter, who fainted from poisoning and was currently rehabilitating. 

Even in this state, he wanted to go to court to avenge his daughter?

Shouldn't he be staying at the hospital where Ivy was being treated, at her side?

But no, he came here to set judgement on the person who harmed her. 

That person being me, of course. 

Truth is, I wasn't a saint who would willingly take the blame for something I hadn't done to ease someone else's suffering. 

Because no matter what, I knew that I wasn't the one who attempted to poison Ivy. 

I did feel sympathy for Ivy and her father, but this had nothing to do with me. 

And plus, I was too busy defending myself to be support them. 

The judge was handed a report on evidence, and his eyes quickly skimmed through it. 

Why didn't he read this beforehand? 

He slowly bent over to whisper something to the investigator. 

"Are you sure that the evidence mentioned has been double checked?"

Although they were far away from me, a bit of unnoticeable magic would do the trick.

Perhaps, was he rereading the papers once more?

But what was the reason for this? Its as if he still can't believe whatever's written on there. 

Isn't the fact that the water was poisoned an obvious fact?

The judge looked quite old, so surely he must have gone through endless trials and seen many things similar to this if not worse. 

At first he opened his mouth and hesitated to speak about the evidence. 

But since he saw our anticipating faces, he knew he had to tell us. 

"The evidence shows that..........Lady Castria's water was not poisoned. She also has no sign of poison in her body."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 11.3K 103
⚠️ Warning ⚠️ [There are mention of dark themes in this story. ] A story of a girl, that has woken up inside the body of someone she doesn't recogn...
41.4K 747 49
story of a girl who is reborn in a novel as male lead's sister or we can say as...... villainess but the villainess's ending is not good so she's go...
8M 459K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
648K 21.8K 37
Rose was an artist and musician in her past life, she died somehow and got reincarnated as the villainess of an otome game she keeps hearing about. S...