Kiss & Talk || Na Jaemin (S1)

By byJianLucas

"The feelings I have for you are genuine. I'm sorry if my cold self isn't letting you completely see my love... More

|| PROLOGUE ||
Chapter 1: Work; Hustle
Chapter 2: Inside My Head
Chapter 3: Little Sneak
Chapter 4: Odd Behavior
Chapter 5: You & I
Chapter 6: Someone to Lean On
Chapter 7: Begin to End
Chapter 8: Partners & Friends
Chapter 9: One More Time
Chapter 10: Need You Close
Chapter 11: Treasure You
Chapter 12: The Way It Starts
Chapter 13: Not Holding Back
Chapter 14: Upcoming Events
Chapter 15: Young & Untamable
Chapter 16: Wrong Directions
Chapter 17: Moving Forward
Chapter 19: Wicked Intentions
Chapter 20: Defending Love
Chapter 21: Meaningful Oaths
Chapter 22: Never Without You
Chapter 23: The Last Work
Chapter 24: When Love Fades
Chapter 25: Going Down
Chapter 26: Against it All
Chapter 27: Q&A
|| AUTHOR'S NOTE ||

Chapter 18: One After Another

76 1 0
By byJianLucas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Moments later*

-Narae's POV-

The conversation between Jaemin and you made everything better. You didn't expect to see him at your door, waiting just for you to come back home. However, you admit that you are glad that Jaemin thought about you and decided to make amends with you. And after talking for a while, you apologized at some point since you acted recklessly back at the office. Jaemin didn't feel like you did something wrong; nevertheless, he thanked you for worrying about your behavior and how you made him feel.

Right now, you are lying down on the couch with Jaemin by your side. Both of you enjoy tonight's rain while listening to some music and relaxing after the stress from work. So far, you had two attempts of falling asleep between Jaemin's embrace. He keeps caressing your head and hair, causing you to become sleepier by the time.

-Eyes closed, and when they open! – Jaemin teased while gently moving your hair.

-Jaemin, stop it. – You sleepily said, attempting to move Jaemin's hand away, but missed every time since your eyes are almost closed.

-Narae, do you want a kiss? – Jaemin questioned, whispering near your ear.

-Hmm, no. – You pouted.

-No? Ah, but it's from me. – Jaemin remarked, making you look up at him. Then, you pecked his lips before returning to your sleeping position. -I knew you would want one. – Jaemin chuckled as he continued to caress your hair.

-You made me overwork today. So, stop teasing me. – You complained.

-Did I cause it? – Jaemin innocently asked.

-You did it before I left the office! You told me to give you the presentation tomorrow morning, Jaemin. – You pointed out, causing him to chuckle.

-Love, but I didn't expect you to give me the entire thing. Admit it. You worked harder than ever because I got upset after seeing you with Jeno. – Jaemin pointed out while glancing at you, causing you to frown and look away.

-Whatever it was, you need to apologize to Jeno. He's your best friend, and you treated him poorly back in the office. – You told Jaemin while closing your eyes.

-Yes, love. I will talk to Jeno, don't worry about it. – Jaemin spoke before kissing your cheek. Then he continued to play with your hair, but before you could relax, knocks on the door began to sound. -Are you waiting for someone else? – Jaemin asked.

-No. – You replied while glancing back at Jaemin. You felt slightly confused as the knocks continued to blare the apartment.

-Cha Narae! – You heard Eunju's voice, causing your eyes to widen.

-Jaemin, hide! – You immediately stood up before dragging Jaemin towards the bedroom.

-Narae, what is Eunju doing here? – Jaemin asked, confused.

-I don't know; maybe Eunju wants to threaten me again. I can't tell, but stay here and don't go out. – You told Jaemin, but his expression didn't sit well with you. It seems he disagrees with your order. -Jaemin. – You looked at him, concerned.

-Alright. But if I hear something odd, I'll go there with you. – Jaemin claimed, which you nodded for in response. Then, you closed the bedroom before walking towards the entrance, shortly opening the door.

-Finally! – Eunju rolled her eyes before entering your apartment.

-Sure, come inside. – You sarcastically said before closing the door.

-Well, I'm here to clear out some things with you, Cha Narae. – Eunju spoke, looking more bossy than usual.

-Jaemin's POV-

-Oh, yes? – Narae answered, her voice getting more distinct as I step closer to the front part of the apartment.

-I talked with my father a few hours ago. We had an exquisite dinner with Jaemin's father, and I proposed a new alternative for Jaemin's team. – Eunju disclosed, capturing my attention immediately.

-You want to marry Jaemin. – Narae guessed.

-Yes, but first, I have to put you against my baby. It seems that Jaemin learned to appreciate you, so that needs to change. – Eunju spoke, sounding proud and excited.

-What did you do? – Narae sternly asked.

-Do you know the company's most relevant partner? Yong Sangkyu is the vice-president of the Yong's Corporation, a family business run by his father. Aside from my dad, this young man is also close to Jaemin's father. So, I asked him to put you in a project with Yong Sangkyu. – Eunju explained, immediately causing me to close my hands into fists.

-It's only collaboration, so why would Jaemin care? – Narae questioned.

-Narae, so innocent. Remember that you mentioned a wedding? Well, yours will happen before mine because if the project succeeds, Mr. Na will ask you to sacrifice yourself for the company's sake. – Eunju disclosed, leaving me shocked.

How obsessed is this girl with me? She even manipulates my father as she pleases.

-I will quit the company then. – Narae said without hesitation.

-Is that so? Why? Don't you want to be loyal to your friends? – Eunju questioned, putting Narae in a stressful situation. Suddenly, the place became quiet until Eunju gasped. -Why is there a jacket there? Is Jaemin in here? – Eunju anxiously asked.

-No. It's Chenle's, and I shouldn't give you explanations of who comes into my apartment. – Narae sternly said before taking a deep breath. -Eunju, throw all the bullets you want towards me. I don't care what you do; in the end, everyone will see your true identity. – Narae declared, not hesitating any of her words.

-Alright, then wait for the events to come! Goodnight, Narae! It's always a pleasure to talk with you. – Eunju sarcastically spoke before I heard her walking away, then closing the door of the apartment.

Immediately, I walked out of the hallway and got closer to Narae, who's kneeling on the floor.

-Hey, it's okay. – I murmured while stroking Narae's arms.

-Wedding? Did you hear that woman? – Narae questioned, looking seriously upset.

-I won't let any of that happen, I promise. – I said before looking at Narae's expression. -Love, stay calm, okay? Nobody will get married, and I won't let you go. – I assured Narae before holding her tightly against me.

-Eunju won't have what she wants. – Narae murmured before glancing at me, looking slightly solemn. -Do you trust me? – Narae asked.

-Yes. – I nodded before Narae caressed my hair.

-Uh, I don't want to hurt you, but I don't know what else we can do to stop Eunju. – Narae spoke, making me look at her, confused.

-Narae, what do you want to do? – I asked.

-Your father won't believe anything that comes from us, so we need to get evidence against Eunju to prove that she's crazy. – Narae explained.

-I can try to talk with my father, and after that, we can see what else to do. – I suggested before holding Narae's arms. -Love, go one step at a time, okay? Right now, Eunju can't hurt us, and her plans will take a while to develop. So, stay calm. – I softly said before Narae nodded, briefly taking a deep breath.

-I never encountered such an obsessed woman. So, I guess that's why Eunju makes me get out of my comfort zone. – Narae said before releasing a subtle smile, but I could tell that she's trying so hard to keep it on her face.

-Are you scared? – I asked.

-A little. But I can take it; I only need to keep my mind busy with something else. – Narae said before smiling at me, then gently caressing my cheek. -It's okay. For now, we need to focus on the event and the following projects. – Narae said before standing up, shortly walking towards the window, watching the rain through it.

I stood up and stared at Narae, noticing that it's hard for her to keep it together.

-Love, nothing will happen if I'm here. – I said while looking at Narae's back. Then, she turned around and smiled at me.

-Sure. I will protect you too. – Narae said before glancing back at the rain. I walked closer to her before embracing her from behind, shortly placing my chin on Narae's shoulder.

-Let's be happy together, okay? – Narae spoke while stroking my hair.

-Yes, let's stay happy. – I said before sighing, lightly closing my eyes.

You have a way to strike Narae in the worse ways, Eunju. So, I wonder if you know something about her that I don't acknowledge. Marriage seems to be what throws Narae off, but what connection does Narae has with it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.2K 1.7K 32
a boy promises to be with a girl if they don't get into a relationship in a year time. ++short paragraphs started : 29 nov 2018 completion : 29 dec 2...
154K 3.2K 22
"Please, I just want to talk." I was scared of him. He was going to hurt me. If he killed Moonbin, he could kill me too. Started : April 17, 2020 Co...
3.8K 442 40
thirty-six minutes. that's all i'm asking for. let's see if i can make you fall in love with me. an nct jaemin love questions!au. © blue, 2022
37.2K 1.5K 46
♡ school romance "I don't deserve you Jaemin..." "What makes you say that?" "You're a kind, considerate, intelligent and humble person. The most of t...