Run, Fight, Repeat

By BellaGrace568

" I lunge forward at him hitting his groin with my knee then right between the eyes. As soon as I do, he cras... More

Introduction
1 | Astrid
2 | Damon
3 | Astrid
4 | Damon
5 | Astrid
6 | Damon
7 | Astrid
8 | Damon
9 | Astrid
10 | Damon
12 | Damon
13 | Astrid
14 | Damon
15 | Astrid
16 | Damon
17 | Astrid
18 | Damon
19 | Rowan
20 | Astrid
21 | Damon
22 | Astrid
23 | Damon
24 | Astrid
25 | Coen
26 | Rowan
27 | Josh
28 | Astrid
29 | Damon
30 | Astrid
31 | Damon
32 | Astrid
33 | Damon
34 | Astrid
End

11 | Astrid

643 19 0
By BellaGrace568

Astrid 

- The next afternoon -

I wake up and my head is pounding. What happened last night? I look around and I'm somewhere I don't know. But the couch I'm on seems so comfy. I almost just close my eyes again, but the mouth watering smell of breakfast foods brings me to my feet. But I immediately stumble back to the couch because I get dizzy. But after a few breaths, I slowly get to my feet and walk toward the smell.

It brings me to a kitchen, where a tall, blond man that is a little chubby stands in front of a stove. I hear bacon sizzle on the pan. "Good morning, Astrid." The way he says my name tells me exactly who it is.

"Shhhh. Too loud." I say putting my finger up to silence him.

"Sorry," Elliot whispers, "Good morning."

"Hello, Elliot." I say taking a seat at the dining table.

"Hey, Astrid." He says putting a plate in front of me with a tall glass of water. I have to force myself to drink the water slowly. But the food, I have no control over. I am so hungry. "How have you been?" He asks sitting next to me with a cup of coffee.

"I've been fine. You?" I say taking a big bite of toast.

"I've been good." He responds. Just then two girls come running into the room wearing princess costumes over their normal clothes, paired with little plastic tiaras. They are singing and dancing as they skip around. Elliot picks them up and kisses their foreheads. "Hey my little princesses."

"Hi daddy." They both say. Then they look at me. "Who's that?"

"That's an old friend of mine and your moms." He says putting them down.

"You're not friends anymore?" One of them says.

"We are still friends. We just haven't seen her in a long time." Elliot explains. "Astrid, this is Grace, and Juila." He says.

"Hi." Grace says.

"Hello." Julia squeaks. "Why are you eating breakfast at lunch time?" She asks me.

"Because Astrid slept in today. So for her this is breakfast." Elliot says. Then Nicole walks into the room and a dog follows behind her. Elliot gives her a kiss.

"Girls why don't you go play princess in your room?" Nicole suggests.

"Can we play in your room?" Juila asks.

"Yea! Your room is bigger and you have a princess size bed!" Grace begs.

"Yea, go on. Just clean up when you are done." Nicole says. "And take Cassy with you."

"Puppy!" They both say. Then they both run off and the dog follows.

"How are ya feelin' champ?" Nicole asks sitting at the table next to me.

"Like crap." I answer, drinking some water.

"I bet. You look it too." She says as Elliot puts a glass of water in front of her.

"Yea, yea." I say waving them off as I shove some eggs into my mouth.

"So, how is life back living with your parents again?" Elliot asks.

"It was good until my father saw my tattoo." I say.

"Yea, I was looking at that. It looks cool." Elliot says.

"Yea, it hurt pretty bad so I hope it looks cool." I laugh.

"When did you get it?" He asks.

"I got it-" I look up to the ceiling to think. "I got it when I turned twenty. A birthday gift to myself." I state.

"Nice." He says.

We talk for a while and I learn that Elliot is now a contractor with his own contracting business. While Nicole is going through her last year of college for teaching, doing bartending on the side for extra cash. They seem to have really made a really nice life for themselves. I always knew she could.

- 1:39 pm -

"Alright, I should probably get going." I say standing up from the chair.

"Ok, well it was nice seeing you." Elliot says.

"Oh wait!" Nicole says.

"Yea?" I say putting my shoes back on.

"Before you got wasted last night, you kept saying how much you want to get out of the house. So," She puts a key in my hand. I shoot her a questioning look. "It's to our trailer, in a seasonal campground." She explains.

"Oh wow. Thank you so much, Nicole." I say as she gives me a hug.

"No problem." She lets me go and then goes to a desk and grabs a paper and pen. "Here is the address and camper number. And both my and Elliot's phone numbers." She says as she scribbles down the stuff on the paper before handing it to me.

"Great, thanks." I say reading it before I put it in my pocket. I grab all my stuff and when I look at my phone there are just about a million text messages and phone calls from my parents. I text them back just saying that I'm fine and that I found a place.

"Bye, Elliot. It was good seeing you again." I say waving to him before I walk out the door.

"You too, Astrid. Bye." He waves back and I leave.

Nicole walks me to my car. They live in a large apartment complex, so we go down the elevator and it gives me information on the trailer. It sounds nice from her description. I ask how much rent would be and she brushes me off saying there is no need to pay her.

We say our goodbyes and hug before I drive off. It was good seeing her again. I've missed her the most. But now I have her number and know where she lives, I will hopefully see her again.

After a short drive I made it home. When I walk through the door my mother rushes over to me hugging me. Charles does too. Father isn't here though. "We've been worried sick!" She cries.

"I'm fine." I mumble.

Finally she lets me go, but Charles stays clinging onto me. "I missed you sissy." He says. It almost breaks my heart.

"I'm fine. I just went to see an old friend." I say.

"Tell us next time dear!" She says.

"I found a place to stay, so I have to pack all my stuff." I state walking toward the door. Charles follows me.

I get up to my room and CHarles stands in the doorway. I gather all my stuff into my bag. "Turn around. I'm going to change." I tell Charles. He does so without complaint. I change into a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt paired with sneakers. "Okay, I'm good." I say double checking the room to make sure I have everything.

"Why are you leaving us again?" He asks with a sad voice. "I just met you and you're leaving."

I walk toward him and kneel putting my hands on his arms and look at him. "I'm not leaving. I'll still be in town. Just living somewhere else. You can visit anytime you want." I say.

He gives me a hug, I hug him back. He is a good kid. "I'll miss you." He says into my hair.

"I know buddy." I say standing up. He takes my hand and we walk down stairs. I see my father walk through the door. He looks really mad.

"Oh you back. Just to leave again." He scoffs.

I turn to Charles. "Go upstairs to your room for a little bit okay?" He nods slowly and goes upstairs.

"Don't tell my son what to do-!" I cut him off stepping toward him.

"No! Stop! I am twenty-six years old! You don't have to know where I am at all times!" I try to keep my voice down so Charles doesn't hear. "I left for a reason! How you acted and treated us was the reason! And if you act up again, I'm going back to New Mexico!" I threaten. His eyes go wide.

"You need to learn some respect! I taught you how to respect me! But now that you left you turned into a shameful person!" He spits.

"You really think I would respect you? After all you've done? Yea, I changed! Because I hated the girl you made me! I couldn't be a person that reminds me of my past life!" I proclaim. That seems to shut him up. While he is silent I walk up the Charles room.

"Alright bud. I'm leaving now." I say when I walk into his doorway. He is crying. I rush over to him and hug him. "Charles, don't cry." I say.

"But I heard you and dad arguing. I don't want you to go." He quivers.

"Well, I'm leaving. And people argue. That's just life." I explain.

"I'll miss you." He says hugging me tight.

"I'll see you soon." I say.

"I'll walk you to the door." He says and stands up. He grabs my hand and we walk to the door. I pick up my bag and let go of his small hand. "Goodbye, sissy." He says planting a kiss on my cheek.

"See ya later." I reply. I look in the living room and see my father getting his back rubbed as he holds his head in his hands. Lord. I open the front door and walk out. Before I pull out the driveway I wave to Charles and then I'm gone.

Instead of speeding to the trailer, I just take the legal speed. I look out the window at the passing trees and houses. This is such a cute town. Everyone is so friendly. It's a good place to grow up. I turn onto the road of the camp ground and see children running around playing with their parents and with dogs. One kid runs right in front of my car and I slam on my breaks.

"Sorry!" Their mom says. I just wave with a smile and the little kid is picked up and walked to the otherside of the road.

Then I press on and look for camper 209. It starts to get frustrating when I can't find it. I've gone down every row and can't find the 200s. Just one more lap before I call Nicole.

"One-nine-nine, two-zero-five, ah! Two-zero-nine!" I say to myself. I pull into the site, and it looks nice. Nicole said to turn the green water tap on, so before I go inside I turn the knob until it can't turn anymore.

I go back to the car for all my stuff, and the keys and walk into the camper. It's pretty big. It's more like a mini house. To my right is a room with two beds made up for the girls. Then in front of me is a couch, next to that is a kitchen. Directly to my left is a dining area. Then I move to the back of the camper to find a bathroom, and then the bed that I will be sleeping in. I plop my bag on the floor and walk to the kitchen and search the fridge.

"Sandwich meat, bread, some chocolate. And in the pantry," I close the fridge and go to the pantry, "Lots of chips."

I ate a lot at Nicole's house, so I'm not hungry. Just as I close the fridge, my phone rings. Who could that be? I pull my phone out of my pocket and look at a text message.

Unknown: You thought you could hide forever? I found you, and I can find your friend, Nicole. If you want her safe, you'll be at the ring in an hour.

You: I'll be there.

Panic rises in my chest. Before I know it, I'm in my car speeding down the road, knuckles white on the steering wheel. How did Rowan find me? He must be really mad, he never threatens my personal life! Who does he think he is!? I am beyond mad, but behind all that anger is fear.

I don't want to fight again. I can't fight again. And now that he is mad, I am doomed.

- 45 minutes later -

I was speeding so much that I'm early. I pull into the rundown boxing building, but it is far from run down. Rowan hosts fights here all the time. I get out of my car and walk into the building. I open the doors slowly and try to act as calm as I can. Rowan stands in the center of the ring with Dominic and Troy on each side of him.

"Ash." Rowan bellows.

I step into the ring. "Rowan."

"You made quite the exit. But you didn't think it was that easy right? No? Well, to pay me back the ten grand you lost me that night, you will fight for me again." I stay silent. "You will fight until you win my money back, and long after that."

I only have four words to say to the repulsive man: "When do I start?"

"Tonight." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.9K 2.7K 35
Have you ever been in love with your best friend? Well, I certainly have. I'm the girl from the wrong side of the tracks. The girl who is an illegiti...
3.5M 114K 50
Astrid is running from a monster, the man who kidnapped her and forced her to breed his heirs. But she's escaped his clutches. Finding herself fleein...
9.7K 453 16
He grunted as he grabbed my arm again and made me face him, but he didn't say anything. My anger was mounting and this was as private as it was going...
517K 9.9K 33
*COMPLETED* Description : Honey is just shy of her 21st birthday when she moves to a tiny little town deep in New Mexico. She has no money, no fam...