The King Who Represents Pride...

By filip1500

On first glance, he seems like your average student that's trying to get an education so that he can find wor... More

Info
Summoned to another world?!
Strange Power
Insignia
The Battle Against the Bowelhunter
The 5th Royal Canditate
Invitation
Blond Loli
Meeting the Clown
The Chains of an Oni
Punishment
Training
The Village
Mabeast Attack
Mabeast Attack Part 2
Mabeast Attack Part 3
Return
Hell?
Demons
Queen of "Hell"
New "Allies"
The Morning After...
Chat with The Awesome Demon
Grand Entrance
Royal Selection
Discovery
Crack in the Facade
Job for the Blond Brat
Gained Information
Attack of the Cult
Sloth vs Pride
The Anticlimactic Demise
True Nature
New Foe
Greed and Gluttony
Underestimated Evil
Strike Back
A Second Invitation
Ride to The Mathers Domain
Return to The Mansion
Road to the Sanctuary
Witch of Greed

New "Friends"

9.7K 235 184
By filip1500

Pleiades and Felt were walking along the path to Old Man Rom's loot house, the only real reason he agreed to come with her was to get some information about the world.

That would be all well and great, but there was one small problem.

Felt kept making fun of Pleiades as they walked along the path.

Pleiades: Can you stop talking for a damn second?!

To his suprise, Felt suddenly stopped talking and laughing at him......For about one second.....

Felt: Pff- Seriously? Who names their child after the watchtower?

Pleiades: The watchtower?

Felt: Oh wow, you don't even know that? You lost your memories or something?

Pleiades: Just bring me to this "Old man Rom" you keep talking about.

Felt: Yea, the loot house is right over there.

She pointed at a wooden house that was slightly bigger than most houses around here, but that wasn't saying much. It still looked like a dump.

The two simply made their way towards the loot house and Felt knocked on the door.

A grumpy old voice came from behind the door and he seemed to make up some riddels, which Felt answered easily.

Pleiades didn't really care about some riddles, but he did pick up on the fact that there's a lot of......Tension between the poor and the rich.

The door opened and revealed a dark skinned giant with either a tattoo or war paint on his face, but Pleiades couldn't really tell.

???: Huh, I wasn't expecting you here today, Felt.

Felt: Well, I figured you wouldn't want to miss out on some entertainment.

Pleiades: Oh, so i'm nothing more but entertainment?

Pleiades wasn't liking this one bit, but he really needed the information about this world, even if that information was basic logic in this world.

???: Well would you look at that! You actually brought a friend ove-

Felt: Not friends.

Pleiades: Not even close.

The old giant seemed to ponder something for a second, and then he said something completely outlandish.

???: So.....A lover?

Felt: Wha?! No! Of course not!

Since they arrived here, Felt seemed to have a smug attitude, but when the old giant said that, her smug attitude turned into irritation.

Pleiades: Obviously not. Who would want to be with a brat like her?

Felt: Hey! Who are you calling a brat?!

Pleiades: The shortest person currently present, though it does hurt a bit to look at you in the eye, since it makes my neck hurt to look down so much.

Felt: Oi! Don't make fun of me! I can beat your ass easily!

Pleiades: Uhuh. Sure. Anyway, you're Old man Ram, right?

Felt: Wrong, it's Old man Rom.

Rom: Yea, that's me. You can call me just Rom though.

With that, the three of them entered the loot house, while Felt explained to Rom why Pleiades is even there.....But the reaction Rom gave to his name did annoy Pleiades quite a bit.

Rom: Seriously?! You're just asking to be made fun of!

Pleiades: Oh for the love of god.....Just shut up....

Rom: Uhuh, right. Sorry, sorry.

The old giant did say sorry but, Pleiades could easily tell that it was sarcasm at best.

Rom: Anyways, where are you from, kid?

Felt: Don't bother asking, he doesn't know the names of the four countries.

Rom: Seriously?

Pleiades: Hey! I do know, Lugnica Kararagi, Gusteko and-

Felt: Yea, after I told you about them.

To Pleiades, this couldn't get any worse, he just wants to get out of here, but there is an issue with that.

It's starting to get dark.

And if Pleiades had to guess, walking around the streets in the dark in a medieval world is probably a bad idea. It's like asking to get robbed, or even killed.

So he'll have to endure the fact that he's going to get made fun of for a while just to get some information and a safe place to stay at. Well, atleast he hopes it's safe.

So for what he guessed was an hour or two, the due of Felt and Rom told him some of the basic information in this world, which is why they continued to make fun of him almost constantly, but what really annoyed Pleiades is just how much they seemed to be enjoying making fun of him. It hurt his Pride a bit.

But in the end, he did get the basic idea of what's going on in the world around him.

Firstly, he learned a bit more about Lugnica, which was officially called the Kingdom of Lugnica. For example he learned that there's currently a bit of a succession crisis going on, since apparently the entire Royal Family died. And the ones currently in control are the Sage Council, who are five elders who currently manage the kingdom.

Second. Pleiades didn't learn much about the other countries, but he did learn that Lugnica and Vollachia pretty much despise eachother.

Thirdly. 400 years ago the world was almost destroyed by someone called the Witch of Envy, or Satella. Apparently it took the first Sword Saint, the Divine Dragon and the Sage to stop the evil being.

Pleiades could already tell, but they still told him about the whole hatred between the poor and the rich.

There's also some Witchcult that are trying to resurrect the Witch of Envy. Not much is known about them, but they apparently follow what their Gospels tell them to do and as an example they are known to slaughter random villages in brutal and inhumane ways.

So in other words, terrorists.

There's also people known as Sin Archbishops, which are pretty much the leaders, or at least higher in command than other Witchcultists.

They also each represent one of the Sins.

Apparently, they posses Witch powers that make them very difficult to beat in a fight. The most active one is the one who represents Sloth and the one that's a bit less active is Greed. But aside from them, no one really knows if the other Sins actually are real, since no one else knows about them.

There also exist creatures called Mabeast, who are creatures created by the Witch, but the most well known Mabeasts are the Three Great Mabeasts.

The White Whale.

The Great Rabbit.

And lastly the Black Snake.

After they finished talking, Rom seemed to notice that it had finally gotten dark outside.

Rom: By the way, where do you live, kid?

Pleiades:.......

Felt: Well, just learned about the world, so he probably doesn't have a home.

Rom: Well how about this? I have some extra beds in the back, since i've enjoyed this night a lot, i'll let you stay for the night.

Pleiades: Well, I don't have much reason to refuse, do I?

Felt: Well, i'll be going then, thanks for making the night 50 times more enjoyable then it would have been, pff- Pleiades.

Even after almost two hours Felt couldn't get over his name.

Pleiades: Really? You're still laughing about that?

But Felt was already gone, almost as fast as the wind.

Pleiades: Huh.....She's pretty fast....Isn't it a bad idea to let her go at night?

Rom: I wouldn't worry too much, she's tougher than she looks.

Pleiades: Well, if you say so....

With that, Rom opened a door in the back which had.......beds.....But the problem was that whatever was infront of Pleiades barely qualifies as a bed.

Rom: Here you go. You know, it's not often that I let someone stay over, especially for free. But I did have a lot of fun today so i'll be generous for once.

Pleiades: Is that so?

Rom then went back to the main portion of the loot house leaving you in the room with the "bed"

Pleiades:.....Guess it's better than sleeping on the streets......I think?

That night, Pleiades didn't get even an hour of sleep, one of the reasons was the fact that the "bed" he slept on could barely be qualified as a bed and compared to his bed at home this was pretty much like sleeping on rocks, but another reason was that he didn't trust these people, after all he had just met them, and from what he could make out they pretty much criminals, so who knows what they might do to him if he let his guard down.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Pleiades was extremely exhausted. He barely got any sleep and he was on guard the entire time, but he still got out of bed and made his way towards the main portion of the loot house.

When he opened the door, he saw Rom sitting there with a glass of milk in his hand.

Rom: Oh! I forgot you were here.

Pleiades: How the hell do you forget that?

Rom: Well, i'm not used to guests, that's all.

Pleiades sat down infront of Rom and sighed, atleast he didn't have to lie down on that damn "bed" anymore.

Rom: Just so you know, this was a one time thing, so don't expect to be able to stay the night here again.

Pleiades: I figured as much. By the way, are there any jobs I can take?

Rom: Hmm....The only thing I can think of is working as almost a slave for a noble.

Pleiades: Then no......By the way, do you know what minimum wage is?

Rom: A minimum what now?

Pleiades: Figured as much. By the way, where does Felt live?

Rom: Oh, she lives in a small tent about 200 meters that way.

As he said that, he pointed towards his right.

Pleiades: In a straight line?

Rom: Yea, it's hard to miss too. Unlike the other tents, hers has a bunch of random items sitting around.

Pleiades: Good to know, i'll be going then. I need to figure out a source of income.

Rom: Sure kid. Good luck.

Without even saying goodbye, Pleiades walked out of the loot house while muttering something to himself.

Pleiades: As if I need something like luck to survive...

With that, he made his way towards Felt's home, and Rom wasn't kidding it was pretty easy to spot, since it had a lot more random items than any of the other tents.

And.....It wasn't anything pretty, he's shocked that someone could even live here.

He walked up to it and opened the curtains and saw Felt sleeping there with a dirty blanket on top of her.

Pleiades started shaking her to wake up, but he wasn't being gentle about it at all. He shook her so hard it could almost be considered violent.

Felt's eyes widen as she instantly grabs a knife that Pleiades didn't notice and tried to strike Pleiades with it, but he managed to just barely dodge it.

Pleiades: Whoa!

Felt: You-

She was about to say something, but she looked at Pleiades's face and noticed who he was.

Felt: Oh, it's you. Did you just try to sexually assault me?

Pleiades: What?! No! That's disgusting! And what the hell are you doing swinging that knife around?!

Felt: Hey, I have to be cautious, you never know what might happen to you.

As Felt said that, Pleiades remembered that he was in another world. Which was definitely more dangerous than his own world, by a lot.

Pleiades: Right. Anyway, Is there any work I could do?

Felt:....Well, you could probably work for a noble almost like a sla-

Pleiades: Already heard that.

Felt: Then you could try stealing like me! But I doubt you'd ever become as good as me.

Pleiades: Urgh....

Pleiades had two options, either work as a unoffical slave for a noble, or steal. Both don't sound great, but working as a slave sounds the worst, all those nobles would probably insult him while he couldn't do anything about it. That would severely harm his Pride.

He did think of going to the city and asking for a job instead of asking someone like Felt whose a thief, but when he thought about it, he probably had no chance of finding a job there, since he wouldn't be able to identify where he came from.

Pleiades: Hey Shortie.

Felt: Stop calling me that! You're not even that tall!

Pleiades: Mind telling me where are the best places to rob people at?

Felt paused for a moment as she looked at him, and then she grinned which Pleiades had to admit, did look pretty cute.

Felt: Sure i'll tell you! But for a price that is!

Pleiades: And my respect for you went down by 50 points. Not like there was much to begin with.

Felt: Hey! People have to survive out here, you know!

Pleiades:....Fine, i'll pay you after I steal the prize.....

And with that truly started the friendship between Felt and Pleiades, with his decision to become a thief, both of them will start bonding as partners in crime.

Almost 2200 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 100 30
You go on an adventure with your twin brother trying become a hero. However, due to an accident within your past, you had trouble trusting anyone, es...
9.4K 294 14
Natsuki Subaru has been trying to keep the existence of Return by Death a secret. However, after waking up and talking with Emilia after dying at the...
1.7K 61 1
The Witch of Envy decided to capture Subaru's love and affection by whatever means necessary. No matter how cruel and evil. He must be hers. Emilia n...
10.3K 235 9
You were just normal person with a normal life and you were just suddenly teleported to one of the most dangerous anime worlds with the original body...