The Outlaw

By BurningDynamite

Miley Cyrus, also known as the Outlaw, is one of the most wanted criminals at the moment, best known for robb... More

Chapter 1- The Escape
Chapter 3 - The Encounter
Chapter 4- The Bomb is Set
Chapter 5- The Attack
Chapter 6- A Promise
Chapter 7 - Guilt
Chapter 8 - Buisness Trip Planning
Chapter 9 - Jacksonville
Chapter 10 - Jacksonville Part 2
Chapter 11 - A Secret is Better Kept Untold
Chapter 12 - Surprise
Chapter 13 - The Unknown
Chapter 14 - Her Secret
Chapter 15 - UN-revealed
Chapter 16 - Open Wounds
Chapter 17 - After Shocks
Chapter 18 - Tick-Tock
Chapter 19 - Revelations
Chapter 20 - Runaway Love
Chapter 21 - Speculations
Chapter 22- Alliance
Chapter 23 - Her Return
Chapter 24- Missing
Chapter 25 - The Medley's the Key
Chapter 26 - A Deadly Surprise
Chapter 27 - Reunions
Chapter 28 - The Unexpected
Chapter 29 - Warehouse?
Chapter 30 - Fort Lauderdale
Chapter 31 - Lucid Reality
Chapter 32 - Revealed Emotions
Chapter 33 - The Day Before the Falling

Chapter 2- The Assignment

705 33 4
By BurningDynamite

Sorry about taking so long to update. We were literally taking theses practise tests all week for like hours and by when I got home I was exhausted and too lazy to, and I have contest coming up on Thursday I believe for band so yeah.. please forgive me and here's Chapter 2!

~ Miley's POV ~

"Ahh!"  I heard a little girl scream. "No Stop It! Please! I'm sorry!" Those words sound familiar. I looked around the area of my surroundings. Where am I? Am I dead? Is this what hell looks like?

"Shut up you annoying piece of shit!" A raspy, yet haunting voice yelled. "If you make another noise I will tell your mother how you're forcing yourself on me."

That voice. I know that voice. How can I forget that voice that haunts my worst nightmares. But why is it that this voice is making me shiver with so much anxiety?

"No please!" The little girl pleaded as I heard heavy footsteps running down the creaking, old, rotten stairs. That stair case? I looked around, there's a hole in the wall. And the walls are leaking and the roof is falling in? ...It's all too familiar!

Something caught my eye that made my heart stop. A photo frame. Not just any photo frame. That picture frame... has a picture of my father. Where am I? And why do these people have a picture of my dad? I look over to the right... the foot steps are getting louder.

"No please stop it Rob!" The little girl screeched in horror. Rob... It's him. But how? He's DEAD! He can't be alive! HE'S DEAD I SAW HIM DIE...

What am I supposed to do? Run? Hide? The girl came into sight. She seemed to be 13 and was wearing rags and her face seemed to be covered in sweat and dirt. I was standing right in front of her, but she wasn't reacting, she was just looking straight ahead as she shivered in fear. I know her... I know this little girl.

"Get back here you little mutt!" A man slurred. It was Rob.

The girl paniced and ran into the kitchen. This all seems too familiar, but for some reason my brain doesn't want to remember.

I watched as Rob ran behind her.. with that same mustache he had... oh no. I ran into the kitchen as I watched the little girl gripping tightly around a knife. "Get Away from me!" She warned and I mouthed every single word the girl said. Every single word that thirteen year old me had said... ten years ago.

Rob walked step by step over to her, he knew she wouldn't stab him. He thought I wouldn't stab him. He was right, I was too terrified to even react quickly when he yanked the knife off me and forcefully dragged me... that thirteen year old girl, was about to have her life stolen from her. And she didn't do anything about it. I didn't do anything about it.

I watch as he drags her.. me up the stairs as the little girls begs him for mercy.

I feel myself drop on the floor as I cover my ears and shut my eyes. I know what's going to happen next, and I can't bare to even have to slightest memory of this.

Why am I even here? Last I remember I was arrested... and this was ten years ago.. how did I even get here?

How....?

**

I jolt up, gasping for air. It was just a dream... a horrible dream... a nightmare... a memory. I look around expecting to be in a jail cell full off roaches and rodents. Instead I'm in a more familiar area.. I'm in my room, in my castle sized mansion. It's built off downtown of Miami, no one really looks here and if they do I have an underground escape rout that leads off towards the sea where I have undercover allies prepared in case of an emergency.

I'm safe. I look out and noticed it's dark outside.. how long was I out? I feel a pang of pain hit me as I try to stand up. Right the lasers... forgot about that. I noticed I'm all bandaged up and seem to have been changed into my night gown. I laugh silently, they know me so well.

I look over at the clock. Midnight, guess I was knocked out pretty long.

I wrap my robe around me and decide to go check up on Alex. Alex, my light and joy. The only living thing that I love in this world. I hate that he has to have me as a mother.. he doesn't know anything right now, but he soon will and it's not long before he'll begin to hate me.

I open the door to his bedroom expecting to find him asleep, but instead he's sitting on his small table doodling on a piece of paper. His eyes light up when he see's me.

"Mommy!" My six year old son jumps up and runs towards me. I hold him close to me and kiss the top of his head.

"It's a little late to be off coloring, don't you think." I tell him quietly.

He shrugs. "I couldn't sleep." He begins. "Jesse and Siena were rushing you in and you were bleeding. A lot."

I didn't want Alex to see me like this. I have to have a talk with them about this.

"It wasn't anything serious-" I begin before he cut me off.

"I thought you were dead." He chokes out. "You weren't moving or waking up. I was so scared. I don't wanna loose you."

I'm a horrible person, I'm a monster. I hate myself for putting so much fear on my little boy.

"You're never going to loose me," I say as I look at him and hold his face. "I'm afraid that it's going to be me that's going to loose you one day though." I say with tears in my eyes.

Alex shakes his head as his blue eyes sparkle in the moon light. "You'll never loose me." He whispers as he kisses my head like I had just done to him. He runs to retrieve his paper that he was drawing on and says,"I know it's not as beautiful nor as valuable as all those paintings around the house, but this is a way so you'll know I'm always with you."

Alex hands me the paper, and it is for sure it's not those million-worth paintings, it's a billion times better. It's a drawing of me and him, in a far away place, as he calls it. Away from everything.

"I love it!" I exclaim full-heartily. "More than any painting in the world!"

He smiles and I pull him into a hug. I'm nothing without him. He's the only reason I'll keep fighting to stay alive, if he dies  then so will I.

~ Nick's POV ~

It's been three days since The Outlaw has yet again escaped, and since they know she's in the area, policemen, agents, detectives are searching every where for her.

It's not fair. She's done so many horrible things, yet nothing bad EVER happens to her. She's basically living the dream life of any criminal out there. For some stupid reason they respect her. For what though? The fact that we've been tracking this girl down since she was what? Twelve? Thirteen? Fourteen?

Is it because of her riches and power? Is it because those little minions of hers treat her like she was some sort of Goddess? I swear you'd think that because they're criminals that they wouldn't give a shit about anyone else but themselves. But these lost puppies are so willing to give up their OWN LIVES for her. It's sick.

I can't wait for the day that she is put behind bars. Even then that wouldn't be compared to everything she has done. All the lives she's stolen. The innocent souls who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. My sister.. Jazz.. she didn't deserve this. She was so young, so beautiful, and it just isn't fair. I hate The OutLaw, I can't wait until she's sentenced to death.

"Hey!" I hear a familiar voice from behind me pop up. I smiled when I saw it was Olive. She was my sister's best friend, I know she ached just as much as I did when we heard about her death.

"Mornin'. " I say as I serve myself a cup of coffee and grab a bagel. "I hope I'm not late."

She grabs a cup of coffee as well and shakes her head,"Oh you are." She says as she adds sugar to her cup. "But the bossman is having a meeting at the moment so he probably wouldn't noticed."

I chuckled a bit,"As great as that sounds, I haven't clocked in, so I am officially late!" I say as I roll my eyes. Let's see what lecture awaits for me today. My dad treats me like I'm still in high school, he doesn't think I'm 'well prepared' for the world. I thought maybe joining as an officer would change his mind, but it clearly hasn't. No matter what I do, I'm never good enough.

"Well that's why YOU Officer Nicholas J. are so lucky to have ME as a friend." Olive says as she smiles proudly.

I raise an eyebrow,"And why is that Officer Olivia C." I question, mocking the same tone of voice she used on me.

"Because my dear friend according to the schedule, you are five minutes early." Olive says as a devious smile creeps up on her face.

I place my coffee cup on the counter and and embrace her. She has no idea what she just saved me from. "Liv, you're the best!" I exclaim. "I owe you one."

She giggles, "Well you can always buy me food!" She happily suggests.

An idea pops into my head,"Why don't I take you out to dinner instead?!" I have no idea why I just asked that.

Olive seems shocked. I basically just made things awkward. Great!

"Only if you want to." I quickly add.

"Uhm.." She thinks about it for a minute, and then she smiles. "Sure, I'd love to."

I smile,"Great.. uhm how does Saturday sound?!" Wow this just esculated quickly.

"Call me...?" She says with a smile, in which I gladly return. She then gets called into the K9 training center and dismisses herself with an awkward wave.

I did make things awkward. Crap. Why did I even basically asked her out on a date with me? Do I even have feelings for her? I'm aware that she does. I've heard rumors back in the school days that confirm my theory.

Well I hope she thinks that it's as friends, that'll probably make things a little less awkward.

"Nick!" I hear Matthew call out my name.

I turn around to face him,"Dude.. I think I just asked Liv on a date..?" I say when he's standing right in front of me.

He gives me a questioning look,"Wait, what?!" He asks, but before I can explain he quickly shakes his head and says,"Nevermind that. They captured one of The OutLaw's 'employees'!"

I feel my face harden at the mention of her. Damn it, why is she everywhere yet no where at the same time?

"They have? Who?" I question as I follow Matthew who has started walking towards the Conference Room.

Matthew shrugs,"Who knows but the boss man just called in an urgent meeting with you, Dayne, and I." He explains.

Honestly, having one of her many minions arrested gives me hope. He's going to have to spill sooner or later.

"Could we be a step closer?" I then ask my best friend.

He gives me a puzzled look. "A step closer to what?" He questions.

"To putting her behind bars." I bitterly say. There's nothing more that I want than to watch her rot in a prison cell, and maybe let her get a few beatings. It's what she deserves after all. That and much worse.

"Are you going to ever let than vengeance go?" Matthew asks with a hint of annoyance in his voice. So he's annoyed? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Why is he so defensive of my sister's killer, HIS fiancee's killer?

"What's up with you being so forgiving?" I challenge him. "Do I need to remind you that SHE is the reason that you and Jazz aren't happily married right now, and possibly expecting a child by now!"

His expression softens as a few tears begin to form in his eyes. That was clearly the wrong thing to say. I don't understand him, first he defends the criminal that killed the woman that he was planning on marrying, yet he get's all emotional when I mention something that would've happened if it wasn't for her.

Matthew's face then hardens after a second as he stops walking and stands outside the Conference Room. "You don't know what happened to Jazzmine." He spat. "None of us do.. we're not even sure if it was The Outlaw who really murdered her."

I let out a bitter laugh,"You're kidding me right? The Outlaw and her minions were the only criminals in that area! Of course it was her!"

He shakes his head,"You sure about that?" Matthew says as he opens the door indicating that he wants the conversation to end here. But it can't, what does he mean if I'm sure? Of course I'm sure! That's the only logical explanation.

We enter The Conference Room and see that Dayne was already sitting there along with the chief and two guys and a female wearing suits and sunglasses.

"Oh Great." Chief J. says. "You're here, now we can get started."

Matthew and I pull out a seat and sit down in front of the desk. I give Dayne a questioning look and he just shrugs.

"Good day officers." A man with the light brown hair greeted us with a his British accent. "I'm detective Kolden and these are my partners Detective Levi and Detective Thirlwall." (A/N Jade Thirlwall from Little Mix.. I love her ) He gestured towards the dirty blonde male detective on his left and the brown, curly haired female on his right.

"Officers Matthew, Nicholas, and Dayne." Matthew introduces us.

"Is there a problem, detective?" I question suspiciously. I mean it's not everyday you see three British detectives around here.

"We're from the GBDA, Great Britain Detective Agency." (A/N I dunno if that's an actual company. ) Detective Thirlwall says.

"And we're here to offer you three a life changing assignment." Detective Levi finishes for her.

I raise an eyebrow and Dayne asks,"Life changing? What kind of assignment are we talking about here?"

Detective Kolden smiled, flashing his two silver teeth. I noticed as Matthew tensed at the sight of his teeth, and his eyes filled with.. rage? I don't know if I'm imagining things now.

"Well I'm glad you asked Officer Dayne." Detective Kolden says. "I'm aware that you've three have heard of The Outlaw... am I correct?"

All three of us nod and I noticed that Matthew has contained himself, but his eyes still hold so much hatred in them, what's his problem with Detective Kolden? Have they met before? And what kind of history do they have if they did?

"We've located where she's been hiding out for the past couple of years.." Detective Levi begins.

"That's great, so when will she be arrested!" I find myself interrupting, as I'm overwhelmed with joy. Finally! Hopefully justice will be made. I noticed that Chief J. was glaring at me for interrupting Detective Levi. I have disappointed him, once again...

"It's not as simple as it seems." Detective Thirlwall hisses as she flips her laptop around for us to see her enormous mansion. "The house is way too big, and she is surrounded and guarded by hundreds of people who are willing to sacrifice themselves for her."

"Which will give her enough time to escape." Detective Levi adds.

"So what does that have to do with us?" Dayne question.

"Well Officer Dayne if we can't the cat to fit in the mice hole, then we have to lure the mice out." Detective Kolden says as he smiles creepily.

"So you're saying that we have to find a way to lure her out.. by herself?" I ask suddenly becoming more intrested in this.

"And by that we need you three to go on an undercover mission." Detective Thilwall explains.

All three of us look at each other, trying to sink in what has just been told to us. Are they sure that it's safe in there? How are we even going to get in? Apply for it?

"I'll do it!" Matthew says after a few seconds of silence. "I'll go undercover." This definitely took me by surprise. You'd think that he would be here defending The Outlaw as usual, not planning her arrest. He confuses me.

My dad smiles,"I'm impressed Officer Matthew." He praises. "How about you two?"

Dayne and I look at each other. "Is it even safe in there?" Dayne questions.

"Our hidden sources have confirmed that it is.." Detective Thirlwall replies.

"Well if you have hidden spies then why do you need us?" I find myself asking.

"Because Nicholas, in order to get The Outlaw to come out of her guarded castle alone, she needs to trust someone." Chief J.. or my dad begins to explain. "Someone that will charm her, and have her weak to her knees. That someone is going to be you son.."

What the fuck?! I am not going to pretend to be in love with her, just so I can get her out. "There must be some other way." I begin to protest.

"Isn't this what you've always wanted Nicholas? Revenge on your sister's killer?" Chief J. begins to try and tempt me to do it.

I raise my eyebrows, curious to know how he knew I wanted revenge on The Outlaw? This suggestion is very tempting, but honestly I don't know if I'll be able to put on act for who knows how long, without attempting to murder her myself.

"Do I have to kiss her and pretend that I actually care?" I ask, already knowing the answer, although I was hoping he'd say no.

Detective Kolden nods,"Indeed." He says. "So what do you say, Officer?"

I hesitate. I want to kill her, make her feel the same pain that I felt when I lost Jazz, not 'love' her nor 'care' about her!

"Think about it Nicholas.." my father begins. "If you do this.. you'll be a hero all over the world! People will admire you for your bravery and risk. This is a chance for you to bring one of the world's most dangerous criminals down. It'll be a honor to have you as my son."

I gasp quietly, isn't this what I've always wanted? To have my father feel proud that I'm his son, that we share the same blood. To have him say "Great job sport!" or "I'm proud of you boy!" This could be my only chance to probably ever hear those words coming out of his mouth.

"And I know you're sister would want you to do this." Chief J adds.

At the mention of my sister something clicked, she would want me to do this, wouldn't she? She would do for me, so why can't I do it for her? I watched as Matthew looked down, not wanting to say or do anything. I know he thinks Jazz wouldn't want this, but he's wrong. This needs to be done.

"I'll do it too." Dayne agrees as he gives me a slight nod.

I sigh and keep reminding myself that this what Jazz would want. This is what Jazz wouldn't done for me.

I look up at Chief J and the detectives and say,"When do we start?"

I noticed that my dad and Detective Kolden give each other a look that only they know what it means. I noticed Matthew tense, again. What is going on? Did I miss something? Can they read each others minds or something?

Detective Kolden looks at me and smiles one of his very haunting smiles,"Excellent..." he says and I could feel myself shiver by the tone of thick British accent.

~ Miley's POV ~

"I honestly don't think it's a good idea Miley." Jesse says as he tries to prevent me from going into my office.

I rolled my eyes at my over protective best friend. "You're treating me like a baby Jess," I say as I tried to make my way around him.

"Well you act like one!" He challenges me.

I am growing more and more annoyed with him, you'd think because I'm the leader of this organization he'd listen to me, but apparently he's too much of an ass to do so.

"I'm fine!" I spat as I pushed through him. "I just want to see if Napoleon has responded."

"You mean Napoleon Sorenson? The most wanted drug dealer in France?" He questions.

I nod as I reach my laptop sitting on my desk. "The one and only."

Napoleon Sorensen was a forty-year old man with snow-white hair and mustache. He always wore these huge animal-skinned coats, which I'm highly against, but then again I've killed people so...

"What did he want?" Jesse asks curiously.

"Business deals." I say as I scroll through my e-mails. "He wanted to buy 25 pounds of cocaine."

"I thought he made his own?" Jesse asks as he sits on the chair in front of my desk.

"Not as good as ours apparently." I say with a smirk as I look at him.

"I don't get it, coke is coke! It's going up your nose so why does it matter?" Jesse asks.

"Don't ask me." I say, still scrolling until a particular e-mail catches my attention. I clicked on it and opened it.

Subject: No Subject

Watch you're back Cyrus.. seems like karma can appear at any moment at your door step. Don't be suprised by the explosion though. Just remember me when I bring you down, the way you brought me. But hey, at least I'm giving you a heads up. Sleep with one eye open.
     Yours Truly,
                            Jacques 

"He's back." I say looking up at Jesse.

He gives me a questioning look,"Who?" he asks.

"Jacques." I reply. "That son of a bitch had the nerve to threaten me."

Jesse walked over next me and reads the e-mail. "Is he like foreshadowing that he's going to leave a bomb or something at the door step or...?"

I shrug,"I honestly don't know, but we have to stay alert." I say.

"But he's only after you Miley. Not us." He tells me.

My heart stops at the thought that he might do anything to Alex. "Does he know about Alex?" I ask, desperately hoping he didn't. If he dares to lay a finger on Alex, I'll kill him. I'll become his worst nightmare.

"If the whole world knows about Alex, I'm certain he does too. But he can't know how much you care about him, or he might use him to lure you in." Jesse says.

"I'll kill him." I say as I clench my fists.

Jesse sighs,"We need to keep an eye on him then, we know what Jacques is capable of when it comes to revenge." He reminds me.

Jesse's right. I can't let Alex out of my sight now. But I know that I can't always have my eye on him. I need someone who would risk their own live for him, instead of me. Someone who I can trust. Someone who isn't always out on missions with me or selling the drugs for me.

But who?

Please excuse any spelling errors, I'll fix them later. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428K 32.6K 77
[Highest Ranks] ***2018 Watty's Shortlist*** ***FEATURED STORY*** #1 in Novels #5 in Murder Mysteries #6 in Mystery / Thriller Kathrine Woods was hea...
1.2K 363 38
This city is a mess. First of all, the police are hilariously unsuccessful in arresting a highly criminal nightclub owner. The media are ensuring eve...
The Arrangement By ❦

Mystery / Thriller

458K 10.1K 48
𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...
3.6M 179K 48
I can't keep the smile off my face as I take my seat on the plane. I slide my bag under the seat and lean back. I close my eyes and let a blissful sm...