Destiny's Will

By Inaayat_10

Separated by the destiny, connected by their hearts! Their story was like a half crescent moon, Incomplete, y... More

COPYRIGHT
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
NOTE- Please do not skip
CHAPTER 21
NEW BOOK
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
Chapter 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
NEW BOOK
IMPORTANT NOTE
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
NEXT CHAPTER?
CHAPTER 34
ANNOUNCEMENT
NEXT CHAPTER?
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
NEXT UPDATE?
CHAPTER 37
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 17

2.6K 190 14
By Inaayat_10

Before beginning with the chapter I just wanted to apologize as I wasn't able to update on Tuesday as I was busy with my internals. I am still having them but I took out sometime to write this chapter as I really don't want to give a lot of gap in updating. My schedule is a bit upset due to the assignments and internals so there might be some delay in the upcoming chapters but I won't make you guys wait for long!

I have written this chapter really quick so I don't know whether it's upto the mark or not🙈

Please do vote, comment and follow for faster updates!

Happy Reading!

........

As soon as he left, tears brimmed in Nandini's eyes. 

Nandini (to herself)- just stop doing all this Manik because I can't forgive you. I am scared, scared to left alone once again, scared to be broken. I can't give us a second chance.

The rest of the day went by normally.

At the dinner table,

Nandini- Aadu, these green vegetables are not to be kept aside but they have to be eaten. Finish all that's in your plate.

Nandini's scolding made Manik's mind race back to their past. 

Nandini- Manik you are ill, can't you just listen to me once.

Manik- Nandini, you know na I can do anything for you but not this. These tasteless vegetables make e feel pukish. No no I am not having them. No chance!

Nandini- Mr. Malhotra get me straight, you aren't leaving this chair until you finish all of these vegetables that you have so conveniently shifted to my plate by sending me to get water for you.

Manik- I was ill last week. I don't need these now. Order some biryani or pizza for me.

Nandini- Please Manik, for me.

There came Nandini's master stroke, soft voice and puppy eyes, the best combination to make Manik give into her demands.

Manik- no don't give me that look.

Nandini- can't you do this much for me?

Nandini asked emotionally. Manik huffed in annoyance and picked up his fork that made Nandini smile,

Manik- fine, just for you. And dare you show me those puppy eyes again!

Nandini giggled and bobbed her head looking at the whining monster sitting right in front of her.

In the next few minutes, all the vegetables had disappeared from Manik's plate much to Nandini's relief.

Manik- now where's my reward?

Nandini passed him a clueless look.

Manik- what? Stop looking at me like that. I did this for you so now it's your turn to do something for me in return.

Nandini- but I already ate my vegetables, so what should I do in return.

Nandini said innocently, rolling her cheek on the inner side of her tongue. Manik got up from his chair and came towards her. A smirk was playing on his lips. He leaned towards her and whispered in a husky voice,

Manik- there are many ways by which you can give me a reward.

Nandini- what ways?

Nandini turned her head towards him and said playing along. They were now merely inches apart and their noses were touching.

Manik- Let me show you rather than telling in words.

Saying this, Manik leaned towards her lips and she closed her eyes feeling his hot breath on her face.

Manik's trance broke on hearing Aadhya's voice who was cutely arguing with her mother to win the vegetable battle.

Aadhya- but mom even dad is not eating them, why are not telling him?

Aadhya complained cutely and scrunched her nose looking at the vegetables that were piled up on one side of her plate.

Nandini (whispers to herself)- like father like daughter

Nandini- because your dad does what he likes to, I am no one to tell him what to do and what not to. He is not a kid anymore.

Aadhya- I am also not a small kid, I am FIVE now. I won't have these.

Aadhya declared making Nandini slightly irritated,

Nandini- Aadu

Manik(cuts her off)- Princess, mom is telling you to have these for your own good. Vegetables will give you energy and then we can play more.

Aadhya- then you will also need more energy, you also have them.

Manik was about to reply to her when he heard Nandini's voice calling him.

Nandini- Manik,

Manik's eyes turn towards Nandini. His name sounded so pure when taken by her.

Nandini- Please have the vegetables, she is as stubborn as you, she won't have them unless you have it.

Manik nodded his head and started swallowing the vegetables. Nandini gestured Aadhya to finish the vegetables in her plate as well. Both father and daughter started gulping the vegetables in, making a bad face. After finishing half of the vegetables, they passed each other a look and then started throwing pleading looks towards Nandini. Nandini laughed inwardly looking at their cute faces but she maintained a strict face.

Nandini(sternly)- I want these to be finished.

Manik and Aadhya(together)- Please, we have had half of these.

Nandini- huff, fine

An ear-to-ear grin spread on their faces. Aadhya left the plate there and ran to her room at the speed of lightning. Nandini started clearing the dishes and Manik too picked up the bowls to take them to the kitchen sink when he was stopped by Nandini's voice,

Nandini- it's okay, you can go. I'll do this alone.

Manik- I don't want you to be alone in anything Nandini.

His sentence made her turn towards him with a jerk.

Nandini- No need, I have learned to handle things alone.

Both of their eyes held some unknown emotions. For someone else, these sentences would have meant nothing but only the two souls standing there could understand the hidden meaning behind these statements.

A feeling of awkwardness surrounded them. The events that had taken place in the past started running in front of their eyes like a movie.

Manik came out of his thoughts and tried to change the topic to lighten up the atmosphere.

Manik- we have a meeting tomorrow at 11am with Mr. Mehta to discuss about the purchase of raw materials and other investments for the project.

Nandini- yes, Sanya had informed me.

Manik and Nandini said together,

Manik- so we can go together.

Nandini- so I will see at the office directly.

They looked at each other. At that moment, Nandini's phone pinged with a message and that burst the balloon of awkwardness surrounding them. Nandini read the message and her eyes widened,

Nandini- What?!

Manik- what happened?

Manik asked with concern but instead of answering him Nandini straight away went to Aadhya's room followed by him.

Nandini- Aadu, do you have your ptm tomorrow?

Aadhya- yes mom, I am sorry I forget to tell you.

Manik- what time is the ptm?

Nandini- At half past 9 in the morning.

Manik- so that's ok, we can manage. First, we can go to her school together and then we can go to the office directly from there.

Nandini- Okay. Anyway, Aadhya was coming to the office with us as Navya isn't here so I couldn't have left her alone at home.

Manik- ok so, good night princess.

Aadhya- good night!

With this, both of them headed towards Nandini's room.

Nandini looked at Manik with raised eyebrows.

Manik- what? stop staring.

Nandini- what do you think you are doing in my room?

Manik- I have come here to sleep.

.......................

Hey!

So how was the chapter?

How was the old memory that Manik got reminded of?

What was your favourite moment from the chapter?

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS.

I will see you super soon with the next chapter. Stay Tuned!

Thank you,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 20.8K 54
The journey of a careless play boy and fragile doll. Love is not his cup of coffee but for her husband is everything in her life. Both of them happy...
36.6K 2.6K 21
❤ It is based on KYY "If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack...
13.9K 1K 16
"I will fight with every storm that comes in her way" Manik paused and sucked in a sharp breath. "And god forbid, if one day I become the storm in he...
93K 9.2K 57
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...