Apathy

By BabyElle_

Sometimes you don't get the privilege of making choices. It is either: walk through the fire and get out wit... More

๐€๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ž
๐‚ ๐€ ๐’ ๐“
๐€ ๐„ ๐’ ๐“ ๐‡ ๐„ ๐“ ๐ˆ ๐‚ ๐’
2| The phone call
3| Jealousy
4| Prodigies
5| Shopping trip
6| Back to school
7| The Deadly three
8| The rest of the Regios
9| Midnight talk
10| Mother-daughter
11| Bonding
12| Coming out
13| Back home
14| Santiago
15| The Day
16| Father-Daughter
17| Romi
18| Family Day
19| Ambush
20| Meetings
21| Hello, bitches
22| The dinner
23| Familiar
24| Past
25| Mon ร‰toile
26| Caught
27| The Photo
28| Hey Kiddos
29| Revelation
30| Italy
31| Mission
32| Court
33| Why me?
34| Hate at first sight
35| Old friend
36| Queens, NY
37| Reunion
38| The Truth
39| Torture session
40| Happy Birthday
41| Angelo Regio
42| Famiglia
๐€๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ž

1| Hallelujah

52.7K 1K 665
By BabyElle_

A S T R A E A

Apathy...

Apathy is a lack of feeling, emotion, interest, or concern about something. It is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation, or passion.

All I felt since I was a child was pain.

So why not just stop feeling at all?

What's the point of feeling if all you feel is sadness. I can't remember the time where I felt happiness for more than a day. It's truly miserable.

Surely, I am grateful for some people in my life, that made it a little bit better. They made me want to continue fighting. Without them, the darkness would have killed me. And for that I will be eternally thankful for them.

For a seventeen year old teenager, I had certainly went through a lot shit during my life.

I can't wait to fucking leave Los Angeles and go back home to New York. I miss my family. My triplets and I had been living in LA for the past few month after we found in valuable lead on him.

"Miss Astraea," the masculine voice of my professor bought me back to reality said. I look up to see Mr.Woods—my English professor—frustratingly gazing at me.

"I have been calling you for the past few minutes Astraea." He signs, shaking his head "You have been called to the principal office along with your brothers" he explained while narrowing his eyes at me.

I rolled my eyes, took my bag, got up from my seat, and gladly walked out of the classroom. I won't miss hearing about Pride and Prejudice.

I wonder what we did this time, i don't remember doing anything major lately.

We have been warned to stay out of trouble and not draw any unnecessary attention to us so we could keep a low profile. But that was a hard rule to follow since we crave trouble.

As I arrived to the principal's office, I noticed that my triplets—Ares and Atlas— were waiting for me. Without bothering to knock, I liked the door wide opened ad embarked the office.

"Hello Ricky, it's been a while since I have been here. Missed me too much you had to call me here to check up on me?" I greeted the principal, Richard or Ricky, how I pefer to call him.

Yeah, we are on the first-name basis. We're kinda close.

"If I remember correctly you were here two days ago for hospitalazing the school's quarterback" he said amused.

"Not my fault the pervert grabbed my ass"I rolled my eyes. I had been used to boys eye-fucking me but the minute they touch me, I lose my shit. I hate physical contact. But I surely love violence. Look all you want, boys but never touch.

"As much as I missed you three, it wasn't the reason why I called you here today. I have some unfortunate news for you," hehesitantly announced. The hint of amusement that previously laced his tone was now far gone and replaced by a look of pity.

And I fucking hate it.

"Spit it out, Ricky" I impatiently said

"Your adoptive father have overdosed in his house along with your adoptive mother but he sadly didn't make it. Luckily, your adoptive mother, on the other hand, recovered and had been arrested for drug dealing, child neglect, and drug abuse "he informed us, his eyes softening as he waited for our reactions.

Excuse me. What?!

He died and she is going to jail. The people that made our life a living hell.The people that made us feel pain at such a young age.The people that snatched away our innocence from us. The people that made us see the reality of this cruel world. The people that made us believe in real monsters. Not the usual monster that mot kids believe in. Not the ones that hides under your bed at night. The ones that will destroy your soul into a million of pieces.

"Hallelujah! Fin-fucking-ally! I thought he was immortal or something" Atlas sighed in relief

"I wish that bitch died too so they could have burned in hell together" Ares expressed angrily as he bit down his bottom lip so hard that it drew blood.

"Couldn't they have waited a few more months until we turned eighteen? God, what a bunch of useless fuckers." I hissed. Feeling glad and irritated at the same time.

"What is gonna happen to us now? We aren't legal yet so we have to go into foster care right? But we have family that could adopt us" I asked curiously. Dreading to know what's going to happen next.

To say Ricky was shocked by our reaction would be an understatement. Iam sure he expected us to cry and mourn our loss. Sorry to disappoint, but we absolutely won't waste our tears on some dirty motherfuckers like our adoptive parents.

We shouldn't have reacted like this in front of someone. That maybe draws even more suspicion. We are a fucking mistake because we let our emotions get the best of us. I hope dear old Ricky keeps his mouth shut or we would have to do something he won't appreciate.

"Your social worker who came here to inform m about the news also told me that you will be living with your biological family. Your biological parents are now your legal guardans" Ricky announced looking rather happy for us.

"What!" my triplets and I yelled in unison once we made sure that we hear it right.

That man was fucking crazy. Biological parents? Is he fucking serious?

One of the two men that were hiding in the shadows of the office, cleared his throat. I had noticed them the moment I walked into the office but I didn't think much of it. Now that I have a better glimpse at their features as they approached us, I could tell that they looked strangely familiar.

"Hello, I am your father Vincenzo Regio and this is your oldest brother Antonio Regio. We are here to take you home" The one who appeared older said. He and his son had the same grey eyes that Ares and I shared.

My triplets and I weren't identical. We surely, shared similar features but we were still distinguishable.

"Hello," his son greeted. Their voice was cold. Not a hint if emotions could be detected. However, their eyes, were filled with adoration which confused me. It was easier to hide the emotions from your voice but almost impossible to conceal them from your eyes. The eyes never lie.

"Ricky, there must be a mistake they weren't the family I was talking about, "I told him, denying the fact that our biologicals want us back after abandoning us. They had absolutely no right.

"There is no way in hell. We aren't going with those strangers" Atlas agreed with me.

Ares stayed quiet I knew that I was for the best because he seemed pissed, he could blow up at any moment right now.

I asked Ricky and his guests if they could give us a minute to talk privately. After they agreed, we were left alone in the office.

"What are we going to do?" Atlas asked worried

"I am not going to fucking live under the same room as the people who abandoned us. They are just strangers that claim to be our family just because we share the same blood. And you know damn well neither Pa, Ma or our hermanos will agree on this bullshit"Ares' jaw clenched and his fist turning white. His anger was uncontrollable. And the fact that our biologicals were a sensitive topic for him didn't help either.

"I don't want to live with the people that abandon us either but we don't have a choice here. We can't do anything until we turn eighteen which is in only a few months then we can leave. If Pa go to court it will bepointless. The trial would take months. And even than he may never win our custody since he will be fighting for it with our biologicals" I explained to them sadly

"So we are going to live with the Italian mafia," Altas asked in disbelief.

"Unfortunately, yes. Hopefully, I will be just for a few months and link at the bright side, they live in NYC so technically, we were going to return home. The only difference is that we will be staying at our biologicals' houses, not in our family's home. But we can visit, of course," I tried to be optimistic even though it wasn't exactly my thing.

After some time of thinking, they eventually agreed to know we didn't have another choice.

"And what are we going to tell them if they ask questions? I don't want to reveal our secrets to them" Ares raised an eyebrow

"We won't tell them anything until we want to or if our safety was jeopardized. But for now, if necessary, we can mention to them about our legal business" I respond sternly, meaning an understanding nod from my brothers.

We made our way outside and approached our biologicals "We will go to our house to pack. You can follow us" I said, slightly narrowing my eyes at them. I don't trust them. I always need to be cautious around them.

They nodded, ignoring the looks that they had been receiving from us. We reached the parking and walked toward my car. The moment their eyes were set in my Aston Martin, their mouth hung opened and their eyes flickered with surprise and confusion. They probably were wondering how seventeen years old teenagers can afford this luxury. I was gladthey oddity ask because I have no energy to make up a lie at the moment.

Once we pulled into the driveway of our houses got out of our cars, I noticed that they looked even more astonished. Our house wasn't really extravagant since we didn't want something too flashy but it was still modern and impressive. 

"How can you possibly afford all of this?" the sperm donor finally asked

"We robbed a bank, then killed all the witnesses so we don't get caught, "I said sarcastically trying to rile them up and get a reaction from them.

They both visibly tensed, I internally smirked. I intentionally said that to make them uncomfortable because that is literally what they do for a living, assassinate people, sell drugs and weapons. It's the mafia business after all.

No judging. I am not even slightly better.

"How we afford this is none of your fucking business" Ares growled glaring at them.

"I apologize, for my siblings' replies. They are just a bit still shocked by the news. But our parents paid for it" Atlas tried to be the peacemaker which was unusual since it was my job.

We packed a few clothes, shoes and weapons. Just the basic necessities. The rest will be either shipped or replaced. We only owned a few things of value.

"So how do you guys live here on your own? You are still minors" Antonio frowned as he questioned curiously.

"We were here just for a few months. We were actually leaving next week and to go back home" Atlas answered again vaguely. For the first time, I was glad that he was talkative because I had no intention of answering their questions.

"And where exactly is 'home'" Our so-called brother decided to asked again.

Curious fucker—

"Too many questions Antonio, didn't you ever heard that curiosity killed the cat," I teased him, I always enjoyed pushing peole's buttons. That earned me a glared from him while I just gaze at him amused.

God, I love pissing him off

• • •

We are now on their private jet flying from LA to NYC. Not surprised that they own a jet. It wasn't unusual for mafia bosses. I knew they were loaded. They are the Italian mafia after all.

They constantly tried to make small conversation with us but we ignored them so they eventually gave up. Thankfully.

What do you expect? To chit-chat together like we are old friends that were reunited and pretend you didn't abandon us with the monsters that ruined us.

"You should sleep" Antonio suggested.

We nodded making them think that we agreed. However, we will just pretend to fall asleep. We didn't trust them. And sleeping next to them without protection was certainly not safe. They could attempt to kill us in our sleep or drug us. At the end of the day, they were just people who happened to share the same blood as us. That's all. We didn't share fondness or trust.

After they thought we fell asleep, they started discussing business in Italian which we ignored since we had no interest in knowing anything about their corporation. I kept quiet until I heard them say something that catches my attention and I am sure it also piqued my triplets' interest as well.

"Do you think we should tell them aboutor illegal business?" Antonio asked his father

"No, it is dangerous now. They will freak out and leave us again. We just got them back. We will wait for them to get more comfortable around us than we will discuss this again" Vincenzo answered his son as he continued to work on his laptop. if only you knew old man, if only you knew.

My mind kept drifting back to the countless memories I had created in New York. I was excited to be back. After what felt like an eternity, I felt the plane land.

"We landed bambinos, let's go meet the rest of the family," Vincenzo announced

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457K 9K 60
"I am Camellia. Camellia Celestia Durazzo and I bow to no man". Dive into the tumultuous life of Camellia Celestia Durazzo, Every moment is a battle...
61.2K 1.4K 18
๐ŸฉทAlessia Aurora Marino๐Ÿฉท The Marino's are the second strongest/largest mafia to ever come around. Their name is world known that installs deep amoun...
808K 20.4K 65
The family's mother seemingly ran away 8 months before the triplets were born. Though their family missed her after searching for a year they gave up...
Double Trouble By FinLuGrafie

Mystery / Thriller

36.4K 742 70
Read at your own risk. Unrealistic actions! --- Blood makes relatives, loyalty makes family. A triplet in the past - twins now. A fucked up past wi...