Hit Home || A Spralbert Story

By Broadway_Crackers

I wrote a One-Shot in my One-Shot book and decided to turn it into a book. Race is a normal kid in Manhattan... More

Chapter 1 - The Cute Boy Across the Street (Prolouge)
Chapter 2 - Albert and Spot Almost Killed Race
Chapter 3 - Play Baseball with Two Cute Boys? Heck Yes.
Chapter 4 - We've All Been Stuck as Theatre Kids for Way too Long
Chapter 5 - Race is Confused Cause- Love
Chapter 6 - Technically a Run
Chapter 7 - Better At Offense Than Defense in Multiple Areas of Life
Chapter 8 - Albert Doesn't Understand Theatre Kid References
Chapter 9 - "Knock Yourself Out." "But Don't Actually."
Chapter 10 - The Plastics (Ft. Race, JoJo, and Elmer)
Chapter 11 - Italian to English Malfunctions and Teasing
Chapter 12 - Brookies and Former Brookies and Spot's Apparently a King
Chapter 13 - "Love is so Confusing."
Chapter 14 - "Have Some Decency!" "You've Seen Me Shirtless Before."
Chapter 15 - Laying in the Grass and the Sequal, Lovesick in the Grass
Chapter 16 - "You. Can't. Break. Me. That. Easily."
Chapter 17 - Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Troubles
Chapter 18 - Picking Pickles
Chapter 20 - "It's Not Like You Aren't Cute When You're Sleeping."
Chapter 21 - "Due Ragazzi Carini Mi Hanno Baciato."
Chapter 22 - Puppy Eyes and Puppy Love (Pt.2)
Chapter 23 - Peek-a-boo with a Puppy
Chapter 24 - Hatred for Haircuts and Loving for the Pups
Chapter 25 - They Love Spot, but he's Horrible at Mario Cart
Chapter 26 - "Then, You Die!"
Chapter 27 - The DaSilva Family (Aka, That's a lot of Redheads)
Chapter 28 - "Guess I'm Meeting Both of my Boyfriends' Parents Today."
Chapter 29 - Plant Time Again (And Now There's a Puppy with Them)
Chapter 30 - The Slightly Boring Chapter That is Introductions

Chapter 19 - Starlight Sleeping Beauties

285 13 30
By Broadway_Crackers

- Chapter 19 - Friends Cuddle (Ft. Race trying to assure himself that there's no feelings.) -
Warnings: Fluff! Slight mentions of bullying (the title above this was too long to fit at the top, so I switched them lol)
Third Person POV

A/N, Race is not scary. Race looks like that kid who'd be performing in something at school and was looking for his mother the whole time. (Elmer, however...)

Race steals a look at Albert and Spot, before looking back at the stars.

He exhales deeply.

It's okay.

There's nothing there.

We're just being friends.

Friends cuddle together, right?

I've definitely fell asleep with JoJo and Elmer, hugging each other tightly.

So, there's no feelings to this, right?

Race sighs quietly.

Why is this so confusing?

I mean-

No. We're just friends.

But they keep flirting.

Stop!

Race smacks his arm.

Albert looks at him, his eyebrows furrowed. "You okay?" He asks softly.

Race nods, looking back at the stars to avoid Albert's eyes.

Albert shares a look with Spot, before dropping it.

After a few minutes, Race's eyes started to get heavy.

I'll just rest my eyes for a few minutes, Race tells himself. Not very long.

I'm not even going to fall asleep.

Race closes his eyes slowly, thinking of stories in his mind so he didn't fall asleep.

About thirty minutes later

Spot was having an argument with himself in his mind when he noticed something.

He was laying on a blanket on the grass, a pillow under his head.

Albert laid with his head on Spot's chest, his arms around Race.

Race laid in the middle of Albert and Spot, turning towards Albert.

They were asleep.

Spot chuckles softly, looking back at the stars.

They're so cute.

He smiles to himself.

His hand slowly drifted over to Albert's hair.

His fiery red hair was silky and soft, and Spot loved it.

It was always this way, while Spot's was usually pretty greasy.

Spot plays with Albert's hair for a few minutes, when the younger boy's head turns slightly.

It had been facing the stars, but it turned so it was facing Spot's face, his warm breath barely hitting Spot's face.

However, it hit Spot's face enough that Spot could feel it.

Or, maybe he just noticed everything his boyfriend and the other blonde haired boy did.

Spot quietly hums the lyrics to a song that had been stuck in his head all day.

It stayed like this for a few minutes before he heard a voice.

"Toni fell asleep, huh?" Albert's eyes were still closed, but there was no mistaking the smirk on his face.

Spot chuckles softly. "Can't you feel it?" He questions. "I mean, he is laying on you." He comments.

Albert chuckles softly, opening his eyes and looking at the blonde haired boy.

A bit of blush dusted his cheeks. "He's so cute," the redhead boy whispers, looking back up at Spot.

Spot chuckles. "You're both cute." He responds, shooting Albert a smirk.

Albert rolls his eyes, though he was smiling and blushing.

Spot chuckles quietly, looking back down at Race.

Race's mouth was parted open, but only slightly. His hat had fallen off of his head, and his cheeks were dusted with blush. His hair fell over his eyes and soft breathes escaped his lips, barely moving his chest.

Spot found his eyes drifting to the bruises on Race's neck.

He hated that he couldn't have been there earlier to help him.

Albert notices Spot's gaze tense, following it to Race's neck.

Albert frowns, entwining his hand with his boyfriend's. "You know it's not your fault." He whispers. "We helped as best as we could."

Spot stares at the bruises for another minute, silent, before he exhales deeply.

He nods. "I know," Spot whispers.

Albert squeezes his hand softly. "And he's okay now." He continues.

Spot nods.

Albert grabs Spot's hat from behind them, pulling his hand away from Spot's, and using both of his hands to gently put the hat on Race's head, making sure it was secure and would stay.

Spot chuckles softly.

Race's curls were more so brushed into his face/over his eyes now, the hat keeping them in that place.

Albert laughs quietly when he looks at Race. "He's adorable like this." He whispers.

"He's adorable anytime," Spot responds softly, entwining their hands again.

Albert nods, smiling when he looks at his and Spot's hands.

Spot looks back at his fence before looking at his boyfriend. "As much as I hate to ruin the moment, we have to take Race home." He whispers.

Albert nods, carefully getting up first.

He gently lifts Race up, holding him in his arms so he was laying with his head against Albert's chest, Albert with a an arm behind his back and the other arm under his two legs.

Spot gets up next, grabbing Race's and Albert's hats from on the ground and wiping them off.

Albert carries Race to his house, Spot talking quietly with him while they walked.

Hannah greeted them at the door, smiling softly at her sleeping foster son. "You can just put him in his room." She tells them.

Albert and Spot nod, walking upstairs.

When they got to Race's room, Albert placed him on his bed.

They took off his shoes and flannel, laying him under the covers of his bed.

Albert left Spot's hat on Race's head and Spot left the other two hats on Race's desk.

The two boys say goodnight to Hannah before starting their walk back to Spot's house.

"I'm kinda hoping he wears one of our hats to school tomorrow." Albert tells Spot, his hands behind his back as he looks at the sky.

He was careful not to hurt himself while walking.

Spot chuckles softly. "I do too." He responds. "It'd be cute."

Albert nods.

Spot noticed a car in the driveway of his house, but ignored it.

The two boys walk into Spot's room when they get inside the house.

They take off most of their clothes, Spot only leaving his pants and socks on, and Albert leaving his sleeveless undershirt and pants on.

They laid down in Spot's bed, Spot's arms around Albert and Albert resting his head against Spot's chest.

Spot smiles, slipping his hand into Albert's silky, red hair again. "I love you, Red." He whispers.

Albert rolls his eyes. "Stupid nicknames," he mutters. "Love you too, Spot."

Spot chuckles softly.

A few hours later

Spot's mom stops in Spot's doorway when she was walking back to her room.

She looks in, the hallway light illuminating the bed and the two figures on it.

She chuckles softly when she sees Albert and Spot, clinging to each other while they slept.

She noticed the small smile on her son's face.

She smiles. "I love you, Sean." She whispers. "I hope I can meet your boyfriend and friends soon."

She looks at Albert and Spot one last time, mainly looking at Albert this time, before she turns the hallway light off.

He looks like a lovely boy.

She walks back to her room.

1208 Words
This chapter idea is from the lovely Addie_your_Queen so thank you, because for a bit there, I was out of ideas lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2K 51
• 𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚜, 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚊 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 :) •ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇs: •𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 •𝚍𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚢 𝚓𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚋𝚜 •𝚔𝚒𝚍 𝚋�...
3.2K 85 30
Antonio comes to another foster home. He had been moved around alot since no one wanted to, so they say a troubled child with many problems. His last...
29.7K 838 50
What could possibly make Spot so shaken up he'll hand over Brooklyn? What could make Jack so shaken he'd give up Manhattan? Only one thing: Race and...
873 14 5
"Race had been to Brooklyn before. More times than he could count on his fingers. He'd sold at the Sheepshead Races, gambled at the Sheepshead. But w...