THE ENCAGEMENT

By ElatedRose

She's broke , she's starving and she hates men. He's rich , he's charming and he hates love. Unexpectedly a m... More

Chapter 1- The Beautiful Lie
chapter 2- The Harmful Proposition
Chapter 3- The Awful Contract
Chapter 4- The Unforgettable Face
Chapter 5- The Kidnapping Mayhem
Chapter 6-The Unexpected Confrontation
Chapter 7- The Dreaded Discussion
Chapter 8-The Glistening Sapphire
Chapter 9- The Surprise Surprise
Chapter 10-The Economical Dress
Chapter 11 - The Heavenly Wedding
Chapter 12- The I Do Dillema
Chapter 13 - The Mindless Heart
Chapter 14 - The Existential Crisis
Chapter 15 - The Serendipitous Dance
Chapter 16 - The Late Excuse

Chapter 17- The Conundrum of Misunderstandings

33 2 0
By ElatedRose

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING? " He whisper yelled at me.

Shit......

I had no idea what to say....

"I ......"

"I............."

I suddenly felt too overwhelmed to speak, my ankle was killing me and my mind blanked out.

"In my office, now!" he ordered, walking to his office with loud steps.

I limped towards his office and it took me a considerable amount of minutes to get to it, noone in his majestic office offered to help.

I took a deep breath in before I opened the door and with a sheepish smile plastered on my face, I decided to face him head on.

He was leaning back on his desk, his fingers pinching his nose in frustration whilst his dark immaculate eyebrows furrowed.

"Mrs. Carter.." he said in a low growl.

Not only was I hungover, I also cut off his expensive clothes and managed to look homeless at the same time.

"I actually don't have any cl.."

He cut me off and bridged the distance between us, he placed his index finger on my lips, his eyes captured mine and dared me to look away.

"Not another word" he warned.

I didn't know if I was scared or if it was just the presence of him, that brought my heart to beat at such dangerous rhytms.

But then again my heart beat picked up a notch everytime he was close ...

"Is this your attempt to embarrass me at my own company?"

"What?"

"Don't play innocent, I know you don't love this arragement, I did give you a chance to leave all this behind but you refused, so I thought maybe she's not that bad after all, but you had to go and prove me wrong, yet again"

What is he talking about?
Embarrass him?
He thought I wasn't bad after all? So, he thought I was bad before?

My mind was muddled with all these thoughts, I was desperately trying to make sense of what he was saying.

"No reply? See I was right, you need to remember that your my wife now and you must carry yourself as such"

Before he could add in a few more jibes about me or my behaviour, his phone rang and he yanked it out of his pocket but just before he hit the decline button, I saw something twinkle in his eyes.

Was someone special calling him?
Is it that tall secretary girl?

He stormed off making sure to slam the door, on his way out.

What just happened?
Is he still hungover?

I didn't know what to feel, I felt a mixture of anger, guilt and frustration.

Though on the plus side, I was relieved to know that he forgot about me being an entire hour late.

I knew we had a misunderstanding and I had to clear it up.

I was just left there standing awkwardly looking at his office.

Without much further thought, I decided to limp all the way to his majestic leather chair right behind the spotless glass desk.

As I set out on my journey, a hand appeared out of nowhere and blocked my way.

His tall secretary was glaring at me, she wasn't pleased at all and her plump lips turned into an ugly frown.

I don't think she knows who I am?..
I'm about to end her whole career!

"Wh.."

Before I could tell her anything she pointed towards the door and asked me to wait outside till Mr.Carter returns, in a curt tone.

She continued glaring at me till I was out and then she came up behind me, shooting me a final look of warning, she left.

Once again, I was back at the reception.

*****
I took a seat back at the reception hoping he'd be back soon.

He was still nowhere in sight and I was starting to doubt if this was all just his way of annoying me.

I was feeling impatient so I got up to take a quick stroll around, my ankle wasn't hurting as much as before.

I sneaked past the receptionist and down the hallway where that tall secretary of his went into, I heard a loud noise from one of the rooms, I tiptoed towards the crack in the door.

I saw a mid - fifties aged man shouting in denial, he kept repeating 'this can't be happening', he slammed his fists on the table and threatened whoever, was on the other side of the room.

"You can't do this to me, I'll make you regret this!"

"I hope you remember that you're threatening me in my own office?" A smooth voice echoed from the back of the room and unmistakably it belonged to Mr.Carter.

I heard footsteps approaching the door and I quickly tried to limp away as fast as I could but I fell again.

Limping in heels turned out to be a not so good idea...

I tried to get up quickly but I just fell right back down, my leg wasn't able to support my weight and I was regretting my decisions badly.

Again, footsteps echoed behind me and I did not dare turn back.

Who knows? Mr.Carter might just be shooting death glares at me!

I showed up late in these pathetic clothes and I ruined his fight with the old dude..

Strong arms hoisted me up from the floor, suddenly the smell of dark chocolate wafted into my surroundings,  I looked up at this saviour and it was the devil himself, I was pretty sure he was taking me to be thrown into a cauldron filled with boiling water.

I was back at his office and he placed me on his desk, he was standing in between my legs and he was breathing down at the nape of my neck.

I suddenly felt hot all over, I could hear his heart beating loudly.

I mean ..he did carry me all the way here so he is probably tired..

But why is he standing this close to me?

I tried moving but he placed his hands on my thighs and locked them in place firmly.

Finally, he looked at me, I couldn't read him this time, I didn't know if he was angry.

He placed a finger on my lips before I could talk.

"Did you find out about it? Is that why you're doing this?"

What is he talking about this time?
If he could just step back a bit I would be able to think clearly

With him so close to me, I couldn't make sense of anything or let alone even come up with a coherent thought.

He brushed back a stroke of my hair and whispered in a dangerously low tone.

"How much do you know?"

I just stared at him with absolutely no clue as to what he is talking about.

"Speak up, I don't have all day to do this!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" I asserted, swatting away his finger from my lips.

"Can you move back? This position is quite uncomfortable" I said, trying to push him away from me.

"I'll move but are you positive, you aren't lying?"

"Of course, I don't even know what you think I'm lying about"

"Ok Ms.Sapphire, I'll let you off the hook this time but if I find out that you've been lying then you better be prepared"

Prepared for what? My murder?
I was already prepared anyway
What a jerk!

He moved away from me, I sighed finally being able to relax.

His demeanour shifted and he had a professional look on his face, one with even more emotions buried inside.

"For your first task of the day as my secretary, go grab me lunch, ask Selena if you don't know what to get, also before I forget, submit all the required documents at the reception and you will be training under Selena for a week, so that you understand your duties and responsibilities as this company's secretary"

"One more thing, don't go around telling people you're my wife, it'll make it more difficult for you to fit in, since people will assume that you slept your way to the top"

"What?" Is all I could muster up after all the new information he threw at me.

Huh? Didn't everyone know that their CEO got married?

"Your employees don't know that you got married?"

"They do, they just don't know that it's to you" he shrugged.

"With your present attire, I doubt you will be able to convince anyone" he chuckled.

I looked at him with annoyance, now I had only one more question left.

"Who is Selena?"

Also what was he trying to hide so badly?...

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Vote and Comment!

I love ya'll!

See you next week:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 11 105
Stella Parker, an ambitious businesswoman at the peak of her career at the age of 25 was determined to make a name for herself while refusing to acce...
2.7K 94 14
WRONG BRIDE - CORRECT BRIDE Regardless of being a self- made Billionaire, the untamed billionaire Antonio is the heir apparent to his Father's stinky...
10K 460 13
"I DON'T FUCKING LOVE YOU! GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD, BELLA!" He yelled while he pointed his finger to my head. "DON'T LIE TO YOUR FUCKING SELF, CALVIN!"...
684 119 12
"Three months dating contract," I laugh. "You want me to sign this contract on what basis?" I change my tone a little. I forget I was respectful with...