Stay Strong | Klaus Mikaelson

By TVlover_stories

Katherine is in Mystic Falls and the gang want to kill her. They don't think they have enough manpower to def... More

INTRO
CAST
Prologue
ACT 1
Chapter 1: Masquerade
Chapter 2: Rose
Chapter 3: Katerina
Chapter 4: The Sacrifice
Chapter 5: By the Light of the Moon
Chapter 6: The Descent
Chapter 7: Daddy Issues
Chapter 8: Crying Wolf
A/N
Chapter 10: The House Guest
Chapter 11: Know Thy Enemy
Chapter 12: The Last Dance
Chapter 13: Klaus
Chapter 14: The Last Day
Chapter 15: The Sun Also Rises
Chapter 16: As I Lay Dying
ACT 2
Chapter 1: Road Trip Bonding
Chapter 2: Motel Room
Chapter 3: Late Night Talk
Chapter 4: The Birthday
Chapter 5: The Hybrid
Chapter 6: The End of the Affair
Chapter 7: Disturbing Behaviour
Chapter 8: The Reckoning
Chapter 9: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Chapter 10: Ghost World
A/N
A/N
Chapter 11: Ordinary People
Chapter 12: Homecoming Part 1
Chapter 13: Homecoming Part 2
Chapter 14: The Truth
Chapter 15: Back To Life
Chapter 16: The Funeral
Epilogue

Chapter 9: The Dinner Party

3.9K 126 15
By TVlover_stories

Ryan's POV

I groaned, waking up. I forced myself to sit up in my bed. My wounds had healed but my body still felt sore. I hung my legs off of the side of the bed, whilst rubbing my eyes with the back of one arm. I stood up, shivering slightly at the cold floor. I sat on my deaak chair, getting out my sketchbook. There was only one more page left. I was going to have to get a new one.

I flipped through the pages. I had finished the sketchbook quicker than usual. It was probably because of how many new people I met and how close it was to the anniversary.

I had forgiven Elena, but that didn't mean trust. She had to earn my trust back. At least she apologised. Otherwise that would've been really awkward since I keep hanging out with people and we end up doing things in order to save her life.

On the last page, I decided to sketch Elena. It seemed necessary since I had seen most of the people I sketched in the book, because of her.

Once I finished, I sighed, putting the now full sketchbook with the other ones. I started to search through my drawers, seeing if I could fund an empty sketchbook. Instead, I found a notebook. Inside, was filled with song lyrics and ideas, all of which belonged to someone else, that I loved.

I closed the drawer, picking up the notebook. I put the book on my desk and started to slowly flip through the pages, bringing only happy memories.

...

Stefan's POV

I skimmed a rock in the lake next to the lakehouse. Then, I skimmed another one. I was enjoying the peacefulness. It was realzing and calm compared to the tense and life-threatening atmosphere in Mystic Falls. My phone rang. I checked the caller I.D before answering

"What's going on?" I questioned him over the phone.

"I showered...I shaved...had breakfast. I'm very relaxed," Damon told me through the phone.

"Makes one of us," I commented, looking at Elena, who was reading one of Johnathan Gilbert's journals.

"I did hear one piece of good news, though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night," Damon informed me. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"How do you know?" I asked my oldest brother.

"Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood. Thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." Damon informed me.

"Killing Elijah," I finished his sentence.

"Exactly," Damon confirmed.

"It's not gonna be easy. He's crafty," I stated, worried that Damon would try to kill Elijah, it would backfire, Elijah kills him and his deal with Elena is broken, meaning we all die horrible deaths.

"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger," Damon pointed out.

"He's an Original. We don't know what that encompasses," I reminded him.

"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my T's. I don't want any surprises," He informed me.

"Wow, Damon. You're actually gonna be careful for once," I remarked, sarcastically.

"Yes, Stefan. I've become you. How tragic for both of us," Damon joked. Then, I remembered about what Damon told me happened to him, Alaric and Ryan last night.

"How's Ryan?" I asked him, concerned about my other brother.

"The same as usual. Sarcastic, annoying, a little mopey. However, he is a little less mopey than he has been for a few days," Damon informed me. I nodded.

"Are you sure he's okay?" I questioned Damon.

"Yes, Stefan. He's fine. Gotta run. Have a murder to plan. Busy day," Damon told me before hanging up. I brought my phone down and looked at the screen. I then looked at Elena again. She was still reading a journal with a look on her face. I couldn't quite tell what it was.

...

Elijah's POV

Jenna was giving me a historical tour around Mystic Falls. It was interesting, plus it would be even more intriguing to see what everyone's reaction for me going on a tour with Elena's aunt would be.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence," Jenna informed me.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families," I commented, a little sarcastically.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna questioned me, clearly picking up on my tone.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. There was a migration of townsfolk from the Northeast. Um, it was Salem, to be precise," I told her, however it wasn't from research. It was from personal experience.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna inquired, a bit amused and imtruiged. I wouldn't blame her. She had no knowledge of the supernatural, which meant she didn't know that witches existed. Just not the ones people talk about in stories. I nodded my head in confirmation.

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything," I told her.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial," Jenna commented. I couldn't tell if that was a joke or a fact, so I kept my normal emotionless look on my face. I looked in a direction where someone was coming. I knew instantly who it was.

"Yes, there are," I stated, looking at the history teacher/vampire hunter that had come to see us. Walking beside Alaric was Ryan Salvatore.

"Uh, Elijah this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman, and you've already met Ryan," she introduced us, not knowing we've met before on much different circumstances.

"I got your, uh, message about walking Elijah through the property lines. I thought I would, uh, tag along. You know, being a history buff and all," He told us. However, he was clearly only here to make sure I didn't hurt Jenna.

"And, I'm here because I was with him at the time he received your message. Therefore, he dragged me along with him," Ryan told us. Alaric rolled his eyes whilst Ryan smirked.

"Where to next?" Alaric questioned.

"Hopefully home," Ryan muttered under his breathe. No human would've been able to hear him, but I did. I covered up my small chuckle with a cough and no one noticed.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history," I told them. I knew all about them, but Jenna had left that information in the car.

"I only brought the surveys. I've got that list in my car. Just give me a sec..." Jenna began and left to get the information. When she was out of hearing range I began to speak.

"Alaric Saltzman. You're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect," I stated, for now ignoring Ryan.

"Yeah, so is Jenna," Alaric reminded me.

"What about me?" Ryan butted in. Alaric glared at him, whilst I just decided to answer him, otherwise he would've kept asking.

"You are on Elena's list," I told Ryan, before turning to Alaric, "You don't have to be jealous. I rarely pursue younger women."

There was a moment of silence.

"It's a joke, Ric. Lighten up," I told him.

"You're funny," Alaric said, clearly not meaning it.

...

Ryan's POV

We were sitting at a table in the Grill. Alaric sat next to me, on my left, whilst Damon sat opposite me. Next to Damon, was the news reporter he was "dating". I was sipping my beer.

"Other than your lecture on Mystic Fall, get anything out of Elijah?" Damon questioned us.

"No--" Alric started.

"It was the most boring thing I have ever experienced in my entire life! You owe me, Damon. Big time. We didn't even get anything out of Elijah! It was meaningless!" I interrupted, before turning my attention back to my drink.

"Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming," Alaric finished.

"You wound jealous. He sounds jealous?" Damon started to tease.

"Kind of do," Andie commented.

"Definitely jealous," I agreed. We all nodded our head (except Alaric) in agreement with Damon.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," Alric stated, nodding his head slightly towards the girl at Damon's side. Damon raised his eyebrows.

"Andie? She's been compelled not to divulge my secrets, haven't you?" Damon questioned. Whilst saying this, he had leaned further towards Andie and hand placed an arm around the back of the seating.

"Mm-hm," Andie hummed in agreement. They then shared a kiss. I rolled my eyes.

"My lips are sealed," Andie claimed.

"Mm," Damon hummed.

"This is too wierd," Alarix stated. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Get a room," I told them. Damon turned to look at me.

"You're just jealous that you're single and I'm not," Damon stated, smirking a little. I refused to let him win.

"No, it's just the heterosexuality in this town is starting to drown me," I told him. I couldn't even find a guy willing to have a one night stand. Everyone was straight and it was annoying me. Damon rolled his eyes, but decided to get back to the situation at hand.

"I just need the right opportunity," Damon stated, but then he saw something. I turned around to see where my brother was looking. Jenna had entered the grill with Elijah.

"Ah. There's Jenna with her new boyfriend," Damon teased Ric. Damon waved to them.

"Hi," I greeted, catching their attention.

"Hey guys," Jenna greeted back, coming towards our table.

"I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon stated, looking between Elijah and Jenna.

"Yeah. I guess you could say that," Jenna agreed.

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I, uh, I've got papers to grade," Ric claimed. I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. I guessed teaching Jeremy how to hide if your lying or not came back and bit me in the ass. Alaric put some money on the table and stood up, beginning to leave.

"You know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party," Andie stated. I knew this was Damon's doing.

"Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host," Damon complimented Andie. Elijah glared at Damon, at the same time I did.

"I live in the same house you do," I told him. Damon rolled his eyes, choosing to ignore me.

"Say tonight, maybe?" Damon questioned. This was definitely a set up.

"It's good for me, Jenna?" Andie asked.

"No, I don't know if tonight works--" Alric started to deny.

"Yeah, I'm free," Jenna interrupted. Elijah shrugged.

"It would be a pleasure," Elijah agreed. Everyone looked at me as I finished my beer, sighed and put the empty bottle on the table.

"What? You think I have a choice? Not only do I live in the same house it's being hosted at, but even if I didn't, I'd still be dragged there against my will by him," I commented, pointing at Damon. Alaric, Andie and Jenna chuckled, Damon glared and Elijah pulled an unused face.

"Great," Dqmon commented, smiling at Elijah.

...

I watched Damon from the corner of the tomb. I was going to wait for him to leave, and then I would talk to Katherine. I was close enough to hear what he was saying without vampire hearing.

Damon's POV

When I came into the tomb, I was surprised to see that Katherine wasn't basically desiccated. No one had been down there in a while, that I knew of. She looked as though she had drank blood yesterday or the day before. She looked strong, but still a bit weak. I tossed her a bottle, filled with blood. She drank from it, a little slow.

"I come bearing gifts. I didn't have time to properly shop, but I did get a couple things," I told her, pulling some clothes out of a bag. I was actually inside the tomb, where the vampires were originally. I used the hangers on the clothes to hand them to the doorframe.

"What is it you want, Damon?" Katherine questioned me. She was sitting on the floor. I stood infront of her, looking down.

"Guess who's back in town," I stated, Katherine tilted her head to the side a bit, "Your old friend John Gilbert."

"Really?" Katherine asked, raising her eyebrows a bit.

"Mm-hm," I hummed in agreement.

"Why?" Katherine questioned.

"Said he loves his daughter. Wants to protect her from Elijah and Klaus," I told her simply. She started to stand up. She did it in normal speed.

"Touching," Katherine commented.

"Yeah, right? Told me this little old wives' tale about how to kill an Original," I stated, looking at Katherine who was no on her feet, twirling a few strands if her hair.

"And you wanna know if it's true," Katherine realised. It was true. She was the most likely to know about this sort of thing.

"If it was, I wouldn't tell you," Katherine stated before walking over to the clothes I got from her. I was confused. I didn't see why she wouldn't tell me.

"Now, why not? I mean, you want Elijah and Klaus dead as much as I do," I reminded her.

"Klaus, yes. Elijah, no. He's compelled me to stay in here. If he dies, I'm stuck forever," Katherine pointed out.

"Sucks for you," I stated.

"Forget it, Damon. Killing Elijah would be a suicide mission. You can't do it."

"Can so."

"Can't."

"Even with the dagger and a little white oak ash?"

Katherine stopped what she was doing. She froze. This gave me my answer. She turned to look at me as I smirked and crossed my arms.

"No, Damon. If you kill Elijah, then I'm stuck in here forever."

"You're really scared."

"Get me out of here first, and then I'll help you. I'll help you kill Elijah or protect Elena, whatever you want."

I smirked, finally having the upper hand against Katherine Pierce.

"I get you out and your ass is sipping Klaus-free margaritas on some unknown island somewhere. No way."

"That's not true. I'll stay. Damon, please, just don't do it."

"Well, thank you. You've told me everything I need to know." I headed towards the exit of the tomb.

"I've told you nothing."

"You have. You have indeed confirmed that it is possible to kill an Original. Which I will do tonight. Guess who's coming to dinner."

...

Ryan's POV

Once Damon had left, I approached Katherine.

"You know, that's not true," I stated, she looked at me, smirking victoriously, "If Elijah dies, you'll be free of compulsion."

"I know," she told me. I smiled.

"You're gonna get out of here. I promised you that you would. I'm going to make sure Elijah dies tonight," I promised her. She smiled as I walked further into the tomb and we embraced eachother in a tight hug.

...

It was the dinner party and I was helping Andie and Jenna set up the table. Mainly because I was bored and didn't have anything to do.

"So, what's going on with you and Alaric? I feel like there's some tension," Andie asked Jenna.

"And for once, not the sexual kind," I butted in. It was normal, they knew I was gay. Therefore, I pretty quickly became the gay best friend.

"I don't know. I really like him," Jenna started.

"Mm-hm," Andie hummed.

"It's more than like. And I want it to work but I can't help but feel he's hiding something. And then I've got John whispering things in my ear about him," Jenna told us. I smiled sympatheticly at her.

"Like what?" Andie asked.

"Things I don't wanna believe. Things I don't believe, not if they're coming from John's mouth," Jenna stated. I chuckled slightly.

"Oh, well, there you go, then. Trust is the key to any relationship. I mean, I am so grateful that Damon tells me everything, heh," Andie commented.

"If it makes you feel any better, I overheard John talking to Alaric. Ric has a ring that Isobel gave him. Apparently it was John's and he wanted it back. Maybe he's just telling you those things so you would doubt Ric and therefore making Alaric give him the ring back to make him stop," I informed her. It was true.

"Thanks, Ryan," Jenna thanked and I smiled.

"Speaking of you, any boy you've got your eye on? You can't be the only single one in the group," Andie stated. I laughed and shook my head.

"No, definitely not. Everyone that lives here is straight. Besides, even if there was a gay guy, I wouldn't date him," I stated. Andie and Jenna frowned.

"Why not?" Jenna asked. I took a deap breath and gulped, my throat having just become dry.

"Umm, a couple years back, I fell in love with the most amazing guy. He was sweet, charming, handsome and amazing in bed. We were talking about maybe getting married and having kids," I told them, smiling a little at his memory.

"What happened? You don't have to tell us," Jenna questioned. I sighed and closed my eyes, bracing myself. I opened my eyes again.

"He was killed. They never caught the murderer," I told them truthfully. Tears started to form, but I quickly wiped them away and put on a smile.

"I'm so sorry," Jenna stated, smiling sympatheticly. I smiled back.

"It's fine. There's nothing you could've done about it, anyway. But can you not tell anyone about this, nit even my brothers?" I questioned them. They looked puzzled.

"Why not?" Andie asked.

"Because we were dating in secret. Our father was very... strict. He had strong beliefs and one was about marriage and love. We dated when I had told no one I was gay, not even my brothers. They don't need to know about him," I told them. They agreed not to tell.

...

Damon's POV

"This is a bad idea," Alaric told me.

"There's no such thing as a bad idea. Just poorly executed awesome ones," I claimed. I handed him a glass of bourbon and then poured one for myself.

"No, I don't like the idea of Elijah being in the same house as Jenna," Alaric admitted.

"Jenna's perfectly safe. Besides, it's just a fact-finding mission. It's totally harmless," I lied. I was going to attempt to kill Elijah.

"Just a fact-finding mission?" Alaric asked for confirmation, clearly not believing me.

"Yeah."

"Listen. No sneak attacks, no suprise plans. Nothing that's gonna put Jenna in harm's way. Okay?"

"Scout's honor." I smiled and put my hand on his shoulder. Andie came into the room.

"Hey, Jenna needs help with the wine," Andie told us. Alaric left to go help her. As soon as he left, I took the dagger out of it's hiding place.

"What's that?" Andie asked, having come to stand beside me.

"Dessert," I claimed. I opened the vile of ash and dipped the dagger in them.

"Elijah's stronger than me. He's faster than me. It's all about the element of suprise," I told her.

"Well, that's too bad. I like him. He's very old-school classy," Andie stated. I put the box away.

"Which is why you should encourage the gentleman to take their drinks in here while you do coffee in the kitchen with the girls and most likely Ryan," I told her.

"That is a little too sexist for me," Andie claimed. I turned around to face her.

"Stop talking," I told her and the doorbell rang.

Ryan's POV

I walked towards the front door after Jenna. Standing there, was John Gilbert.

"Who invited him?" Jenna questioned, not even bothering to greet the man. Not that I blamed her. He was a dick. My brother came.

"John. What a suprise. Leave," Damon told him. John came inside the house.

"Jenna told me she was coming to a party for Elijah," John started.

"And that explains why you're here why?" I asked him. Jenna began to walk away. Normally, I eould've followed. But I had a few insults in my mind I wanted to say. Of course, I was going to have to try and weave them into the conversation.

"I decided I couldn't miss out on the fun and games," John continued, ignoring me.

"There are not gonna be any games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party," Alaric told him, just coming to the door.

"An extremely boring one too, probably," I commented, thinking off all the possible history talk made shivers runa up my spine.

"Right," John stated, not believing Ric. I then left and went into the dining room.

...

Elijah's POV

I arrived and Damon Salvatore opened the door.

"Good evening," I greeted, standing outside.

"Thank you for coming. Please, come in," Damon welcomed me, gesturing forward.

"Just one moment," I stated, still standing outside, "Can I just dayt that if you have less-than-honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider."

"No, nothing dishonorable. Just, uh, getting to know you," Damon claimed.

"Hmm. That's good," I stated, accepting his answer. He stepped to the side a bit as I entered.

"Yeah," Damon agreed. I stood beside the door and stopped walking.

"Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal...if you so much as make a move to cross me I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house. Are we clear?" I threatened. Although, O doubted I'd kill Ryan. I had this feeling in my stomach, that he was going to be more important in the future.

"Crystal," Damon agreed. Jenna came into view and my mood immediately changed, not wanting to become suspicious.

"Jenna. Wonderful to see you again. How are you?" I greeted, walking forward.

"Nice to see you too," Jenna replied.

"You look incredible," I complimented.

"Thank you," she thanked as Damon shut the front door.

...

Ryan's POV

We were all sitting at the table, drinking alcohol and eating food.

"I hate to break it to you Damon and Ryan, but according to Elijah, you're family is so not a foubder of this town," Jenna told us. I shrugged, drinking a glass of bourbon.

"It's alright. Not insulting anyone or anything, but I couldn't care less about being descending from a founder," I told them. A few people chuckled whilst some just smiled.

"Hmm, do tell," Damon told Jenna and Elijah, ignoring me as per usual.

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier... a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s. Over the next hundred years, they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution," Elijah told us.

"Hmm, because they were witches," Jenna joked.

"Ooo witches," I joined in. Jenna chuckled a little bit.

"There's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem," Andie stated.

"Andie's a journalist. Big on facts," Damon told Elijah.

"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. Broke out in the neighbouring settlement. So these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned. Some say you could hear the screams for miles and miles as they were consumed by the fire. Can you pass the uh--" Elijah began to ask.

"I, uh, wouldn't repeat this to the historical society," Jenna stated. Andie chuckled as well as Jenna.

"How is this normal to be discussing how people were burned at stakes, being accused of witchcraft, while eating. I mean, you guys are messed up. But John seems the most messes up pit of all of you," I stated.

"Why's that, Ryan?" John asked me. I smirked in his direction.

"I don't know. You look wierd and have this sort of...wierdo, creepy vibe coming from you," I told him, making Damon snicker so I turned to my brother, "But Damon is close second."

Damon immediately glared at me and everyone else irrupted into laughter except from John, who glared, Damon, who glared, and Elijah, who chuckled a little.

...

"I think I'm going to leave now," I announced.

"Where and why?" Damon questioned me. We were all still seated at a table.

"An old friend of mine called. He needs me to pick him up. His car broke down," I lied to them.

"Okay, have fun," Damon commented. I rolled my eyes. Then, I left to the tomb.

...

I was waiting with Katherine by the edge of the tomb. We were waiting for Damon to kill Elijah.

"You know, you didn't have to come," Katherine told me. I shrugged.

"I didn't want you to be alone. Plus, you're my closest friend and I needed to see you," I told her.

"You know, you're pretty much my only friend," Katherine told me. I smiled.

"Then, I'm glad. Because I have an amazing best friend," I told her. We both shared a smile.

...

"So, what was the plan?" Katherine asked me.

"Damon was going to use the dagger and kill Elijah. That's all I know," I admitted. Katherine looked worried.

"Ryan. That dagger can only be used by humans," Katherine told me. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What does that mean?" I asked her.

"If Damon uses it, he'll die," she admitted. I quickly got up and sped to the house.

I got there in time to see Stefan and Damon carrying Elijah's body into the basement. They put him down.

"What the hell?!" I shouted. They both looked over to me.

"Oh, hey, Ryan. How's your friend?" Damon asked me.

"What happened?!" I asked them.

"Well, Alaric stabbed Elijah with the dagger, but took it out. The dagger needs to stay in place or else he comes back to life. Elijah went to the lakehouse. Elena ended up stabbing him and leaving the dagger in," Damon explained.

"You idiot!? I rushed here when they told me?!" I exclaimed.

"Told you what?" Stefan questioned.

"The friend I mentioned. They are supernatural. I asked them to do some research on the dagger. They told me if a vampire uses it, they'd die. I thought you were dead!" I shouted at them.

"Calm down," Damon told me.

"Calm down?! Damon, you could've died! You know what, I'm going to my room. Don't bother me!" I told them before speeding to my room, locking the door and went over to my bed.

I sighed, put on some pyjamas and went to sleep.

Word count: 4423

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 599 15
"Hate is a powerful word..." Alexander Salvatore; youngest brother to Stefan and Damon Salvatore. He isn't talked about much and when he is, it's in...
15.1K 450 9
Klaus meets Damon when he's a child effectively changing their fates. How does this affect Mystic Falls? Why does Klaus seem oddly protective of Damo...
30.8K 1K 12
Stefan Salvatore died right? He found peace that's it. Nope. What if that wasn't what happened? Stefan Salvatore is the man who sacrificed himself a...
62K 2K 16
Klamonā¤ They weren't friends. Some may of even called them enemies at one time. Though no matter what they did to each other or who they hurt, there...