Chapter 10: The House Guest

Ryan's POV

I knew Katherine was staying at our house. I knew she was going to stir trouble. I didn't really mind though.

I didn't leave my room. However, it wasn't because Katherine was there. It was the anniversary of their deaths.

I was sitting on my bed, hugging my knees into my chest. Tears were running down my cheeks. I could hear the chaos going on. Katherine had clearly pretended to be Elena, confusing Damon and Stefan.

After a while, I decided to stop them, since it was distracting me. I had one day a year where I would grieve. It made the weight in my heart decrease slightly every year. If I didn't grieve, the weight would stay the same, making it harder and longer to move on.

I didn't bother getting changed, so I was still in my pyjamas. I was wearing a grey tank top, that had a picture of a rainbow cupcake on it with the words "bite me" below it. I also wore grey and white chequered pyjama bottoms.

 I also wore grey and white chequered pyjama bottoms

"You need me, Elena

"You need me, Elena. You all do," I heard Katherine claim. I moved extremely slowly, tired and grieving.

"Like hell," I heard Stefan comment.

"We all want the same thing. Klaus dead. Yet here you all are running around like chickens with their heads cut off," I heard Katherine comment.

"I don't need you help and I don't want it," I heard Elena say.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?" I heard Katherine ask them.

"If you know something, say it or get out," I heard Damon tell her

"Fine. Then I'll just go to the grill and have some lunch, maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite," I heard Katherine say before I entered.

"No you won't," I told her. They all turned to look at me, their eyes widening, except from Katherine who looked like she just remembered something.

Damon's POV

Ryan came into the room. He looked like hell. He was still wearing his pyjamas. His hair was scruffy, looking like he just woke up but he clearly hadn't. He had dark bags under his eyes and his cheeks were red. It looked as though he had been bawling his eyes out. He looked drained. Physically and mentally.