JUST BEST FRIENDS

Samfreddy tarafından

Have you ever been madly in love with your childhood best friend, but they never loved you the same way? I me... Daha Fazla

CHAPTER 1: THE CHALLENGE.
CHAPTER 2: THE TURN DOWN.
CHAPTER 3: HOPE.
CHAPTER 4: SWEET CANDY.
CHAPTER 5: TRUTH OR DARE.
CHAPTER 6: THE PROMISE.
CHAPTER 7: LISTEN TO THE RADIO.
CHAPTER 8: HEARTBREAK ON A FULL MOON.
CHAPTER 9: THE REQUEST.
CHAPTER 10: ALL THE BEST.
CHAPTER 11: THE WARNING.
CHAPTER 12: THE DISCUSSION.
CHAPTER 13: A BIG MISTAKE.
CHAPTER 14: A SAD LOSS.
CHAPTER 15: A BLOODY NIGHTMARE.
CHAPTER 16: EMOTIONS.
CHAPTER 17: HAKUNA MATATA.
CHAPTER 18: FINAL WARNING.
CHAPTER 19: SUGAR AND SPICE.
CHAPTER 20: SHOTS GONE WRONG.
CHAPTER 21: LOVE IS BLIND.
CHAPTER 22: CHAOS.
CHAPTER 23: REVELATIONS.
CHAPTER 24: WELCOME TO LAGOS, BABY.
CHAPTER 25: LOVE OR LUST?
CHAPTER 26: PROOF.
CHAPTER 27: MAYHEM.
CHAPTER 28: INDECISION.
CHAPTER 29: HEART TO HEART.
CHAPTER 30: MOVING ON.
CHAPTER 31: PEACE OF MIND.
CHAPTER 32: CONSEQUENCES.
CHAPTER 33: COMPLICATIONS.
CHAPTER 34: RECONCILIATION.
CHAPTER 36: DEEP REGRET.
CHAPTER 37: KARMA STRIKES.
CHAPTER 38: THE BIG NEWS.
CHAPTER 39: A DREAM COME TRUE.
CHAPTER 40: MEMORIES.
CHAPTER 41: HOMICIDE.
CHAPTER 42: GOODBYE.
CHAPTER 43: RIP.
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BOOK PROMOTION.

CHAPTER 35: A WAKE-UP CALL.

764 155 12
Samfreddy tarafından

#JUST_BEST_FRIENDS

Author: Sam Freddy

CHAPTER 35: A WAKE-UP CALL.

Sunday, 8:20 AM, exactly three days after Idara's family's reunion.

“So that's the house over there, down the road.” Mike announced, as he and Isioma alighted from a tricycle. “The big-ass one with the fancy painting and stuff.”

“Oh.” Isioma's eyes traced Mike's index finger till they landed on a unique two storey building. “Are you sure?”

“If I wasn't sure, will I be here with you? Of course I am.”

“Perfect.” Isioma said, savouring the classiness of her surroundings. “What a nice estate. No wonder bikes and tricycles aren't allowed here. Anyway, what now?”

“Now, let me give my sassy step-sister one last call and hear what she has to say.”

“Touché.”

Mike phoned Candice, and she picked up on the second ring. He made sure the call was on speaker.

“Well, hello there, little bratty brother.” Her voice carried its usual sauciness and exasperating humour. “It's been a while since we talked. What gives?”

“Heaven knows I'm not in the mood for your BS.” Mike said, noticing Isioma's intense stare on him. “I know you blacklisted my number, which is why I couldn't reach you for days. And I've sent you numerous texts to undo what you did to my friend, but you didn't reply any of 'em. This is the last attempt I'm making now, your final warning, your last chance. Are you really sure you want to go down this lane?”

“Hold on a sec. Did you just call her your friend?” Candice's laughter annoyed both Isioma and Mike like mad. “How funny! Little Mike here seems to be so thirsty for his little kitty's coochie, so now he calls her "friend" as a form of disguise, just to lead her on till he penetrates her deep and hard, or soft and slow, whatever the case may be. I know you, Mike. I know how you think!”

Mike shook his head, embarrassed, albeit not for himself, but for his sister's immaturity, as he deemed it fit. “Has anyone ever told you how sick you are?”

“Boy, I don't need validation from anyone!” She boasted. “Harley Quinn got nothing on me baby!”

“Look, Candice or whatever your name is,” Isioma spoke up fiercely, apparently fed up with Candice's antics. “We are not here for jokes. As a matter of fact, we have something that can ruin your life here with us, and we are willing to give it to the person you least expect, and best believe, she will mess you up if she gets this information. Are you still willing to take that chance, or will you simply do what's right?”

“Oh, I never knew that the kitty herself was right there the whole time,” a giggle escaped from Candice's mouth. “Well, regarding what you just said, that is just a sizzling, steaming pile of bullcrap. Y'all ain't shit, for real.”

“You think so?” Mike chipped in. “Well, since you have left me with no choice, I guess I'll just have to do this.”

“Do your worst, Mike. Nothing's gonna happen.” Candice declared. “Like I said, y'all ain't shit, and that's a fact.”

“Okay!” was the last thing Mike said before cutting the call, then he faced Isioma, as he pulled a small brown envelope from his crossbody bag.

“You heard the lady.” Mike said, giving it to her. “Go prove her wrong. I'll wait for you.”

“With all pleasure, Mike.” Isioma grabbed the item from him, a wicked grin on her face. “With all pleasure!”

Mike crossed his arms, watching as Isioma catwalked into the estate, heading straight to Mr. Rochas' sweet, lovely, and peaceful home.

Revenge surely felt good, especially for Isioma.

__________

8:25 PM, same day.

“Honey, I'm home!” Mr. Rochas announced, closing his door, quite tired from the day's 'work'. His tired eyes drifted to his family's pictures on the wall as he crashed on his sofa, and then a smirk crossed his lips as he saw an old picture of his wife in her fitted police uniform, looking so young and vibrant.

Those were the days when he would spend hours gushing over her beauty, upholding her like a Greek goddess, but now she was all worn out and faded to him, which was why he was out there chasing youngblood lately.

“Honey?” He called again, dropping his briefcase on the glass table. “Where are you?”

“I'm coming.” She answered, walking down the stairs, her heels clicking with reckless abandon. Soon, she was downstairs, posing menacingly before her husband with a stiff, unwelcoming look on her face.

Rochas had expected a warm “Welcome home!” and the usual hugs from his wife, Agatha, but what he got was a thick brown envelope which she tossed to him instead, and he sensed danger when she said, “Explain that.”

The fact that she had one arm concealed behind her didn't help matters at all. She seemed to be hiding something from him.

“What's this?” Rochas opened the envelope, confused. However, he almost choked back those words when he set his eyes on the content of the envelope. “Oh my God!”

“So that's the girl you're screwing now, right?” Agatha said without moving an inch. “A girl came here today and told me about how you unjustly scored her class test, all because of your affair with her enemy. Initially, I thought she was kidding, until she showed me those pictures of you and the glamorous lady making out in your office and in your car. How beautiful. What's her name? She's so cute.”

Rochas was still shaken from the shock he got from seeing the pictures, and his wife's sarcastic tone and her strong presence weren't even letting him think straight right now.

“I can… I can explain.”

“Oh, please do. Take your time.” Agatha sat down opposite Rochas, still concealing her left hand from his sight as she crossed her legs. “I'm all ears, dear.”

Rochas was utterly dumbfounded. The only things on his mind right now were, how did Isioma snap these pictures without his awareness, especially the shots in his office? How did she know about his house, and his wife too? These weren't even photoshopped images, to begin with. They were all real and clear as crystal, and there was no getting around this one for him. He knew that well enough.

“I'm still waiting, dear.”

“Honey, I… I don't know what to s-say.”

“That's right.” Agatha pointed her official gun at her husband's face. “I know you don't.”

Pure fear surged through Rochas' entire body at once. “Jesus!”

“Leave our Lord Jesus out of this.” Agatha stood up, heading towards Rochas. “So, wait, let me get this straight; we've been married for over twenty-five years with three grownups who are doing well in their respective fields in life, and I've always been the loyal wife to you, offering all the support I can and loving you unconditionally, and this is what I get in return?”

Rochas was fretting miserably. He was literally about to wet his pants. “Let me explain. I swear it's not what you think.”

“Shut up your gutter, let me talk!” Agatha raved, putting her finger on the trigger. “Rochas, there were times when people talked smack about you but I never let them degrade my love for you. Times when you fell bankrupt but I stood by you. Times when you felt weak but I strengthened you, and all of a sudden you trashed our memories to oblivion just because of a petty little girl whom you're old enough to father? A girl who isn't even up to quarter of our last born's age? What is your problem, Rochas? What have I done to deserve this from you?”

Silence was what Agatha got from Rochas. He was pasty-faced, overwhelmed by fear.

“Now, let me tell you something.” Agatha leaned in and pressed the gun against Rochas' forehead. “I'm not as dumb as you think I am. I've actually gotten the signs of your waywardness several times before, but I never let my suspicions drive me into baseless conclusions. But today, I've gotten all the proof I need, and despite how hurt I actually am right now, I won't let your stupidity make me do something I'd regret for the rest of my life.”

Rochas swallowed hard, shutting his eyes tightly. He knew what this high-ranking policewoman was capable of doing whenever she was extremely mad at someone. In fact, he still had a big scar on his right thigh that he'd sustained from a serious fight he had with her some years ago, which served as a constant reminder for him not to ever mess with her anyhow he liked.

“Open your eyes.” Agatha ordered, and Rochas obeyed at once. “Good. I have just two things I'd like you to do for me. Are you listening?”

Rochas nodded, blinking repeatedly, his body shaking like mad.

“One, cancel whatever you have with that small girl from this moment on. Am I clear?”

Rochas nodded again.

“I said am I clear? Talk to me!”

“Yes! Crystal clear!”

“Good.” Agatha exhaled, directing her lips to Rochas' left ear this time around. “And two, you better restore Isioma's rightful score and don't disturb her anymore, or else, if you do and I get to know about it,” she whispered, “you wouldn't like the outcome, I guarantee you.”

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

86K 13.4K 52
" Idara it's not like that , let me explain . " He said begging her again but she had made up her mind. "Look everything and everyone is saying it's...
5.9K 987 61
Isrealla morenike Jones..... An introverted, out going and lovable girl who wants nothing more than to be accepted, appreciated and loved. Both by he...
15.3K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
62.8K 4.7K 24
*A Nigerian Romance Story* The line between Infatuation and Obsession is called Danger. Wunmi decided to accept the job her friend is offering her a...