Vampire Mates

By kky_claud

"Maybe, Just maybe... this is all a big mistake." Meet Rosemarie 'Rose' Smith, the nerd. Being friends of... More

Prologue
1 - Demetri Arch
2 - Falling?
4 - Another Man
5 - Venice, Italy, Pizza
6 - Mates, Pains
7 - Day One
8 - What The...
9 - Xlinx?
10 - The Strange Disappearance
11 - Kidnappers Say What?
12 - A Clone? I Prefer Doppelganger
13 - The Trouble of Going to the Hospital
14 - And that was All in One Day
15 - Just a game of Twister
16 - Avoidance
17 - The Arrival
17 - The Arrival
18 - What the Hell
19 - The Vampire Realms of Alfea
Author's Note
20 - Move On?
21 - The Dress
22 - The Ball
23 - The Strange Happenings
24 - Meet Their Highnesses? More Like Meet the Parents
25 - Vampire
26 - The Return of the Lost Princess
27 - Final Choice
28 - Being Bad isn't All that Bad
29 - Don't Say Goodbye
30 - Finale
Final Words/Acknowledgements
Sneak Peak of Dark Mates - Sequel of Vampire Mates
Dark Mates, Author's Note
-the rewriting of vampire mates-
Vampire Mates - updated version
"Sunshine and Dynamite"

3 - So We Meet Again

41K 1.3K 211
By kky_claud

[Edited]

Vampire Mates

3: So We Meet Again

Demetri's Point of View

I let my raging hormones get the best (or worst, technically) of me. I would've actually slept with Dana, if Rose had not barged in.

I won't ever forget the horrified look on her face when she had walked in on us, half naked. But, worse, I won't ever forget the pain that I must've put Lily through. They say that one's soul mate will feel pain if their other half is with someone else.

Dana had been pretty upset when I had said no.  I told her it was only because this was going too fast, so she agreed to stop. I was glad, to say the least, when she had fell asleep almost instantly, so I could sleep on the floor instead of beside her. Nevertheless, I was still really guilty and revolted by myself.

So here I am, looking at my reflection in the mirror at 5:30 in the morning. I stared at my reflection for a few more seconds before I shook my head and splattered the cold water on my face. Closing the tap, I felt a little more refreshed. Whoever said vampires don't need sleep is a lie. They do, just maybe not as much as humans need it.

I pulled on an old Beatles (they were so famous back then it was hard not to get addicted to their music) T-shirt and some jeans and slipped into my Nikes. I walked out of the apartment and pressed on the 'down' button beside the elevator. The elevator made a dinging sound immediately and I walked in, only to be surprised to see Rose standing there, bags under eyes.

"Hey," I said awkwardly.

Rosemarie's Point of View

I woke up 5:00 o'clock in the morning the next day, unable to sleep as I stared up at the blank white ceiling and the fan that whirred round and round, like my mind.

It was like a curse. I had never woken up later than 7 o' clock. I wasn't prissy in the mornings, which made me a morning person.  

I decided since I had time, I'd go out for a jog. Jogging seems to clear my mind, other than playing the guitar. But since it was so early, I didn't want to wake anybody up with the music.

I went into the bathroom and stripped off my jammies before getting into the shower. After 10 minutes, I went out and slipped into my bathrobe. Taking out my hairdryer and plugging it in, I began to blow-dry my hair. After my blonde hair was dried, I tied it up in a messy bun and walked out of bathroom. While rummaging through my closet, I used my feet to pull out my pale salmon pink high-top sneakers.

I finally settled down on a pair of comfortable black leggings and a Rolling Stones t-shirt. I slipped into my converse and began to walk out my room. The apartment was quiet, except from the few squeaking noises that my sneakers made. As I passed by Demetri and Dana's room, I sighed softly, being reminded of the things that happened last night.

Yeah, last night, when you felt attracted towards Demetri, my mind said.

Shut up, I thought back, annoyed at how my own brain had just reminded me about something that I had programmed myself not to think of, it was just physical attraction, nothing emotional.

Yes, it was nothing emotional, nothing Lily was feeling for Demetri. I settled on the conclusion that I didn't like him like that. I don't. I won't. I really, really shouldn't.

Yeah keep telling that to yourself, my brain retorted again.

"Shut up stupid and unwanted conscious." I muttered, opening the apartment door. I clicked the down button on the elevator and leaned against the wall while waiting. Oh trust me, you'll thank me one day and realize that I had been right all along.

"Never," I deadpanned. Great. Now I was talking to myself like the retarded person I am.

Another reason why I didn't... no, couldn't let myself like a man like Demetri was that the men I knew were disloyal. The two major men in my life were — still are probably — jerks. One was my biological father. I mean, I don't even know his name, nor had I ever met him before. The other man was my step-father. He was even more of a jerk, obviously.

The elevator dinged, the two metal doors sliding open. I walked in and pressed the '1' button.

After the elevator door closed and was just about to move downwards, the door opened again. I looked up and saw Demetri.

God can so cruel sometimes.

Demetri's Point of View

"Hi," Rose replied, a strained smile on her face, clearly trying to get rid of the tension around us. "So, you're going out for a jog too?" She asked.

At least she was decent enough to try to make conversation. I smiled back before replying, "Yeah, I guess..."

I had been hoping to run by myself in the woods. Why the woods? Well, mainly because I was running out of blood supplies, and also because I want to see my friend. And let's just say being friends with humans doesn't help either; it's not like I can just pull out a plastic bag and start sucking on blood, right?

Since a friend of mine who was assisting me in the human lands, was living here somewhere in the woods, near the apartment I guess I could just drop by this house to get some blood.

"Actually, I'm going to meet a friend." I said again. I'm sure Ramon's awake. He doesn't sleep much, like most vampires.

"Oh." She replied. The door open and, being the gentleman I am, I let her out first. I stepped behind her. When she was about to walk away, I grabbed her wrist, surprisingly both herself and I.

"I-I just wanted to let you know yesterday with Dana was nothing," I stuttered over my sentence. Rose nodded and shrugged off my hand before waving.

"Why did you do that?" I sighed as I questioned myself my stupidity.

I went out and waited till Rose was nowhere to be found. I walked casually towards the path of shops. After making sure no one was watching, at least not attentively, I ran, full speed, towards the forest.

Being a vampire certainly has their pros.

I stopped when I saw a deer. I ran full speed towards it and caught it with ease. My fangs elongated as I hungrily sucked its blood and saved up the rest in a plastic bag I carried with me. I wiped away the blood stains with the back of my hand and then made my way towards Ramon's house.

Yes, I drink from animals. Please don't make a reference towards Edward Cullen — how I know his name? My younger sister forced me into reading it and watching the movie — because I do not sparkle, am not albino and can stand the sun.

I reached his house and then took a glance at my Rolex watch. 5:58 a.m. Better hurry if I don't want Rose to be suspicious on why I was visiting a friend for so long. I knocked on the door a few times. I was getting frustrated and was ready to break down the door when the door opened to reveal a very happy Ramon.

"Oh, it's you, Demetri! Come in!" Ramon gestured. I went inside and plopped down on the sofa, making myself at home. "I just finished my Skype session with Shelly! When she smiles, it just melts my heart!" He sang. Shelly was his mate. Ramon used to be a gay guy but when she saw Shelly, he turned straight. Well, more of bisexual.

"I mean, when she looks at you, you just feel so lost in her eyes, so mesmerized. When we touch, sparks explodes. You get what I mean?" He said, dreamily.

I thought back to Lily, remembering how my heart that pumped rapidly when her fingers accidentally brushed past my fingers while saying, "Yeah, I actually do."

He gasped melodramatically. "You do? Have you found your mate?" He asked, while heading towards the kitchen. I followed him and leaned on the kitchen counter while he took out two champagne glasses. I nodded, watching him pour some type-A blood. I licked my lips; my favorite, alongside with deer blood.

"Are you sure it's her? I mean, no offense, it looks like you're really whipped, but the fortune tellers had warned that your feelings may be wrong because you have not found your mate in like, what? 338 years? And even if there's sparks or anything, it may be your mind trying to fool you not to fall in love with your mate."

I groaned, "Why is that again?"

"You drank something that'll affect you, I think." He shrugged, handing me a cup of the blood. I drank it eagerly, "Some odd potions that an enemy of yours put into your blood so the time taken to produce a legitimate heir with your mate is extended."

"But I'm pretty sure it's her. I kind of made out with one of her friends yesterday. Her eyes were filled with dust. Nothing. Empty. Coldness," I said, pushing my cup for more.

"If you say so, Demetri, but if it's wrong, don't come back here crying to me that how life is unfair and how you've lost her." Ramon said. "Anyways, is that just why you came here? Or do you need anything?" He asked, drinking a sip of blood from his glass.

"I'm running out of supplies, so if you don't mind, can you give me some?" I asked. He laughed and pulled down two bags of type-A blood and two type-O blood. I rummaged in the bag I stole and got out the deer blood. "Here. I found a deer just now. Thought you might like it." I said, drinking a sip from my glass.

"Thank you!" He smiled, pouring it into a jug. "Take these with you. If you need anymore, just come back and find me. Good luck with the boring old school of yours, and also with your mate." He chuckled. I thanked him as he ushered me out.

"No problem." He said, opening the door for me. "Come back for a visit or anything. See you soon, hopefully to meet the girl!" He called out as I jogged out.

"Sure!" I shouted, smiling, before beginning to run back. Yeah, I hope next time I see Ramon, Lily will have been mine. I'm making sure of that.

Rosemarie's Point of View

Thank God he wasn't going running with me!

No offense to him, but I didn't want to be with him. Not even as friends. No, we aren't friends. Not even close. More likely a nodding acquaintances.

The reason why I didn't want to be close with him was, as hard as it was to admit, because I don't want to feel anything for him. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

Then again, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

And I am so frustrated and annoyed, not to mention disgusted, by myself for thinking that I like, not just physically, him.

I halted into a stop when I realize I was already in front of the apartment. I wiped of the sweat on my forehead and then went in. I smiled at Ginger, the women in her thirties working at the lobby. She smiled back and I made my way to the elevator. I pressed on the up button and the door opened. Walking in, I saw a guy around my age inside. I reached out to press floor 6, only to realize he already pressed that. He smiled at me. I gave him a small smile back.

"What school do you go?" He asked.

"The Princeton Academies," I said.

"Really? Me too! I'm new and I'm going to the Princeton too. I'm Bryan, by the way. What's your name?" The guy — Bryan — asked.

"I'm Rosemarie. Call me Rose." I said politely. The elevator dinged and he let me walked out first. What a gentleman.

"Hey, Rose?" He asked. I nodded. "Can you, like, give me your phone number?" He asked nervously. I smiled at his shyness and nodded.

"Tell me your room number, I'll go round then. And maybe we can head over to school together" I said, surprising myself for being so social. He nodded, "OK. It's 622, what's yours then?" He asked me back.

"I'm room 618. I'll drop yours in around 10 minutes. That okay?" I said. He nodded. I started to make my way towards my room. This is actually the first time I ever made conversation with a stranger. Weird...

I scanned my card and opened the door. Demetri was surprisingly not here yet. I glanced at the clock. 6:30. Ten minutes, I timed myself. Since I didn't sweat much on my bottom and I had a sports bra inside my shirt, I decided to stick with this outfit. I took a quick shower and redressed. I took a look at my waterproof watch. 6:38. Hmm, 2 minutes to spare. Not bad.

I pressed on the doorbell and the door was opened a few seconds later. Bryan stood there in, looking cute in a button down shit and casual jeans. "Hey! You came!" He smiled. I smiled back and walked in to his apartment. "Live by your own?" I asked. He nodded and passed me a paper and a pen.

"You mind putting down your number?" He asked nervously.

I jotted down my phone number and my name in bold letters then put down my Facebook account and my Twitter too. "Here you go." I said and gave the paper back to him. He smiled gratefully before he flushed into a shade of beet red.

"Do you mind if I hang with your group? I don't really have friends." He said.

"Sure! How 'bout you come hang at my apartment? Then we could just go to school together from there." I suggested. He nodded and grabbed his room keys. We walked down the hall, a comfortable silence between us.

We stopped in front of my apartment. I took my keys out from my back pocket and opened the door.

"Where's Rose?" A grumble came from inside. "I want my breakfast" Dana. Definitely Dana.

"I'm here. I'll make breakfast, go take a bath Dana." I said, walking into the kitchen. Lily was sitting there with Demetri and they were laughing at something. I took a glance at the clock, 6:45.

"So, you're like their nanny here?" Bryan said as I took out the pan and some pancakes.

"I guess you could say that," I smiled. Lily looked at me then at Bryan.

"Am I missing something? What have you done to Rose?" Lily fake gasped, shaking me. I laughed. She was so dramatic. "Look! She's even laughing! Did some aliens take control of you? My Rosie!"

"Wait what? Now am I missing something?" Bryan said, confused.

"She talked to you?" Lily said, this time really gasping. Bryan nodded slowly. Lily shook her head slowly. "She usually needs to know someone really good to talk to them. This is a miracle. I'm Lily by the way." Lily ranted. I began making the pancakes, while taking out some maple syrup and Nutella out of the top cupboard.

"OK..." He said, taking a seat next to Demetri. "I'm Bryan."

"I'm Demetri." Demetri introduced himself to Bryan, shaking his hand.

I took out 5 plates and put two pancakes in each. I served it out and Dana came running in, wearing a white top and some jeans. Not to my surprise, she was wearing the white designer boots Lily, Alex and I saved up for her birthday. She ended the outfit and a jean vest. Her hair was straightened as usual and she had the perfect amount of make-up on. Seeing her made me kind of sick. Because of what I saw yesterday. As she sat down, she winked at Demetri, who turned away to look at Lily, who seemed oblivious about the flirting Dana was trying to do.

I sighed. Lily could be the most oblivious person in the world. As Demetri leaned over to kiss Lily on the cheek, I felt a stinging pain on my cheeks, as if someone had slapped me. Weird.

I shrugged it off and continued my conversation with Bryan Like I said, probably too much of those pills.

Author's note: hey! This chapter is kind of long, so I hope you guys liked it, althought it was more of a filler anyways.

#qotd: do you think Bryan is a good guy? Or might he be... bad?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 1.2K 11
*A Vampire Academy AU Fanfic* Rose can no longer stand pretending that she and Dimitri are nothing more than mentor and student. So she takes matters...
9 0 7
A student taking classes for a degree in Vampire-Human Alliances (a sociology degree) is stunned to learn that she has been placed with the most hist...
1.8K 43 10
Averi knew she was growing to close to the humans, but nothing would have prepared her for what, or, who, would come into her live next, giving her a...
20.6K 546 51
"Kitten!" He said and I opened my eyes. As I looked ahead at the mirror, I could see him leaning so close to me but his eyes were gazing at me throug...