𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐍 ━━ 𝐀 𝐓𝐀𝐋...

By fullmetal_rose

〚 ໓໐ ຖ໐t ๖ē ค f໐໐l t໐ thiຖk ฯ໐น kຖ໐ຟ ēงērฯthiຖງ . 〛 ═ ୭˚ . ✦ ❝ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐜�... More

𝘼𝙘𝙩 0
2 : Mysterious boy
3: Black knight of Pars

1 : Princess Yasmine

90 6 0
By fullmetal_rose

ACT I 

(Pars era, year 317 ) 

klank, klank

In the royal kingdom of Ectabana , in the palace courtyard to be specific. It was possible to discern the sounds of swords crossing . Two people looked almost as if they were dancing due to their movements . Swift and precise coming from the man but the child in question looked agitated dealing with such heavy blows .

'' right!''

'' Now above!''

'' Now middle! '' the tall white-bearded man commanded as he controlled his wooden sword with oppressed vigor.

Meanwhile his opponent. A silver-haired girl whose indigo orb was staring icily at him struggled against his attacks , defending where he appointed. Her small silver sword barely managed to block his heavy blows , Sweat was dripping on the side of her head . Her hands tremble from exhaustion ; Her body felt sore and was on the brink of collapsing .

'' Now, below ! '' she safeguarded his attack from hitting her legs , Her long tassel earrings swayed at her movement .

'' Now , above! ''

Both swords made contact , the girl's sword slanted above her face , her teeth gritted from annoyance . She tried her best to hold on to the sword as they clashed but , to no luck , the older guy was too heavy that it made the grip on her sword loosen . Noticing this , the man gave it a final blow causing her small sword to fly and making the girl drop to the ground.

thump

She sighs softly and her aching limbs ceased. The girl glances up with a mocking-like smile . The right side of her eye was covered with an elegant eyepatch while the other indigo orb playfully glared .

'' you are terrible Vahriz, using a move like that on me . '' voice soft but firm like nothing can ever taint that determination .

Supreme general Kingdom of pars , Vahriz

He chuckles , '' such riffling moves would never be considered a maneuver , They were merely fundamental sword strokes . ''

He then knelt down and bowed his head to her , '' However , if you do not cultivate those fundamentals , you will be powerless . Hone those fundamentals , Yasmine-Hime .'' Vahriz glanced at the child whose neck-length hair swayed by the sudden breeze .

Crown princess kingdom of Pars, Yasmine

In return, she gave him a smile.

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

'' You've never been easy on me since I asked you to teach me the way of the sword huh ? '' The princess was sitting on the outdoor staircase while the maids tend to her arms and feet bandaging any wounds or scrapes that were present .

'' Since your highness was the one who reached out I cannot disobey your orders but , to this day I'm still quite surprised . It seems it was only yesterday that an eleven-year-old asked me to teach her swordsmanship . I believe you're the only princess I countered wanting to learn . ''

Yasmine snickered in response just remembering the look on Vahriz's face , '' I still have a lot of improving , by the way, why did you not accompany my Lord father on his campaign , Vahriz ? ''

'' Safeguarding this palace is the duty I was assigned upon this occasion , It is not only Lusitania to the west , but Kingdoms to the east also have their eyes upon this city as well , so we mustn't let our guard down . ''

'' If you were so busy , you didn't have to show up if I was bothering you . '' The princess stood up and open her arms for the maids to drape on her purplish butterfly coat. The combination between simple training garments and a fine silk robe made the maids question her highness' sense of style but they did not mind.

This was her highness they were talking about. Her personality or the way she acted , So peculiar for a girl with such high status.

'' Your majesty will never be a bother to me , you can request me anytime and I shall come .''

The maids bowed as Vahriz signaled Yasmine to walk along the palace halls .

'' But I still think my swordsmanship hasn't gotten enough stronger than I wished . '' she lightly touches the small sword that is secured on her waist .

'' That is not true your majesty , I can see the improvement throughout the years , if I may say so '' he replied from behind as they kept walking , he glanced at the small bandages on her wrist and hands .

you've worked too hard

'' I see . . '' a sheepish grin formed unto the thirteen-year-old girl's lips .

it was a good idea I switched to using a small lightweight sword, it suites my body well

'' You have yet to embark on the battle the king requested you to come , if something may happen you are prepared . ''

'' The battle huh? ''

He noticed the change in her tone . '' Do not worry your highness , me and Daryun will be there ''

'' D-Daryun ? . ah . . yes . .''

Judging by how the way she spoke , Vahriz raised his eyebrow . '' . . Yasmine-hime .''

'' . . yes . ? ''

'' . . please tell me you have spoken to him about it . ''

She gave him a side glance along with a nervous smile , " well I thought I would tell him soon . . "

He sighs . Vahriz knew " soon " meant to her highness as maybe never or probably at the last second of nigh . He can just picture the look on his nephew's face–

Yasmine chuckled nervously , '' Well , I thought I should tell him on the exact day besides it's three years from now . . I didn't want him to worry so much ''

'' Your majesty , I don't mean disrespect but don't you think it's better to tell him now considering how worried he'll be when the time comes ? ''

The princess and Vahriz knew how a worrywart the Marzban can be despite his title and looks that could be very deceiving to the eyes .

'' I know . . '' she sighs , just thinking about a particular memory long ago .

Yasmine was soon greeted by a brightening light. the general knelt behind her as she continued to walk toward the balcony, she was shortly welcomed by hundreds of soldiers lining up below the palace .

The queen peered down at them with her usual expressionless face .

Queen, kingdom of Pars Tahamenay

They unsheathe their swords .

'' Your service does you great credit, I hope for much to come of your eternal allegiance to pars.'' she announced , her light teal eyes gaze shifted towards the men then walked away back inside.

'' oh . . uh. .'' the princess reached out her hand to the queen

'' To her majesty the Queen and Yasmine-hime ! salute !''

She smiled at them and hurriedly waved to catch up with the queen.

'' Lady Mother ! . ''

The servants behind the queen bowed .

She turned around with a blank look . '' what is it Yasmine?''

'' oh no...I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.'' she scratches the back of her head, embarrassed. She completely forgot the prior engagement she had after her swordsmanship training.

'' Not at all, it seems you practice the sword every day.''

'' ah , yes I'm working hard to become a fine queen.'' she grinned acknowledging that her Lady mother noticed.

The queen glanced at her bandaged hands and attire , she narrowed her eyes . '' A royal princess should never touch a sword , it is very unladylike . if you keep that going no man will ever seek your hand in marriage .'' she eyed her with the same blank look. An expression that was never meant for a daughter .

Yasmine's smile faltered slightly .

She turns around and walked away with her handmaidens following her.

Thank you though for noticing Lady mother

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

Vahriz and Yasmine walked along in the courtyard . The princess's mind pictured again the cold look the queen gave her but , then again she could not blame the queen for hating her . Yasmine could understand because sometimes she also despised herself . Yasmine could not help but grin bitterly but she was used to being despised like this so it did not really affect her .

Vahriz who was walking behind her highness could not help but notice the scratches and tiny scars on her hands that could not escape his sight , with him being a General commander nothing really goes unnoticed by him . As a matter of fact, since he met her highness those scars and scratches remained as of now . However with her highness staying quiet about it then it was none of his business at all but he could not help but wonder taking into account what her highness's personality and traits were perhaps for a long time he wondered...

a new weapon?

He could not help but feel a tinge bit of pride because of her and could not help but expect her to become a fine queen one day , perhaps somebody that no one dared to have faced .

The sound of hawks caught the pair's attention. A white and black hawk hovered across the air above them .

Yasmine's grin brightened , '' Azrael ! , Soroush ! . '' She folded her loose sleeve multiple times expecting one of them to land on her arm .

'' Ah !, if they returned then..'' Vahriz trailed off

'' Come ! .'' Yasmine positioned her arm, the white hawk landed on her arm while the other landed on the fountain .

'' Welcome home , Azrael ! . '' Yasmine pets its fur affectionately as it flapped its wings as if it was approval that the little creature liked being touch .

'' your highness Yasmine..'' a deep voice greeted spoke

She turned her head to see a tall man with a long black beard, sharp eyebrows, and onyx eyes.

'' Yasmine-hime , Lord Vahriz I trust I find you unchanged.'' He walked towards them with a smile

'' Kishward, you have returned.'' Yasmine acknowledged the man with a smile and could not help but feel relieved that the man , made it in one piece .

Cavalry captain kingdom of pars, Kishward

'' Your silver hair is always a rare sight to see Yasmine-hime. - " Kishward shifted his eyes to Azrael who was comfortably stuck to the arm of the princess while flapping its wings making him smirk . '' So upon their return, they greet not their master but your highness first ? cheeky bastards.''

Vahriz chuckled at the man '' They have no respect for you.''

'' Oh no, it is not that they do not respect me , but they hold deepest affections for her highness and if I may so allured to your beauty .''

Yasmine chuckled  '' I see your compliments are as colorful as ever Kishward , I trust that you're doing good as well ? ''

'' ah yes, I appreciate your highness' concern-" he smiled politely at the girl

'' The Birds and beasts are mirrors. they reflect what is in the heart of those they come face to face with. They know the soundness of her majesty's heart and mind . '' he added

Yasmine smiles at Azrael . " is that so ? "

Kishward kneels to the two of them as a form of formal greeting .

'' your service of the campaign is appreciated, all are safe?'' Vahriz asked 

'' yes sir, our losses were negligible pars forces crushed the Lusitanian army that invaded our ally Maryam . ''

'' His majesty, King Andragoras is returning.''

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

As the kingdom gates were opening, The crowds on the sideline cheered

Soldiers of Pars made their way in , but the one guiding them was a middle-aged man with a black ponytail tied hair, his expression was fearsome almost like a predator . It held confidence , the aura around him felt superior as if nobody could approach .

Eighteen Monarch Kingdom of Pars, Andragoras III

He wore jade earrings , a scarlet cloak that was made with high expensive silk that danced in the wind and the sun glittered the black armor he wore .

The crowd locked their eyes on the passing army in admiration.

A man with a mustache stared blankly at the road while riding a horse.

Calvary captain Kingdom of Pars, Kharlan

'' Lord Marzban Kharlan!''

'' How gallant!.''

'' Lord kharlan!.'' the crowds cheered.

'' That one over there is Lord Marzban Kubard''

Calvary captain Kingdom of Pars, Kubard

A man with silver hair, a long scar on his eye drank from his huge bottle.

'' He's drinking again?!''

'' Is he ever sober?''

Among the crowds, three male children spoke to themselves.

'' Did you know that scar over his eye, is a scar from a dragon?''

'' that's a lie'' the brown head smiled

'' My favorite is still Lord twin blade general Kishward!.''

'' When I grow up I want to be in the Calvary too and protect the king''

'' Dummy! like the king needs anyone to protect him.''

'' Look. they're Lusitanian soldiers..'' the children gaped at the men tied up, walking in a straight line. only pure rage filled in their eyes, there was no shame evident in their face.

'' They're the ones who fight for their God right?''

'' the cult of Yaldabaoth, was it?''

'' I hear they kill anyone who doesn't share their beliefs, even babies''

'' how barbaric!''

They spotted a child tied up along with grown men.

'' That's a child''

'' Lusitanians even send children to was poor thing''

The princess and Vahriz awaited the king's arrival on a mount, each of their own.

Her silver hair was out in the open and the silk cloth over her eye was exposed . Her indigo eye expressed nervousness but of course also joy and relief because her lord father made it alive .

Yasmine could make out a group of people coming their way.

'' your highness..'' Vahriz spoke.

She signaled the horse to make its way to the king.

'' Lord Father, I'm most glad to see you safe, I came here to greet you. The fighting was off in distant lands and I worried you might--"

'' Defeat was never a possibility'' his tone was frigid bleak. The king didn't spare a glance at the girl as he passed by her. Almost as if she was just some stranger that never had any relation to him.

'' ...''

'' Vahriz, report to me of the going-on during my absence''

'' yes sir ''

Vahriz took a last glance at the girl . This sight was not new to him in the slightest because the King has always treated her highness with such behavior , but Vahriz knew her highness was much stronger than that .

Yasmine turned around and stared at the kings back

'' Defeat was never a possibility , huh?'' she muttered to herself, but a small grin appeared at the corner of her lips .

but I'm glad you are safe, father

The three children stared at the girl , pink dusting their cheeks.

'' what about Yasmine-hime?.''

'' Wow..she's pretty.''

'' What happened to her other eye ? ''

'' Idiot ! didn't you know ? ever since she was born she could not perceive anything but darkness''

"mostly every Parsian citizen knew that you idiot ! "

'' well . . i did not ..''

'' she totally needs our protection!''

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

'' I want one!.'' a male voice yelled.

'' I want one that can do physical labor!''

'' Denka, a beauteous girl such as yourself entering such quarters is...'' the guard behind her pestered nonstop .

'' It's fine , as long as my hood is on , I won't attract attention.''

'' b-but, that isn't what I meant! my duty is to protect you, but at a place like this..it may be out of my control''

Possible outcomes could happen in a cramped street alley like this .

'' don't worry, this is a great opportunity to look around the place while Daryun isn't around he's too overprotective that it's funny sometimes . '' she chuckles at the thought of the general.

'' This is exactly why, Lord Daryun is needed all the time to accompany you everywhere, to stop you from going into deep pars territory and wondering around'' he sighs, exhausted

'' No, it's fine...I'm not wandering around. As long as I have a guard it's fine right?'

'' That isn't- " the guard sighs not bothering to argue with the stubborn princess

'' you bastard! do as your told!'' The man shouted as he poked the people with a sharp stick inside the wooden cage.

'' what's wrong?'' the princess walked towards them.

'' Oh Princess!, what brings you to these shabby quarters?.'' the merchant anxiously asked.

'' Are these men from Lusitania?''

'' yes, your majesty'' he courtly replied

She shifted her eyes to the men inside the cage, they gawked at her with their venomous stare and lightly thrashed their arms as if wanting to break the wooden poles and murder her .

'' You don't stare at her majesty like that!.'' the merchant yelled at them with veins on the side of his head .

'' It's fine, it's expected from an enemy.'' Yasmine gestured to the merchant , unusually calm

Those hateful eyes she knew from long ago plagued her memory .She gave them one last nonchalant glance as she walked away, with her guard following her.

'' Such a barbaric folk..if something were to happen to you, there would be no going back.'' the guard suddenly spoke up, snapping her out of her thoughts

'' To think that they were staring at you with such dreadful eyes displeases me, your majesty.''

'' Well it cannot be helped, they do see us as an enemy '' she sighs at her nagging guard and waved away the thoughts she was about to have. there was no use thinking about such things .

'' H-help!.''

Two of them stopped walking at the sound of a child.

'' huh?''

The guard behind her unsheathes his sword , alarmed , and scanned the vicinity

'' Wait here, your majesty''

'' w-wait--!" she reached out to him

He ran to the corner only to be stumbled upon by a brunette child that bumped into his chest with a complicated expression .

'' ahhh!!'' A child with yellow hair appeared behind and jumped onto the brunette using him as a springboard while carrying a large vase.

The guard's eyes widen.

Out of surprise ,Yasmine stepped back a little causing her hood to fall down.

That boy..he's a lusitanian judging by his clothes, could he be one that marched ?

unconscious fear bubbled up inside her

As soon as the boy was in the air, he smashed the vase onto the guard's head making him fall on the ground, unconscious.

'' H-hey!'' Yasmine warned the boy who's done a terrible act, she approached him

As soon as the yellow head turned around, he was greeted with an odd-looking girl as he would describe , a strange cloth covered her eyes while a single indigo orb stared at him. 

A sword suddenly was pointing at the princess's neck catching her by surprise .

He stands up '' Don't move! or I'll kill him'' the blond pointed the sword at the brunette child's neck, his face was twisted in fear .

I can't let him get hurt but I don't have a weapon on me

'' Is there any chance you can let him go?'' the princess tried to bargain and felt pity at her fellow citizen being used as a hostage .

Her eye met his.

Considering how well dressed she is, she must be the daughter of a noble..''

He smiled like an evil plotter , '' yeah?, in that case..''

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

''w-wait!''

On the Lively street of Pars, the mob spectated them as an odd pair expeditiously ran through the crowd. A mustard-haired child was holding the princess's wrist dragging her along with him, his eyebrows furrowed.

'' you need to run faster!''

'' I-i'm try-!'' the princess struggled to catch up.

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

In the meantime. the merchant from before discovered her majesty's guard laying on the floor unconscious, he tried tending to the guard while thinking about what could've happened to the little princess.

'' What happened?!'' the palace guards arrived, inspecting the scene

'' My goods ran away!'' replied the man

'' What?!''

'' I mean if all he did was just running away, I wouldn't mind but...'' guilt was overflowing in his eyes

A guard suddenly approached them, escorting three children crying

'' The princess..''

'' she protected us..''

'' What?!'' the guard's eyes widen

'' Find him!!''

'' yes, sir!''

The guards started to warn the others to roam the area for a lusitanian slave that captured the princess.

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

While all of this chaos was going on, inside a quite stable, a tall, well-built, muscular man was cleaning the back of his jet black mount. His midnight pony-tailed hair swayed against his arm's movement.

'' We spotted him!''

'' He's on the west side!''

'' That must be him! I saw silver hair trailing behind him!''

'' Don't let him get away!''

His gold eyes swiftly relocated to the open window beside him, he immediately stopped what he was doing.

'' silver hair?''

A certain person immediately popped into his mind.'' Denka ?! ''

his golden eyes for a moment shook.

'' Daryun-sama! " a man suddenly barged in gasping for air

'' what is it? '' he gave him a glare-like side glance

the man flinched and managed to spit out ,'' I-It's the princess!''

'' huh?'' His eyes narrowed

Cavalry captain Kingdom of Pars, Daryun.

--

(殿下)/ᴅᴇɴᴋᴀ- ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ sᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɪᴛSᴇʟf, Qᴜɪᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ "ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜɪɢʜɴᴇss".

. .* :☆゚───── ˢ ᶜᴵ ─────. .* :☆゚

𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘳, 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵?! .. 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳-𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘈𝘳𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦.

𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 ! 𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.5K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
931K 42.6K 62
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
323K 7.1K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.2M 48.3K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...