3: Black knight of Pars

The princess gave a long sigh as she clasped the warm piece of cloth engulfing her and courtesy of the citizens, watched the poor royalty drenched from head to toe. Many had offered her clothing, but Yasmine did not want to waste their precious items on just one person. The citizens overlooking the scene can only stare in awe at how kind she is.

A different kind of royalty...

While Yasmine stared at the parapet where she had fallen from and she felt chills. Had she really fallen from that height?? Her face paled. From all the chaos and adrenaline Yasmine did not even think twice to hop off a ledge... she should really be proud of herself. Who knew the fear of heights can be conquered in a split second?

Yasmine had a smug-like smile on her face-then her eyes flickered at the parapet again... she felt her body jitter- or not...

" Denka ! " The desperate call from a certain general brought her back from her musings.

" Denka, are you injured?? " Daryun kneeled on one knee and casts his worried gold eyes to see the princess' small frame engulfed by a large cloth.

If Yasmine didn't know him for long, the feared marzbarn almost looked like a sulking puppy. Gold-smothering eyes are narrow but dilated making them softer than it usually appears. ( a contrast to him being in battle) Eyebrows knitted and jaw clenched. Yasmine wonders how lucky she is to have a person like him to care about her well-being.

'' Daryun, I'm fine..'' Her eyes locked on his like a magnet and she simply smiled. " you do not need to worry over something like this. I'm not injured"

The general eyed her with doubt, he noticed a tiny bit of water droplets kept dripping on the silver strands of her hair. Daryun sighs heavily and his eyes flickered through the area she fell from.

This wasn't anything new at all... compared to what the princess had done in the past. No comparison could be made...The general convinced himself. This matter was...trivial to her daring acts of late.

" I'm fine but is something else the matter? " Yasmine pleaded with the gloomy general, but she couldn't help but see something behind his sigh. Yeah...he surely does not need the knowledge I sneak out and about when he's away...

'' Denka, besides your reckless behavior-" Daryun stood up and his eyes narrowed, "why did you stop me from shooting him?" He stared in the boy's direction he galloped away from.

" he could've killed you"

The entirety of the statement made it sound even grimmer when said out loud. It made Yasmine think for a second and the grave look on Daryun's face said it all.

" and it continues "

Daryun arched his eyebrow in confusion. The mysterious smile on her face fueled him even further, " what--"

'' it didn't seem like the right thing to do..'' Yasmine answered with ease and brushed off her earlier remark with ease.

Daryun sighs again, sweat dropping. '' I understand, we will say that I failed to find my target..'' He noticed the bandages on Yasmine's hands peeking out of the cloth and caught his gaze with a sheepish grin.

His face turned completely black and leaned his face on his palm. '' How could I let this happen?..'' he stated bleakly

'' N-no, this isn't the wound from the boy. It was from the training I had with Vahriz!''

'' from..training?''

'' Yes, swordsmanship training..'' she tried to assure the general

'' My uncle..isn't holding back, huh?..'' his face gotten even darker than before

'' Nope! But I'm glad he isn't. It would be a waste if he is..'' she smiled, practically glowing

''I see..but still...''

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

The crowd murmured, spectating the scene

'' Captured by a prisoner and dragged along in a wild goose chase, huh?''

''That's so dangerous..''

''What are the guards doing? They should do their job more properly..''

'' It can't be helped. she's just a girl..''

'' a princess, that is..''

Those comments made the princess really annoyed.

----

A/N : just a short chapter to get the feels of writing this again, ehe ~