Emerald eyes || a myg hybrid...

By iamayoonicorn

The soft morning light came to wake you up, pulling you from your sleep. You groaned, eyes still closed as y... More

~Hello Earthlings~
Prologue
Chapter 1 : shameless intruder
Chapter 2 : IT'S A BOY!
Chapter 3 : Expensive streaming platform and Chill
Chapter 4 : beware of best friends, they make you regret life decisions
Chapter 6 : moonlight
Chapter 7 : collar
Chapter 8 : strawberryyyyy
Chapter 9 : cat out of the bag

Chapter 5 : your name

866 29 121
By iamayoonicorn

That Monday, Yeonji had come to work gushing over the way Gaeul's new trim made him look like a cute businessman, shoving an unimaginable number of pictures in your face.

You wondered how she even still had storage in that tiny phone of hers. Her obsession with her small white dog always made you laugh though.

You remember how she used to complain how she felt lonely in her apartment, but was way too much of a cleaning freak and controlative to actually cohabitate with one. Indeed, after she had offered that you move in with her, you had kindly turned her down, giving her a tour of your home instead.

The face she had made when she fell upon the mess that was your apartment was priceless. A little more and she would have ran out of there at full speed.

When it came to house maintenance, you could easily say that you were polar opposites...

Anyhow, after dramatically kneeling down on the floor and bowing repeatedly to show you her gratitude that you weren't moving in with her (weird friends, what do you want), the loneliness problem still wasn't solved.

But the genius you were (Ik Ik we be awesome) had quickly found an answer. You pulled your friend up from the floor and dragged her out of your house onto the streets, not saying a word as Yeonji was moving her free arm all over behind you in confusion. The devilish smirk you had plastered on your face didn't reassure her much, but you kept walking as fast as you could.

Finally, you had abruptly stopped, causing your friend to violently bump into you. She opened her mouth to pour down endless scolds (yes, you were her baby, though technically you were born a few days before her), but no sounds came out. She stayed there, frozen, gaping as the store window.

Behind the shiny glass, a multitude of animals lived their lives, some sleeping, others playing with mates, or looking at you with wagging tails.

"Wanna go in?" you had whispered with a big smile at your friend's expression.

She had soundlessly nodded, drawn to the pet store. You quietly followed behind her, letting her explore the lively store with small animal tweeters and jitters.

Yeonji stopped in front of a small dog, with fluffy snow white fur, and angelic eyes. Her eyes didn't leave its. An inexplicable moment happened between them, as if the time around them had stopped.

"I see you're interested in our little Gaeul here!" the shopkeeper suddenly giggled, popping out of nowhere. "He's a mini poodle. Very well house trained. A true gentleman. He's still a puppy, but should reach his adult height in about 4 months! He's very affectionate, but also a bit possessive."

"I'll take him." Yeonji breathed without a glint of hesitation in her voice, looking up to the shopkeeper, a sparkle behind her eyes.

And that's how it all started between them.

You had never seen a dog and his owner share such a close relationship. As the man said, Gaeul was a true gentleman, who never made a mess in Yeonji's house, and always had an elegant gate.

They were perfect for each other. As the shopkeeper had warned, he was also very possessive of Yeonji, barring his teeth whenever you hugged his owner in front of him, but his tiny size didn't make him very scary, so most times it just made you laugh uncontrollably.

It was undeniable that one couldn't live without the other.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when Yeonji's face replaced her phone, looking at you with big eyes, frowning and pouting.

"You zoned out in front of my precious gentleman! How dare you!"

"I'm so sorry Yeon I didn't mean to!!" you quickly apologized, guilt already hovering over you.

"Yeah sure, just tell me I annoy you with my dog-fangirling!"

"Yeon" you took her hands in yours and looked in her eyes seriously "I love your fangirling. Don't ever change."

You couldn't keep the seriousness more than three seconds though, and burst out laughing instead, throwing yourself on her in a hug. "You adorable lunatic!" you kissed her cheek, squeezing her in your arms.

——-
Yeonji had quickly forgiven you for zoning out, though knowing her, she'd bring up the incident more than once to guilt trip you, that sadistic crazy lovely lovely lovely bich.

The event reminded you that you really needed to find a name for the small cat living with you... But the load of work you had to go through that day didn't leave you much time to brainstorm for names.

Finally though, you came back home, greeted by the familiar feline.

"Hey there! How was your day little one? I was thinking we could find you a name today! What do you think ?"

The cat tilted his head, unsure, but followed you to the couch nevertheless, taking place by you as you crossed your legs and faced him.

"Okay..." you paused, biting your lip deep in thought, two emerald eyes trained on you. "How do you feel about... Snowball?"

Immediately, the two slanted eyes widened in disbelief, and a threatening row of teeth was barred at you.

"Oh gosh! okay okay, please don't kill me you manic... OH WAIT! What do you think of Bandit? You did after steal my precious chicken on our first encounter, and it could suit your black eye patch thingie-"

The cat hissed loudly, completely offended by the apparently ridiculous name.

"Yeeeeeesh calm down you tiny furball..."

You would really have to scratch your head hard if you wanted to stay intact... Another bad name suggestion and you feared to be beheaded by the virulent cat.

"How about... Black pearl? What? You don't find it pretty? Okay wait... Jack Sparrow? OH I KNOW CAT SPARROW!" you screamed excitedly at the poor feline who couldn't bear you and your weird names any longer.

Little did he know it wasn't nearly the end of it...

"Hey dont look at me like that! I am not a lost cause, I refuse you the right to think that of me! Anyhow, back to the task at hand...Whiskers??"

The fur ball didn't have the time to attack you, quickly saying something before he had the chance:

"Right, a bit too common... Blueberry? OH! Nugget? Come ooooon Nugget is so cute! And hey, chickennn, nuggetttt, get it? Stop hissing at me I feel attacked! Not my fault you're a chicken thief! Hmmmm okayy, how 'bout KitKat?? Then Kiwi! What, your eyes are green like a kiwi, close enough! Plus, it has a very cool ring to it! Then Toffee? What do you mean I'm obsessed with food? Food is my greatest love, you should feel honored I'm offering these names!"

You sighed, defeated. At this pace, you would never find a name that would suit him. If only he could talk and pick it himself, that would cut down lots of lost efforts. Foolish non-human speaking picky cat...

"Okay then...Yuki? What do you mean it sounds like yucky? YOU'RE YUCKY! Oh, what about Niki? Isn't that cute? So what if it's the name of a talented ass Japanese baby? It's a very pretty name! Ungrateful child! Pay respect to my Little Michael Jackson!"

You threw your head in your hands, on the verge of giving up. "You're so picky we'll never find you a name" you breathed out in despair.

"Mews...? Nahhh, you might get eaten by a Demogorgon" you laughed by yourself. (All uncultured people that did not get the Strangers Things ref, go change that...now. Don't let poor Yn laugh by herself 😂 )

"How about more normal names... Max? Okay, true, may be a more dog-ish name... Oliver? WHAT NOW? Oliver is cute okay! I like that name!! Hey, if you don't stop that hissing right now I'll call you Fat Watermelon and we'll be over with it 'kay!"

Weirdly enough, that immediately calmed down the white fury, who instantly stopped.

"Why, thank you. Should have said that sooner" you sighed in relief.

The calm let you think in peace, or rather twist and turn your mind in a more quiet and less stressful environment.

Suddenly, a click went off in your head, and you opened your eyes wide open, throwing your hands in front of you and slamming them on the couch, almost flattening the poor cat into a pancake in the process.

"I KNOW! Okay okay, behold..."

You paused dramatically, staring straight at the green pools in front of you, a victorious smile stretching across your face...

——-
Hiellooooo
Wassuuuuup
Nop, not dead just yet 😂 Sorry for the huge hiatus, I  was drowned in work and all that fun stuff. But now I'm baaaack (more or less, may disappear again hehe)

Do any of you have any pets? I'd love to hear about them!!

Are there any Engenes in here? Isn't Gaeul the cutest?! (For those who don't know Enhypen, Gaeul is one of the member's dog, Sunghoon, and Niki is the group's Maknae!! If I may push the promo, their second mini album, BORDER: CARNIVAL, came out not long ago, and let me tell you... genius, legends... in summary: a bop. Ur missing out. Go check it out 😂 )

Have any of you watched "your name"? It's great, highly recommend it!!

What do you think our little's furball name will be? Drop your guesses here :))

Answer shall come soooooooon (or not, we may never know 😂 )(consistency is a word I am not familiar with 😂 )

Anyhow take care! Don't be a silent reader! I'd love to hear from you!! Love you all! Thank you for bearing with me!!💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 1.2K 50
"What are you wearing?" Yoongi said, looking at you up and down with surprise present in his tone. "My outfit!" You said, walking past him deliberat...
128K 6.5K 33
My Husband thought I'm His Roommate, 'Together with Our son.' 💍 They Were Married For 5years, On The way to Fetch His Family From The Park He met A...
249K 8.1K 21
[Completed] Summary: You were looking the night sky in your balcony when a mysterious man fell from above & suddenly kissed you. He then pulled away...
358K 16.2K 41
"You know, you are more of a freak than I thought." "I didn't know I am like that either. Guess I have to blame you for this." "Believe me babygirl t...