A Second Chance (Marco x Fem...

De jen123454321

'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, t... Mais

General info before reading
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Pt.1
Chapter 9 - Pt.2
Chapter 9 - Pt. 3
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N, Quick easter vacay
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Marco's mom
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 (NSFW)
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74 (Finale); The Aftermath...
Reminder for anime-onlys!:)

Chapter 36

1.1K 31 20
De jen123454321

A couple of days later the remainder of your friends were officially assigned to be a part of the Levi Squad together with you and Eren. First order of business was for you all to safeguard Eren and Historia, the squad having to locate yourself at a hideout far from the nearest person for the time being.

"Just you try and steal some food, Sasha, and I'll get Captain Levi to chop you up into nice bite-sized pieces", Jean warned her as the two of them along with you and Armin unloaded the wagon of rations. It would be a while until you could get a hold of more, Jean concerned Sasha would eat a whole week's worth of food in two days... That is very much a real possibility with her in question so you couldn't blame him for worrying. You wiped off your shoes before entering the little cottage you were going to stay in, just about to remind the rest of to do the same when Sasha spoke.

"I won't!", Sasha answered Jean quickly. "Probably...", she then whispered, like you weren't walking right beside her and could hear every word she said.

"Sasha!", you exclaimed, receiving a 'I don't know what you're talking about'-kind of look from her.

"Hey! Did you guys wipe the dust and dirt off your shoes before you came in?!", Eren asked you frantic with a broom clutched in his hands and two pieces of cloth covering his mouth and hair.

"Huh? No we didn't. Can't you see all the stuff we're carrying?", Jean answered him as Eren closed in on you with a rapid speed.

'Oh hell no, this is my cue to leave'

You knew this was going to be yet another dragged out bickering between the two of them and decided to walk over to the rest on the other side of the room.

"Do you seriously think that attitude will satisfy Captain Levi? If I hadn't personally given your sheets hospital corners this morning-", Eren sounded absolutely terrified, and you couldn't help but smirk a little as you started putting away the contents of the crate you were carrying. Sure you understood his fear of disappointing Levi, it was the last thing you'd ever want to do as well, but Eren has always been so eager to earn his respect. It was almost endearing.

"Quit nagging! Who are you, my mom?!", Jean yelled at him now, annoyed out of his mind from Eren's consistent criticism. Mikasa and Historia entered the room with their arms full of firewood.

"We're back", Mikasa simply said, looking at the two of them as they passed.

"Mikasa, you are supposed to rest! Your ribs aren't fully healed yet", Armin said worried as he walked over to them.

"Gotta stay in shape", was all she said, continuing on her merry way further into the room.

"B-but", Armin tried protesting, shutting up when Eren nudged him lightly.

"I've tried to stop her, but she won't listen... I saw her doing sit-ups earlier", he informed him with a sigh, much to the dismay of Jean.

"Wha-, How dare you peep on her?!", he asked Eren disturbed.

"Huh, how's that considered peeping?!", Eren fired back, making you roll your eyes as you put away the empty crate.

'Those two will find a way to make a quarrel out of anything'

"Sasha, you need any help?", you asked, turning around to see her smiling while looking down at the crate in front of her.

"It's almost like we're back in the Cadet Corps", she said content, and you felt a warm feeling spread inside your chest. She's right. It felt like your were back on kitchen duty with your friends, Eren and Jean fighting over who's responsibility it was to peel the potatoes. Oh how you missed those simpler times.

"Yeah... Why do you figure we were chosen for the new Levi Squad, though?", Armin wondered. "Protecting Eren and Historia is such an important mission...". While looking at Armin, you walked over to the main table, where Connie and Marco were helping Sasha unpack the content in her crates.

"Because you guys are reliable, talented and totally aweso-", you abruptly stopped when you caught something in the corner of your eye. "Sasha Blouse...", you said with a serious tone, the abrupt shift in your voice gaining everyone's attention. "What did you just put in your bag?". She straightened her posture, her hand still in her bag as she looked you in the eyes all serious.

"Nothing bread-related", she said in the same tone as you. Armin took a hold of her arm, a shadow-like look overtaking his eyes.

"Oi, give it back", Connie demanded firmly, the rest of your friends walking up to her as well.

"Hey, focus! We gotta finish cleaning before the captain gets back!", Eren tried to reason, his words catching your attention.

"You. haven't. finished...?", you half stated, half asked while looking at him dumfounded. The rest continued bickering with Sasha, only becoming background noise as you focused your attention on Eren, who were looking at you with desperate eyes.

"No! The other's-", he answered you, but you cut him off.

"Eren, I thought you were just doing finishing touches! I literally cleaned the whole second floor as well as the kitchen downstairs... All you, Connie and Marco had to do was clean this room and the bathroom... How in the hell are you not done?!", you scolded him astounded while grabbing a dust rag, frantically scrubbing at the counters.

"It's not my fault! Connie disagreed with my methods, making everything take twice as long as it should have, Marco having to do the bathroom all alone-". The two of you continued arguing as you frantically cleaned while the rest continued trying to make Sasha give back the bread she took- no one but Historia standing by the door noticed him come inside.

The firm but light footsteps added with Eren's nagging voice abruptly shutting up, made your eyes shut close and your body tense up there you sat on the floor, scrubbing the insides of one of the cabinets.

'Well, shit.'

You slowly got up from your spot, Eren looking ready to disappear there he stood right beside him. The room dead silent as he ran his fingers along the underside of the table with a disappointed look. He lifted up his hand in a demonstrative manner, a slight layer of dust covering the tip of his fingers.

'God damn it! He always checks under the surfaces first! I should have prioritized the table!'

"I'm quite sure I gave you enough time", Levi said unimpressed, Eren facepalming as the rest looked at Levi bewildered, not really sure how to go about this. "Anyways... We'll discuss your lax cleaning job another time.", he continued saying, not letting you off the hook that easily. "Eren, Hange is itching to get the experiment started. We leave in ten". Levi cleaned the dust of his fingers with a handkerchief, while the rest of you got ready to leave.

Sasha and Connie were ordered to stay and guard the house, however Levi quickly ordered Marco to stay with them as well after taking one look at your shocked face, realising just who he ordered to stay behind. He didn't trust those two to be alone, so Marco was put in charge. You sighed relieved, happy you would be able to get back to a house that wasn't accidentally burned down of emptied of food.

~

Eren's roars rung out across the empty field after his third transformation. You sat by the edge off a cliff beside Moblit, looking down at him while you documented what happened in each of you notebooks. Jean and Mikasa were on horseback down by Eren, while Hange, Levi, Armin and Historia observed from the top of the cliff as well.

The first two transformations seemed normal enough, this time however, something was off with Eren's titan. You compared this sketch with the earlier ones, noticing Eren looking thinner and more fragile than before.

"You noticed this?", you asked Moblit quietly, pointing out the differences. He nodded, showing you his sketches which implied the exact same thing. As Eren roared, his body collapsed to the ground in a tired manner. Your eyes widened.

"What's wrong eren?! Get up!", Hange yelled down to him confused. "The future of humanity is riding on you! Get up dammit!". You and Moblit both looked at her like she had lost it.

"Hey, four-eyes. He's not quite the same this time. He's not even 10 metres, and some of his body doesn't have muscle.", Levi told her calm. You looked from him, down to your notes.

'Levi noticed as well huh... What could this mean?'

"Plus, Eren's ass is hanging out", he added, and you focused your eyes on the titans nape. Low and behold, only Eren's head, arms and shoulders were inside the titan, the rest of him hanging limp out on its back. You quickly drew it in and scribbled it down.

'Seems he's not able to produce enough muscle and mass to cover his whole body if he's worn out'

"I can see that!", Hange exclaimed, waiving around with her blades in her hands. "Eren! Can you still move?!". No response. You started getting worried about him now.

'Is he okay?'

You and Moblit both got up from the ground, preparing to help out if you were needed.

"Eren!", Mikasa exclaimed, jumping off her horse, despite Jean protesting.

"Oi, that gloomy brat is acting on her own again", Levi said as you watched Mikasa close in on him. "Time to think up a punishment?", he thought out loud. You understood Mikasa's worries so you weren't really keen on her receiving any punishments for watching out for him, but she needs to learn some boundaries. Eren's titan form can be unreliable, one can never know when he might lose control... Better to be safe than sorry.

"No, there's no signal... We're done here!", Hange decided, quickly jumping down the cliffside using her gear, Moblit going straight after her. You walked over to stand beside Levi, both eyeing the frantic scene unfolding down below. Hange pulled Eren out of there with the help of Mikasa, Moblit ready with his notebook. Your eyes widened and you gripped a hold of Levi's arm.

"Levi... His face...!", you whispered shocked once she tore off the tendons that had clung to his flesh. Hange went into a frenzy, squealing at Moblit, telling him to hurry up and sketch it. The tendons had basically torn Eren's face clean off, the shape of his head and tongue formed into the same shape as his titan form. It was a terrifying sight. Levi sensed your worry in the way your grip on his arm tightened, and hesitantly placed a light hand on top of yours while still looking down at them.

"Section Commander! Are you lacking in human compassion?!", Moblit asked her disturbed. Hange seemed to snap out of it, looking guilty and ashamed.

"Sorry, I got carried away...", she apologised, looking at the limp Eren in her arms.

"Looks like we've got a long road ahead before we can use the titan hardening ability to seal the wall...", Levi said in a low voice. Armin walked over to stand by Levi's other side.

"Yes... I knew we'd be grasping at straws from the start", he told Levi.

"Strategically, it's not a bad plan. Instead of lugging tons of supplies, all we need is to get Eren there. Whether or not we're grasping at straws... all depends on Eren", Levi stated.

"I believe in him. He can do it!", you said determined, noticing Levi eyeing you with an expression you couldn't quite read in the corner of your eyes.

~

"Eren! You should still be in bed!", Mikasa said worried. You and Connie looked up from where your were standing, peeling potatoes. Eren had entered the room, looking tired but healthier.

It was now two after the experiments on Eren and you along with Connie, Mikasa and Historia were on meal-prep duty, Connie and Mikasa scheduled to switch posts with Jean and Marco in not too long.

"I have already rested for a whole day, I'm fine", Eren answered her with a lazy and beat down tone, walking over to stand beside you.

'What a weird mood, wonder what caused it this time'

"Besides, it's my fault the strategy for retaking Wall Maria got shelved", he then added, grabbing a carrot and a knife, starting to peel it.

'Ah, there we have it'

You wished he would stop taking the blame for everything. Putting everything on his shoulders to bear alone can't be nothing but bad for him.

"It's not your fault", Mikasa quickly said firm.

"She's right you know, the strategy relied on you figuring out how to do something no one is even close to know anything about. We've only seen them harden, never gotten it explained, so you can't be expected to just all of a sudden know how it works", you agreed, still looking down at your potato.

"Yeah, don't worry about it... All I care about is getting a chance to fight that Beast Titan...", Connie said, making you look over at him. "Whatever that damn ape is, I'll never forgive it". His hands were slightly shaking now as he tried continuing peeling his potato. You felt your heart sink for him, his goal very much reminding you of your own. You reached out with one hand and placed it on top of both of his shaking hands, giving him a reassuring smile telling him you were with him on that. He gave you a small appreciative smile in return.

"It's about time to switch lookouts. Mikasa?". Connie changed the subject, looking at her. She followed him out, leaving the three of you alone for a while before Marco and Jean would join you.

"Must be nice... You guys and the others. You have goals in mind, even though they won't be easy", Historia suddenly spoke, you and Eren turning to face her confused. "But me, now that Ymir is gone... I don't even know what I want...".

'Poor Historia... She lost someone who was just as important to her like Marco is for me...'

"Don't you want to save Ymir though?", Eren asked her.

"Yeah, but back then, I couldn't believe what she did... Though it's true I wanted to save her. But now I'm thinking differently. Ymir chose her own path in life. I have no right to change that... and no need to", she said, still looking down at the stirring pot in front of her.

"Finally, you're talking again", Eren said content, making you smile a little.

"Huh?", she asked, finally turning around to face you.

"Yeah, you've been very quiet and reserved ever since we got here, not even smiling once since you told us about your past", you chimed in.

Historia told you everything about her past. That she was the result of an affair between Rod Reiss and one of his servants- her mom, and that her mom resented her, her entire upbringing. One day Rod Reiss came to retrieve her, but the Interior MP's interfered, being sent there to kill her and her mom. Rod Reiss opted for her to be spared that day, deciding she would take on a new identity and join the Survey Corps, hopefully resulting in her being eaten by a titan. Marco also finally opened up about what happened to him in Trost, sending chills down everybody's spines. Your initial reaction were tears, but it soon turned into anger the further he went on with the story. You didn't know you could hate Reiner and Bertholdt any more than you already did, Marco telling you about how they stripped him of his gear and left him to be eaten while they watched, tipping you over the edge. You were not the only one, Jean turning just as furious as you. The intensity of your hatred for them after learning about this actually made you pick up you gear and walk to the door, prepared seek out and find them right then and there out of pure anger. Of course when you were hastily and firmly stopped and then snapped out of it, you realised you wouldn't have stood a chance just barging out alone like that. You almost felt embarrassed for reacting that way, but relaxed as they didn't look at you in a judging way. Hell, Jean was ready to join you, already gotten a hold of his blades and everything, however sneakily putting them back once the others stopped you before anyone could even notice he had gotten them. Marco ended it all with apologising for keeping quiet about it, knowing it was valuable and vital information for the military, however he was excused by non-other than Levi himself. He understood he did it out of fear of his own life and the lives of the ones around him, Levi recalling the way Reiner almost killed you during training after giving Marco one look. No one was to blame other than the culprits themselves.

"Because it's a pain", she simply answered the both of you. "Sorry. That good-girl Crista who was nice to everyone is gone now", she told you, looking both of you in the eyes one after the other.

"Nah, I think it's better this way", Eren told her. Historia looked genuinely taken aback.

"Yeah, before it kind of felt like you always put on a facade, never really doing or saying what you actually wanted to", you agreed light-hearted with a small smile.

"It was so forced and unnatural, it made me sick", Eren then said, which made you give him a confused and dissatisfied look.

'Like we get what you mean, but way to make her feel bad about it!'

"I see...", Historia said quietly, looking down. Eren seemed to understand the bluntness of his words after seeing your expression followed by Historia's reaction.

"B-but, the 'you' right now is pretty normal", he quickly added, giving her a content expression. "A stupidly honest, but normal girl". These words seemed to connect with Historia better than the last. "Anyways, you have plenty of time to think about Ymir. In a lot of ways... I.... Wait a minute, wasn't that-", Eren started saying, confusing the hell out of you, but before he could finish, Sasha's voice boomed out into the house.

"Hange and the others arrived! Come quickly!". The three of you immediately left the room to meet up with the rest in the living room.

"Huh? What was that?", you heard Levi ask Hange once you entered the room. She must have said something shocking, because Levi rarely ever needs people to repeat themselves unless they said something so crazy that it's almost unbelievable.

"He's dead.. Pastor Nick. He was murdered", she repeated, you now hearing it for the first time. Eyes widened as you looked at her serious expression.

'Wait, what, who would kill him?'

"This morning, in the Trost District barracks. Me and Moblit went to talk to him, only to be stopped by First Interior Squad members of all things...", she said, and you knew exactly what she was thinking.

~

"There is no way they would send such high rank MP's all the way from Mitras down here in Trost for a simple robbery...", you said accusingly, furrowing your brows while serving everyone a cup of freshly brewed tea as they were seated by the table as well as the sofa. It was six o'clock, not even this meeting could surpass the importance of tea at this hour. Hange nodded, implying your thoughts were aligned. If the situation weren't as serious as it is, she would have gone on about how proud she is of your wits and how quick you've learned to think like her, but now wasn't the time. You took your usual seat by the table, between Levi and Marco, and started sipping your tea.

"Djel Sannes, the man who stopped us; all the skin on his fist was split. Nick was tortured by the Interior Military Police, and then murdered... I figured the Church would want to deal with Nick since he was cooperating with the Scouts. That's why I hid his identity and had him stay in the barracks, but to think they would use soldiers to kill him...". Everyone looked sad and confused. Nick really was a valuable ally and a good man once he came to his senses... He didn't deserve this. "I was too careless. It's entirely my fault", Hange added grim, looking down. No one really said anything, Levi's quiet slurping of the tea was the only noise that could be heard. Armin was the one to break the painful silence.

"The military Police... Did they torture Pastor Nick just to find out what information he spilled to us?", he asked, as to get his understanding of this confirmed.

"Most likely. But it was the Interior Military Police, which means there's something more behind it", Levi answered him. "So, how many nails did Nick have ripped off?", Levi suddenly asked Hange, the content of the question catching you off guard.

"Oh, uh, I only caught a glimpse of him, but all the nails that I could see was ripped off", Hange recalled truthfully.

"People that talk, talk after one. If they don't, peeling more won't make a difference.", Levi said, everyone's eyes widening in realisation.

"He didn't talk then...", Marco said quietly. "If all his nails were torn off, he didn't say anything...".

"Yeah...Pastor Nick... I thought he was an idiot, but he didn't turn away from what he believed, all the way till the end", levi agreed, moving his cup in circle formations with his hand. "In other words, they have no idea we've caught wind of the Reiss family.", Levi said and looked at Historia. "Though, this also means someone in the government is up to no good, and their eyes are fixed on us...". Nifa suddenly barged in through the door, handing Levi a note.

"This is from Erwin. I received it after informing him about Pastor Nick's death", she explained, Levi reading the note intently before abruptly standing up.

"Everyone! We leave now! Leave no trace that we have been here at all!", he said in a hurried and commanding tone. You were all confused, but you're long past freezing up and doing nothing when receiving an order like this, so you all quickly got to work, packing up everything without asking questions and leaving the house exactly how you found it when you got here a week ago.

Apparently you received the note in the nick of time, because as soon as you had left, now standing on top of a hill a good distance away, you watched as MP's barged in through the front doors with rifles.

"That was close...", Connie said amazed and terrified at the same time. "If we hadn't left right then, what would have happened to us?". You didn't even want to think about it after learning about what happened to Nick.

"But why? What would make Commander Erwin send...", Armin started asking, too shocked to even pay attention to Connie's words.

"New orders came from the government. There's been a freeze on all Scout Regiment activity outside the wall. They are telling us to hand in Eren and Historia", Levi answered him serious, much to the worry of the rest of you.

"By the way, right after he gave me the message... the Military Police came for him too...", Nifa informed you. You couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"They are treating us and him like some sort of criminals!", you exclaimed in distaste. What the hell was going on. Marco grabbed your hand reassuringly, both of you still looking up at the rest.

"Someone's not working from the shadows anymore. They're moving for all eyes to see", Levi said, looking over at Hange now.

"To go that far to protect the wall's secrets... What's more, why do they want us to hand over Eren and Historia? Not to kill, but to obtain?", Hange wondered out loud.

"Who knows? Anyways, it's clear that the enemy is after these two. Loitering around here is dangerous... We're moving her and Eren to Trost District", Levi decided, Hange's squad looking confused by his call of action.

"Why? That's the same place Nick was killed.", Moblit asked him.

"It's worse to head towards the interior. With Trost in a panic, it should be easy to slip in. And if somehow it comes down to it, we can use these in the city", Levi said, moving his cloak a little to the left to reveal his gear hidden under it. "Plus, not knowing the enemy puts us in a tough spot. We need to find out who's behind this. Hange, lend me some of your squad", levi asked and Hange agreed.

"All right, I'm going after Erwin", Hange said after thinking to herself for a bit. "Moblit's with me, the rest of you will follow Levi", she then ordered, and started walking.

"Hange!", Eren suddenly called out. "Here. I remembered a conversation between Ymir and Bertholdt. Didn't get the time to tell you, but it's here", he said, handing her a note. Hange took it with a promise to look over it later, ascending her horse and riding off with Moblit.

The sun was setting and the rest of you were quick to move. You pulled on the hood of your grey woollen cloak, walking in the shadows of the night alongside your squad towards Trost District.

______________________________

A/N:

And with that we kick off season 3, part 1! I love the part where we get to see them just be together and have a bit of fun like they used to, so I hope I did it justice in this chapter!:)

Thanks for reading and have a great day!<3

~Jen

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

161 8 7
You're a 16 year old girl living a simple life in the suburbs. Life seemed pretty difficult at the time, given your mother recently disappeared and y...
999K 28K 86
Suns had always been known to be the brightest light, but anyone whose ever met one particular girl would know her smile conquered all. She loved and...
318 15 7
F/n, Smith a student who is almost perfect, a student whose grade is worth it of straight A's, A student that is strong, both physically and mental...
6.6K 183 31
"Everyone changes." This year you moved to Paradis. It was your year to start over. Once you've got settled into Paradis University with your roommat...