The Cursed Relic

By AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... More

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 9

4.6K 238 58
By AvaFics

~*~

''Once again, the gods...just pitied the incarnation of Siltheur himself.''

-

End of Flashback..

-

Rosh looked at the small box he had in his palm. He tried to do an experiment and tried to absorb the energy.

The nexus pendant, naturally, fought his dark magic.

''Really stubborn.''

Lifting his right hand, he pondered on how to use the Siltheur's emblem.

Thinking for a while, Rosh sighed without finding any ideas on how to activate the ring's power.

''This is complicated. How am I supposed to absorb the energy if I don't even know how to use this..?''

Suddenly, the ring's gem glowed a faint light.

In Rosh's eyes, he could see the mana inside the necklace go through the sealing spell and went directly to the ring.

His body felt a bit stronger, but not as much because the ring only sucked a small amount of mana from the necklace.

Rosh thought that something was kind of strange about the ring. Did it just hear his plea?

''You..could understand what I want.''

The ring immediately glowed again, as if it was responding to his words.

''I see. That makes things easier for me.''

Smiling his victory, Rosh proceeded in owning the nexus pendant's energy once again.

Letting the ring face with the necklace, Rosh ordered.

''Eat.''

At one second, Rosh's body changed. His body felt lighter, stronger, and faster.

His senses felt sharper as if he could hear the slightest sound and see the smallest things from afar. His mana ran through his veins causing his pulses to double in speed.

The nexus pendant made his mana capacity wider.

In this world, mana capacity is as important as hands for a blessed noble. If your mana capacity is small, you will be deemed useless and disgraceful like a disfigured person.

A person's mana starts with an amount that depends on how strong one's blessing is. But, as times passed, mana could become stronger, hence, nobles don't care whether your mana is big or small if you are newly blessed.

The larger one's mana capacity is, the more and the longer one could use his or her magic.

Rosh himself was gifted with ginormous mana capacity in his past life. But, Josh was more than that.

That's why Rosh wanted to enlarge his mana before Josh overcomes his current level of power.

Now, with the help of the nexus pendant, his mana capacity just expanded twice as much as his current mana. It was a succes.

He was brimming with power.

Clenching his fist, Rosh grinned in delight. He finally got something that could be his first step to victory.

''Finally. Wait for me, Josh. I'll happily crush you in the end.'' He muttered.

-

*

The first young master of the Razons just lived his daily routine as usual.

Waking up early then secretly practices swordsmanship and combat. Then eats breakfast, read books, eat lunch, practice magic, eat dinner, then sleep.

In the next three days, Rosh continued his life silently and constantly waiting for the magic stones he have ordered from Cresche Emporium.

He have bought quite a lot so it took time for them to deliver everything. Rosh ordered the servants to put all of the stones in his room.

Looking at the stacked cases of stones, Rosh looked satisfied.

It was only a matter of time before his useless and lazy tutor comes back from a bit of a vacation.

So, he have to hurry up and improve his magic, physique and skills before his schedule fills up. Especially when their debut is coming up in the next few months.

Diego Jyulde (hyul-de), Rosh's personal tutor, was a young scholar in his mid-20's. He had bright brown hair and yellow eyes. A lazy bum that always leaves Rosh to take a nap.

Rosh neither liked nor hated him in both his past life and his current one.

Diego might be a bit of a slacker, but if he gets serious, his teaching skills in both intel and practical education is worth his wasted time of sleeping.

When Rosh was finally left alone in his room, he bawled his right fist where the Siltheur's emblem resides.

''Let's eat some power.''

Using his magic, Rosh called two dark shadows at the same time.

The dark shadows kneeled in one knee and bowed their heads to him.

''Open up every single box and put them on my bed.'' He ordered.

Without hesitation, the shadows stood up and carried the small boxes and carefully opened them up.

Rosh have longed dismissed Yves for the day so she would only disturb him when he calls.

Narrowing his eyes at the pile of mana stones, Rosh saw the magic power that he missed seeing a few days ago.

He took a deep breath before using the Siltheur's emblem to take all of the energy he could get.

''Don't hold back. Take them all.'' He said.

The ring brightened, a sign that it just took a very large amount of mana at the same time.

The flowing energy continuously went to the ring that connects to Rosh's body and soul. Slowly, the mana stones disintegrated into dust one by one.

Not for long, every single stone that Rosh bought disappeared without trace.

Unlike the time he absorbed the nexus pendant, the stones have a specific variety of parts one stone could magnify.

With all the assorted stones the Siltheur's emblem absorbed, Rosh also got augemented in every specific parts of his individuality.

His physique changed, causing him to have abs and a few muscles. His magic became stronger that he could now use the power of darkness continuously for 2 days straight.

His strength, vitality, dexterity and agility ridiculously ameliorated.

Rosh also got his mentality affected, in a good way of course. His mind and memories sharpened. And his mental and emotional power increased too.

After a while, the ring finally stopped glowing, Rosh knew that it was done absorbing mana.

The stones are all gone, now the boxes are the only ones left.

''Hugo, Yves.''

The room's door opened and both his maid and personal knight went inside.

''You called us, young master?'' They said in sinc.

''Ah yes, I was wondering if you could take away all the boxes now?'' Rosh said with a tone of someone making a small request.

The two adults was confused of how the boxes were all opened and how the stones disappeared. What just happened an hour ago?

And it was strange for them. Their young master seemed the same but also different. Did he get tall or something?

Despite their curiosities, they still followed the young man's orders and tidied the room.

In a few minutes, Rosh's room was once again cleaned. The stone boxes were now disposed of by Hugo and Yves.

''Thank you, you can leave now. I want to rest.'' Rosh said and sat down near his balcony where his mini table was.

''Yes, young master.'' The two young adults said and left.

***

At the main wing of the Razon Manor, a young woman strided through the dimmed empty halls of the mansion.

The female stopped infront of a door and looked at the guard.

''Master called me here.'' She said in a low voice.

''Understood.'' The guard opened the door for the woman.

She walked in slowly as the guard also shut the door behind her. The woman encountered an old man in his 50's wearing a clean butler suit.

The woman bowed a bit and the butled did the same.

Her body then faced a man with black hair and red eyes sitting on his chair while checking some documents.

''I have come for my report, M'lord.''

The man's cold eyes looked at her and said. ''Speak.''

''The young master did his daily routine as usual and recieved his orders from Cresche Emporium earlier. He have then dismissed us for he wanted to rest.''

''Is that it?''

''That's..well..''

''Speak what's on your mind.'' The man commanded.

''Yes. The young master have been acting weird eversince his disappearance for a few hours last week.''

''Acting weird? What did that brat do?''

''The truth about my suspicion is that he went to the city and bought such things, Master. The first young master was usually aloof and quiet, yet he made an effort in going out and bought mana stones without definite explanation. His reasons of seeing the stones as merely beautiful is suspicious.'' The woman explained.

''Suspicious? Are you saying that my stupid seven year old son have learned about our matters? What nonsense.''

''Master, these facts are——''

''Enough with useless crap. Those things are impossible whenever you see it. Continue with your reports, tell me everything you can as long as it is related on finding him a strong weakness. Josh must become the rightful heir instead of that unfilial child.''

''I will follow your orders, Master Jeremiah.''

''Leave...Yves.''

''Yes. I shall take my leave.'' Yves said.

She bowed once again before turning her back and left the room.

Jeremiah del Razon stared at the door with a cold yet confused gaze with the thought of his first son to be aware of their monitoring.

''There's no way..''

The duke just sighed and shoved off those thoughts behind his mind.

But..

Unknown to their knowledge, a human figure is hiding in the shadows near the window of the duke's study.

And it heard everything.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5M 140K 39
She - Innocent, shy, clumsy, naΓ―ve 19 year old beautiful girl who's trying to face the challenges life is throwing at her. With no parents besides he...
16.7K 340 57
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...
516K 31.3K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
MATES By ~MK

Werewolf

406K 19.4K 46
Two Brothers...One Girl...One Choice Who would you choose? ~ "How Dare You?" I shoved him until he was pressed up against our sliding glass door "...