JODHA AKBAR (On Hold)

sriharika43 द्वारा

what happens when two personas with opposite attitude are joined for a life time.... अधिक

jodha akbar-heart's apart
chapter 1
chapter 2
CHAPTER 3(a)
chapter 3(b)
authors note
CHAPTER 4
chapter 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
chapter 9(b)
A/N
chapter 10
11
Part 12
note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Part-19

Part 20

1K 37 14
sriharika43 द्वारा

Jodha prepared herself for the worst, considering the threat on the life of her life – her husband. She'd be a fool to sit and cry when she has the chance of protecting the Emperor. 'Why would the almighty target only her life to play with' she mused. Because, at the time, when she hated the emperor, she was forced to marry him, destining him for her life. Later, when she loved him, with all her being, she was forced out of his life. And now, when she is somehow gathered herself, her husband is back to woo her with all his might. She is somehow convinced that his love is just a by-product of his guilt. But if he chooses to continue his efforts, then how much she may ever deny, she is going to melt in his arms. She chided herself for being so weak in front of her emotions. She may show herself as emotionless, but the inner storm she is putting herself through is invisible. She may not be a part of his life anymore, but she is going to protect him, even if it costs her life.

She chooses to restrict her tears only till her eyes. No more crying. She is strong. She is a soldier. She is an Empress. She is a wife. A Rajputani wife of a Mughal husband. She is going to fight. Pushing all the depressing thoughts, to the back of her head. She decked herself in the costume of ameri soldier she secretly ordered for herself through Vijay Singh. Adorning her face with moustache and lightly dusting a powder to hide her alabaster cheeks, she was ready to sneak out from the palace. Jodha straightened her posture. She tightened the cloth around her breasts to hide her feminine nature from the world. If Emperor was king of disguise, then she was no less. She is Queen of Disguise. She had many talents hidden from the eyes of the world, which would come out at the time of need, just as now. Just like now. From her childhood, Jodha mastered several arts, which are less significant but more valuable. One of such being the 'master of disguise'. Master of Disguise is an art which is taught to the princes who are considered to be the best by the Gurus. However Princess Jodha due to her fierce nature and outstanding beauty caught the eye of the guru. Jodha was taught the art due to two reasons. One being her excellent skills, the other being her beauty. Guru of Jodha always knew she would be an excellent empress and a calculative administrator. Hence, she needs to master the art which would be very much helpful in future. Along with that Princess Jodha was considered to be a rare beauty that would captivate any red blooded male. Hence at the time of need she should be able to conceal her true self from the prying eyes of the world. Hence, the princess was taught the art, which she mastered it with ease rendering the master speechless as well as proud.

Jodha gestured Vijay Singh to distract the soldiers so that she could get pass through them. Understanding the sign, Vijay Singh distracted all the soldiers, and within a blink Jodha mingled with them. Vijay Singh being the head soldier started commanding them saying,

"Krishna tum anuj aur amar ko lekar us taraf dekho, humein lagta hein ki waha pe koi hain" (Krishna, you along with anuj and amar, go and see there. Because I think some is hidden in that area spying us). As the soldiers left, Jodha gestured Vijay Singh to continue with her plan.

Vijay Singh : "Aur tum badal, yaha kya khade ho, jao aur dusri taraf dhekho" (And you Badal, why are you standing here?, go and check who is on that side) saying so , Vijay Singh gestured Badal aka Jodha. Picking up the hint she immediately turned to leave. Being house arrested turned to be an advantage to Jodha. Because, none apart from the emperor, has the right to visit her. Hence she doesn't need a replacement of herself when she is out of palace. However when it comes to the chance of her husband visiting her, the chances are almost zero. Because Emperor, at this particular part of the day prefers complete solitude. It was, as if he is having his own personal time. With these thoughts she turned towards the way that leads to the guest chambers. Ameri fort is considered to be a great piece of work in terms of architecture. What people knew is only the beauty. But there are certain secrets buried within the walls, which can lead a person from one corner to other corner of the palace. Those secrets buried within the walls are the secret passages. Only a certain privileged people knew about the secret passages. Jodha is one of them. She is heading towards one such secret passage which led her straight to the place where shiv mandir is situated. She is passing by the guest chambers, when a familiarly masculine voice stopped her.

'Suno'

Her heart skipped a beat listening to the voice. She gingerly turned around to face the ever-charming emperor, who happens to be her husband. She stubbornly kept her chin down and bowed before emperor. 'Be cool, Be cool' she thought to herself as an attempt to ebb away her budding nervousness. 'Pranam shehenshah' she greeted the emperor in a thick voice straight opposite to her original sweet one.

Jalaluddin Mohammad is known for sharp eyes and tactical mind. He is first a trained soldier, later a king. Many people underestimate him just because he is illiterate. True to the fact he is illiterate, but not uneducated. It is frequently said that when 'god deprives us from having something in life, then he compensates it with something which is more precious'.

Thought emperor never had the privilege of studying, he is bestowed with a great grasping power. He can easily memorize anything and everything he sees for once. Just while he was strolling, he saw a soldier pass through. The soldier seemed young with a petite frame, but something seemed different about him. The confidence, with which the young man is walking, as if he owns the place, seemed out of the box. The regal aura possessed by a young soldier is something different which he could not seem to point out. Jalaluddin Mohammad loved mysteries. And this particular young man seemed to be a mystery to him. Hence he took it upon himself to solve the mystery and commanded the soldier to step forward.

The hesitance in his body posture along with his gruff voice which seemed to be unreal, confirmed his doubt a bit more. The voice seemed as if he is trying to hide his original self. Hence he commanded further saying,

'Hamare sath aao'. (Come with me)

The emperor smirked at the tensed figure in front of him. 'This is going to be interesting' he mused to himself.

Jodha who is just about to have a sigh of relief, did against it and held her breath after listening to the emperor's command. 'Hey Kanha, why always me?' She complained to her favourite friend mentally. She decided to get out of this situation as soon as possible, as there are more pressing matters at present, than admiring her husband. She needs to keep her cool. And stepped forward controlling her nervousness saying

'Ji Shehensha'

Jalal smirked and led the young chap into the chamber. He knew many conspiracies are going behind his back in the Amer palace. Sometimes the biggest of conspiracies are hacked using the smallest loop holes. The young soldier who is getting nervous just by hearing his voice could be one those loop holes using which, he can hack one of the many conspiracies in the palace. This was Jalal's thought. So instead of waiting for the mystery to unravel itself, he tried to offer himself as easy bait. The hunter should always be careful while hunting the prey which is willingly surrendering itself. Because, it may be a trap which could easily take the hunters life. And the prey may not be that weak as it portrays to be. Hence Jalal thought of giving an opportunity to the young soldier. If killing the emperor is all the young man wants, then Jalal is ready to give him a chance.

Relaxing in the divan regally, Jalal gestured the young chap to come forward.

'Naam kya hain tumhara?' (what's your name?) Jalal questioned

'Badal, jahapana'. (I'm Badal, my king.) the young soldier answered.

'Hmm kafi acha naam hai tumhara'. Jalal praised

'Dhanyawaad shehenshah'. Badal thanked.

While Jalal was toying with, whom he thought was a meek soldier, Jodha started getting nervous and suffocated under emperor's scrutinizing gaze. Her anxiety is at its best for many reasons like, getting news that of somebody planning for emperor's assassination, her duty to protect him etc. But her husband is hell bent on playing with her, aka the young soldier, simply to pass his time. She started cursing her fate which is not in her favour. But what she missed is the smirk on emperor's.

Emperor found playing with badal, as the young soldier addressed himself, quite amusing. He is somewhere having the same pleasure, he used to get when teased his wife, Jodha. The striking similarities between the aura and personalities of Badal and Jodha, probed him more to know about the young soldier. Hence, he ordered badal, which made sure to knock the air out of the Badal aka Jodha's lungs.

'I feel that my body is quite rigid and tense, so to loosen it up, start massaging my shoulders and neck.'

Jodha started freaking out. Hey Kanha, what to do now?

'The sooner the better' mused jodha and with tentative steps approached towards her king.

Jalal felt it a bit weird when, the soldier whom he thought was going to assassinate him, hesitated in even touching him. Shouldn't he be rejoicing that emperor proved to be an easy bait. Something is missing.

'Let's see what this little guy is up to' thinking so, Jalal gestured Badal aka jodha to come forward. 'Remove it' he authoritatively said, pointing towards his tunic.

'Hey kanha' Jodha's breadth whooshed out in a second. 'Why is emperor hell bent on toying with her' being irritated and rendered helpless by the situation, Jodha decided to get done with. She has matters concerning to someone's life to be dealt with. Taking hesitant steps she moved forward towards him.

'why are you so much scared, are you here to kill me?' Jalal questioned badal smirking.

Jodha froze hearing to such question from her king. This question brought back all the bitter memories of their separation and cause for such separation. Her eyes turned misty.

Jalal felt a tug at his heart looking at the young man in front of him. His pain is raw and naked. He suddenly felt guilty for speaking in such a way. 'Why is he so much concerned about me?' he thought. But closely looking at his face, Jalal felt as if he is looking at Mansingh, Jodha's nephew. New questions rose in the emperor's mind regarding the mysterious identity of 'Badal'.

'My king, I don't harm my family. I mean, I am a loyal servant to the royal family. Being born and brought up here, this palace is my second home and the royal family is like a second family. And my king, you are son-in-law of my family. I would give up my life in protecting your life rather than thought of killing you' Jodha uttered in a painful tone controlling her tears.

Jalal felt himself soften at the confession and pain of badal. His mind probed him to console this kid. But when is Jalal good at consoling. Hence he did the only thing which he is good at, gifting.

Jodha with shivering hands approached to open the knot of his tunic. Suddenly Jalal stopped her hand. She panicked, thinking whether her façade blew off. Gathering her courage, she met the eyes of her king. Looking straight into her eyes, Jalal took of his topaz ring and kept it in Badal's hand. Badal hesitated to take the ring, observing which Jalal commented saying

'Your honesty earned it. Never hesitating in accepting the rewards of your hard work'

Jodha took the ring ecstatically and bestowed Jalal with one of her innocent smiles. Irony, even after being rajputani princess and Mughal queen and possessing so many rare valuables, Jodha never felt their value. But her husband's ring felt as if it is the most precious thing in the world. Call her foolish, but this is the first time Jalal gifted her wholeheartedly, though indirectly. While Jodha was lost in her musings, Jalal was shocked realizing the fact as to why this young man looked like Mansingh. He realised the fact that Badal was none other than his Jodha. How could he not realize, that none spoke to him looking straight at his eye. His eyes turned misty looking at innocent joy on her face, just because he gifted her something. How innocent, naïve just like a small child, who forgets everything around him just at the sight of a new toy. He smiled tenderly and thought of her. He decided to use the opportunity to the full. He smirked looking at her.

'Achi lagi?' he asked smirking. (Did you like it?)

Jodha realized her folly and tried to cover up immediately 'Ji shehenshah. Mujhe maaf kijiye, thoda behak gayi thi' her cheeks turned pink with blush (Yes my king. I'm sorry that I zoned out)

'No problem, now come and massage my shoulders' saying so, Jalal reminded her  of the original task in her hand.

Jodha's nervousness came back with full swing. Absent minded she wore the topaz ring and quickly proceeded further. Lowering her eyes she removed the knot of his tunic and bent forward to remove it. Jalal was intensely looking at her making her squirm at her place. To escape his gaze she turned and went towards his back, with shivering hands she started kneading his shoulders as of to take away his discomfort. Jalal breadth turned erratic. It took every bit of control to not pounce on her. Closing eyes, he just started concentrating on the feel of her soft hands. Relaxing his body poster he leaned back, and coincidentally his head rested against her bosom. He dived further into her, completely letting his guards down. Jodha just forget every other thing around her. Now she is not badal, not a Mughal queen, not a Rajputani Princess just a normal wife, basking in the warmth of her small world. This consists only her and her king. Her hands left his shoulders and went towards his soft browny locks. Her magical hands waved off all his the stress from his mind. It almost put him to lull. Jalal with closed eyes spoke

'Your touch reminds me of someone who is close to my heart. In fact she is possessor of my heart'

Jodha immediately snapped out of her trance. She clumsily stepped back, took her hands off him and uttered

'I beg your pardon my king. My shift is done for the day. I need to leave. Subhratri' Jalal nodded deciding not to trouble her further.

Jodha immediately scurried off, to meet the person waiting for her.

Hope you have enjoyed the update.

I apologize for not updating these many months. I was mentally in chaos losing two important persons of my life, in the hands of COVID. Guys please stay positive and strong. Being optimistic is the only solace in this situation. Stay home and stay safe guys. Because, I personally know the pain of losing my loved ones.

Thank you

- Sri harika

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

730 181 10
• An Eternity Of Love • .•☆ If you hear something that you haven't felt, it doesn't mean t...
32.3K 1.2K 14
"𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐, 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈...
DESTINED Parkkim23 द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

1.5K 75 37
Love is different for everyone...let's see what happens when two hopeless romantic best friends find their forever wala love.
51.5K 1K 36
We all know that we can't change the people around us, we can't change their attitudes, minds, behaviors, and acts, but what will happen if love will...