The Missing Piece: Son of the...

By mariaellez

Warning - story contains discipline by parents to children Book 3 of the Daughter of the Game series is here... More

My New Life
Put the Plan in Motion
The Set Up
Didn't See That Coming
Fireworks
The Sunshine State
Reunited
Deceit
Unsettled
Wild For The Night
Let's Face It
Moving On
Change of Plans
The Unthinkable
Tough Love
Numb
Ticking Time Bomb
Shell Shocked
Heart to Heart
Baby On Board
Close Call
Change of Plans
Insecure
Butting Heads
Over the Limit
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
Just Maybe
Bumpy Start
Hiding
Reassurance
Never Alone
Road Trip
Sneaky, Sneaky
Know Your Role
Better Off Alone
All Hands On Deck
Rumble
Tag Team
Always Something
The Aftermath
Game Plan
Take a Hint
Slip Up
No Back Talk
Under Attack
In House
Punching Bag
One Last Try
Birthday Boy
Birthday Surprise
Birthday Trouble
Blow Out the Candles
Let's Move On
Big Brother
Dust Settled
Unpredictable
Mission Accomplished
Damsels in Distress
No More Secrets
New Rules
My Way
My Time Is Now
Baby Sister
Silent Treatment
Root of the Issue
An Understanding
Nightmares
Lesson Unlearned
Not Again
Trouble Always Finds Me
Burn Out
World Stop
Different Type of Time
Every Action Has a Reaction
Fall Back
Manic Monday
It's A...!
Made It (Epilogue)
Sequel

Diesel

817 24 23
By mariaellez

|Izzy's POV|

I'd be lying if I said that the beginning of my pregnancy hasn't been difficult. I was scared when I found out. Even more afraid to tell my parents and Tyler. Everyone has been supportive and I really do appreciate it. At first I was fighting it, but I know my family wants what's best. Tyler headed back to Texas and told his parents. His mom called me and they even came into town to meet my parents. I talk to her every other day now and Tyler's dad checks in once or twice a week to see how I'm doing.

Now that I'm feeling more comfortable, I'm ready to start telling my family. I'm also becoming more excited to become a mom and know that this isn't the end of the world. I'm just ready to have the remainder of my pregnancy be stress and worry free. My appetite is back, I've gotten back to dancing. Jamie and I want to open a school here and eventually expand to Texas. As my mom says, I'm glowing. No need to keep the biggest blessing in my life a secret anymore.

My parents left and it's Jamie and I alone with Rory. Murphy, and Vaughn. They were currently in their rooms and Jamie and I were trying to figure out dinner and weekend plans.

"Any idea what to do with these guys tomorrow? I know uncle Paul is going to try and rush back to town, but your mom said they probably won't be back until sometime Sunday," Jamie said.

"My dad just doesn't want us here alone. Let's figure out dinner though. I'm hungry," I replied.

She laughed at me.

"You just ate."

"Actually, it was a snack," I said, rolling my eyes.

As she was about to respond, the doorbell rang.

"You expecting anyone?" she questioned.

"No."

She nodded and went and answered the door. I heard a signature laugh.

"Hey sweetie," the voice said, entering the kitchen.

"Hi uncle Kev."

I got up and gave him a hug. I wasn't expecting to see any of my uncles so soon, but this was a great opportunity to tell him the news.

"Jamie..."

She gave me a look and then I guess it clicked.

"I'll give you two a minute. I'll go figure out dinner."

She gave me a reassuring smile, which I returned, before leaving the kitchen.

"I didn't know you were coming to town," I said, as uncle Kev took a seat at the island.

"It was a surprise."

"Do you want water, a beer, something stronger?"

"What's going on?" he questioned.

"What do you mean?" I countered.

He gave me a look.

"I know you Izzy."

I was fumbling around the kitchen trying to keep myself occupied.

"So are you going to tell me what's going on or keep trying to find a distraction?"

Deep breath Izzy. Just tell him and get it over with.

"Well, I have some news for you. I don't want you to freak out or anything."

I watched the concern grow on his face.

"Alright girl, you're scaring me. Do your parents know this news?"

I nodded.

"Yes they do. It's pretty important."

"So, what is it?"

"Just promise me you won't get mad?"

He gave me another look.

"Okay, okay. You're going to be a great uncle."

"I already am a great uncle."

"No, I mean literally, a great uncle. I'm pregnant uncle Kev."

Silence. I was waiting for him to explode. Then again, I didn't know what to expect.

"Pregnant? What? How? Well I know how, but pregnant?"

"Yeah," I whispered.

More silence.

"Come here," he said standing, opening his arms.

As he hugged me, I instantly felt better about telling him.

"Not the news I was expecting anytime soon, but congratulations baby."

"You mean that?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Absolutely. You tell any of my other hard headed brothers?"

"No. I need to though."

"I suggest you tell them in person."

"I will. Thanks for not judging me uncle Kev."

"Isabella, you're almost 20 years old. I don't have to agree with everything you do, but I'll never judge you. I'll always be here for you no matter what. Same goes for the little one."

"Thank you. I really appreciate the support."

"I love you as if you were my own Izzy. I'll support you in any way I can."

I nodded and wiped the tears forming from my eyes. Damn this baby makes me overly emotional.

"You know what you're having?"

"I will find out soon and I'm thinking of doing gender reveal. It'll be after Zach's birthday."

"A gender reveal?"

"Yeah, it's a party. Haven't you seen the videos? People reveal the colors of the baby. Sometimes they have poppers, or pop a balloon. Some have even done it with the smoke on cars."

"Oh, that. Well just let me know whenever you're doing that. I'll be here."

I smiled.

"How'd your boyfriend take the news? You two tell his parents?"

I shrugged.

"Yeah, we told his parents. As for Tyler, he's super overprotective and a part of me thinks..."

He held up his hand to stop me.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"That overthinking thing you do. If he's being overprotective, it's because he cares. Let him step up and be there for you. You're not in this alone."

"I know, but..."

"There's no buts about it."

Before I could respond I heard a voice.

"Izzy! Jamie said...."

Vaughn came running in the kitchen and stopped when she saw uncle Kev.

"Hi uncle Kev."

"Hi, baby."

I watched as he turned to V and picked her up with ease.

"You're getting heavier, lil bit."

She laughed.

"You're just getting weaker."

He put her down and started tickling her until she surrendered.

"Izzy, Jamie said she ordered pizza and Chinese for dinner. It'll be here soon."

I nodded.

The rest of the night went fine. We ate, caught up, had a family game night. 

The next morning, uncle Kev made breakfast and told us he wanted to take us shopping. Everyone was ready to go except for Aurora. She had some studying plans which I knew were bullshit. She was going to hang out with this guy, Kyle. I wasn't going to blow her cover but she promised to behave and keep her location on. It was now out of my hands. If she wasn't where she said she would be when uncle Kev came to pick her up, well, she'll have to learn the hard way.

|Aurora's POV|

Kyle and I were hanging at the bookstore when he decided he wanted to go walk around.

"I mean, I guess we could go."

He laughed.

"You really like to play it safe, huh?"

"You don't know my family," I mumbled.

"Care to share?"

"They're just overprotective. I had to lie and say I was doing a project with your sister so that my uncle wouldn't question it any further."

"So these are your dad's brothers?"

I shook my head.

"You really don't know wrestling?"

"Not much."

"That's a first. Well, my uncles and my dad came up in the business together. They're like their own little fraternity. So they formed the Kliq and my dad happens to have other wrestlers that he's close to as well. That's the gist of it."

"Oh, I get it. The fraternity part makes a lot of sense. So, they get to step in when your dad isn't around."

"Without question. Plus, if my dad thinks it's serious, double the punishment. Some call it harsh, but it's their method."

"Even with all that, you're still a rule breaker?" he questioned, with a smirk.

"Not exactly. I mean, I push my dad's limits a lot and if I get in trouble for it, so be it."

"I know that my dad will belt my ass in a heartbeat if I step out of line."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, he's harder on me than he is on my sister."

"It's like the reverse with me and my sisters versus my brother."

"Yeah, but Zach wasn't always around, so the dynamic is different."

"Still not fair."

"Well, let's get out of here and go walk around. Are you hungry?"

I nodded.

"I could eat."

He stood up and held his hand out for me to take it, which I did.

We went across the street to this bistro and quickly ordered.

"Thanks for hanging out with me today," Kyle noted.

"You don't have to thank me."

"Yeah, I do. You could've turned me down. Especially after what happened with you and Jonas. Plus the run in you had with Jonas."

"How do you know about that?"

He took a sip of his drink.

"The rumors he was spreading."

Suddenly I felt uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up."

"Is that why you asked me to hang out?"

He held up his hands.

"No, not at all. I asked you out because I like you. If I have to meet your dad and his gang of brothers to take you out again, I would. If you want me to tell Zach, fine. If you want to just be friends, that's fine too."

I nodded. There was nothing left to say. My phone started ringing. It was Jamie.

Hello.

Hey, we're leaving the mall so be ready.

Alright, I will.

We're close by.

I know how close you guys are Jamie.

I hung up and turned my attention back to Kyle.

"Sorry about that.":

He nodded.

"No worries. You have to leave?"

"Yeah, my uncle is on his way."

I watched as he waved over the waiter who then brought us boxes and Kyle took the check.

"I can pay..."

"No, you're not paying Rory. I got it."

As pulled out his wallet, my phone rang.

Hello.

We're outside.

Ok, I'm across the street getting food. 

You were supposed to be at the bookstore. How did you end up not where you said you would be?

He couldn't. be serious right now.

I'll be out in a second.

Before he could say anything else, I hung up. 

"I have to go. Thanks for the food."

"No need to thank me," he replied, mocking me.

I gave him a smile.

"Text me later."

"Will do."

I headed outside and saw the truck. I quickly walked over and Uncle Kev got out.

"Get done what you needed to?"

I nodded.

"We'll talk one on one at home."

"I..."

He opened the car door and motioned for me to get in. What did we have to talk about? There's no way he could know who I was hanging out with, right?

________________

Author's Note

Ready for Izzy to tell the rest of the family about her pregnancy?

Heading back to Florida, how will things pan out with Steph and Paul when they confront Nicole and Jackson?

Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.6K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
249K 8.3K 34
"Listen. I don't know what kind of man you think I am, but I'm not gonna throw you on the bed and have my way with you just because you're standing n...
1.3M 53.6K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.5K 143 12
Determined and quick thinking, Amelia Conti is okay on her own. She's also an expert in outdoor sports. So when her boss offers her the winter hike...