Change of Plans

|Paul's POV|

Since having Zach train with Kyle and Cole, he hasn't been giving his mother much trouble. They went to a few therapy sessions together while he was there. He sat down and talked to Nicole's fiancé, Jackson I believe is his name, and Zach seems okay. Not that he really has a choice.

He and his mom talked things out after their first conversation didn't go too well. He talked to both Steph and I separately about it. I got where he was coming from, but he was living his life and his mom had to live hers. Plus, she was happy. Happier than he had seen her in a while. How she went about it he may not have liked it, but in the end, she meant well. I know Nicole's intention wasn't to hurt Zach. They still had a lot to work through, but with effort from the both of them, they'd be ok.

He had a few days before he'd be meeting me to fly back home to Connecticut, but little did he know we'd be going to Paris. We have three birthdays we'll be celebrating, Aurora, Murphy, and Vaughn. Instead of having a party, we bumped up our family vacation instead. It all works out anyway so the kids can get back into a routine once we get back before school starts and Zach will be in conditioning for football.

Steph and the girls left over the weekend and Izzy and Jamie should be there by now. I wasn't going to be flying out until after the NXT show Wednesday night with Zach. It was currently Monday night and I was heading to Raw. I didn't come to Raw that often anymore, but with the kids away, I decided to come down to Florida in the meantime.

I was talking to some of the Superstars that were lingering around when I got a call from Nicole.

"Excuse me guys."

They nodded and I walked into one of the empty rooms to take the call.

Hey Nicole.

Paul! Zach's been arrested!

He what?!

He just called me from a police station saying he was arrested. He didn't say what for. I don't know the extent of what's going on.

I made my way out of the arena. I'd text Vince later on because I knew he'd be looking for me, knowing I was in the building. I waited for the valet to get my car.

Where was he today?

Today was the last day he went out with his friends. Since the party, he's been with me and Jackson. He asked could he see them before he left and I said yes. Told him to be back by a certain time and I just got the call.

What police station is he at?

One in Orlando.

He was supposed to be in Tampa which is where Nicole lived. How he ended up in Orlando is beyond me.

How far is that from you?

About an hour. Who knows why he went so far out. I just wanted to call and let you know.

I'm actually in Florida and we could go to the station together. Let me see how far I am from you.

I just texted you my address.

Thankfully in that moment, valet pulled up with my rental. I got in, put in Nicole's address, and I was a mere 20 minutes away.

Says I'm 20 minutes away. Do you mind...

No, we can go to the station together.

Alright, see you soon.

I drove to her house as quickly and as legally as I could. I called Steph on the way. While it was almost 7pm here in Florida, it was almost 1am there . Although it was late, knowing Steph, she'd be upset if I didn't tell her what was going on.