Emerald Assassin X Avengers (...

By millb321

"What's that on your shirt...?" "Would you believe me if I said red paint?" "Is it paint?" "...yes?" Meet... More

Introductions
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
Bonus scene #1
Bonus scene #2
Bonus scene #3
Bonus scene #4
Bonus scene #5
New Book!!!

47

8.6K 294 50
By millb321

A/N:
Y'all's comments are killing me 😂
Anyways, enjoy :)

   Ashlyn's pov:

Ash was sitting on the couch in the Avenger's living room. She held an ice pack (Steve insisted) to her abdomen, although the wounds had already healed. There were children running in every direction and Ash was having a good time watching Sam and Bucky trying to get them all to sit still. Nat, Clint, Pepper, and Tony were sitting in a circle on the floor of the living room playing with the babies. Maya had been standing in the corner of the room having a conversation with Wanda. Ash wasn't sure when they had managed to become friends but at the moment she had more pressing matters, Maya came over to Ash and whispered something in her ear. Ash rolled her eyes but nodded.

She stood very suddenly and the eyes of every child in the room were fixed on her.

"Bedtime." The children all got into a single file line and waited for her next instructions. Ash was used to this because this is what they had been taught to do at the orphanage. Ash hesitated, she wasn't actually sure where the kids were supposed to sleep. She was saved when Tony stood up.

"They can take the guest rooms." Ash nodded and led the kids into the elevator, what she didn't expect, was for Peter to walk in after her. She raised an eyebrow at him and he shrugged.

Maya's pov:

Once Ash, Peter, and the 15 other children were gone Maya turned towards the group.

"Thanks for letting them crash here"

Tony nodded as if to say 'no problem' and the others gave her small smiles.

"Is Ash going to be okay?" Asked Steve

Maya thought for a second, Ash was very good at what she did, and for the most part, she knew what she was doing. But Ash was also very reckless. Maya nodded at Steve.

"She knows what she's doing" In reality, Maya could only hope Ash actually knew what to do.

"I mean... about Jack, she hasn't really-"

Maya knew what Steve meant, for the past week Ash has been deflecting every time Maya tried to bring up Jack. It wasn't healthy but there was nothing Maya could do.

"She'll be fine," Maya said, avoiding eye contact. In all honestly, she had no idea what to do about Ash's avoidance.

Peter's pov:

Peter followed as Ash led the kids down the hallways towards the room where Ash had occupied during her stay.

"Aren't you going to sleep in there?" He asked her as she opened the door to the room and the kids followed her inside.

"I'm not staying Peter"

Peter frowned at her response.

It's not that he wanted her to stay... well maybe he did.

But most of all Peter was just worried, she had just been shot three times previously that day and Peter had no idea how she was even walking right now. He thought that there was probably a lot he didn't know about her. Part of him wanted to ask but another part of him was scared at how she might react.

Peter watched as Ash spread a blanket out on the floor of the room so that the kids would have a place to sleep. He smiled slightly when she picked up a small girl and twirled her around before placing her on the bed, which made the small girl giggle.

Once Ash had put all the kids in their spots she started to exit the room, Peter followed her. He waited until she had quietly closed the door behind her before beginning to speak again.

"Are you sure you shouldn't stay here? What about your injury?"

Ashlyn began to lift the bottom of her shirt and Peter shut his eyes very quickly. Ash laughed a little and Peter opened his eyes a tiny bit so that he was now squinting. Ash was showing him the place where the bullets had been but where was now but a few light pink scars.

"All healed," she said happily before turning and starting her way down the hallway.

Peter jogged so that he was now walking beside her. He noticed the way she held herself, confidently, as if she were the best and she knew it. Which, Peter told himself, was probably true.

"So what are you gonna do now?" Peter watched her slightly hesitate before responding

"Probably kick some ass, as usual," She said honestly with a shrug.

There was silence for another few seconds as they got into the elevator, Peter decided to break it.

"So what do you like to do for fun?" He asked casually.

Ash looked at him as though she could not believe what he had just asked her.

"I-I don't really know" she admitted finally, "I guess I like to boss people around"

Peter rolled his eyes, "Yeah but besides that? There's gotta be like a hobby or something"

Ash seemed to think for a moment before she smiled "I like boxing."

Peter wanted to ask her if she did anything other than fight but then he remembered where she grew up and he immediately felt guilty.

"You should try training with Nat," He said with a small laugh

"Didn't I already beat her?" Ash reminded him and he shook his head.

"I mean without using your powers," He said and she shrugged.

As the two walked back into the living room, Peter noticed how Ash looked at Maya with a pointed look and Maya nodded. The two girls started walking back toward the elevator until Ash turned back around.

"I'll come back later to check on them," She told them.

But Steve stood up and blocked her path to the elevator.

Steve's pov:

Steve blocked her path to the elevator.

"You don't actually think I'd let you go out and fight while you're still injured do you?" He asked sternly. Ash put her hands on her hips and tilted her head to the side.

"It's not actually your choice so-" Ash tried to move around him but he stopped her and she raised her eyebrows at him.

"Ashlyn please, you're hurt" he tried to get her to understand

"I'm fine, it's already healed" Steve could tell she was slightly annoyed. He could also tell that the rest of the Avengers were watching this whole thing play out. He looked at Bucky with a look that said 'help me'.

"Ash maybe you should stay, just for the night so that we can-" Bucky started but she cut him off

"I'm not staying here, I don't need-" Her phone started ringing.

Ashlyn took her phone out of her pockets and looked down at the contact. Steve saw her eyes widen slightly.

Ashlyn's pov:

Why in the hell was Oliver calling her?!

Ash took one last look at Steve before turning her back to him and walking back past the living room and into the kitchen. She then answered the call.

"Didn't think you'd have the guts to call me" She said coldly, she could hear her slight Russian accent coming through. It happened when she was angry, like really angry.

"Yes, I heard about what happened to your little friend. Shame, he was a good fighter. Maybe if he didn't-"

"Watch your tongue. I will not hesitate to rip it from your mouth" Ash threatened, her voice getting darker. Her anger only grew when Oliver started laughing.

"Oh Emerald honey, you'll never find me."

Ash suddenly had an idea. But for her idea to work she had to keep this conversation going. Ash moved quickly back into the living room where everyone still was. She motioned to Maya for something to write with and Maya quickly gave her a pen. Ash stole a napkin from the table and began writing whatever she could get from Oliver.

"You don't seem like the type to like sunlight, I'm gonna guess... Canada?" Ash improvised. She motioned for Maya to start recording the call, Maya pulled out her laptop and got to work. The other Avengers just stayed still and Ash motioned for them to remain quiet.

"You're close, well not really, I guess you'll never find out" he spoke and Ash began writing.

"You seem oddly confident about that fact. Especially considering you tried to kill me." Her tone was calm however the slight Russian was still noticeable and it made her sound even more intimidating.

"Don't point fingers at me" He said in mock offense, Ash ignored his comment and pressed on.

"So why'd you call then hm? Did you miss me?" She said the last part in a very sarcastic voice.

"I hear you've created some trouble, stealing children... I thought you were better than that" Ash scoffed and he continued "We did have a deal, once I become the new head of Hydra we will officially become allies. I will owe you until the day that I die, Or until you die. That being said, I just want peace and I don't think you would fit in that category"

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" Ash said while continuing to write on the napkin.

"Take it however you like, it's the truth. It's in your roots, it's how you were made. I know about your past Emerald, I know about the orphanage." Ash had to remind herself that Oliver didn't know that she knew about him being the head of the orphanage. Ash gritted her teeth but tried to remain calm.

"Anyways I just wanted to call and congratulate you. You've got the whole army coming after you now, good luck Emerald. You're gonna need it"

Before Ash could say something snarky and rude, he had hung up the call. Ash looked over at Maya.

"Did you get all that?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 3.9K 23
'It was strange, to pretend that I knew nothing about this boy, when, in reality, I knew pretty much everything about him.' Hydra is all y/n knows. T...
465 2 11
You were the daughter of Tony Stark, aka Iron Man. When you were eight there was an explosion in a Stark Industries lab giving you super speed. When...
149K 4.5K 57
"I can do it!" four-year-old Raven shouted to her father as she cautiously took a step toward the ocean for the first time. ----------- "I can't do...
9.1K 376 29
Ophelia Walker was the oldest daughter of Paul Walker. Ophelia had a little sister named Meadow, who looked up to her for everything. After a stupid...